F355 Body kit? F355spider? by 4mulaFire
Started on: 07-11-2005 09:30 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: F355spider on 07-12-2005 09:24 PM
4mulaFire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4mulaFireSend a Private Message to 4mulaFireDirect Link to This Post

I love this car...Can I buy it ? Who makes this body kit? I'v been out of the fiero community for quiet a while, but I can't recall ever seeing a kit like this anywhere else. Where is it available?

------------------
Original Blue 87GT 5spd.
Modified 2.8L V6

Centerforce Dual Friction, H4 Blue headlights, Cleared Taillights, Mr. Mikes Leather, MoMo Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel, Lowered 1.5", Konig Verdict 17" Rims, Power everything, Speed Hut Gauges, Short Shifter, Ported Manifolds.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
You might want to check out Ari's Fiero-Based Kit Car Forum, at www.kitcar.ca ... there's a whole bunch of various Ferrari-kit info there.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
that is Mike's (F355Spider) car. the kit is an AD355 spyder kit,
mike adapted it to the fiero gt body. you can see some more
of it on www.texasfieros.com

edit: i do believe this car will be forsale soon. after the 240 dash
get's done.

t...

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 07-11-2005).]

4mulaFire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4mulaFireSend a Private Message to 4mulaFireDirect Link to This Post
It'll be for sale soon? I didn't think it was possible to get that lucky. If the owner reads this, PLEASE keep me updated when this comes about for sale. I'm definatly interested in it.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
There are at least 3 ferrari kit cars onm eBay right now of various kinds.

By the way, you should also know that suppliers (Makers) of the ferrari kits keep a low profile because the ferrari lawyers have been enforcing their rights to the designs. In other words, if you find what you want, you should keep it low profile. If you like the F355, there are (relatively) a lot of them around but you might have to buy one from an individual owner insetad of buying a kit to assemble yourself.

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Its the same kit as mine.
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
that's my favourite looking ferrari by far.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Yep that’s my car; it is a modified AD kit. The AD is the best 355 kit in production. There are others but none as good as the AD Just as everyone on the Fiero kit car forum you will get the same answer I told you. I Actually did a few modes to mine to fit my taste and make the car more like a factory built car. I used the GT roof and molded the 355 Quarters to it I also used the Fiero engine cover and molded the 355 rear and scoop to it so I have a dry motor(it has a 4.9 with 5 speed) and a trunk that seals and is usable. If you really want to buy the car PM me and I can give you all the details like the doors open by their self by pushing a button on the remote. 200 MPH Speedo plus more goodies. I also made the door vents bigger it was more work but to me it looks better. Any way thanks for the compliment and when I finish the Interior it is for sale but I got to give Tom a ride before I sell it.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Yeah, it would be a good idea to check out the kit forum listed above...The AD kit is the best one out there concerning authenticity...However the guy who makes the AD kit has no website and doesn't get on the net at all, so ask for his contact info from a guy named funnywheels on the forum.......

If you want to do some shopping for the kit, there is a couple other manufactures..

Link # 1 http://www.b-bspyder.com
Link # 2 http://www.coolcustomcars.com/default.html

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 07-12-2005).]

KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsDirect Link to This Post
That's one of the nicest kit cars I've seen on a Fiero. Usually all the 355's are soft tops, rare to see a hard top. Nice work.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:
Any way thanks for the compliment and when I finish the Interior it is for sale but I got to give Tom a ride before I sell it.

AMEN to that. i can't wait for a ride and to see the finished product. Mike that is one SWEET car.
sure wish you could of made it to the car show, i think you would of won in the open class.

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
For the AD355 Rebody, call John Watson at Air Dynamics. 706-328-3311. Located in North Georgia.
slickrick2000

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
Do the AD kits require a stretched fiero frame?

I have wanted to do a 355 kit for quite a while, and from what I hear (and see) this looks like the nicest kit out there. But I want a kit that uses a stretched frame.

BTW, very nice work on the cars in this thread.

Rick

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by slickrick2000:

Do the AD kits require a stretched fiero frame?

I have wanted to do a 355 kit for quite a while, and from what I hear (and see) this looks like the nicest kit out there. But I want a kit that uses a stretched frame.

BTW, very nice work on the cars in this thread.

Rick

Most of them do not require a stretched frame.

I like that rebody. It is not over done like alot of them are.

------------------

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
You can get a stetch or a non stretch from AD. Mine is a none stretch kit. - Austin
CentralFloridaFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CentralFloridaFierosClick Here to visit CentralFloridaFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to CentralFloridaFierosDirect Link to This Post
anyone know the current price of a Non Strech kit?
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CentralFloridaFieros:

anyone know the current price of a Non Strech kit?

i believe the AD355 spyder is $6500 and the AD355 coupe $7000

slickrick2000

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
Tom, do the stretched kits cost more? If I am ever going to do a kit, I want to make it as authentic as posible.

Nothing against the non stretched cars out there, but it's not what I want to do.

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:
Yep that’s my car; it is a modified AD kit.

That's gorgeous... I can't imagine owning that car and letting it go. Absolutely beautiful.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
AMEN to that. i can't wait for a ride and to see the finished product. Mike that is one SWEET car.
sure wish you could of made it to the car show, i think you would of won in the open class.

[/QUOTE]
I wish I could have too. I wanted to go bad but I started the interior swap and could not have driven the car I would have been in the Mutt. It would be nice to get a trophy out of it. The AD comes both ways you can actually get an extended windshield version also. I recommend John to anyone that wants a 355 kit he is great and one of the nicest guys I have meet that sells Fiero Stuff. You can actually use real 355 bumpers, lights, grills and gas cover and his kits are even drilled for the emblems. I normally do not promote venders but John is one in a million unlike others I have dealt with. Buy the way anything I have is for sale if the price is right they are just possessions that you always hope someone else wants more than you.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock