Started on: 09-13-2006 02:47 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 09-17-2006 01:17 PM
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Finally got some time to 'fix' my lights (see: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20060811-1-052898.html )

Changes made to this set:

1) Removed the PONTIAC.
2) reworked the original file a bit on how the 'dot' lined up. LZeitgeist has a copy of this new layout that I sent him some time ago, so I am not sure if he actually got around to trying out it to see how it all lines up. I used a different method this go around as expalined next.
3) I used a 'negative' mask this time and painted the lens (eliminated any gaps as not all lens are painted the same from the factory) black, then removed all the 'dots' to leave the clear areas.
4) I also color painted to outer lens this time as well (gives a darker look to the lens).

I used my orignal set of the inner lens.

...ack - burnt out brake bulb

BTW: visit the mall, selling my original set

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 09-13-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
...no interest this time around? Good thing I didn't go through with getting extra sets made up
Deabionni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe I didn't see this thread a few days ago.

Your notchback taillights are the best I've seen on here, and you've managed to improve on your originals? Great work! They look real nice.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Hey there... that looks terrific.

I never got around to being able to do anything with the inserts you sent to me... when I got them, I'd actually got to thinking that using the dots as a mask and painting might be a better idea, but I'd planned to do what I could with what you sent 'cuz they look terrific. Never got around to researching what I'd have to do to rework the light sections and add the amber...

Back in November, I was researching mortgages and homes; in December, I was buying one; in January, I was doing walkthroughs and closing on one; in February I was moving; in March - July I was barely surviving the end of the cohabitational relationship I had been in for the previous 2-1/2 years and trying to make the house I'd bought for the two of us feel like a home for myself; in August I was finally leveling out and enjoying life again... not making excuses or anything, just letting you know why I've been such a slack-a$$ with the terrific inserts you sent.

I'm really not sure I'll actually be doing anything with them, to be honest... just have too many other things on my plate and too many other areas of existence needing money and time, including debts to a couple friends I've been letting float on their good graces for far too long as it is... I'll be glad to return them to you if you would like me to. I had good intentions for them when I first received them... sorry 'bout that.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here* (click for pics)

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 09-16-2006).]

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
what are you useing a vinyl mask than painting the mask ? looks good and may be intrested myself

------------------

86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
What kind of dash do you have in your car?
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

What kind of dash do you have in your car?

Looks like a 4th generation(1993-2002) Pontiac Firebird dash. Search for "firebird dash" here on the forum and it will pull up a lot of results if you are further interested.

~josh~
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

what are you useing a vinyl mask than painting the mask ? looks good and may be intrested myself

This time around, I just used the dots as a mask and painted the whole unit. The first time I just used the mask and no paint (well I had to touch up area with some paint that the mask did not cover). I also added color transparent paint to the red and amber areas (in addition to the inner lens color). Made them look a bit darker over all.

Yes, it's a 4th gen Firebird dash.

I coulds still provide the vinyl mask made up if anyone wishes - it will be up to you which method you want to do (stick the mask on, or stick the dots on and paint). If you are serious about obtaining a set let me know - probably be about $50 (+ your choice of shipping) for the vinyl and some transfer tape. I will also see about throwing together some instructions for changing the tail lights electrical over to add the amber turn signal (or you just leave them all red).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock