Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  April 28, 29, 2007 NY Fiero Watkins glen--WHOSE Comming (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
April 28, 29, 2007 NY Fiero Watkins glen--WHOSE Comming by ACSCAR
Started on: 03-06-2007 10:27 PM
Replies: 174
Last post by: 86_IRM_TURBO on 05-14-2007 10:45 PM
FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Someone PLEASE video themselves going around the track?
THis is a good setup:
(see tripod pics)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064859.html

I tried doing this last year, but it slipped down at the last second, and I ended up getting a video of "Watkins Glenn as seen through the eyes of a four year old sitting in the passenger side seat"

Have fun!

What?! You'll be able to take it yourself if you come to Watkins Glen.

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black
87 GT Med. Red over Silver

IP: Logged
Firefighter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Chris (FieroRumor), we will miss you this year. But I will not miss the caravan with you and John (Avengador) traveling to Watkins Glen. Last year I refused to keep pace with you two Lamans wantobees and had to drive at over 100 mph to catch up to you on more than one occassion. We were lucky we did not spend the night in jail. Do you know how much gas a turbocharged engine uses at that speed. At current gas prices I would have to declare bankruptcy. Without you there, I will have a better chance to win the 50/50. Ed

------------------

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
That was a fun ride out there, I only took it up to about 120 for a short burst, but we kept it closer to 80 for most of the trip. If I didn't have fuel problems the next day it would have been even better. I had a couple of pucker moments on my way home with the engine shutting down very time I hit a big bump in the road. My car has been fixed since then and I even had a chance to take it for a spirited short drive yesterday. I even got it to fishtail the rear taking a hard right turn in second gear, but I was prepared for this and had it under control pretty easily. I think I might switch the craddle bushings out for some solid ones if I get a chance this year. I hope you all have a great time at the Glen as I won't be there this year, but I will see some of you at Carlisle this year.
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Hey AC I & II and Vin - Were you guys successful this year in arranging for us to enter the track as a group? Last year was great with the Fiero gang on the track together and being set up with the other two groups; Corvettes and Porsches behind the staging area.
Yes, yes ???????????? Ed
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefighter:

Hey AC I & II and Vin - Were you guys successful this year in arranging for us to enter the track as a group? Last year was great with the Fiero gang on the track together and being set up with the other two groups; Corvettes and Porsches behind the staging area.
Yes, yes ???????????? Ed

Last year I believe WGI staff made that descision based on how many cars were in your group. I don't remember how many cars were needed, but I'm fairly certain we're on par with last year's attendance even without John and Chris. That is, as long as it stops snowing by then.

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Has anybody decided on a spot for the show on Sat?

Anybody from the buffalo/rochester area or coming from canada want to caravan in on sun?

[This message has been edited by 85_Fiero_2M4 (edited 04-16-2007).]

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pretty good view of Harbor Park on Google Maps

That is where the show will be Sunday morning. Saturday's activities will be the wine tour (we will meet at Wal Mart for to start) and a get together for dinner. More info is on the website's Schedule page.

Later,

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black

85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Does anybody have an address for Chef's Diner? I cant find one anywhere, not even on their website. I want to meet you guys there for breakfast, but I don't know where it is LOL.
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85_Fiero_2M4:

Does anybody have an address for Chef's Diner?

Chef's is on Route 14, between Montour Falls & Watkins Glen. It is located on west side of the highway. Not to worry, the 2 villages are only separated by about 4 miles. Just look for all of the Fiero's in the parking lot. There are usually several parked facing the main road and readily visible.
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
It between watkins glen and Montour Falls on rt14 when you leave watkins going south I believe lol have to double check my directions lol its about 3 miles on the left. I will look at my direction and post some here later.
85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Sounds good!
PFF
System Bot
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
sounds like a good time, maybe i will come out sunday
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Do we have an accurate count yet of who is coming? It sounds like we have many first time Fiero -ing guys, but this year we will be without John, Chris and Phil. Ed
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
yea if i go it will be my first fiero event, i have only had the car for a month and a half.
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2007 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Well hope you make it up it is a fun event if you need a place to crash if you come up sat let me know I have plenty of couches.

Phil isn't comming? who will do all the fiero talk?
acd2
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
AC- I guess you will have to do all the talking. I spoke to Phil the other day, just before starting his S-10 booster upgrade. He gave me a few good tips which were not in his write up from last year. He said he would not be at watkins Glen or at Carlisle this year. I was surprised as he is always in attendance at both events. I finished the upgrade and the stock booster replaced with 1 1997 S-10 pick up booster makes quite an improvement in braking power. Ed
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2007 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Thats a surprise I wonder why he's not going to Carlisle. Well things do come up like funds lol I was planning on some trips but have cancels some due to that lol. But I'm planning on going to both hehe Well he will be mised. ED

AS OF RIGHT NOW TODAY PRE-REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AND ANY MORE T-SHIRT ORDERS ARE OR WILL HAVE TO BE RE-ORDERED AND SENT TO YOU. I WILL TAKE ORDERS FOR THE SHIRTS IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE SENT TO THEM AND WHAT NOT JUST CONTACT ME TO ASK ABOUT THE DETAILS.

I would also like to thank everyone who has helped and donated there time and hard work in making this small event happen. With out everyones hard work and dedication in preserving the fiero and enjoying the excitement it brings to all of us enthusists we would not have this event and hopefully this will grow to be a bigger event which this year we can talk about at the banquet/awards at pizza hut. Thanks you to all that helped me get this going and keep it running. Vin latus Family, Ed Coakley, MOFOA, Fiero Store, Mr. Mike's, Phil &Gwen Randolph, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

ACD2
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
so... Sunday i might make it
BigRed88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigRed88Send a Private Message to BigRed88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

so... Sunday i might make it

Awesome!!! We miss you!!! Lotsa catching up to do.

~Ellen

Edit: To fix my smiley thingey...been awhile since I've used it.

[This message has been edited by BigRed88 (edited 04-19-2007).]

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
One week left! Let the countdown begin!

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black

86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
I hope we have the weather that we have now......NEXT weekend. If not, we'll just have to ignore the crappy weather and have fun!

I can't wait to meet all of you and visit the awesome "Watkins Glen" track!

PFF
System Bot
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Well, there is a great bar / restaurant right next to the show area at the base of the lake. They make bloody marys that make you cry. (Someone told me about the bloody marys, I of course don't know about them myself. So you need 3 or 4 bottles of Bud to cool off your insides. We should go there whether it rains or not;like on Saturday night after dinner. Ed

[This message has been edited by Firefighter (edited 04-23-2007).]

agrabo85fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for agrabo85fieroSend a Private Message to agrabo85fieroDirect Link to This Post
Well good news my police report came today and it looks like im not at falt

so that might mean a nice cheak
God i hate The DMV...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
n/m cant go thats like $60 in gas round trip plus $20 to do laps.. no way i can afford that right now..
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
AC do you have someone to shoot photos yet I just got my new Nikon 5700 digital camera
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
No the guy I had instore can't make it due to his work so bring it on down the track will also have a photographer but he is a little pricey. always need more pics hehe

EVERYONE - I was told today if it is a down pour they might not have the running on the track just so your aware but I got 2 different answere's from people so you are aware. one person said no matter what and one said depends so just throwing it out there but I'm not worried it will be a great sunny day oooohhh yaaa baby.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

n/m cant go thats like $60 in gas round trip plus $20 to do laps.. no way i can afford that right now..

PM sent!
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
Rain or shine...........we'll be there having BIG fun!

How many of us are pre-registered?

Kerry

F-I-E-R-O Are you going to be at Watkins Glen?

[This message has been edited by 86_IRM_TURBO (edited 04-24-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Yep, but I'm not sure when. Linda and I have a defibrillator course that we're taking on Sat morning. Linda has to go to Church on Sun (Sunday School teacher). We we're thinking Fri afternoon/night or maybe Sat late afternoon/night... I haven't found a schedule of events yet to help me figure out what's going on. I tried the links above but they didn't work for me...
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
If you go to this page there is a printable flyer. (PDF) http://www.latuslink.com/fiero/wgf2007/

Give it a try!

It sounds like kilrblu (capitolcityfiero) is going to be the first Michigan arrival there.

If the trip goes smoothly we should check in around 6 and be ready to meet up in the W-G area around 7.

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Yep, but I'm not sure when. Linda and I have a defibrillator course that we're taking on Sat morning. Linda has to go to Church on Sun (Sunday School teacher). We we're thinking Fri afternoon/night or maybe Sat late afternoon/night... I haven't found a schedule of events yet to help me figure out what's going on. I tried the links above but they didn't work for me...

Here is the direct link to the flyer, you should be able to download and view, it's a PDF file. http://www.latuslink.com/fiero/wgf2007/wgf2007.pdf

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black

PFF
System Bot
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ACSCAR:

EVERYONE - I was told today if it is a down pour they might not have the running on the track just so your aware but I got 2 different answere's from people so you are aware. one person said no matter what and one said depends so just throwing it out there but I'm not worried it will be a great sunny day oooohhh yaaa baby.

The current forecast is for nice weather on track day - let's hope so.
Sunday: Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Where the heck is Chef's Diner located, I'd like to join the breakfast club. And also, where is the show going to be? I really don't need a replay from last year-Jason
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
hey is there a decent carwash around there? with the bugs around here im going to wanna wash it when i get out there.
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
You've been to Chef's before, haven't you? A few posts up, I posted the sattelite image of the park where the show will be.

I'm sorry, but I can't give you an exact address for either place. I even called Chef's to get their address and the guy wouldn't give it too me (it was kind of strange).

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Where the heck is Chef's Diner located, I'd like to join the breakfast club. And also, where is the show going to be? I really don't need a replay from last year-Jason

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVin:

You've been to Chef's before, haven't you? A few posts up, I posted the sattelite image of the park where the show will be.

I'm sorry, but I can't give you an exact address for either place. I even called Chef's to get their address and the guy wouldn't give it too me (it was kind of strange).

The show is in the same place as last year, right? So, I'll have no trouble finding it. Thanks Vin.

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
Jason... You have my cell number, so if you get lost call me and I'll come find you.

Vin

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVin:

Jason... You have my cell number, so if you get lost call me and I'll come find you.

Vin

LOL@myself

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Thanks vin for answereing everyone's questions been having a little headache with some things lol but got it straighten around . Chefs is on rt14 between Watkins Glen & Montou Falls If you find pizza hut in watkins just head south and chefs will be on your left about 3 miles. The car show is in Harbor Park, Off of rt14/main street watkins glen turn at the red light for rt414 and go to the first red light and turn left onto decatur street and head toward the lake and the park is right there at the end of the lake.

People comming in Friday night here is my cell just give me a call I wil be doing final touches all day for t-shirts & trophies and making sure I have everything around for Sat & sun so give me a call and I'll be around or stop by someone should be here if I'm not I'll be right back I'm sure Looking forward to having fun and seeing every one.
ACD2
PS let me know if you got the event schedule alright
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
ok i finally have a final decision, due to a very few select people in this world having hearts of gold, i AM going
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock