Started on: 11-26-2006 01:41 AM
Replies: 104
Last post by: 2M4 Dale on 01-14-2007 07:34 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Heres a shot of last nites sunset here in Columbus
IP: Logged
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Why is there a Zero degree's? Even though it means nothing to me here in SWFL. Sunny and warm here.
Gary
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Winter? Let's see now; it was rainy today so it only made it up to 60 degrees F.

I used to live in snow country; moved to CA about 10 years ago and haven't looked back...
86Gold2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86Gold2M6Send a Private Message to 86Gold2M6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Whuffo:

Winter? Let's see now; it was rainy today so it only made it up to 60 degrees F.

60 degrees!!!!
I haven't seen that in months, our high today was 29 degrees F and the rest of the week is supposed to be colder.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Man, Im glad im not in calif..........drove around today in the vette with the top down....65*

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Today's Houston forecast:

Tuesday:
Showers early with partial clearing by the afternoon. Warm. High 81F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

A couple more opportunities to drive t-topless before the cold weather gets here.
gladstonefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gladstonefieroSend a Private Message to gladstonefieroDirect Link to This Post
It supposed to 70 in Kansas City today, so it'll probably be the last t-top off day in the camaro. However, we already have a winter weather advisory for tomorrow night so maybe the fiero will finally see snow/ ice duty.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Last week was very crude winter type (like January) with low 40s at night. This week everything back to normal. This is my current window view today

Palm Beach FL

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
...sissies...

-32C (-24F) this morning, the car didn't like starting too much - next time I will have to plug the block heaters in.
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
i parked my celica for the wet season, and pulled out the fiero...not cause i want to protect the celica, cause i don't give a crap about that car, but cause i feel safer, and more in control of my rear drive fiero. so far it has only been wet on the ground once this season, but that will be changing round about Christmas or shortly thereafter. last year it was 80* on Christmas day, and no show anywhere near by, which sucked. it is our tradition to go up in to the mountains and play in the snow on that day to get out of the heat. snow at my house is just a dream, and will likely never happen.

it is cooling down lately, but i expect a high of 70-75 this afternoon.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 148,000 miles! decklid window, silver guages. rear ended someone, and now the rebuilding starts! More pics of my 87 GT can be found here
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 auto, 222K miles and counting <-my first car, and i still cant get rid of her!
2002 Toyota Celica GT, 5-speed, 47K miles <-FOR SALE!
A 4 year olds knowledge of science: No matter how much jello you put into a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

mountainman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mountainmanSend a Private Message to mountainmanDirect Link to This Post
Well it's 22 below zero tonight (f). Oh and the wind is blowing about 10 mph. Baby its cold outside.
JM
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mountain man:

Well it's 22 below zero tonight (f). Oh and the wind is blowing about 10 mph. Baby its cold outside.
JM

Doesn't your suspension start to freeze up bind at those kind of temperatures. It just brings chills up my spine. The weather report day for northern BC has temps dropping to -40, 40 below zero is the same in F or C so it DAMN cold. I would star thinking about running a plug from the block heater to a space heater and leave it inside the car running overnight just to keep the interior from being frozen in the morning. No worry of overheating as most electric space heaters have thermal controls that you can set to turn them off when the interior gets to a certain point.

We are expecting, snow, ice, freezing rain/sleet, and just about everything else Mother nature can throw at us tomorrow night. The weather suggested going home from work before dark or calling in sick as the roads are not suppose to be passable by regular car with street tires tomorrow. (I have snow tires, but I don't think I am even going to go out driving) The Freezing rain will be the worst of it. YUKE

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mountainman:
JM

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:
The weather report day for northern BC has temps dropping to -40, 40 below zero is the same in F or C so it DAMN cold.

Did hell freeze over? Jeeze!

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:
...sissies...

heh....I resemble that remark. Hey, I was born in England. I have lived in Montana. I have lived in Delaware. I have worked in Wyoming during the winter (outside). I am cold here when my wife has the air conditioning on.
You guys stay warm. I know you prepare for it but I wouldn't want to be 'ya.
Damn!
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
we had an ice storm sunday night, and then monday it was like 50, tue. it was low 30's

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
02 Jetta 1.8t
98 GTI 2.slow
02 CBR 954RR

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 11-29-2006).]

mountainman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mountainmanSend a Private Message to mountainmanDirect Link to This Post
Capt Fiero, yeah the shocks get to the point where they don't work very well. Tires get stiff as heck, so every thing rides rough. But if its going to -40 at your location you already knew all that. If you get freezing rain on top of what you already have you guys are in for some tough times. Might be a good time to invest in a generator. Your storm is going to be here on Thursday. Good Luck, stay warm. John Murphy.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mountainman:

Capt Fiero, yeah the shocks get to the point where they don't work very well. Tires get stiff as heck, so every thing rides rough. But if its going to -40 at your location you already knew all that. If you get freezing rain on top of what you already have you guys are in for some tough times. Might be a good time to invest in a generator. Your storm is going to be here on Thursday. Good Luck, stay warm. John Murphy.

The minus 40 is northern BC I live in southern BC. Its only suppose to be -14 with windchill down to -30 or so. The ice storm that "we" southern BC is suppose to get is scaring the hell out of me. I grew up in a town that had freezing rain every year. It isn't pretty. BC does not get enough of them for the general population to understand STAY HOME.

Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
Here is Rainman's winter. Cincinnati, Ohio at 6:35pm today:

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Tomorrow promises to be interesting:

Thursday
Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Breezy. Cooler. Morning temperatures in the Low 70s, falling into the 30s in the afternoon. Southwest winds 15 mph in the morning, shifting northwest at 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 60 percent.
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
# Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy skies with a few scattered showers. High 79F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
# Tomorrow night: Partly to mostly cloudy. Low 63F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
# Friday: Mostly cloudy in the morning. Isolated thunderstorms may develop later in the day. Warm. High around 80F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Looks like I'll be decorating the palm tree again this year for Christmas.

------------------

When I change the way I look at things,
the things I look at change.

The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKDirect Link to This Post
Its somewhere in the 70s here
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:
...sissies...

Not fair.
Someone may fight the world champion. Just because they are losers doesn't mean they are sissies.
Heck, your gift from Canada just got here. Thank you not.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The ROK:
Its somewhere in the 70s here

You must be on the eastern edge of hell freezing over.

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Well atleast your guys' place can make up its mind, it was about 37 when I woke up, and we have had a bout 1.5 inches of rain. By the time I get out of school at 6pm it will be about 31 degrees, and I cannot wait for the bumper car action on my way home

Once again I will say it...I hate Michigan!

I hate winter but if it has to be here I want some fluffy snow, or I want 85 degree sunshine!
The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKDirect Link to This Post
lol. 2 weeks ago it was freezing. Last week it warmed up a little. Now its been cloudy, drizzling and hot. How is hot and rainy at the same time????
befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

heh....I resemble that remark. Hey, I was born in England. I have lived in Montana. I have lived in Delaware. I have worked in Wyoming during the winter (outside). I am cold here when my wife has the air conditioning on.
You guys stay warm. I know you prepare for it but I wouldn't want to be 'ya.
Damn!

Hey, I was born in England too, and I live just alittle further north of Mickey_Moose. I too forgot to plug my truck in that night, it started OK, but I let it warm up for 10 minutes, the tranny was making some neat noises, I guess the fluid was alittle thick. Its warm now, only -12ºC, (10ºf), and I am walking around with my coat unzipped, and no gloves on. Yesterday was chilly, with windchills in the -40's, the high was only -23ºC before the wind. Glad I am not dirving my Fiero, it had poor heat when it was -5ºC, and no block heater. I have gotten my truck stuck 2 times now, but with a few minutes of rocking back and forward, I got out.

[This message has been edited by befarrer (edited 11-30-2006).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
My sister is in Dallas and she called yesterday to say it was 80*, but last nite was supposed to drop to 20s* with 1/2 inch of ice. She works for E. Systems and they told her they would be closed today.
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
Mid 60's here no snow yet... strange for CNY....
I almost drove the car to work today...
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
You guys out west (CAN) sure got a rough head start...
So far so good for Montreal, Quebec. However it's all down hill from here…

Hear is some meteorological terminology 101 for you southern folks
we got about 10 kinds of precipitation

Finally got the Fiero rust-proofed and ready for the mountains of snow Grrrrrr.
Sure hope to make it in one peace through this winter

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 11-30-2006).]

green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
It does snow in north Texas some times had to drive a little north(bowie) but here ya go.
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
It may not look like much in these shots, but there's a good 1/2 inch of ice sheeting in this corner of Iowa with some strong winds and a wind chill below zero. What happened to my car cover??

My Fiero

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 11-30-2006).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2006 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
We started to dig FieroChicks car out as according to the weatherman we have a break in this stuff. Temps are suppose to be above freezing for at least the next week or so. We are even suppose to hit a high of 6C. (about 41F) Dang its going to be T-Shirt weather again.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

PFF
System Bot
befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Still well below -10ºC here, I think it is about -22ºC here right now. Truck is staying very clean though, too cold for snow to stick to the vehicle and for any melting to happen, so it has been clean for 2 weeks!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotDirect Link to This Post

Need I say more?
RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
We went from low 60s to the high 20s in 24hrs here, but at least we dodged the snow bullet that dumped on IL and MO. Hope everyone there is OK. I heard 1.4 million without power in that area in teen temperatures.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd

[This message has been edited by RickN (edited 12-02-2006).]

88gtNewb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88gtNewbClick Here to visit 88gtNewb's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88gtNewbDirect Link to This Post

She's hibernating, haha.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
damn I hate winter ... it's getting down into the 50's tonight ....
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post
its 12 degrees out here. i just went ice drifting in our local walmart parking lot in my 928 at 2 am. wow im cool :P

ps. watch out Nopi !
pps. im a drifting machine.
ppps did i mention its 2:56am and im overwhelmed with energy?

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro
71 Porsche 911 T Targa * will trade for Bell X1 *
82' Benz 300SD turbo . *for sale*
87' Fiero Cp. candy blue, Chrome 16"s, *will sale*

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Well, just north of Montreal, Quebec today… 5*C any beautiful sunshine…
Unbelievable ! (in the picture are some side roads I took, normal roads are snow clear)

Roads are still damp and salty Grrrrrrr… Gotta wash it again tomorrow.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 01-03-2007).]

JCL86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCL86GTClick Here to visit JCL86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to JCL86GTDirect Link to This Post
Gonna have to mow the lawn this week.

Wierd winter, it should be highs in the 20's NOT 50's, should even have 12" - 18" of ice on the lakes for ice fishing 'n racing. Glad I closed up my bait n tackle shop this spring. On a normal winter, I would pull in $30 - $50 thousand over Dec - Feb. This year would have been $1200.00 so far

JOhn ><>

------------------
86 GT 2.8L Auto
My humble web site - Click Here

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery