Started on: 11-26-2006 01:41 AM
Replies: 104
Last post by: 2M4 Dale on 01-14-2007 07:34 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
been crazy in VA thus far, was 62 today! Was driving with the windows and sun roof open.
IP: Logged
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
We were doing good for a bit. Then mother nature decided to give us a kick to the groin

1st A wind storm with gusts to 60mph taking down trees all over the place, smashing overhead power lines.
2nd Rain storm
3rd Hail
4th Freezing rain
5th Snow about 6"s so far.

All this in less than 24hrs.

So we have ice on the ground under the snow because the rain froze as it was coming down. (see my thread on Fiero and Tree.) No it did not land on me or the car.

Well this is what we woke up to this am. At midnight the ground was just wet.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 01-10-2007).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
"Winter" is my brief opportunity to clean out & reorganize the garage. Otherwise, it's just too dang HOT to go out there. The last two years I had too much going on to have the time for it, so it got REALLY cluttered. I am almost done now tho. I'll have pics when finished.

I had to pull a bunch of stuff out to the back patio for a while, including some Fiero posters and framed car stuff. Well, some meter reader or neighbor or somebody STOLE one of the pictures but left the frame & glass!!! Problem is, I don't remember which one it was. When I'm done and I put them up on the walls, maybe I will be able to tell what it was.

Winter is also our only chance to clean out the attic. This year I am taking out everything except Christmas decorations. Our attic has plenty of room, but it's just too much trouble getting in & out to be worth going up there for anything else. We are blessed with fairly good amounts of storage space.

Y'all think about coming down here for the Ruckus this October. Some of us in Lone Star Fieros are looking at various things to do around Galveston.

------------------
Look me up at the
25th anniversary.
July 24-27, 2008

------------------

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
We are just finishing a blizzard. Got an unknown ammount of snow last night (they forcasted 20CM, but seems like more), along with wind gusts up to 70KM/h which equals big drifts. My parents have a drift that is over 6ft high. Here in town inst as bad, but my truck is pusing snow everywhere. Today the temp is supposed to go down to -19, with temps in the -30s for a low tonight. and tomorrow, along with 20-50KM/h winds. No tow trucks are allowed out becasue it is too dangerous, so if you get stuck, you are there for a few days.

------------------

84 Fiero Sport Coupe #1192 :: 86 Fiero Base Coupe Quad 4 HO :: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD Club Cab Long Box 5.2L Auto

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
We finally got our first snow of the season. Think it was .3 inches. It was gone by lunchtime.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
70 degrees here the last couple of days. But tomorrow it's supposed to get coooooold. Might not make 50 during the day, and get into the low 20s at night.

OK, I know, that's not cold for you midwest guys, but for us it's brrrrrr nippy.
Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
Here in southern Sweden we haven't had any snow at all this winter. It's raining all the time, about 5-10 millimeters a day and right now we have a hurricane alert.
The temp has been around 45-50F since november, normally it should be about 5-10F right now.

The good thing: No salt on the roads = 2 years added to the daily driver
The bad thing: Can't jam my colleagues face full of snow
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
We've been enjoying the warm winter so far in NE but it's kind of scary in a way when you see Cherry Trees blossoming now when they shouldn't until late April

We've also seen some forsythia and rhodies starting to bloom as well. I hope this doesn't damage them when we do finally get a cold snap! Anyway, my 88GT is still getting plenty of road use in this nice weather
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
My car is now stuck in a snow bank. Snow is so deep that I had to push it with the door to get the door open. High centered to the point the rear wheels are not even touching the ground.

I will try and take some pics but it is dark outside and my camera does not take good night shots.

We are heading out to attempt to dig it out.

The snow in our front yard is knee deep.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
very very dry! no real snow as of yet and none in the forcast for me!
no parking lot donuts yet!
befarrer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Well the snow stopped now. But it is still deep. The snow in my front yard is hip deep. My truck is pushing snow, and the doors hit some of the snow when they open. The highways are total crap. The intersections here in town are near impossible to stop and accelerate. It takes me at least 30 seconds to go through an intersection after waiting at a red light. 2 snowploughs are even in the ditch around town here, lol. There is a drift infront of my parents garage that is the same height as the handle to open the door. The rest of their yard is at least 1.5 feet deep or deeper. And I have to shovel all that snow out to get my Fiero out, to swap it for a different one I am working on, and the snow is only 4 feet deep there!!! I should get some pics. The low tonight is a brisk -29ºC!!
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Although not nearly as deep as you say. The stuff here is the typical West Coast Snow. Wet enough that it is like driving in.... ah hell I can't think of an example.

But I tried to make it down my street to get home. When you have snow deep enough that your car is sinking into it so you have a hard time opening the doors. 4 of us tried to rock the car back and fourth but it was stuck solid, the rear tires were just floating as the car was high centered in the snow.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoDirect Link to This Post

Dave, I will bring these tractor treads to the meeting on Saturday!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Now thats a great idea a Fiero on tractor treads. Hmm just have to find a way to make the font ones driven, or put ski's on the front end.

You gonna make it to the meeting on Saturday even if it snows more? This will be a neat meeting. Fiero's in the snow.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
they made those for a toyota tacoma prototype... i wonder how hard they would be to make.... hmmm... not a bad idea. anybody know where i could get the plans from toyota for personal use?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
Warm in NY.
furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero before and after...

------------------

[This message has been edited by furious_fiero (edited 01-11-2007).]

GT-maniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-maniacSend a Private Message to GT-maniacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Although not nearly as deep as you say. The stuff here is the typical West Coast Snow. Wet enough that it is like driving in.... ah hell I can't think of an example.

But I tried to make it down my street to get home. When you have snow deep enough that your car is sinking into it so you have a hard time opening the doors. 4 of us tried to rock the car back and fourth but it was stuck solid, the rear tires were just floating as the car was high centered in the snow.

Sounds like the snow we had here in December when it was just below freezing. We were really dumped on then. We were almost to point on the side roads where the car was floating on top. Fortunately I have deep lug snow tires on and I can just churn through it like a tank. Too bad all our low end torque is more hindrance than help in the white stuff.
Can't wait to see what nature throws at you guys next. ( says an ex pat from Victoria ...)

------------------

85 WS6 GT partly modified
87 GT Loaded resto project

Member Edmonton Fiero Owners Group

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Ummm, I live near Pikes Peak Colorado at about 7300 feet elevation. Need I say more?

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 01-11-2007).]

befarrer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
We had a blizzard on tuedsay night through wednsday afternoon. Got about 15-20CM of snow, but wind gusts up to 70KM/h. Then, on wednsday afternoon, the temperature dropped, tuesday morning was -6ºC, and Wednsday evening, I was reading -22ºC, and this morning it was -29ºC, but the local weather station was reading -43ºC. But it is sunny :thumbleft:

Here are some pics, it didnt drift too badly here:

The orange bag in the right side of the above pic, infront of the window is sitting ontop of a bird bath.

There is a sidewalk going to my front door, but I havent shoveled it in the last month, I had to go to the door today to get a plugin, and the snow was almost at my hips on the sidewalk, and the path I shoveled is about 4 feet deep in the snow. I am about 90KM north of Edmonton, and before this last snowstorm, we had about 2X the snow of Edmonton or more, or atleast in St. Albert, the snow in the ditches of the highways was noticalby lower, near Westlock now, the snow in the ditches is higher than the highways in some spots, makes it hard to go into the ditch, you just bounce off.

[This message has been edited by befarrer (edited 01-11-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Dave, I will bring these tractor treads to the meeting on Saturday!

um ... there on backwards

------------------

COMING SOON: 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip , polished crank
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

befarrer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

um ... there on backwards

Done any burnouts? how does it corner, I bet the steering is stiff when doing the parking lot manuvers.
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
This morning was the first time since mid-october that we've had snow on the ground here. I had to celebrate by going over to the local junior high school and doing a couple figure 8's
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Winter here in North Central Ohio has been nothing but rain, rain and more rain !!! The mild temps have been nice but if I wanted to live in Seattle I would move there

I spent the last year building myself a street legal snow buggy (85 Mitsubishi Montero) and I have yet had the chance to go out and play !!!

------------------

Proud Member, Classic Fiero Owners Group - International
www.cfogi.org

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay