Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Work progressing on the 88 Junkyard Save (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Work progressing on the 88 Junkyard Save by Max The Chainsaw
Started on: 10-21-2005 10:06 PM
Replies: 92
Last post by: Max The Chainsaw on 11-23-2006 09:42 PM
Max The Chainsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Update time. The brake pads came in today. Got them put on and we drove the car to my workplace for a badly needed bath. ( I work in a truck shop and we have vehicle washing equipment that normal car washes only dream of. )

The reason the brake pads took awhile is because I'm a cheapskate. Went to Autozone.com and found the part number for the pads, then entered that into Google, and lo and behold 2 E-bay auctions came up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-50-Spectra-One-MKD378-Rear-Disc-Brake-Pads-NR_W0QQit emZ170045872476QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Won both auctions and got to split the shipping. Here is a pic of the items I won, $.99 per set.

Like I said, I'm a cheapskate, but the pads are semi metallic, top grade, made by Bendix. Nothing to complain about.

Oh yeah, and after owning it just over a year, the wife finally got to drive it on the way back from the shop.

Have a great day.

Max

Edit: Page 3... all mine!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA
------------------

[This message has been edited by Max The Chainsaw (edited 11-13-2006).]

IP: Logged
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
All right, just figured you all were tired of pictures of this car under the carport, sooooooo. Here are some shots of it in the driveway, just to prove it does drive!!!

Oh yeah, and no one even ventured a guess as to what the taillights came out of?

Max

Edit, my typing sucks......

[This message has been edited by Max The Chainsaw (edited 11-17-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Really nice. Congrats Max and Amethyst on the first drive.
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
laugh... I got 50 miles on it already!! Hey, we only took it to Sears to get it aligned... twice... well, once to align it, once for me to go back and put in an application... couple of times to Office Max where my daughter works... too bad all three days I've driven it, it has rained... guess I know how the tires do on wet pavement now... lol... Since it's been raining, I took out my new carpeted floor mats and put rubber ones in... probably a good thing so I didn't have to wash them... It's almost done, Max had some sewing to do on the head liner... and adjusting the headlights... course got to wait till next year to buff/polish the paint job... then I can put decals on!! Woo Hoo... got most of them picked out already... grin...

Still don't understand why that photographs blue... cause it's really purple!! Steering wheel is the same color... and it does the same thing!! Now I need to get my sig changed... woot!!

------------------

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Hi Am & Max; The car is looking great.

Joe
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Hey, hey, hey, finally a sunny day!!!

Wife took some pics of her car today, and they didn't come out Blue!!! So, I thought I'd put em up here so you can all see the REAL color of this car.

Car looks so good al the neighborhood cats had to get a closer look

And the inside....

Max
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Well Max, you've outdone yourself. I've followed the thread since day 1, and the transformation in the car is amazing. Kudos to you for rescuing an 88 GT and bringing it back to life.

Happy cruising....

PS....color choice was perfect.
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Well Max, you've outdone yourself. I've followed the thread since day 1, and the transformation in the car is amazing. Kudos to you for rescuing an 88 GT and bringing it back to life.

Happy cruising....

Thanks!! It does bring a certain sense of accomplishment, and the wife loves her car, which in itself makes me feel good as well.

Max
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
all i can say is... WOW! you did a wonderful job on the car. Ok i guess i'll be the first one to look like a moron... those lights look like they came off of a tractor trailer... well the trailer part anyway.

~Dave~
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Yep... Perfect Purple!! It matched the steering wheel!! Yeah, I know, there should be other requisites to color choice... but hey... there are a lot of choices for purple, and I know... I went over every one of them... more than once... laugh...

Thanks all for the good comments... oh and very good guess Finally!! Now I really have to get my daughter to do me another sig!! lol

------------------

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

all i can say is... WOW! you did a wonderful job on the car. Ok i guess i'll be the first one to look like a moron... those lights look like they came off of a tractor trailer... well the trailer part anyway.

~Dave~

Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a winner!!!! Yes, they are Semi-Trailer taillights. Sealed units with a sealed wire harness that plugs in and a rubber grommet they just slide into. Someday when I get some money I may buy a set of the LED versions, all I have to do is pull them out and plug in the new ones.

Glad you like the car, it has been a real budget driven project and I'm glad it came out so well.

Max
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
WoHoo i won i won.... oh wait... what did i win again? lol.. still a great car.
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

WoHoo i won i won.... oh wait... what did i win again? lol.. still a great car.

You won a +, as soon as you get 50 of them you get a pretty ratings bar!!!

Max
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock