Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Junkyard score.. uh.. save.. uh.. 88 YES!!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Junkyard score.. uh.. save.. uh.. 88 YES!!! by Max The Chainsaw
Started on: 10-07-2005 09:41 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Max The Chainsaw on 02-28-2006 10:10 PM
Max The Chainsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Went to a junkyard to get a coolant pipe for the zr-2. This yard had only had 1 Fiero, an 86 coupe been there a lllooonnnggg time. Well, when i go tthere they told me they had just gotten 2 Fieros in. So i went back to check em out... 87 GT black, rough but all there (Including the 2 cracked taillights.. :( ) Then I saw it, 88 GT, red, complete but damage on the right side just in front of the back wheel. Power everything including:

Anyone ever seen these seats before? First fiero I've seen with them. Asked them about buying the whole car, (Can't let an 88 GT die in a junkyard can we?) Long story short, the car was dropped off today, our Fiero #5. The bad stuff on it:

Damage to the side panel, rear clip and iner window lining, as well aw qtr glass and engine grille. Also minor damage to the spaceframe (Pushed in about 3/4 inch, tough but repairable) Battery box is bent ( Front mount time!! ).No sunroof, rear glass broke out, windshield cracked, paint bad. (Gonna have to retire my 85GT anyway, space frame rotted away to nothing in rear corner of cab area and rails gone. Parts from the 85 will go on the 88 as needed.)

The good:

Near perfect taillights.

Great looking inside!!

34433 miles!!!!

They GAVE me the parts of the 87 GT I need for the 88!!!

OOPS, out of space for pics, be right back......

Max

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
Nice score!! lucky ba$terd
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
That's a lumbar suport seat. Nice score.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

Nice score!! lucky ba$terd

HI all,

Agrees!..........Glad to see one being saved instead of picked on.....lol......

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Even though they did deliver the car, no extra cost, it was a little tricky getting the parts home.

A picture of it's GOOD side:

The window on the drivers side is OK, we just covered it with plastic cause we had to go and there is no battery to run it up. LOL
And the right front:

One interseting note, the left quarter window is in excellent shape, and I just happen to have an excellent right side window that we took out of daughters car when we put Fiero Warehouse windows in. Other notable things, title shows this as a one owner car, owner lived about 1 1/2 miles from me and I have never seen this car in my life!!!

Now the best part, before you all start asking like I know you will..... LOL It all cost me the grand total of $500 + $96 title transfer and taxes. I hope I didn't get ripped off......

Have a great day, I did......

Max

For the 88 Database guy: 1G2PG1195JP202147 V6, auto, red (Until wife gets ahold of it...) A/C,PW,PM,PL,PS,

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all,

Agrees!..........Glad to see one being saved instead of picked on.....lol......

WOW, 3 replies before I could even finish!!!! Thank you all, I too couldn't stand seeing a car like this getting picked over. I just noticed, the title they gave me is CLEAN!! Not even a salvage title!! I hope it comes back that way from the state!!!

Whay am I so happy? It's gonna be the wifes car.... I just have to fix it.... Oh well, I do like fixing em.

Max

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Good save!

Why can't I be that lucky?

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I would hate to direct you to ebay to show you how much these are going for... With that many miles.. All options? Humm.. a little Mr mikes , body work and paint.. and you've managed an amazing sell / buy your wife another 3 with the profits !

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I would hate to direct you to ebay to show you how much these are going for... With that many miles.. All options? Humm.. a little Mr mikes , body work and paint.. and you've managed an amazing sell / buy your wife another 3 with the profits !

hahaha Now there's an idea!!!! One that would have the wife leaving me singing soprano!!!!!

I think we will keep this one.

Max

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
I hate you...... lol

I wish I could run into a fastback(I want a fastback setup) car for that cheap PLUS with all those goodies and the condition you got it in. B O G U S lol Good luck and rock on for saving one!

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
The pnuematic lumbar seat is a driver side only thing... I have it in my 88GT as well... you now have almost the same car as I do.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
268 GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 268 GTSend a Private Message to 268 GTDirect Link to This Post
Great find. It's good to see that it will live again.

------------------
Power is nothing without control.

Twin Engine Fiero Project

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
nice save!
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Cool . . .
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap, that's the steal of the century! $500 would be a good price for two fastback clips, a set of taillights, a spotless interior, and a lumbar seat, but an 88 to go with it?? Man, I'm jealous!
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
nice find and good job taking the steps to save her. makes you wonder how that car ended up in a junkyard. makes you wonder even more how many people have internet access. surely if they did that car would have ended up on ebay or something. good luck with the resto.
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Wow Max, that's a great find!
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

The pnuematic lumbar seat is a driver side only thing... I have it in my 88GT as well... you now have almost the same car as I do.

I'd be willing to bet yours is driveable though!!

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by GonsaiPK:

Holy crap, that's the steal of the century! $500 would be a good price for two fastback clips, a set of taillights, a spotless interior, and a lumbar seat, but an 88 to go with it?? Man, I'm jealous!

Thanks. You're from Urbana? Gee, that's only about 45 miles from me!! If ya interested, the 87 in the yard still has a very nice right seat and 120 guage cluster.... Hurry on the seat though, it has no sunroof in it......

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by sostock:

nice find and good job taking the steps to save her. makes you wonder how that car ended up in a junkyard. makes you wonder even more how many people have internet access. surely if they did that car would have ended up on ebay or something. good luck with the resto.

Thank you, It's way too nice a car to be there. Hope I can make it like new again. My guess on why it was there would be an insurance company.... those ba$tards will total a fiero for a broken side marker light!!

Max

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Max The Chainsaw:

Even though they did deliver the car, no extra cost, it was a little tricky getting the parts home.

Have a great day, I did......

Max

For the 88 Database guy: 1G2PG1195JP202147 V6, auto, red (Until wife gets ahold of it...) A/C,PW,PM,PL,PS,

Even though you obviously had it tied down, I will bet you had visions of it blowing off the whole way home. Great find you lucky...

------------------

PFF
System Bot
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
very nice , ive had alot of people hate me for the multiple amazing deals ive gotten . but you beat me now , glad to see it will be saved

------------------

86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
!!!!!!!! :ENVY: :ENVY: :ENVY:
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
You get the Great Canadian "HOLY CRAP!!!!!"

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Owner / Design Lead - WordMark.ca Communications
White 85 Notchback - A.K.A. GodFearN

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

hahaha Now there's an idea!!!! One that would have the wife leaving me singing soprano!!!!!

I think we will keep this one.

Max

There you go, exaggerating again... laugh... just keep reminding me, this is the before state... kinda like when you brought Night Wolf home with the interior in boxes.... and he turned out pretty good... too bad he's gonna have to be retired, but we can merge him with this one so he will live on...

Now I just have to decide on what all I want to change... besides the carpeting... laugh... not sure on the seats... tough call... Mr. Mikes two toned grey or the standard grey that came with the car.... oh well.. either way, I'm sure we can do something with the other set... and I have to decide if I want the glass quarter panels, or the scoops instead... same deal... I already know I don't want the aux. gauges, and the dot matrix surrounds, but I think Tsukiko might want them... I need to look into the carbon fiber ones, or find a set of the dark silver grey ones instead of the shiny ones... decisions, decisions... well one I know for sure, it's not going to be repainted red... laugh... metallic flake for sure...purple is right up there... but you never know... grin... guess I don't need to add Night Wolf to my sig now... laugh...

------------------

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Even though you obviously had it tied down, I will bet you had visions of it blowing off the whole way home. Great find you lucky...

You got that right!!!! Even took the back way (And I mean THE back way, like 20 MPH thru area that looks like the backwoods of redneck land...) Had to take that pic, it was so adsurd looking.

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

very nice , ive had alot of people hate me for the multiple amazing deals ive gotten . but you beat me now , glad to see it will be saved

And you know, I have no idea how I come across this stuff, it just seems to find me. Not complaining by any means though!!

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by Eclipse:

You get the Great Canadian "HOLY CRAP!!!!!"

Now this message really hit me funny!!! Best laugh I've had in a few days. Thanks

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by Amethyst:

There you go, exaggerating again... laugh... just keep reminding me, this is the before state... kinda like when you brought Night Wolf home with the interior in boxes.... and he turned out pretty good... too bad he's gonna have to be retired, but we can merge him with this one so he will live on...

Now I just have to decide on what all I want to change... besides the carpeting... laugh... not sure on the seats... tough call... Mr. Mikes two toned grey or the standard grey that came with the car.... oh well.. either way, I'm sure we can do something with the other set... and I have to decide if I want the glass quarter panels, or the scoops instead... same deal... I already know I don't want the aux. gauges, and the dot matrix surrounds, but I think Tsukiko might want them... I need to look into the carbon fiber ones, or find a set of the dark silver grey ones instead of the shiny ones... decisions, decisions... well one I know for sure, it's not going to be repainted red... laugh... metallic flake for sure...purple is right up there... but you never know... grin... guess I don't need to add Night Wolf to my sig now... laugh...

Yeah, this in the "Before" state. if you remember, all of the Fiero's have had their share of problems when we got em. Even The ZR-2 was in pretty rough shape, esp inside, and look at it now.

Let me know what ya want as the car progresses. You said you want a bright red, right? (Ducks and runs.....)

------------------

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, this in the "Before" state. if you remember, all of the Fiero's have had their share of problems when we got em. Even The ZR-2 was in pretty rough shape, esp inside, and look at it now.

Let me know what ya want as the car progresses. You said you want a bright red, right? (Ducks and runs.....)

You mention something about singing suprano???!!! Although, if you're talking a metallic burgundy or dark cherry black or something... that would be ok... that side picture of the car doesn't look half bad, even if it is red...

Every car needs something changed or fixed on it... why I'd bet even a new car would... well, it would if I got my hands on it, got to detail it to make it personal!! laugh... Hmmmm.... do I want to do a hood decal? I don't know, if it deteriorates like the one on Night Wolf, then no... and I'm not sure about pin striping either... but that's ok, it will be some time before it gets to that point... laugh...

As for Sno'ball's interior... it really wasn't that bad... especially the dash is in excellent condition and will be going into this one... yeah, the drivers seat was in bad shape, but the passenger seat was great... and we knew we were gonna gut the interior anyway... laugh...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amethyst (edited 10-09-2005).]

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Although, if you're talking a metallic burgundy or dark cherry black or something... that would be ok... that side picture of the car doesn't look half bad, even if it is red...

As for Sno'ball's interior... it really wasn't that bad... especially the dash is in excellent condition and will be going into this one... yeah, the drivers seat was in bad shape, but the passenger seat was great... and we knew we were gonna gut the interior anyway... laugh...

Yeah, seems we gut the interiors of all of em when we get em. I like to say it's so I can steam clean everything to get the dirt and cigarette smoke out, but it's actually so I can see how much money I can find under the seats and inside the console!!

Max

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Pm'ed you the CarFax info on the car. Congrats on the nice find.
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Pm'ed you the CarFax info on the car. Congrats on the nice find.

Thank you very much!!

Max

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, seems we gut the interiors of all of em when we get em. I like to say it's so I can steam clean everything to get the dirt and cigarette smoke out, but it's actually so I can see how much money I can find under the seats and inside the console!!

Max

Don't forget gold rings!! laugh... Sno'ball was very nice to me... bless his cute little heart!!

------------------

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2005 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Don't forget gold rings!! laugh... Sno'ball was very nice to me... bless his cute little heart!!

hahah Yeah, that's right. That girl in Lafayette was really surprised when we called her about finding her class ring under the seat of that white coupe in the yunkyard she had owned 10 years before, wasn't she.

And of course the 14K gold ring we found under the seat of the ZR-2. Guys, take this to heart, look under the seats of ALL your Fieros!!!

------------------

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
He shoots, he SCORES. way to go, Good to see one being saved. Cheers Beers n Gears Joe
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
Very nice find Max, especially the spare clip. My latest was 'everything' that would come off an 87 convertible except the space frame. (Don't ask why not the whole car) And a complete 88 Coupe that needs the engine looked at. Both were $175 each. I'll see the 88DB guy gets your info. BTW I need about a 2' x 2' piece of the left rear corner of a GT clip to repair one I have. PM if you want to sell a piece before you scrap it. (if you haven't already... just noticed the post date.)

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight."

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 02-11-2006).]

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

He shoots, he SCORES. way to go, Good to see one being saved. Cheers Beers n Gears Joe

Thanks. I just now saw this reply. It's gonna be a lot of work, but I find it very satisfying as well to take a car someone has considered junk and turn it into something special.

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

Very nice find Max, especially the spare clip. My latest was 'everything' that would come off an 87 convertible except the space frame. (Don't ask why not the whole car) And a complete 88 Coupe that needs the engine looked at. Both were $175 each. I'll see the 88DB guy gets your info. BTW I need about a 2' x 2' piece of the left rear corner of a GT clip to repair one I have. PM if you want to sell a piece before you scrap it. (if you haven't already... just noticed the post date.)

Thanks. Just now got back to this thread. $175 is a great price!!! Now ya just need to get that coupe running!! I emailed you about the clip, but I guess you know that by now, 4 days later.

Max

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Thanks. I just now saw this reply. It's gonna be a lot of work, but I find it very satisfying as well to take a car someone has considered junk and turn it into something special.

Max

Back at ya. Joe

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock