Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  4th Alps Excursion Bad Toelz/Germany - 56k warning (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
4th Alps Excursion Bad Toelz/Germany - 56k warning by MrBoernie
Started on: 09-06-2010 06:26 AM
Replies: 51
Last post by: fieroluke on 09-12-2010 02:34 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Its looks like you guys really know how to have fun. Great pics and super clean and neat Fieros. Is Oliver Sholtz still into Fieros?. He was pretty heaviliy into them in the 1990's and even took a trip here to attend the large Fiero show in Carlisle PA.
. If you want to hide the front license plates at shows or when taking pictures, there is a foldable license plate frame that you can attach to the front facia that will retract the plate and put it under the front bumper. see below

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
fieroluke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dennis

Yup, I'm still heavily into Fieros, thanks for remembering me ;-)
I don't have the time to follow this forum regularly though, but I do drop by when I find the time...
But I do go junk yarding for Fiero parts whenever I'm in the US, although it's getting more difficult to find decent donors that haven't been picked clean or have been garbage from the start...
Still have four Fieros in the family, my daily driver is still on the road, so is my dad's 86, my yellow GT is in storage in pristine condition, but the wife's 4 banger refused to resurrect from hibernation, probably due to the fuel pump rubber parts rotting from ethanol. Thank you to our government...

Best regards

Oliver
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

They gave him the wrong plate... LOL

Now the plate is color-coordinated

Originally posted by fieroluke:

Great pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun with our little plastic cars!

It's too bad I couldn't make it this year, but my car was in pieces and I was away as you know.
But it's back on the road now, thanks to @germangt for the help, brake lines, connectors, etc.!

Firebird BCM is working perfectly, BTW.

I'm really looking forward to next year's alps tour, let's hope fuel prices don't go much higher.

Should we fix now a definitely date for 5th alps excursion? Maybe first saturday in september again? So everybody could schedule from now on...

And who knows, possibly next time we will more than 20 Fieros - hopefully with a couple of PFF-Members!

------------------
My wife told me to choose: her or my Fieros... I miss her sometimes!

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Ain't Photoshop fun?! ;-)

Yeah, go ahead and fix a date, if my 87 holds together, I'll come!

Maybe a few of the European forum members from neighboring countries would like to come too?
Eating Sauerkraut and Bratwurst is not mandatory, but I'm sure everyone will enjoy the beer...

germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

. If you want to hide the front license plates at shows or when taking pictures, there is a foldable license plate frame that you can attach to the front facia that will retract the plate and put it under the front bumper. see below

Hi, looks like a nice idea. But i am not sure what will happen to this frame when i go for a ride on the german autobahn with 140+ mph
As you know there is no speed limit on the autobahn.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post
good for avoiding speed cameras!!!
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
I think the plate will be safe at high speeds if it's retracted... ;-)

[This message has been edited by fieroluke (edited 09-11-2010).]

MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
This is what you get if caught by the police...

And then you have to buy good shoes

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting pictures of your Excursion, it's been about 12 years since I've been over there and it brought back some nice memories. The Pride of ownership certainly stands out in the photos of your group, and I'm certain that all of you get quite a bit of attention from bystanders looking over your cars.

I sure miss the great beer, and snitchel !

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Is that speed for real or photoshopped?
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
I wish this speed would be real but without a SD-4 swap into my Indy it's not possible

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

[This message has been edited by MrBoernie (edited 09-12-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
I like the headlights - awesome car!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock