Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  new style notch back tails lights (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
new style notch back tails lights by Mickey_Moose
Started on: 06-28-2005 03:01 PM
Replies: 64
Last post by: MoneyNoMo on 03-07-2006 04:31 AM
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2005 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Due to demand I may offer the vinyl mask for sale. I will make a post once they are available, but not till I am happy with the final cut. The ones I posted are only my first set and have some issues of them not covering all areas inside the lens correctly (although that can easily be fixed with some black paint).

***preliminary cost only*** I am thinking around the $80 range for the mask only (time consuming to peel out all the dots) – does this sound fair?? Or perhapes, if you wish, I could just send the vinyl cut and you can remove all the 'garbage' parts - thoughts?

Tim

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 07-07-2005).]

IP: Logged
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2005 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
I'm definitely interested in only the computer-cut vinyl mask - I'm able to weed out the vinyl and mask it for application myself, so I'd prefer to save you the time and effort (and save me the extra money).

Thanks for taking the time to perfect these... they look terrific.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

3.8 SC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

I'm definitely interested in only the computer-cut vinyl mask - I'm able to weed out the vinyl and mask it for application myself, so I'd prefer to save you the time and effort (and save me the extra money).

Thanks for taking the time to perfect these... they look terrific.

Ditto! What he said.

------------------
WWW.CLEVELANDFIEROS.COM

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052322.html#lastpost
My rear defuser

3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Any up dates?

------------------
WWW.CLEVELANDFIEROS.COM

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052322.html#lastpost
My rear defuser
It will be painted at the end of summer!

Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
How much lol ...good job ..they look professtional ..like there stock

keep us posted

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
How does it all look without the vinyl mask? Just the lenses because I hate the grid pattern on the stock ones....

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Very, very nice.

If I had a notch-back that modification would rank high on my "things to do list."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-20-2005).]

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2005 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I haven't had much time to mess around with these as of late (move into a new home and there is way too much other stuff that needs to be done right now). I however did send a set of non-Pontiac masks to LZeitgeist for him to try out and let me know how they work.

As for how they look without the mask, well the mask hides some issues that would exist with the inner colored lens (mainly the seams). So in my opinion they would not look very nice. The rear reflector is untouched expect that I added in the divider between the amber and red lens as the light would bleed through to the opposite side (noticable in the dark).

Tim

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Any news on these? I just got a '86 SE and I'm looking for some stylin' taillights.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
....hmm, just saw this thread pop up again, still waiting to hear back if the most recent one works ok. I have yet to find the time myself to work on them.

If you are interested, email me and we can work something out.

Tim

TejasFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TejasFieroSend a Private Message to TejasFieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice Job! I really like that. You could use another bumper cover w/o the Pontiac. I like Pontiac in the tail light.
BTW- That yellow Trans Am is my dream car! If anybody knows where one is for sale, please let me know. I missed out on one on Ebay about a year ago!
PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

....hmm, just saw this thread pop up again, still waiting to hear back if the most recent one works ok. I have yet to find the time myself to work on them.

If you are interested, email me and we can work something out.

Tim

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't had time to sit down and work on them, either... * blush * Life in general just got busy, and now holidays are upon us and life gets busier... *sigh*

I appreciate your generosity in sending them to me, but if you would like me to return them to you since I've been unable to provide any feedback, then I understand completely.

Let me know. Or, when I'm able, then I'll get to work on them and post info here. Can't say when that would be; just that I will try.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here*

Helo-mech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Helo-mechClick Here to visit Helo-mech's HomePageSend a Private Message to Helo-mechDirect Link to This Post
How hard would it be to do custom lettering in the Pontiac spot? I'm thinking Fiero GT, Fiero GTP, 3800SC....

------------------

My house is almost done, and my 85 GT wants more power! Soon to be - 3800SC!

Check out my Fiero project page!

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Helo-mech:

How hard would it be to do custom lettering in the Pontiac spot? I'm thinking Fiero GT, Fiero GTP, 3800SC....

or how about W/O the pontiac. Bleh, I do not like the pontiac in the lights for notchies.

YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Very cool lights. Like said before "if I had a notchie I would love to have a set". Great work +++

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
...as for changing the lettering, should not be too tough, just have to change the original file.

LZeitgeist has a non-Pontiac set - and if I ever get around to it, I will be making another set without the Pontiac for myself (I plan on trying a different method). But that is one of the last things on the list to do right now.

metoady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for metoadyClick Here to visit metoady's HomePageSend a Private Message to metoadyDirect Link to This Post
ok it took me a while but this was what i was looking for
did you ever make a kit template ????
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by metoady:

ok it took me a while but this was what i was looking for
did you ever make a kit template ????

One set has been made and is to be tested for how well it fits - other than that not much more has been done, I have been busy working on the motor the last few months to do anything with the tail lights. Once LZeitgeist lets me know how they fit, I can have a bunch made up.

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the process of packing everything up to move into a house, so it'll probably be after winter before I'm able to invest time in the car... apologies for holding things up. Seems like one thing after another for the past few months.

I'll be glad when I've got the room and the time to get back to working on this kind of stuff...

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
They should of had ppl from here available when they made the fiero

Those look very very nice.... I like

3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Any up dates?
PFF
System Bot
GTFiero87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero87Send a Private Message to GTFiero87Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, you should definately make a contract with a company and market them through Fierostore or Rodney's.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for my lack progress on these, but other piority things have come up (like getting the car back in one piece).

I am thinking that maybe in about a month or so, I should be able to dedicate some time towards these.

Also of note, when I get around to it, I will only be offering the mask only (not a kit of any kind - at least there are no plans to right now). Pontiac can be added for a bit extra and it can be cut out of transparent colors if you like (if you wish for it to light up). I could probably have it cut out of any color you want - be aware there are many different shades of some of the colors. I personally think the Pontiac needs to be changed slightly (not as tall). Custom graphics will not be available unless you can supply me with a vector image of it, as I don't have to time to be making up a one off design (sorry).

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 03-04-2006).]

Skratch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2006 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkratchClick Here to visit Skratch's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkratchDirect Link to This Post
When you're ready to start selling the vinyls let us know.
I would kill to have a set of those lights, even iff I have to source the colored lenses myself.

Of all the ideas I have seen for notchie taillighst these are hands down the best!

MoneyNoMo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2006 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MoneyNoMoSend a Private Message to MoneyNoMoDirect Link to This Post
Since it's raining here now, Here's a few PhotoShopped variations:

I think i like the bottom one best .

[This message has been edited by MoneyNoMo (edited 03-07-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay