Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  April 28, 29, 2007 NY Fiero Watkins glen--WHOSE Comming (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
April 28, 29, 2007 NY Fiero Watkins glen--WHOSE Comming by ACSCAR
Started on: 03-06-2007 10:27 PM
Replies: 174
Last post by: 86_IRM_TURBO on 05-14-2007 10:45 PM
agrabo85fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2007 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for agrabo85fieroSend a Private Message to agrabo85fieroDirect Link to This Post
I had a Blast, me and Jerry (bobadoofunk) played his wii till 4:00 AM and then got up at 6:30 Am but the show was awsome the people where Great we had some nice cars there and I highly Recomend everyone too come next year i hope to have My GT built by then what a Blast!
Thanks,

Andrew
IP: Logged
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Glad everyone had fun! Gotta make sure I go next year. Can't wait to see more pics!!!
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
YAY! had a BLAST!! i love Fiero people!!

time for bed... total sleep in 3 days after tonight...10hours. tomorrow is NAP TIME!! (and ill post pix!)

------------------

See my film creations..
See F-I-E-R-O's Fiero store!
Please help me bring Betty back to life!! i need free parts and tech help!
Black Betty Build

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
I too had a great time. I met some new people and and visited with old friends. I want to throw out a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to the Dobson's for all thier had work. AC and company have kept the Watkins Glen Fiero event going and growing. I know there were others that helped out too, especially Ed (Firefighter) with his raffle donations and help at the table.

It was also great to meet and visit with a few of the members of the Michigan Fiero Club (Longest Distance Award for this year). I hope everyone got home safe and enjoyed the ride.

If anyone would like to send me a copy of thier digital pictures, I would be happy to post them on the Fieros at The Glen website. In fact, the more pictures the better. I'm not much of a photographer, so I left my camera at home.

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black
87 GT Med. Red over Silver

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CLF-87SE:

I agree, We had a great time also, definitely plan on doing this again - the website for pictures is www.tracktimephotos.com -- I just checked and there not posted to the site yet.

Carl

How should we fill in the search parameters? Is this the right place? --> http://www.tracktimephotos.com/gallery.jsp

Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
It's difficult to explain how much fun this was for me. Everyone was just so friendly and fun to be around. I had some really great conversations, and learned all sorts of information, heard some really great stories, and didn't even feel the sunburn until today. I may even become a wine drinker. Well someone has to drink these 6-8 bottles. Now my fiero doesn't have to be ashamed to show its fashia in public. Thank you very much to the gentlemen that took care of that problem for me. The hospitality was exceptional. I mean how many people would get up at 5am, after probably no more then 3 hours sleep just to drive you to walmart. It seems like I could go on and on about how wonderful everyone was. I would have stayed even longer, but then I would have been to tired to make the 250 mile ride home. You know your tired when you feel like your driving very fast, open your eyes, look down and the speedometer is reading 65-70mph.

ok, just kidding about the "open your eyes" part.

Thank you to everyone who made this event possible, and also all those who showed up as well.
All of the pics I took are here. They have been shrunk for quicker viewing/uploading etc... I do have the full res 2592 x 1944 pics if anyone wants any. Just email me and let me know the pic number and the email address you want it sent to.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com...m/576460762399926438

------------------
------------------

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 04-30-2007).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for showing my daddy a great time. He said he had a blast. He also wanted to thank everyone for being tolerent of his four-wheel drive Fiero that looks surprisingly like a Suzuki Grande Vitara.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Just wanted to thank everyone for showing my daddy a great time. He said he had a blast. He also wanted to thank everyone for being tolerent of his four-wheel drive Fiero that looks surprisingly like a Suzuki Grande Vitara.

Your Dad's a nice guy, and it sounds like he's had a lot of fun at the Glen over the years. Next year you will have to come on up and give him a ride in your Fiero.

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black

CLF-87SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CLF-87SESend a Private Message to CLF-87SEDirect Link to This Post
How should we fill in the search parameters? Is this the right place? --> http://www.tracktimephotos.com/gallery.jsp

Yes, that is the correct address - watkins glen 4/29/07 - we were in group 12, but it still looks like the site isn't updated yet.

Carl
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
What I'd really love to do one year is to get my SCCA national license and go up to the Glen to compete. Either that or a driving school. I'd have to find out what event he'd be at. Then get with the corner workers and find out what station he was at for the day and have a "mysterious" mechanical break down at that station. Just think that'd be a really cool surprise.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVin:

I too had a great time. I met some new people and and visited with old friends. I want to throw out a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to the Dobson's for all thier had work. AC and company have kept the Watkins Glen Fiero event going and growing. I know there were others that helped out too, especially Ed (Firefighter) with his raffle donations and help at the table.

It was also great to meet and visit with a few of the members of the Michigan Fiero Club (Longest Distance Award for this year). I hope everyone got home safe and enjoyed the ride.

If anyone would like to send me a copy of thier digital pictures, I would be happy to post them on the Fieros at The Glen website. In fact, the more pictures the better. I'm not much of a photographer, so I left my camera at home.

DITTO - what a great time with great Fiero people! What a nice surprise to be joined by our friends from Michigan, New Jersey & Connecticut (to name a few states). I think our official car count was 20 this year & hopefully, we can up it to 30 next year. I'm quite sure that is the largest number of FIERO's that WGI has ever had on the track - including the days that actual IMSA Fiero's raced in the 80's. On a personal note; Boomer is just happy not to have broken anything this year!!!
Vin - 25 pictures on the way. Thanks for posting.
PFF
System Bot
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CLF-87SE:

Yes, that is the correct address - watkins glen 4/29/07 - we were in group 12, but it still looks like the site isn't updated yet.

Carl

Search using this.

20070429_WGI_GR12

------------------
------------------

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
Korey and I just got back home. What a fantastic weekend we had with some of the nicest Fiero owners and lovers in the county. Thanks to everyone that set everything up for us, AND the other
folks that showed up and made all their effort worth while!

We're looking forward to another trip to the beautiful Watkins Glen area.

Thanks again!
Kerry & Korey

PS I hope everyone else is home safe as well
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Me beating the corvette

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
haha that thing came out of nowhere
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Hey! I see a F-I-E-R-O...

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gecko:

Me beating the corvette

nice...wait a second...what type of car is that green one?

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

nice...wait a second...what type of car is that green one?

Is that the new Volkswagen Thingie?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
that is just to funny. yah know you were missed FR. I was in conversations at least 3 times where people were asking about you and where you were.

I was wondering for a moment who to ask about removing the watermark. I did pay the $32 for the 8 x 10 at the track and don't think I will be paying another $20 for the same picture.

btw, I bought a Covercraft Full Mask/bra from amazon.com and it arrived Saturday after I had already left. I no longer need it since the damage was fixed while I was up there. So it's for sale here.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/037156.html

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
did they take pictures of our second go around?

btw.. that picture is now my background

[This message has been edited by Jrgicehc (edited 04-30-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

that is just to funny. yah know you were missed FR. I was in conversations at least 3 times where people were asking about you and where you were.

I don't remember asking about you! Ohhh... wait, your name did come up in a conversation about post whores...
PFF
System Bot
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

did they take pictures of our second go around?

Yes - Group #16 has pictures from the 2nd run. Here's a link to the picture of you pushing me into the back straight
http://www.tracktimephotos....070429_WGI_GR16_0757

BTW - I realized it was Morrisville you were attending after I mentioned Alfred
Nice GT!!!
Boomer
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
here are some pics bobadoofunks new friend hehe and some others I will be posting more but going to take me a while have ltos of pics I'll be sending them all to you vin hehe have fun lol
acd 2

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post

ACSCAR

629 posts
Member since Jul 2002
more pics

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view. everyone wantd a ride in this lol NOT
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Hey! I see a F-I-E-R-O...

yah I saw that guy, he was kinda different, but at least he had a yellow fiero

oh, and after I left to go home, I spotted him off the side of the road trying to get the front end off the blue notchie in town
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boominator:

Yes - Group #16 has pictures from the 2nd run. Here's a link to the picture of you pushing me into the back straight
http://www.tracktimephotos....070429_WGI_GR16_0757

BTW - I realized it was Morrisville you were attending after I mentioned Alfred
Nice GT!!!
Boomer

o nice, haha yeah there I am. Dont worry about it, I was having trouble remembering peoples names and such too. thanks for the compliment and directing me to the right place.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
till 4am...

Cow Dog

Jasons "crew"

Breakfast (at this point me and Andy have slept 2.5 hours )

At the Harbor, for our little Fiero show! ( i liked it, it was a nice low pressure, enjoy the people kinda show)

I want that nose!

Fotchback

2x the trunk room!!!

TO THE TRACK!

I still want it.

At the track

News interview

Driving the ORIGINAL track

ive got 178 pics to sort through!! ill post a few more later! i had SO much fun!! now i am really trying to get to Carlisle!

PontiacJ829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Direct Link to This Post
Sorry I couldn't make it, turns out my little problem is worse than I thought. If I did go the way the rear end is I probably would have ended up in the wall! Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but I may not have a Fiero as a daily driver much longer.
So..... anybody planning on the Bill Rapp Show? The date is June 10th.

Edit: Oh Yeah, Looks like it was a great time too! What was the official count?

[This message has been edited by PontiacJ829 (edited 05-01-2007).]

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacJ829:

Sorry I couldn't make it, turns out my little problem is worse than I thought. If I did go the way the rear end is I probably would have ended up in the wall! Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but I may not have a Fiero as a daily driver much longer.
So..... anybody planning on the Bill Rapp Show? The date is June 10th.

Edit: Oh Yeah, Looks like it was a great time too! What was the official count?

Hey Jimmy... I was wondering what happened to ya'. You could've come with your Dad in the Trans Am, we wouldn't have shunned you. You've got to get that GT back on the road man!

AC can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we had 20 cars at the show, but there were two more that showed up at the track, for a total of 22 Fieros.

Nice pictures everyone!

------------------
Vin

Fieros at The Glen 2007
Fieros at Carlisle 2007
86 SE 2M6 Deceased
86 SE 2M4 Burned
87 GT Black

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for postin' the pics! I removed the watermark using mspaint I'm sure you could "heal" it using PS much easier , and with better results...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 05-01-2007).]

86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
I got the "Hi-Res" image sent to me and I must say that you can almost see the wrinkles in my knuckles and
the scratches in my sunglasses. It's VERY sharp! It makes excellent wallpaper for my PC's.
Hmmmmmmm...........I couldn't help but think how much fun it would have been to take one of these C6 SS cars
from here out for a lap around the Glen..........WOW! Ok, I'm awake now, so much for THAT dream.

Oh, and Joe said he would have been there but his wife was not feeling well. But we are going to try to get the two
IRM TURBO cars together at another show this year. I sure wish Andrew had pulled off the purchase of the yellow
car. It needs to be at these family reunions as well.

BTW the IRM Indy that was sold out of the shops when they closed is here in the area. When he gets the SD-4 motor
all done and the car on the road, we'll have another awesome Fiero to enjoy seeing.
PFF
System Bot
PontiacJ829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVin:

Hey Jimmy... I was wondering what happened to ya'. You could've come with your Dad in the Trans Am, we wouldn't have shunned you. You've got to get that GT back on the road man!

Yeah... See there's this thing apparently with our Pontiacs going down to the glen. After I took the GT down the motor went bad & same with the Trans Am too, that's actually still in the garage on jack stands since my Dad doesn't have any time to work on it. The GT will be running & stiffened by next year, that's the idea of have a Grand Prix as a daily driver so I go through Fiero withdrawl!
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
I have to add my 2 c on the great day at Watkins Glen. And a special thanks to AC I, ACII, Brandy, Shirley, Vin and Chris. Several of the group asked if there was ever a Fiero "not so great driving performance" at the Glen. I knew of one several years ago, but no one else seemed to recall it. Well if PIP works (usually doesn't) here it is. Ed
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
You said you would find that pic. It's an excellent reminder to all of us to pay attention and have your car under control. I'm guessing that car needed some repair B-4 it could be driven home.

I only found 6 bottles of wine when I emptied the car on Monday......... ....about 40 bottles less than someone else!

Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Why whatever do you mean about the wine bottles? I suspect that the person you are thinking of was sitting opposite me at both the Saturday night dinner and the award gathering at Pizza Hut.
Perhaps next year we could have the awards dinner at one of the Wineries? That would be OK, as the event would be concluded and only those starting home, like you guys, would be limited to one glass of wine. Ed
CLF-87SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CLF-87SESend a Private Message to CLF-87SEDirect Link to This Post

Thank you to everyone who made this event possible, and also all those who showed up as well.
All of the pics I took are here. They have been shrunk for quicker viewing/uploading etc... I do have the full res 2592 x 1944 pics if anyone wants any. Just email me and let me know the pic number and the email address you want it sent to.

Gecko - Sent you a PM.
BigRed88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigRed88Send a Private Message to BigRed88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefighter:

...Perhaps next year we could have the awards dinner at one of the Wineries? That would be OK, as the event would be concluded and only those starting home, like you guys, would be limited to one glass of wine. Ed

I vote that we have it at the "Glory Hole".

86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
Oh...........you just HAD to go there again! Just when ACD2 thought old "Glory" had finally been put to rest.........

U R Baaaaaaaad!

I like it!
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BigRed88:

I vote that we have it at the "Glory Hole".

Cheese & Crackers, I wonder if Brandy has served the wine to ACD2 yet?????
Too funny...
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
Just want to drop a line to the Dobsons "job well done" We will be at this show every spring, good food, nice motels, great folks
and lots of yellow Fieros , we have never seen so many yellow Fieros in one show. Also want to thank Vin and everyone for showing us a great time.

Bob & Lee
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock