Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Work progressing on the 88 Junkyard Save (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Work progressing on the 88 Junkyard Save by Max The Chainsaw
Started on: 10-21-2005 10:06 PM
Replies: 92
Last post by: Max The Chainsaw on 11-23-2006 09:42 PM
Amethyst

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I know... but I still don't understand why we can't work on the interior of the car and get it done... I mean, there aren't any seats in it, the windshield needs replaced, we have the back glass for it... we could get the carpeting done, the door panels put together, the steering column replaced... the mp3 player in, the center console, the gauges, the sun roof, headliner, visers....etc. etc. etc... lol.. I don't know what I'm in such a hurry for... even though it's going to be my car, I probably won't get to drive it much... as a matter of fact, my daughter will be driving it when we repaint her car...

Although, it would be nice to have the covered concrete slab back for grilling and eating out, esp. on holidays like today... laugh... Max is more concerned about getting the other fiero out of the yard and disposed of... although we still haven't sold off most of the parts, like engine, transmission, etc...

I pretty much have a color chosen... the color I wanted, doesn't make a very good car color... or I should say it doesn't stand out very well... I wanted a purple/maroon color, and it just seems to be a dull muddy brown looking mess with no pizzazz... I've had dark purple, so I wanted something lighter, but I don't like a light purple... sigh... but I did find a very interesting and nice color... it's called Met. Laser Blue... it looks purple/cobalt blue, and when the sun hits it just right, it is a very nice shade of blue... so I'm leaning towards that... I've liked the cobalt blue... and this gives me a nice purple touch to it as well... now if they have that in a purple/pink - red mix... I'm right there... laugh...

Woo Hoo!! Ownage Page 2!!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amethyst (edited 05-29-2006).]

IP: Logged
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Max The Chainsaw:
Thank you, she wouldn't listen to the same thing coming from me!!!!

Max

Roflmao. Sorry I couldn't help myself. Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amethyst:

Woo Hoo!! Ownage Page 2!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I wanted page 2!!!!!!

Max
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Well I haven't been doing much on the 88 lately, but the wife sure has.....

Painted the emblems on the door pouches and map pocket. She is quite an artist and I think they look great!!

Most of my time lately has been devoted to parting out the rusted 85 GT, but I am getting pretty close to being done.

I have accumulated a few parts on this project:

If you see anything you can't live without, let me know. gotta raise some cash, wife just ordered Dietmar's!!!!!

Thanks

Max
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Is the drivers side coolant tube in decent condition?

Do you have a passenger side as well?
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Is the drivers side coolant tube in decent condition?

Do you have a passenger side as well?

Yes, I have both. The drivers side was good if I remember correctly. I think the pass side had a small dent. I'll have to get some pics tonight after work.

Thanks
Max
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I will wait for pics, I am interested. Can youlet me knwo how much for both shipped to 29420?

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
OK, pics of the coolant pipes:

Left pipe, has an area where there was rust in the coolant pipe clamp and a small dent toward the rear:

Rest of the left pipe:

Both pipes together:

Dent is rear part of the right pipe:

In order to calculate shipping I'm going to have to find a box they will fit in. Looks like it will need to be about 7 feet long. I'll see what I can find if you really want them. Shipping for a box that size is liable to get expensive.

Max
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2006 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2006 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
those wheels are off a 1996 baretta Trust me I know. I'm gonna do the same thing on my fiero with the wheels. want the hood scoop also.what color paint did ya use and where can I get it? does the color mach good?

------------------
88 coupe 4.9 Izusu 5-speed Rockcrawl chip. True duels.No A/C .KYB GR-2 on all 4 corners Built to run.

[This message has been edited by 2-tone (edited 06-12-2006).]

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2-tone:

those wheels are off a 1996 baretta Trust me I know. I'm gonna do the same thing on my fiero with the wheels. want the hood scoop also.what color paint did ya use and where can I get it? does the color mach good?

I have seen them on a Lumina mini van as well, but they could have been swapped as well. I got the paint from autozone. It was in the spray paint area, made for wheels. It's a metallic grey. It does have more metallic than the factory paint but I may paint the back part of the rims as well, since I have to refinish them anyway.

Thanks

Max
PFF
System Bot
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
It's not an exact match, but it looks pretty darn good... especially since the newly painted part is only in the center wheel... and Max, I like the color of the original wheel... so if it doesn't absolutely have to be repainted, I prefer that it not be.... But I may need to look at them again just to verify that... lol..

Oh I got so many new things coming for my car... I just got my steering wheel, I have window side scoops coming, Dietmar bottom skirts coming... still need to decide on side scoops... still need to pick out carpeting... trying to decide between black or grey.... depends on how we're doing the bottom door piece... either in the electric blue vinyl if we have enough, or the black vinyl... have to hold up my painted map pockets and see which one I like better... laugh...

I got so many pieces just waiting to be put together... white speedometer gauges, mp3 player, cup holders, dragon sun viser cd holders... still looking for decent seat covers in the dragon motif... seen a black and white one, seen the red/yellow black flame dragon one... still looking for just the right one... would like to change the exhaust tips I think, would like a different gear shift knob or maybe I can have it recovered in the electric blue vinyl... did pick up some neat dragon brake and gas pedals...

I'm just having a hard time visualizing all this put together... but it will start coming together as soon as we can get the kittens out of the garage... couple more weeks and they should be weaned... just need to find them good homes and get the momma fixed...

------------------

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Oh I got so many new things coming for my car... I just got my steering wheel, I have window side scoops coming, Dietmar bottom skirts coming... still need to decide on side scoops... still need to pick out carpeting... trying to decide between black or grey.... depends on how we're doing the bottom door piece... either in the electric blue vinyl if we have enough, or the black vinyl... have to hold up my painted map pockets and see which one I like better... laugh...

Not much happening on this car lately. At least the kittens have found a new home and I can go back to painting without worring about them. We have accumulated a few parts for this car:

Dietmar side panels and Fierostore window scoops, as well as all the stuff Amethyst mentioned. But now something else has moved in and took over my time. LOL Look for another thread......

Thanks

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Well, past time for an update.... She finally picked a color!!!! Which means I finally got to start spraying some paint.

Here is a pic of the intake manifold:

Valve covers to be painted to match, for some reason the clear turned milky on the valve covers, so I have to repaint them.

Now for the roof and rear clip:

The pictures make it look blue, but the color is actually PPG "Perfect Purple". I have limited room so I have to paint a few pieces at a time and then install them and then do a few more. My barn has no door on it so I am sure I'll get some dust in the paint, but i'ts the best I have right now. This color is really beautiful!!! Car should be able to make it to Fierorama 2007, so look for it then!!

Thanks for looking.

Max
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Gee whod'a guessed that it would be purple, didn't see that coming, yeah
right. Lookin' good. Keep up the good work Max.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
frantech87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frantech87Send a Private Message to frantech87Direct Link to This Post
Max,

Did Topcat ever take the coolant tubes he asked you about? If not are you going to Fierorama and could you bring at least the left one? I could pay you for it now if you want. Shipping this part is a PITA and I have been unable to find a good one locally.

Fran
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Gee whod'a guessed that it would be purple, didn't see that coming, yeah
right. Lookin' good. Keep up the good work Max.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

LOL yeah, it would be hard to picture her picking any other color. But she WAS considering 2006 Chevrolet Lazer Blue Metallic.

Thanks for the compliment.

Max
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by frantech87:

Max,

Did Topcat ever take the coolant tubes he asked you about? If not are you going to Fierorama and could you bring at least the left one? I could pay you for it now if you want. Shipping this part is a PITA and I have been unable to find a good one locally.

Fran

He took the pipes, they long gone. Sorry. And I won't be able to attend Fierorama this year, money all going into the 88 to get it done.

Max
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
Hey... that color matched my steering wheel... and you got the other Grant steering wheel that was blue I'd bought so live with it! laugh... You need to post pics of Sno'ball with his new steering wheel... it looks so good!!

Do you all know how many different shades of purple there are?????? Do you have any idea how long I've fretted over picking a color??? Or how many times I've been to the paint store to look at samples????

laugh.. now it's my daughters turn with blue!!!!! Maybe hers won't be quite so expensive....

------------------

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Do you all know how many different shades of purple there are?????? Do you have any idea how long I've fretted over picking a color??? Or how many times I've been to the paint store to look at samples????

Iv'e been in that position before, it's amazing how the slightest change in shade or tone alters how you feel about a color. Purple was such an obvious choice for you, that I couldn't resist having a little fun with it. I can't wait to see the finished product ( I'm sure you can't wait either ).

Joe
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
are you interested in selling the gt panels with windows?
PFF
System Bot
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

are you interested in selling the gt panels with windows?

Do you mean the window scoops? No, those are to be painted and put om this car. We just bought them ourselves.

Thanks anyway.

Max
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Iv'e been in that position before, it's amazing how the slightest change in shade or tone alters how you feel about a color. Purple was such an obvious choice for you, that I couldn't resist having a little fun with it. I can't wait to see the finished product ( I'm sure you can't wait either ).

Joe

LOL yeah, you should have seen the guy in the paint store. Everytime she showed up and looked over EVERY paint chip in the place he was like

I think he just about fell over when she finally picked a color after being there several times!!!

Max
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Joe

laugh... thank you Joe.... I agree... for example... I like the color red-violet (you know, that pinkish purple color) but for some reason it makes a horrendous car color!!! It just does not look good on cars!! In my opinion anyway.... The color I was looking for was a purple maroon color... but when I found it on a car it just wasn't what I thought it would be... it looks like a dirty brown and had no pizzazz!! Now this color on the other hand takes my breath away every time I see it!! Nope, I can't wait to see it either... I need to do some photoshopping... so I can decide if I want the window scoops the same color as the car, all black, or half and half... (leaning towards half/half) and the tail light section the same way...(have the ferrari type lights I guess, with the solid panel between the lights, leaning towards leaving it black I think... or not... laugh) I've pretty much decided the molding will be the same color and the car won't be two-toned with grey on the bottom, but the same color all over... Well we definetely won't be getting to Tsukiko's car to paint this year... this is taking a long time.... course I don't know why I expected it wouldn't... laugh...

------------------

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Now this color on the other hand takes my breath away every time I see it!! .................... Well we definetely won't be getting to Tsukiko's car to paint this year... this is taking a long time.... course I don't know why I expected it wouldn't... laugh...

Hey!!! I resemble thet remark!!! Sorry it's taking so loooooooong, At least I'm down to about 5 pieces left to paint....... and yes, this color is beautiful, too bad it photographs as blue (????) Maybe when the car is done and we can move it out into the open sun it might photograph properly. Here are some pics of the car in it's present state. If you look, you can see the actual color in the flash in a couple pictures. Once again, the car is not blue. LOL

Oh, yeah, call this a bump in the road....

And here is a couple pics of the Dietmar rocker panels going together, Fiero1fan was wondering how they were coming along, so these are for him.

Thanks

Max

[This message has been edited by Max The Chainsaw (edited 10-03-2006).]

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
You're supposed to post those over in the MALL section under Scoops, Skirts, etc... lol... that certainly does look blue in the pics, doesn't it? But it is most assuredly PURPLE!!! Love it.. love it, love it... laugh.. just tell them to check out the over spray on the flat surfaces in the garage for a better color idea!!

Now when you gonna get pics of Sno'ball's new steering wheel posted? lol..

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amethyst (edited 10-03-2006).]

slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

You're supposed to post those over in the MALL section under Scoops, Skirts, etc... lol... that certainly does look blue in the pics, doesn't it? But it is most assuredly PURPLE!!! Love it.. love it, love it... laugh.. just tell them to check out the over spray on the flat surfaces in the garage for a better color idea!!

Now when you gonna get pics of Sno'ball's new steering wheel posted? lol..

Hey!! I posted some pics in The Mall for you. And here they are for those reading this thread. LOL

And one you took of that ugly guy working on the engine valve cover leak....

Yea, car is shaping up. Got the remote start/keyless entry installed, got the last 3 parts primed, just waiting for a warmer day to paint em......... (You listening up there???? ) Started putting the front compartment back together and getting the interior stuff rounded back up.

Hope we can have it ready by Nov. 4!!!

Max
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000
Wow!! Was just looking at some of the orginal pics of this car:

Taken on 3-07-06 What a change in a few months!!!

Max
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
Well he sure looks better with a windshield and back window in him... now the layer of dust on it is gonna have to go as soon as we get it off the jack stands and driving... good thing he has to go right by the garden hose...lol... That's kinda sad... new paint job and you're gonna have to wash it!! I am so glad he's not red anymore... you know that was the first thing I said... Ohh yuck.. red??? lol...

Oh, the car is male, and his name is Armond (only cause I can't get the LR sound in there... lol darn Japanese language!) to be precise he's a black dragon... and it's a good thing he doesn't care what color the car is! laugh.. so I'm planning on dragon accents with a hood decal, but that won't be till the paint is cured and sanded so probably next Spring/Summer. Already got seat covers and new pedals with dragons on them... Still haven't decided if I'm taking Max's blue dragons floor mats or not... lol.. I'll have to see how they look...

And soon, I'll have to get Tsukiko to make me a new sig!!

------------------

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Guess it's time for an update. I DROVE IT THE OTHER DAY!!!! To the alignment shop and back. They couldn't align it till I did some more work. Had a right rear brake dragging bad. Also a shake and grinding noise in the rear.

Pulled it back in the carport and put her back on stands. Put her in the other way this time so I would have a different view...... LOL

The sticking brake was just a stuck caliper slide, all the calipers move freely. Ordered new pads and rotors, was quite surprised by the rotors, NAPA wanted less then 1/2 what Autozone wanted, and the NAPA rotors were made in USA. The shake and grinding turned out to be the right rear bearing hub assembly. This was the wheel that was hit so it's not surprising the hub was bent and bearing damaged. Put on a good used hub from my stash and installed the rotors. Pads are still on order yet so it will probably be early next week before I can head it to the alignment shop again.

Interior is 90% done, just a few items left to do. Right now I'm waiting on the paint to dry on the ash tray doors so I can reinstall the surround and put in her lighted shift knob.

Well, on to the pics:

The taillights I made to fit in the car. Anyone guess what these lights came out of? Great fame and a + goes to the first to figure it out!!!

So, what ya think? At least she likes it. In the spring we plan to buff out the paint and stripe it (She gets kinda wild with stripes, so be forewarned.......)

Thanks for looking.

Max

[This message has been edited by Max The Chainsaw (edited 11-10-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
I know what the tail lights came out of...snicker...do I get a plus? I'm guessing it photographs blue because that's what reflects in the flash instead of the red... Steering wheel even does it... go figure!! Oh, btw... she is a HE! just like Sno'ball and Tyre are he's... Kuro Neko on the other hand is a she... and yep, I'm going crazy with the decals... can't wait... lol..

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amethyst (edited 11-10-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I have seen both posts. Thanks for the pix. Coming along nicely.
JCL86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCL86GTClick Here to visit JCL86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to JCL86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Max The Chainsaw:

Small Update, Hood is almost ready for finishing. Vent looks pretty good. I used aluminum pieces to hold the vent open and glassed them in place. I think it will be better than using wood as so many have in the past. At least aluminum won't draw moisture and rot out and crack the glass.

Could you flip the hood over and show some pics of what the underside looks like?
THANKS!!!
JOhn ><>

Ooops, I didn't read to the end of the thread, looks like I am too late. Thanks anyway
JOhn ><>

[This message has been edited by JCL86GT (edited 11-10-2006).]

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCL86GT:

Could you flip the hood over and show some pics of what the underside looks like?
THANKS!!!
JOhn ><>

Ooops, I didn't read to the end of the thread, looks like I am too late. Thanks anyway
JOhn ><>

No problem.... I can show you what it looks like now though.

Max
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Max,

Just an amazing job you have done with that car,..looks fantastic.
Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Max: Like the hood scoop. I put a set of 79 TA fender vents on mine and liked them so well put a second set on my son's 86 SE. I used SMC fuser which is a 2 part epoxy that takes a double caulking gun. Has a 40 minute working time unless you put some heat to it. Sands easy, no shrinkage later and bonds to the smc. Heck I can pick my hood up by one of the vents... it is that strong! You can repair corners, edges anthing damaged with it too.

Like your color. I'm going to be doing some painting myself soon could use some tips on mixing drop me a line.

Mike
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
They told us at the paint store (Omni Kolor) how to mix the paint/primer/clear, and gave us graduated measured cups in order to do the measuring. So that part was pretty straight forward.... lol.. I'm sure Max will get back with you on it when he gets time to read on the forum again...

To everyone else, I apologize for how dirty the car is, it will eventually get washed... just so we can see out the windshield in order to drive it... lol... which should be soon... brake pads are on their way and everything else is pretty much done... if it drives ok, I can take it in to be aligned anytime... woo hoo... so maybe this next week!! It has been a long time... now I have to wait to get the decals for it until after it has been sanded/polished which won't be till next year... sigh... but I do have them picked out already... lol..

laugh, I just noticed, with the dirt on the car, you can actually see that it's purple instead of blue!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amethyst (edited 11-11-2006).]

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Max,

Just an amazing job you have done with that car,..looks fantastic.

Thanks, Means a lot!!

Max
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by Mike Murphy:

Max: Like the hood scoop. I put a set of 79 TA fender vents on mine and liked them so well put a second set on my son's 86 SE. I used SMC fuser which is a 2 part epoxy that takes a double caulking gun. Has a 40 minute working time unless you put some heat to it. Sands easy, no shrinkage later and bonds to the smc. Heck I can pick my hood up by one of the vents... it is that strong! You can repair corners, edges anthing damaged with it too.

Like your color. I'm going to be doing some painting myself soon could use some tips on mixing drop me a line.

Mike

Yeah, I found 1 of those vents in the local yerd and been looking for more. Thinking about putting them on the son's car. Heck, if I can find a set, I may just put them on an extra hood and make me a mold of em. They look so good!!!

I'm gonna have to get me some of that fuser!!!!

Like the wife said, when you buy paint, most paint stores will tell you how to mix, and ours gave us some mixing cups that are marked with ounces so it makes it pretty easy. I just wish I had a better place to shoot the paint in. My shed has no door so it was wide open and I got a lot of dust in the paint, not to mention the occasional bug I had to remove and touch up..... Gonna have to smooth and buff in the spring.

Max
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock