KAMEI X1 style kit. Any interest? by 85duke
Started on: 11-03-2008 02:50 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: 85duke on 11-05-2008 12:59 PM
85duke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
I personally love the look of the Kamei X1 kit on the bumperpad cars. I am looking into reproducing this kit for my car and want to know if anyone else thinks this kit looks as good as i do. I have only seen one car with the front spoiler and a couple more with the sideskirts. Does anybody else know of another car with the kit on it. I found a pair of uninstalled sideskirts to pull a mold and am looking for the rest of the parts to pull molds from as well. Any help would be greatly apppreciated.

The parts in grey are what i want to reproduce.

Here are the parts installed. On a forum members car. I don't know who owns it now but would like to find out.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
You haven't been paying attention..... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073239.html

and I think I have a shortcut for the side skirts. I have a pair of Beretta GT side skirts, they are about 5 inches longer
than is needed, but they can be cut down and bonded together again for cheap...I think I paid $25 for the pair....
Personally I would like a kit too.....

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 11-03-2008).]

Johnni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnniSend a Private Message to JohnniDirect Link to This Post
it would be like a dream comes true if you could reproduce the kit ... I would be already pleased if u could make the front !!

but one question is still left .. how much would it cost approximately ??? (im student & part-time worker ...)

thanks a lot

markus
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Pm send to you 85duke

.Rob
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
be all about the sideskirts i already have the ferrari nose so im good there.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
I love this kit too, but the main question i would have would also be regarding price. But i would think it probably depends how many people would be interested before you could quote a price. Anyway good luck with your project i hope everything works out and it can be sold for a reasonable price because that would be awesome.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I love that look, especially with the car all one color. Not sure how good it's look with the car one color and the pads the usual black though. As much as I'd love it, I suspect it'd be too expensive for me to justify it to my wife, I can always justify it to myself

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in them also for my 86 coupe.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1996 Chevy Lumina LS

1986 Fiero Base Coupe...NO OPTIONS !!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A-sometime this year 3800S/C..maybe
1984 Fiero Indy-Restoring back to former glory

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
What i am trying to do is make a set for myself first that way the R&D cost is 0 i am not gonna charge anything for r&d so there is a price drop there. Then after I am satisfied with the product I will figure out how much supplies will run. And how long each kit takes to make. The price will be fair. i can promise that. i wanna do this for the majority of the fiero community that has bumperpad cars and wants the best looking kit that is easy to install and can be done with out modifying anything. It may take some time do do this but I will get it done. Just sit tight and enjoy the ride. right now i am in the process of gatering the parts to pull molds from and will go from there. I wish i would have ben a member when the full kit as for sale in april i would have bought it in a heartbeat. If anyone knows where i can find The pieces I would greatly appreciate it.

-Ben Tate-
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I have the side skirts on my 86 SE Fiero and think they look great only problem is the original ones are made of cheap plastic, now if some one made a nice stronger set for a decent price I would be interested.
I do have the rear piece which is actually three pieces but it is warped a little where the tail pipe went past it, not sure if it could be used for a mold or not but I would gladly trade it for a set of side skirts once you have them in production. Dan
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
They will be hand layed fiberglass.
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:
I don't know who owns it now but would like to find out.

That is an excellent car. I would to know more about this car too I was wondering if this was a true bumper-pad car? Look at the seats, they do not have the speaker holes? Another thought, how about filling in the gap on the fornt bumper-ettes? Would that make it look that much cleaner. How about a photoshop of my idea?

Cordially,

Kevin
NorCal Fiero's

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 11-03-2008).]

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Kevin i actuallly live in sac now so maybe i will see you around. BTW the headrest speakers were only available in 84' And 85'. But 86 which still had bumperpads they weren't available due to cost. So to answer your question yes it could be a factory bumperpad car and not have speakers in the headrest.
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in particular in the front end piece.

Tina

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
that car belongs to Custom84cp, it is a beautiful car.
i like the side and rear not to fond of the front.
if it could be tweak a little i'd like to see on my '88 coupe.

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
To Anyone who is interested After I find all of the components to build a complete set, and am satisfied with them i will then begin taking orders. My gf wants to help build them too because she likes them.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post

85duke

536 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Once i am able to produce these they will be able to be reworked to the customers liking if they so chose. I am also researching if the fit the newer style nose.
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Good ride height. I'm gonna guess 16" rims.

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
Good ride height. I'm gonna guess 16" rims.

i don't remember but you might be right. he has since change wheels.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Bumped up to 17" I guess. On the other hand, an attachment would cost less than a full nose. The front looks busy w all those lines, my suggestion would be to replace the slats w a large intake. Much easier to fiberglass it too.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

that car belongs to Custom84cp, it is a beautiful car.
i like the side and rear not to fond of the front.
if it could be tweak a little i'd like to see on my '88 coupe.

I think if some round driving lights were added to the lower outside edges, it would look even better. -Jason

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Gosh, those droopy upper valance sections are so distracting. I wonder if a rigid under panel bonded to the backside will fix that. It'll have to be a very good glue to hold it together.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
I am taking all of this into consideration guys. Tom do you have any more pics of this car.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 85duke:

Kevin i actuallly live in sac now so maybe i will see you around.

I can be reached at kevinsullivan1@comcast.net. Reach me when you can

Cordially,
Kevin

BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
I think thats one of the best looking kits ever made and its one of the earliest too! Can anyone photoshop the bumperpads out of the front bumper?

Jason
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Tom do you have any more pics of this car.

sorry, i don't have any pics of this car. all the ones i've shown have been someone else pic of the car.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Is that black or a metallic charcoal?
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
Is that black or a metallic charcoal?

black
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

sorry, i don't have any pics of this car. all the ones i've shown have been someone else pic of the car.

I took this picture, I think it's the excellent composition of this photo that everyone responds to.

I think I might have a couple more on the computer at home, I can take a look.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Jscott Thanks in advance.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock