Started on: 10-19-2007 02:54 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Max The Chainsaw on 10-26-2007 10:15 PM
Max The Chainsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Since work kept me from Fierorama this year, and I had a vacation coming toward the end of the month, I finally got around to doing some work on my daughters Black 86 GT.

The victim... uh... patient:

First job was to the interior, Replaced the cracked dash with the 9 out of 10 one that came out of the ZR-2 when I installed the Camaro dash. While the dash was out we put in a remote start/keyless entry system. Then it was to the back yard for some sanding. You see, even though the car looks good in the pics, whoever painted this car prepped it with what looks like 80 grit paper. I never saw so many sanding marks in one car before. And to top it off, they painted right over the top of the original pin striping, leaving a double raised area down the sides.

So, on with the pics:

In the shed, primer on. Sorry, it didn't occur to me to take any pics before this, not much fun looking at pictures of sandpaper though...

A few parts in primer....

The rear....

The parts already painted on the carport, while the rest gets painted. Yes, I have an ice cream machine on my patio...

Headlight doors ready to install.

And the finished product:

Has some orange peel, but, to coin a phrase, "That'll buff right out..."

Now a few pics I took of the driveway, not very ofter all of the cars are in it at once:

Oh, and one shot of my sons replacement for his car that lost the transmission. The first stick shift in the family, 86 GT 5 speed.

At least she's happy with the new look.

Max

Edit. Forgot to mention a few of the things I had to do in this process. I had to get a roof section and headlight doors from the salvage yard, her roof section was flaking apart bad and her headlight door was damaged from a deer. Her RF fender was cracked by said deer and got replaced as well. While the car was apart, I filled in the radio antenna hole and made her an antenna of galvanized steel wire cased in a plastic tube. Antenna runs across the front of the car under the windshield and up the the front of the left fender. Reception is great!

[This message has been edited by Max The Chainsaw (edited 10-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Real Nice work!!!

Wish you were my neighbor :^)
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Looks Awesome! I love the blues what was the color, looks like Med Quasar Blue (what the blue devil is )

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Real Nice work!!!

Wish you were my neighbor :^)

Thanks. If I was your neighbor, I'd be bugging you for help all the time.

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Looks Awesome! I love the blues what was the color, looks like Med Quasar Blue (what the blue devil is )

I can't remember what the color was called. My wife and daughter went in and picked it out. All I got is the color code on the can wrote down so I can reorder more if I ever need it.

Max

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
And you call this your vacation time... ???

LOL very nice work man.

------------------

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
Tsukiko said she thought it was something like "high intensity blue" and was a Ford or Chevy color... It was between about 3 or 4 different ones of that particular shade... wasn't much difference between them, but I did convince her to go with the darker one since it would be just a tad lighter once it was on the car... and I must say it sure looks good!!

Sure is nice to see those bright blue and bright purple fieros together... laugh... makes the white ones seem pale in comparison!! Now we need some pearlized finish on them... not sure yet if Taran wants his red and grey or not, won't make much difference same amount of work involved... lol

------------------

fiero86_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero86_gtSend a Private Message to fiero86_gtDirect Link to This Post
Nice, when can you do mine?
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero86_gt:

Nice, when can you do mine?

LOL How about the second October in 2034?

Max

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Looks pretty similar to mine:

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 10-21-2007).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Another nice paint job, Max. thats waaayyy more productive than the vacation that I just got home from, but then while I was in Puerto Vallarta I really wasn't thinking about my cars!!!

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
PFF
System Bot
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Another nice paint job, Max. thats waaayyy more productive than the vacation that I just got home from, but then while I was in Puerto Vallarta I really wasn't thinking about my cars!!!

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

Well, I may have gotten more done, but I bet you enjoyed it more!!!!

Been there myself, wish i could afford to go back.

Max

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock