Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Giving the Fiero Lasiks 300zx style (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Giving the Fiero Lasiks 300zx style by cornersonrails
Started on: 12-25-2007 10:11 PM
Replies: 111
Last post by: GODFATHER on 02-27-2009 11:45 PM
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Look awsome a +
IP: Logged
midnightcarving

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for midnightcarvingSend a Private Message to midnightcarvingDirect Link to This Post
i like it, i've been looking for a nice streamlined alternative to the flip ups, and this looks good, the styling makes them appropriate to match the styling and time period of the car.

do you have any plans to fill the cracks around the bucket covers?

if not you could have some sweet ass kc hi-lights come flip out of there...
BIGG_SEXXY

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BIGG_SEXXYClick Here to visit BIGG_SEXXY's HomePageSend a Private Message to BIGG_SEXXYDirect Link to This Post
Man, that looks hella nice

Im liking the way the fiero looks with those headlight

Keep up the good work man

------------------
(>-_-)> A signature Is suppose to be in here? <(-_-< )

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I forgot if anyone mentioned it yet but... I think vents would be cool looking and functional where the headlight covers are Like a washboard style vent.
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
bump for update?
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I apologize to everyone who is interested in this thread for letting it go for a couple of weeks. I have been so caught up in trying to get the Fiero jackets going with GM which I still havent heard an answer yet. But I had sometime to work on the car today and was lucky enough to get a friend of mine over to do a little welding as I have not tried it yet. I did not want to leave these areas open.

So we welded in some steel to make it all as strong as it was, or perhaps even stronger then it was.

Then we made another mount for the hood to bolt to. This gives me total freedom to adjust the hood up and down and sideways
to ensure perfect postition.

Thanks, Chris
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
I commend you on actually doing this. There have been so many "what if/can I" threads on this topic (along with MANY others in this community) with few actual attempts. Its good to see people actually doing. Not to mention, it looks really good. Definatly decided well on the placement of the lights.

------------------

My Build Thread

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
bump cause I'm mesmerized...
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Chris,
Looks fantastic! I can't wait to see them at ChopTop III.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the lights are going to look very good.

This is one of my favorite build threads, let's not let it drop too far down the list so we can always find it.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-30-2008).]

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
I really think those are the best non-popup lights ive seen on a fiero, they seem to fit so well I may just have to try installing some of those on my fiero some day Keep up the good work.
PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
That looks awesome so far. I love those flush Z-lights, and on a Fiero? Double A+! Keep it up and keep us updated!
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
bump the lasiks
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the great feedback from everyone. I am happy with how this project is turning out so far. I can see I have made a couple mistakes with how much I had taken out of the hood in a couple of spots but hopefully fiberglass will be able to fix that. Today I wanted to get the headlights actually mounted so I can start making the front clip line up as best I can to them. First I want to show you the mounts I decided not to use.

the other part of that old back mount I didnt need to cut....

Here is how I mounted the headlights. I used some threaded rod and screwed them into the headlights where the original mounting brackets were screwed into.

Sorry for the bad pic but you can still see the studs coming out of the headlight...

Here is where I mounted them ....This one is the back one coming down and out of the body and is adjustable.

This one is the front left near the hood mount.

This one is the far right one....

I welded a piece of steel in place with a hole in it for that one to mount to.First time I tried using a welder. All three are adjustable for height only. The headlight is not going anywhere now.

Now I will start working on the front clip to see how well I can get it to flow with the headlights. Thanks, Chris

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post
That is the best headlights I have seen in a Fiero ever. Nice job of fitting it to look like it belongs there.

Ed
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Thumbs up, looks great!!

------------------
Christian
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd, 88 suspension, C6 polished wheels, C5 Z06 brakes, Konis, poly'd, Spec Stg 3
301rwhp/345rwtq
Stovebolt Powered!!!!!
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD (the slow DD)

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
bump to keep it alive
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
Nice development. Nice to see others do things to there cars that is new and on the edge of there design. Especially when it’s from people that don’t do this for a living. Gives designers idea's on where there development should go.

------------------

DONE: 86gt 5 speed 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , stronger head springs, and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip , polished crank . too much to list

86 gt 350 4 speed
85 t-top BEING PARTED
86gt 4.9 highly modified
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful work!!!!!! I love that look
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post

Very impressive!
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Those look great!!!!! Nice Work.
PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Bump
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Ummm. Just to let everyone know its all done. Tee hee he j/k

[/QUOTE]
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!!!

A hood scoop of some sort would really set it off!
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Have you considered the PISA Scarab nose? I think it would be a perfect match for those headlights.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-09-2008).]

Bnemo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BnemoSend a Private Message to BnemoDirect Link to This Post
bump
Any more progress????
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I have not been able to fiberglass in the holes in the hood yet as the weather has been to chilly still. I did though come across a car with a 3800 in it. I bought this car on Ebay for $500.00. I sold the seats from it yesterday for $200.00. I plan on selling a couple other items from the car and basically hope to get the motor and trans in it for free. I just got the motor and trans out of it today. I will start working on the final phases of the headlights in a couple of weeks when its a little warmer. Thanks, Chris

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Chris show the head shot on the car. THe ouch that must have hurt.

------------------
Fiero Thomas
Indy #64
86 Fiero GT
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net
Click here for E-Break and Shifter boots
Click here for Sunshade bags and T-Top Bags
Click Here for Spare TIre Covers
Click Here for Headliner Kits

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
if anyone is looking for a set off 300zx head lights i know of a set that is in the local junk yard and the lights are still in it so if any one needs a set shoot me a pm
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Those lights look good
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
I also have a set for sale....pm me if interested...i got them off ebay....
PFF
System Bot
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post
How much are you asking for them?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

The headlight modification looks really good, but I have one question from a practical point of view...

Is the modified LOWER headlight height legal in all fifty states (and ten provinces)? Seems to me I recall reading that the reason for having pop-up headlights on the Fiero (and other low-slung cars) was to facilitate having the headlights at the proper/legal height when they were actually being used.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The headlight modification looks really good, but I have one question from a practical point of view...

Is the modified LOWER headlight height legal in all fifty states (and ten provinces)? Seems to me I recall reading that the reason for having pop-up headlights on the Fiero (and other low-slung cars) was to facilitate having the headlights at the proper/legal height when they were actually being used.

Hmmmm....Thats a good question. I do feel that the placement of the headlights I did are probably really close to the factory Nissan 300zx that they came from. I could be wrong.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Hmmmm....Thats a good question.

As I alluded to earlier, I think what you're doing looks fantastic, but it would be a real shame if you and/or anyone else following your example finds out after doing the work that in their jurisdiction the headlight modification is illegal and therefore renders the car non-licensable.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I hope my concerns didn't kill this thread, or the project!
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

As I alluded to earlier, I think what you're doing looks fantastic, but it would be a real shame if you and/or anyone else following your example finds out after doing the work that in their jurisdiction the headlight modification is illegal and therefore renders the car non-licensable.

Great job! I know I checked here in Ontariario and 22" is the lower limit. 54" is the upper limit. 22" is very low and I'd guess your real close. The specs will likely vary in the US - but they'd work up here. I think it makes a big difference if the job is so good they end up looking stock. Most police will look from the outside to see if they look stock and go from there.

Excellent job! A+ from me (for what that's worth)!

Dave
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Great job! I know I checked here in Ontariario and 22" is the lower limit. 54" is the upper limit. 22" is very low and I'd guess your real close. The specs will likely vary in the US - but they'd work up here. I think it makes a big difference if the job is so good they end up looking stock. Most police will look from the outside to see if they look stock and go from there.

Dave

I would have to agree that the final look of it should help if it looks stock or not. I think the new corvettes headlights are sitting pretty low. I know a local police officer, I will find out the Illinois law on this matter and post it. On another note while I have been waiting to finish up the headlight mod I have been getting into swaping out the 2.8 for the 3.8. I have no idea what I am doing but am hoping that I can call on a few members for advice as I go along.

Thanks, Chris

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
wow, im about to start a front end project of my own and i will have to heep my eye on this, that looks great!

------------------

Currently a student at Wyotech in Sacramento.
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 151,000 miles! decklid window, silver guages. rear ended someone, and now the rebuilding starts! More pics of my 87 GT can be found here
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 auto, 222K miles and counting <-my first car, and i still cant get rid of her!
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L 4x4, 62K <-Daily driver
A 4 year olds knowledge of science: No matter how much jello you put into a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Dave

Compared to Nsx, Viper, C6 vette, Gallardo, f430, your headlights aren't any lower than those. You'll be fine. Need more height? , then twist some spacers into your front springs during inspection.

Nice work, I think those lights would look cool on my front end as well. What type of bulbs do they use?
x

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock