Kamei X1 body kit for possible molds? by MooCow
Started on: 12-30-2009 09:49 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Tha Driver on 01-03-2010 03:30 PM
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that I have an almost complete Kamei X1 kit. I am missing the passenger side, side skirt.

I was looking at older post about this kit, and I see there was a lot of interest in the body kit. Also there was some interest in other making a mold from it. I have no glass experience, so I don't want to attempt making a mold as I am sure I would ruin the kit. However I am willing to possibly work with someone that wants to make molds. If that doesn't work out, then I guess I will just sell the kit if there is still interest in it. If I have to sell the kit I will have to look into if I want to ship it or not. I would really hate for the kit to break during shipping, especially since there are not that many kits around.

Overall the kit is in decent shape. Here are some pics, and you can see where there are a few cracks.

This is part of the side that bolts onto the front bumper

Here you can see he front nose has two spots where it broke off.

Thanks,

Ken~
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
pretty cool, and good find. I wonder how hard it would be to find the missing skirt or make a mirror image of the one you have? Anybody got a picture of it on a car?
MooCow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics of the kit: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041709.html

Ken~
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully someone is willing to make molds of this kit.

(If not, I might be interested in a local sale.. )
MooCow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
No one is really interested in making molds?

Ken~
Custom84cp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom84cpSend a Private Message to Custom84cpDirect Link to This Post
I have this kit on my car, It's the black one that most people have seen. I also had my car at the 25th show.
I was going to send my kit to a guy in Fla, that was going to make kit's and give me a free one in return.
However, he did not return a fuew of my PM's and it made me a bit concerned to send the kit to him.
I'm sure it's "just a people get busy deal" but I would be willing if we could somethin worked out..
JMT....Steve
Custom84cp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom84cpSend a Private Message to Custom84cpDirect Link to This Post

Custom84cp

295 posts
Member since May 2000
Also, the kit above may be a better choice. Mine has already been painted and there would be a risk of damage when it releases from the molds.
I think I have a spare side skirt aswell.
Thanks.. Steve
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom84cp:

I have this kit on my car, It's the black one that most people have seen. I also had my car at the 25th show.
I was going to send my kit to a guy in Fla, that was going to make kit's and give me a free one in return.
However, he did not return a fuew of my PM's and it made me a bit concerned to send the kit to him.
I'm sure it's "just a people get busy deal" but I would be willing if we could somethin worked out..
JMT....Steve

That was a beautiful car. I saw it over in the expansion lot.
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I like that a lot. It’s subtle yet stylish. Gives the car a good look without going overboard.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
You know what? I'd roll in that.

Now the question is; Does the early notchy rear bumper match up to the fastback clip/taillights?

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 01-01-2010).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to mke moulds but it isn't feasible from here, considering the size of the pieces.
Contact JimmyS and see if he will take it on.
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
How much might it cost to ship to Australia?
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
The shipping for large items is a killer. hundreds.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
I can see how that would be a problem. Not only would that have to be paid for them to get to you, but then just about every set you'd make would need to come back here, costing the customer that much more.

As others have said... Hopefully someone jumps on the opportunity, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think it would look pretty sweet on a fastback, too.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 01-02-2010).]

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Check with JimmyS , and Dan fierofiberglass.com - Dan is really good at making molds....see if they'd be willing to make the molds....

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 01-02-2010).]

MooCow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I sent a PM to Jimmy. If I don't hear anything then I will just sell it. Have a few people interested, and one is a local sale. Just not sure what to charge for the kit.

Ken~
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
http://www.nepontiac.org/fo...rder=asc&highlight=. They look awesome on a fastback too.

Edit: 2nd pg for pics

[This message has been edited by mtownfiero (edited 01-03-2010).]

Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
I would be willing to make molds if I had several folks serious (as in sending a deposit) about buying the kit. A quick guess would be about $800 for the kit.
It IS a good idea to pull the molds from a non-painted part as the chemicals usually screw up paint.
Also, I would need that sideskirt Steve - IF it is the exact same part as MooCow has.
I do not have any extra cash to buy the kit on my own at this time.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

DO NOT TOUCH THE TREUM!

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 01-03-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock