Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The Most Controversial Factory Color-Gold (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The Most Controversial Factory Color-Gold by mattwa
Started on: 01-03-2009 01:30 AM
Replies: 79
Last post by: mattwa on 09-22-2009 11:35 PM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

I had a 1988 white base coupe with the tan interior and it was gross. I told myself I would never own another white Fiero or a tan interior. My gold GT has the tan interior and if it ever gets wrecked, the interior will go into one of my other Fieros. I can't look at it enough. Then again, it has all been cleaned up, new Mr Mikes leatherette/cloth seats, headliner, etc. I'm concidering a new steering wheel...possibly a wood or leather.
Dave

I own page 2!

No, i dont think a white/tan car would look good, same with yellow/tan (non-factory of course). Black/tan and Gold/tan look great.
Sliver/tan? meh. Red/tan? Ok. Blue/tan? NO.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 01-04-2009).]

IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
nvr mind.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-22-2009).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
golden dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for golden dragonSend a Private Message to golden dragonDirect Link to This Post
"I love Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold!"

------------------

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

here is a pic of my gold GT (pre rims) fresh from paint using the factory gold

WOW....very nice. I think I know what color my 86 GT will be soon I miss owning a gold Fiero.
Robs Fieros

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robs FierosSend a Private Message to Robs FierosDirect Link to This Post
Personally I think the gold looks great with black.
Scopedin92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scopedin92Send a Private Message to Scopedin92Direct Link to This Post
i love the color gold on a fiero. yes i am 16 but people always have complemented on my intelectual abilities and say talking to me is like talking to an adult.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
I was 13 when my mother passed away. My Dad told me she always wanted me to have her Fiero. She bought it from the dealership back in 1986 brand new.
Three years later, I'm sixteen years old, and I baby this car like none other.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

I was 13 when my mother passed away. My Dad told me she always wanted me to have her Fiero. She bought it from the dealership back in 1986 brand new.
Three years later, I'm sixteen years old, and I baby this car like none other.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

You painted it yellow though. That doesn't count :P
I kid.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 01-19-2009).]

MileHighFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MileHighFieroSend a Private Message to MileHighFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hows this?

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
That hood thing is really neat, since it's a lighter shade of gold. Very nice.
PFF
System Bot
MileHighFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MileHighFieroSend a Private Message to MileHighFieroDirect Link to This Post
you cant even see it till your right on top of it... then it just pops!
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Like I said before, I want those black honeycomb rims for my car
joeveto

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joevetoSend a Private Message to joevetoDirect Link to This Post
I was never crazy about gold. But to be honest, the more I look at this post, with the gold cars, the color is really growing on me. There are some really pretty cars in this post.

------------------
Spent my days with a woman unkind Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine...

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
Here is a more recent pic of my gold GT. The only mods done since are a H4 update and the removal of the seven foot factory antenna. Does it really need to stick up higher than the roof?

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 01-20-2009).]

MileHighFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MileHighFieroSend a Private Message to MileHighFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joeveto:

I was never crazy about gold. But to be honest, the more I look at this post, with the gold cars, the color is really growing on me. There are some really pretty cars in this post.

Does it make you want to change your color?
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Is it just the pictures, or does my car seem lighter in color then all of yours with newer paint? My car was "repainted in 2001 though and kept in garage though.

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
depends on where you got it painted. When mine was done, I was very specific about having the original factory color. I also took it back to the body shop because I saw a fisheye in the paint, but I expect to get what I pay for.
Dave
MileHighFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MileHighFieroSend a Private Message to MileHighFieroDirect Link to This Post
ya it all depends on the color that you had it painted there isnt a way to tell if my gold is exact factory or not
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I believe the previous owner said it was repainted the factory color. He got into a little accident where he rear-ended someone, so he had the whole car repainted. But a bunch of high schoolers did it. Some overspray, and right now its peeling some gold in areas..to show more gold! I think they just repainted over the gold and that was it.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 01-21-2009).]

Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post
i really like the fiero with the design on the hood. (we need a PFF consensus as to whether or not to call the decklid the trunk or the hood, cuz it gets annoying to hav 2 figure out which one ur refering to )
personally i think that either black or blue would b the best color for a fiero, but it would need to b a blue like is on the ZO6 vettes, cuz that is a very nice blue. (is it Z06 or ZO6?) and for mattwa w/ the smart teenager thing, i feel for u man. i got the same thing, except i limit myself to making jokes and puns noone under the age of 30 understands. IE: i made a joke about the "Kama Sutra" in one of my classes, and the teacher gave me a look that said she was going to shoot me, and noone in the class knew what it was. (just to put ur minds to rest, no i have not read it. im wearing my promise ring right now, and i do my best not 2 get into things like that)
16 years old
PFF
System Bot
MileHighFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MileHighFieroSend a Private Message to MileHighFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nohbdy:

i really like the fiero with the design on the hood. (we need a PFF consensus as to whether or not to call the decklid the trunk or the hood, cuz it gets annoying to hav 2 figure out which one ur refering to )

O you like that huh? the best part about it is that it is painted in and not a decal, no hard lines or anything.

------------
Gold 86GT
Red 85GT T-Tops
86_fiero_gt_92

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Direct Link to This Post
when i was 14 i bought a gold fiero gt, i loved it but i still wanted to paint it red like my dads old GT. after red, gold is my fevorit fiero color

im 16 now, dont have t fiero, but i got a red monte carlo now
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post
Part of the reason that the gold Fieros appealed to the over 40 crowd, is that back in the early 80s, the gold Shelby Mustang was like the holy grail of collectable used muscle cars, and it commanded the highest prices if you could ever find one. When I bought my gold 86 GT brand new in July of 86, the dealer actually mentioned that to try to influence my decision to purchase it. I bought it because it was the only one on his lot with the 5 speed trans. it had nothing to do with the color. But, I have always kept it clean, waxed, and garaged and I still think it is one of the better colors the Fiero came in.
And I'm a little put off that my gold Fiero isn't worth a mint like the dealer said it would be in 20 years beause it's gold, LOL + LOL
some more.
What, a car dealer lie, come on now!!!

[This message has been edited by GTMN (edited 01-24-2009).]

MileHighFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MileHighFieroSend a Private Message to MileHighFieroDirect Link to This Post
That sounds exactly like the story of my dads fiero (The Gold GT)
Bought it in july of 86 new from the dealership
It was the only color that they had with a manual trans. (4spd)
Had it ever since!
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
I guess thats why the auto manufactors make so many colors and change them all the time. Myself I like all the Fiero colors, and had most of them over the years. But I have to say my favorite color is the lazer metalic blue I painted my 86 GT sad to say was Gold.

Vince

------------------
Hop Till You Drop!!
86 GT.. Lambo Doors, V8, 5sp, Blue
88 Formula.. Stock, White... Wife Ride
85 Gt Black, 2.8, 4sp
85 Black, 2.8, Auto
99 K2500 Suburban, 454, 4X4
04 Trailblazer, Green, Wife Ride

MileHighFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MileHighFieroSend a Private Message to MileHighFieroDirect Link to This Post
ya i think that gold is by far the hardest color to keep in its best form.

If you leave it out to long the pigment breaks down way faster then any color i have seen, and it starts to turn white/silver.

dont blame you for repainting it, but gold is still a great look
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
pocket dude 411

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pocket dude 411Send a Private Message to pocket dude 411Direct Link to This Post
I like it. I think you should throw black rims on it, and tint the windows maybe? We were talking about this before...
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

(?!)

This looks exactly like my first Fastback! Sweet...
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
bump for my interest in gold.
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
good base color for a candy over coat in any semi-color you want
I aways like a deep blue candy over gold base

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Gold and silver, especially in older days, just didnt take UV sunlight well. Golds faded quickly almost to dull silver and silver faded to gray primer. Newer paint is better. It also nearly impossible to blend in a repair with gold and silver. You usually have to paint the entire panel and just cross your fingers its close enough to the rest of the car. Black looks good for about 30 mins. Soon as any dust gets on it, its down the tube quick. Ill never own another black car. I had a brand new Shelby Mustang in black. I remember washing and polishing it for a date in a closed garage. By the time I got dressed and showered, it already had dust on it. I painted it dark red a week after I got it and never looked back.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
My plans for getting a Fiero were simple. Above all else, go for silver. If I couldn't find silver, then either gold, white, or black. I would have taken blue or yellow, but would have eventually repainted it. No matter what, I did NOT want red. I don't care for red cars for some reason. Of course, I ended up with red. Oh well, the universe is not without a sense of humor.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I'm also sick of seeing all of the gray interiors. I love the tan.

Ugh, I really really really dislike the tan interior.

Did I mention I dislike the tan interior?
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
I think Gold is my least favorite of all the colors. The original blue is pretty lame too. But Gold? It was dated the minute it came off the factory line.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Anyone notice that every interior in new cars is tan or grey, except a few that are black. What happened to choice?
Dogcreek

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DogcreekSend a Private Message to DogcreekDirect Link to This Post
I love the gold...in fact if I had a choice on a second car [and the money] it would be gold....

"He who has the gold, makes the rules." LOL

Jeff
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I'm also sick of seeing all of the gray interiors. I love the tan.

My Fiero came with gray interior. I changed it to tan and added Mr Mikes leather.

As for a gold Fiero,, I like them when the paint is still rich gold. Once they begin to fade, the show is over. I also think gold and silver are hard to match when painting. Even seen new cars in the showroom that didn't match.

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Huh, I thought this thread was dead.

Gold is not something you see anymore. It was a 70's and 80's thing. And some people hated it even then, so no wonder its ragged on alot nowadays. But I like it. It's different. I like most other colors except red. I'm SICK of red, there is 2 red cars and red truck in our driveway, plus the countless other cars my dad had that where red. It just sometimes makes me sad that people just hate my car because its gold. They don't see past that, and see that it has 50K miles on it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock