FireFox GTP Fiero by brandon87gt
Started on: 09-16-2008 12:22 AM
Replies: 32
Last post by: IMSA GT on 09-17-2008 03:13 PM
brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
brandon87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
Here is the website with all the info he has on the car. Lots of info there.

http://ourworld.cs.com/veneceh/

Whether or not you like how it looks there is a ton of work done to this car and Hardy did it all himself. He molded all the body panels and even kilned (sp?) his own windshield!

I wish I could have gotten more pics but my camera battery died.

[This message has been edited by brandon87gt (edited 09-16-2008).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Uggh. Bury it. Bury it deep.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Some new bumpers and perhaps some creative lights a wide body and you might have something but my guess still ugly.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Please get rid of the wheels. Definately black wall out.
Sleek

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleekSend a Private Message to SleekDirect Link to This Post
Looks like its owned by one of those old people that take a stock v6 mustang to a car show and then get pissed when they don't win something.

------------------
-Nick
86 GT

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Nothing like taking a 24 year old car and making it look like 34.
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Was that car made by Mozilla?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I respect the work that went into it....but yes it looks very 70's
MordacP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MordacPSend a Private Message to MordacPDirect Link to This Post

The piss-yellow color, the tail lights, and the shape of the rear wheel wells really round up the 70's style.

Whoever did this needs to be tried by the Council of Fiero.
pdemondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pdemondoSend a Private Message to pdemondoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sleek:

Looks like its owned by one of those old people that take a stock v6 mustang to a car show and then get pissed when they don't win something.

Originally posted by MordacP:

The piss-yellow color, the tail lights, and the shape of the rear wheel wells really round up the 70's style.

Whoever did this needs to be tried by the Council of Fiero.

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Nothing like taking a 24 year old car and making it look like 34.

Well in reality Hardy is a very skilled and nice person to talk with and he really doesn't deserve all of the nasty comments. He went to our
Fiero meet in order to share some knowledge and learn from what others have done.

Certainly it is MUCH EASIER to criticize than to create. For those of you quick to insult, could you grace us with your original body and windshield
designs? Not concepts but original creations that you have actually built and got on the road.

How many of us spend YEARS trying to get just an engine swap going? How many of us have strugled with getting a body kit we bought installed?

I do not think the point was: "Look at this car and insult the age and taste of its builder".

Is is too difficult to hold back the negative and just appreciate the skills required for such an effort?

What a great way to encourage people to share their knowledge and experience.

So please, if you have something negative to say, please submit your original design so we can see how to do it better.

[This message has been edited by pdemondo (edited 09-16-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Honestly, I agree with most of the comments. It's ugly in my opinion, but if he likes it thats what matters right? He really shouldn't care much if other people like it. That's the beauty of modding a car. It should be for you. A lot of the time criticism is good. Feel free to criticize my mods:
Fiero: Link in sig
CTS-V: http://realfierotech.com/ph...php?t=7028&start=160
Talon: http://realfierotech.com/ph...iewtopic.php?t=12385

But yeah, I am interested in the windshield mods you're talking about. Any more info on those?

------------------

My Build Thread

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Well, that's different...

If he's happy with his car, then it's all good.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pdemondo:

Well in reality Hardy is a very skilled and nice person to talk with and he really doesn't deserve all of the nasty comments. He went to our
Fiero meet in order to share some knowledge and learn from what others have done.

Easy there, tiger. Nobody was giving him nasty comments. But when you build a car like that you have to be able to take constructive criticism as well as praises. Nobody here doubts his skills nor the time and effort he put into the car. We are just voicing our opinions on this car, which EVERYONE does on this forum. That's part of the beauty of PFF. Nowhere in your post does it say not to post comments about the car.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 09-16-2008).]

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Reminds me of the Bertone Lamborghini Bravo found here:
http://www.synlube.com/prototyp.htm
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandon87gt:

Okay, that's pretty cool. Now go back and take pictures of the deck hindge.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
The skill to design and fabricate I do respect. I'm glad he is happy with it. Personnaly it does not get me to excited (well maybe the emblem a little bit.) I do like the name.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

The skill to design and fabricate I do respect. I'm glad he is happy with it. Personnaly it does not get me to excited (well maybe the emblem a little bit.) I do like the name.

I don't like the name because it has "fire" in it
brandon87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

But yeah, I am interested in the windshield mods you're talking about. Any more info on those?

Its not really a 'mod' he actually made the windshield himself. He made a jig, set it up and heated up the piece of glass and made the windshield himself. I don't know all the specific details because I've never done it personally but it was something along those lines.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
i dont know what to think of it ill never talk **** on someone doing there own thing to there car i have more respect for anyone trying to chang somting on a car than someone who just buys it to drive it. im not bashing the guy it did take a lot of time and skill to put it together but in my opinion its ugly and i would have deffenetley gone a diffrent rout but its diffrent and the owner likes it so thats all that matters.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-16-2008).]

brandon87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Okay, that's pretty cool. Now go back and take pictures of the deck hindge.

I would but unfortunately he lives like 2 hours away from me
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Its not really a 'mod' he actually made the windshield himself. He made a jig, set it up and heated up the piece of glass and made the windshield himself. I don't know all the specific details because I've never done it personally but it was something along those lines.

Heck, I need him to make me some choptop side windows, hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I would but unfortunately he lives like 2 hours away from me

I wish you had his number, I'd like to know how he did it.
pdemondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pdemondoSend a Private Message to pdemondoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I wish you had his number, I'd like to know how he did it.

He has an email address on his above-mentioned link. If you cannot contact him that way, PM me. I have his phone number.
I will call him and ask him for permission to pass it along to you.
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post09-17-2008 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it looks that bad. Sure you can update a car's looks and make it look like a new car, but you can also go the other way around and still have an impressive piece of work. It looks better than MANY other Fiero rebodies I've seen, it reminds me of a 70's Ferrari somewhat.

------------------

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:
Reminds me of the Bertone Lamborghini Bravo found here:
http://www.synlube.com/prototyp.htm

looks you are pretty right !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it's pretty close, but no cigar. However, that guy does have skills. That front windshield on the concept is one tough cookie to crack. He might have needed for the Fiero to be choppped and add a wide-body too.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-17-2008).]

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

looks you are pretty right !

Wow, there is a lot of inspiration from that car isn't there.

I wonder if the front windshield is safety glass or not.

Did he do anything to the interior?
brandon87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I wonder if the front windshield is safety glass or not.

Did he do anything to the interior?

I think the interior was mostly stock fiero. I forgot to snap any photos of it though.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me of the Holiday Truckster from National Lampoons Vacation. 47 taillights. It also reminds me of the old Toronado by AMC.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I can see some "carry-over" ideas that are seen on the Lamborghini Diablo's rear wheel opening. I'm not a fan of the Diablo's rear wheel opening.
PFF
System Bot
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
sorry IMSA GT - the Toronado was made by Oldsmobile.....
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

sorry IMSA GT - the Toronado was made by Oldsmobile.....

OOPPS....my mistake

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock