Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Just exactly how rare is a Blue Fiero? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Just exactly how rare is a Blue Fiero? by S-toon
Started on: 03-07-2007 04:54 PM
Replies: 48
Last post by: GT40 Kit 3.8 SC on 03-14-2007 07:37 AM
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
I have a origional blue 87 GT, its does not have the sunroof option or the rear wing option, but has everyhting else but performance sound. Would this fiero be worth anything? Its currently being rebuilt with a rebuilt engine, all new susension, rebuilt getrag tranny, and repainting hood, roof and rear decklid.

Just wondering if I am right, but investing thousands to make my blue 87 GT perfect again?

Mike

[This message has been edited by boysatt (edited 03-12-2007).]

IP: Logged
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
Me personally I would go for it. It all depends if you are willing to spend that amount on it, and your personal opinion if it's worth it to you. There would be people who would argue with you, but it's your final opinion and choice if you want to or not.
I have been told my 84's are not worth it by some people, and I should get rid of them and get a GT. To me one less fiero on the road would be sadening.
Restore it.. I say it's worth it.
BamaFieroMan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BamaFieroManSend a Private Message to BamaFieroManDirect Link to This Post
Blue Fiero's were only produced for one year (1987) according to all sources I've checked and less than 5000 of them were produced. So, if that tells you anything. As I said, this is from all sources I have, and I certainly do not call myself the world's foremost expert.
87SEbeast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEbeastSend a Private Message to 87SEbeastDirect Link to This Post
1987 Fiero SE

5- speed

51K on the clock

:-D

www.myspace.com/asof_yet for pics
lil blue gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lil blue gtSend a Private Message to lil blue gtDirect Link to This Post
i guess it sux for me then...i got a 87 blue 5 sp gt,with 87000 miles on it..in my back yard.i m using it for a parts car.
seems the guy i bought it from never got a title,and lied to me about it,along with the rust from front to back.
so i bought a naked 88 gt with 41000 orginal miles on it,to put the body panels on it.
seems the owner of the 88 deceided to build a kit car and stripped it to bare shell,then gave up.

wife really wanted a rare blue 87 gt 5spd.but now has a 88 gt in the works....she just has to deceide what color to paint it.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
In all the years I have been around Fiero' s and as many as Fiero's I still see in my area and shows Blue is the least seen color. I see 3 to 1 yellow Fieros vs blue.

On the other hand Blue is rare because not too many like the color originally. You know it's the old there were only 24 made because only 24 people wanted it kind of a deal. If it was more popular it would have lasted longer.

In some cases like the Superbirds they could not give away in the 70's because they were considered ugly are now the quarter million dollar cars of today.

Well I don't think the Blue cars are going to see a big jump in value but they will set you apart from the other Fiero's and get noticed.

It was too bad Pontiac did not do the darker blue the TA had the same year as it was sweet. I do believe the blue they used was aimed at the female buyers. Most of all the new blue Fiero's I saw were driven by women back in the day. I know most of them loved the color.
cecrandall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cecrandallSend a Private Message to cecrandallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

The gold paint had a real problem in the sunlight...the color faded !

I only look at this forum occasionally, but funny that I saw this topic. I have a gold 86 GT with NO sun fade as it has been garaged (except while being driven of course) since I brought it home from the dealer in 1986. What I was wondering is how rare is a 5 speed manual transmission on this car?

BamaFieroMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BamaFieroManSend a Private Message to BamaFieroManDirect Link to This Post
If I remember the printed numbers on the color, 1986 was the last year for gold on Fiero's. In addition, they only began putting the 5-speed manual in for the second half of the 1986 run, so, you probably have one of a pretty low number car for that color/option package.
GT40 Kit 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 Kit 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 Kit 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
1986 Gold- 16,325
1987 Gold- 4,119 (less then the Blue 87's)

The info I have says the most rare Fiero would be a 1987 Red, (#71, not the med. Red #77), they only made 2!
Kevin

------------------
85 Fiero-based ASPP GT-40 MarkII. 3800 S/C, Auto, Held suspension all around with 2" drop spindles and sport fr. end. RCC bump-steer correction. Mr. Mike's interior.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock