Started on: 02-18-2006 03:46 PM
Replies: 36
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 02-21-2006 09:43 AM
sonic50

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Went to the World of wheels car show today. The gafiero club has five fieros up there.
I got about 113 photos but I will post some of them.

Enjoy. Scott

[This message has been edited by sonic50 (edited 02-18-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
A few more.

------------------

www.iamanascarfan.com

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Nice shots! I hate to say this, anymore of the Bat car?

Really nice photos, post more.....

------------------
Thank you,

IZA TOY's Home Page www.IZATOY.com

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Um... Yeah I got more of the bat car but I am about to go see a movie. I will post the photos when I get back from the moive. I will even pm you and tell you that the photos are up.

The batmobile was cool to see in person. I got alot more photos and make sure that I will post alot more when I don't have any thing eles to do.

Also any of the Gafiero club memeber post your photos here.

Scott

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Cool. I'm hoping to hit the show when it makes it around to Detroit this year. First week of March, I believe...I want to take a close look at some of the Riddler cars.

Bob

fierodustin_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sonic50:

Went to the World of wheels car show today. The gafiero club has five fieros up there.
I got about 113 photos but I will post some of them.

Enjoy. Scott

Whats the deal? NO pics of the Arterro kit(PISA). I see it lurking back there.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Lets see if you know you cars.

What kind of car is it. The first one to tell me and gets it right will get a +. Only if I have not yet gave you a +.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Those are some really great shots! Thank you again for posting more.

------------------
Thank you,

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Its a Pantarea
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Its a Pantarea

I concur.

PFF
System Bot
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
How many pictures you guys want? I took about 100 today, all are now 640x480 80 kb each. I don't want to go overboard, lol, but there were some badass cars there.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
Here come my pictures:
My '88 Fiero GT:

[This message has been edited by Tinton (edited 02-19-2006).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
Ronnie & Carolyn Fulcher's Yellow '88 GT T-tops with Caddy 4.9:

Craig Brown's '86 SE with an Artero bodykit and Caddy 4.9:

(forgot his name, DOH)'s beautiful '84 SE, less than 25,000 miles on it!:

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
Chevelle SS w/ a 396 ci:

A BMW Isetta (?) with a 502 ci:

The real reason why I came :

Plymouth Barracuda:

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
Ford GT, I want to see someone stick an engine from one of these into a Fiero!:

One sweet Camaro Z/28:

WTF is this!? It looks like a Ferrari, and its got a twin-turbo engine in the back!:

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
A 1963 Corvette "Grand Sport":

A real badass Camaro:

A twin-supercharged Chevrolet S10:

A '69 Camaro with a Turbocharged LS1 engine:

A fake, fiberglass replica AC Cobra:

And, a real AC Cobra!:

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
1968 Pontiac Firebird, the only "older" Firebird there, and possibly my favorite car out of the entire show:

[This message has been edited by Tinton (edited 02-19-2006).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
The Voodoo Spider:

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
My 2nd favorite car there, a '96 Corvette Grand Sport :

I'm going to go pick up my car tomorrow, and I probably won't be taking any more pictures. I missed Don Hulse's green '86 SE, I might go get a picture of that. We were supposed to have about 11 cars and only ended up with 5. At the last second World of Wheels cut 5 of our spots, I was originally cut, but Sandi and John Holcomb let me have their place (Thanks guys!) in the stock '88 GT slot. An Indy was supposed to show, but it had a blow-out coming down, and none of our "back-ups" were ready. So I'm not sure if we can still compete as a club? I think we needed 6 cars. Oh well, it was a great show and I'm glad I was able to show my car.

Skratch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkratchClick Here to visit Skratch's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkratchDirect Link to This Post
The red car you were asking about is a Pantera
PFF
System Bot
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

A 1963 Corvette "Grand Sport":

I never realized that '63 Vette fastback came with a non-split rear window. Didn't think they started that til '64. But with all the other mods on the car it may well have had a '64 or '65 roof section put on it. The last I heard the '63 split windows were commanding HIGH dollar as collectors... Got to drive one once when they were still new. Loved it. Thanks for all the great pics Tinton and for stirring up some memories.

Dave

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few more...

Craig Brown's Artero. Absolutely flawless.

And an interior pic. (The body paint kind of washed out in the pic.)

Don Hulse's Jaguar Green 86 SE.

And an interior shot.

Always on guard...

Continued...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-19-2006).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40846 posts
Member since Oct 1999
This is Ron Rizzi's spotless 84 SE. Only has 20-something K on the odo.
Craig's Artero is in the back.

And an interior shot of Ron's SE. Did I mention "spotless"?

Onle last pic of Ronnie's "Ghost Pegasus".

I took a few other pictures, but they were either too washed out, or out of focus, or too dark.
Probably because my camera batteries tanked. (Unfortunately, before I got any pics of the two ladies. )

Congrats to all of the participants for pulling this thing together on such short notice. We only had a couple of weeks to prepare.
Hopefully, the promoters (and the rest of the public) were pleased with what they saw and we will be invited back, with more slots available to us.

Also... I have been reading and hearing about some people who approaced us with other interesting Fiero info. I'm sure we'll hear more about that, later.
I believe that we recruited at least two additional members to the club, who didn't even know that we existed.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Praise the Lowered!
Read Nealz Nuze!

clintyrd skynyrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for clintyrd skynyrdSend a Private Message to clintyrd skynyrdDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a lot of beautiful cars there!! I'd love if you guys could send me all the hi-res Artero Photos you have. Looks like a wonderful machine. I'm building one up and I don't have that many pictures and have never seen one in person. Thanks!

------------------
86SE 130k Auto, soon to turn Artero
«:::C:::» «:::L:::» «:::I:::» «:::N:::» «:::T:::»

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Amazing pictures! What a great camera you have there.

I loved each and every shot! Wish I was there

Thanks for posting them an A+ to you my friend. Great work

------------------
Thank you,

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the World of Wheels. Wonderful turnout. I'm talking about the Georgia Fiero people. Thanks to all of you who jumped in and helped Joe with this event. I won't name you because with my memory, I'll surely forget someone. Thanks to those of you who showed your cars. Thanks to those of you who offered to show your cars. Thanks to those of you went to the trouble of prepping your cars and then weren't able to show. Thanks to all who helped with getting us in and out, and with manning the booth, and all those who worked in the background.

As has already been mentioned, we had 5 cars on display. The results were totally unexpected. Of the 5 cars, 5 of them won awards. YES!!!!!! FIVE AWARDS!!!!!!!
Don Hulse for his 86SE

Ron Fulcher for his 88GT-4.9

Jonathan (L) and Ron (R) Rizzi for their 84SE

Joe Goodman accepting for Nathan James's 88GT

Craig Brown for his Artero

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12874 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Though it was a madhouse leading up to the show, I have to say, they knew just where to put every vehicle.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

Congrats, everyone!

Edit - Who did the voting? The spectators? Or were there independent judges?

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys , we just got home about an hour ago. Thanks to ALL that pulled this together in such short notice. Especially Joe Goodman (NYJoe) and Charlie Sewell (Fierofool). They did most of the leg work for us. It sucked that we had our number bumped to 6. We had more really nice cars ready to show when they cut our number of partcipants. I'm sorry to all you guys and gals that didn't get to show. But I also thank you to all who made the decisions for the final number.
We had a great time and I think we made a good showing. We got alot of attention. Lots of pictures were taken.
Raydar , thanks for posting my "Pegasus" for me.Your picture turned out pretty good.
And , congratulations to everyone for their awards !!
(Edit) They had their own judges.We were classed in "1983-1996 conventional Sports Class"
I think Craig Brown was in "Full Sports Class"

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 02-19-2006).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2006 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Argh, I wish I was there for the award ceremony! I'm glad Joe was able to accept the award for me, he deserved an award himself for the great job he did over the past month coordinating this event. Even though we were cut to 6 cars, we got a very nice spot right in the middle of the floor by the concession stand, and on Saturday (I was there most of Saturday) it was packed! I just wish that I could have been there for the awards ceremony! But it could be worse, my car could have had a blowout on the way there like the Indy that was supposed to show. I didn't even know about the awards ceremony, and I thought there wasn't really "judging" and we would get a group award. Its amazing that all 5 cars got trophies though, I hope we can participate next year!
PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
good job every one. I was there only for a little bit on sat but It looked like a lot of people were looking at the cars.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
It's funny to see the cars that were just here at the Mpls WOW a couple of weeks ago! They had the Batmobile, the Voodoo, That orange car with the "skull" intake, a Ford GT (not sure if it's the same, I don't recall what color it was), and I'm sure a few more! Must be nice to be able to have the time & money to travel a full "show circuit" like that.

Originally posted by Raydar:

Don Hulse's Jaguar Green 86 SE.
https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/don1.jpg

Jaguar Green? Awww... who's stealing my color now, LOL!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Wow is all i can say !

Tinton your car looks amazing,.as did all the other fieros.

Joe Goodman (NYJoe) deserves all the + and praise he can get for coordinating the fiero participation in such a fine event.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
WTF is this!? It looks like a Ferrari, and its got a twin-turbo engine in the back!:

DeTomaso Pantera. Powered by Ford 351 V8 with ZF transaxle. I always liked these cars. http://www.panteracars.com/

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-20-2006).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Jaguar Green? Awww... who's stealing my color now, LOL!

Hmmm....

They are the same aren't they!

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Hmmm....

They are the same aren't they!

They could be... as of recent years, Jaguar has actually had 2 green colors. Traditional "British Racing Green" (which does not have any metallic to it), and "Jaguar Racing Green" (which does have the metallic).

BTW - I like that 2nd photo of my car... not sure if I've seen that exact one before!
Although after looking at it, that was prior to my new paint job - so at that time it was actually a custom-mixed GM Corvette Green (with gold metallic added)... still it's nearly the same shade in the end!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 02-21-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock