Fastback kamei pics? by HausFiero
Started on: 07-08-2010 01:16 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: hyperv6 on 10-25-2010 12:12 AM
HausFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have any pics of a fastback with a kamei ground effects front bumper?

Or if not bout a pic of a fastback with a bumperpad front bumper?

Orrrr a Photoshop of a kamei ground effects front bumper on a fastback..?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeDirect Link to This Post
Quick and dirty Photoshop

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by matchmade:

Quick and dirty Photoshop

I think I just messed my pants...

I would buy a bumperpad just to have the Kamei kit, and on a Fastback, it looks exotic.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
The Kamei front and rear pieces only connect to bumper pad cars. In addition, the only stock side ground effect pieces you could run would be on the door. You would likely have to have a bumper pad car and run a fastback clip. You could do something like that if you owned say an '86 2M6 - you'd have the 2.8L stock, with bumper pads, and then simply have to swap the fastback clip. Probably the most affordable situation to build that type of car.
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
i had the side skirts on my fastback.. theres pics around here somewhere.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
That is just dead sexy
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
TY matchmade!!! I thought it would look cool. I'm thinkin hoodscoop like skitime's and possibly munson or camaro style headlights.. Idk, just a theory. I find I'm better at the creativeness than actually doing it to my fiero!! Lol, but that'sthe biggest thing that attracted me to the fiero, how creative some of the people in the fiero scene are. Very friendly and helpful too

I don't quite understand why a bumperpad bumper couldn't really go on a fastback gt tho.... ?

And I rly hope one of the fiero parts people on here gets hooked up with a kamei ground effects kit and puts it (back) into production. I know there are a few ppl on here with it
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

You would likely have to have a bumper pad car and run a fastback clip.

Hey I took that picture! It's the best example of a Kamei I have ever seen.

You could also start with a fastback and ADD the bumper pad fascias. It's rarely done, but with the Kamei it would be worth it.
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Hey I took that picture! It's the best example of a Kamei I have ever seen.

Is his bumper custom at all? From lookin at the pic, it looks like the "bumperpads" wrap around the bumper, like to the side a little bit or is that just part of the kit? It also looks a little stubbier than a normal bumper, did he shorten it or does it just appear that way because of the ground effects or the angle the pic was taken?
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
If i could get a kamei kit i would seriously consider doing that to my gt.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by HausFiero:

Is his bumper custom at all? From lookin at the pic, it looks like the "bumperpads" wrap around the bumper, like to the side a little bit or is that just part of the kit? It also looks a little stubbier than a normal bumper, did he shorten it or does it just appear that way because of the ground effects or the angle the pic was taken?

I think what you are seeing is a reflection. Other than the kit the bumper pad is stock. Here is a close up I took from that same day...

I generally don't like the bumper pad at all. And even this kit probably only looks good in black. Or if you paint the bumperpads the same color as the rest of the bumper, since they really are not pads at all, but raised areas.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-08-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
Oh ok I see the reflection. Nevermind. It might look cool to kinda wrap the "bumperpad" sections around tho.

EDIT: if I had it I'd think about either wrapping the bumperpads around the sides of the bumer a little bit or cut thembout and put sunbird headlights there

I think what you are seeing is a reflection. Other than the kit the bumper pad is stock. Here is a close up I took from that same day...

I generally don't like the bumper pad at all. And even this kit probably only looks good in black. Or if you paint the bumperpads the same color as the rest of the bumper, since they really are not pads at all, but raised areas.

[This message has been edited by HausFiero (edited 07-08-2010).]

elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprDirect Link to This Post
look nice a fast back with Kamei kit
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by elitopr:

look nice a fast back with Kamei kit

my next project, definitely with your help just need the bumper pad...
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
I'd kill for a kamei kit...any takers...
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
wow, that looks really nice.

------------------

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
I made this simple photoshop a little while back.

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

The Kamei kit is just the lower parts of this bumper. The lower center (under the turn signals) and the lower side pieces. It then continues down the lower side of the car(covers the aero panels) and then the rear bumper has a lower piece that fits on the stock bumper.

I have a kit laying around somewhere in the shop.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
I have a kit laying around somewhere in the shop.

:HAHAHAHAHA:

You dont have a SHOP... You have a GARAGE.....

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
(r.i.p.)
" SmoothGT-'w8c' ".....
rough est. date 04/02/2011.....

10speeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 10speederSend a Private Message to 10speederDirect Link to This Post
howdy,
He has tools, does that make it a shop?

[This message has been edited by 10speeder (edited 10-24-2010).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Jay don't worry about Smoothy, his shop/garage is the great outdoors!:P
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
-nudges revin- make a copy -puppy eyes-
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I looked at this kit back in the day and thought it looked dated in the 80's and today it really shows it age.

The Kamei kit one of the most available kits but even with that so few were sold. The same time the4 Stage I DGP kits were out and they just looked so much more flowing and less added on.

They do look better on black cars as it help hide some of the lines better.

To me this kit kind of gave off a Bertone look in styling vs the more flowing Piniafarina styling look. Check out the older Ferraris from the 80's and see what I mean. The GT4 was a Bertone car and the 308 GTI was a Pinifarina. You can see which one aged better.

Here is the one I went with. It is the Peguses Engineering FX. It is the DGP Stage I with added ribs. If I had to do it over I would have gone with the DGP with out ribs. The Ribs make it look old.

The black pads are key to many add on FX on pad cars as they blend in well. I have seen couple non black pad cars come out well but often the other colors just clutter the front too much.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 10-25-2010).]

elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chelo Fiero:

my next project, definitely with your help just need the bumper pad...

segrurrrroooo Yes bro!!!

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Not to be picky, but it's Bertone. As in the Bertone X/1 9 (which I will have some day...if I can find one without rust).
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Not to be picky, but it's Bertone. As in the Bertone X/1 9 (which I will have some day...if I can find one without rust).

Sorry, I know about the R but I have big fingers on a small cell phone and I need reading glasses.

Good luck on the rust. It has been years since I have seen one in good shape rust wise and engine wise out side of SCCA racing. I have a co worker who raced one and moved on to a Fiat Spider. This year he took his class championship in his Lancia Scorpion.

We had fun at work one day as his race last year from the SCCA Run Offs was on during our lunch on SPEED. We beat on him about his driving. He really is quite good but we will never tell him.LOL!

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 10-25-2010).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Not to be picky, but you did it twice. Still pretty good for a cell phone keyboard.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Not to be picky, but you did it twice. Still pretty good for a cell phone keyboard.

R R

Feel better?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock