Started on: 09-23-2010 07:45 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: vantastic on 09-26-2010 06:48 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Just wondering if the following is real or a kit... for some reason certain things seem "fieroish" to me, but maybe because I stare at fieros all day. Unfortunately I have no other pictures.

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
That one looks to be the real deal. i'v never seen the fiero kit with that back upper 1/4 area... get a pic of the back window. that will tell a lot.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Fiero. The windshield wipers are not hidden or straight and there is the little metal guide on the top of the passenger side window. Ferrari would not let those tiny details show.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-23-2010).]

joshua riedl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a fiero hood to me. fiero side windows. fiero roof and windshield. I'ld still drive it.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Im going Fiero for the same reason and nobody in there right mind would let there ferrari goto $hit like that.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

Looks like a fiero hood to me. fiero side windows. fiero roof and windshield. I'ld still drive it.

Now that i look at it your right. The real 355's headlights are down towards the bumper and not really a part of the hood... deffenetley fiero kit.
Also look at the side window's.. wherew the catch is... right in the same spot as a fiero.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-23-2010).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I think its a fiero too... the side mirrors don't look proper, the side window looks like a fiero, the side marker lights don't look proper as well, and the lower air scoop looks slightly small and incorrect.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Here is the real one.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
That is a kit all day long, not a bad one though. some of the things that give it away, the front of the hood at the bumper, the side scoops, the headlights, the rear quarter B piller, no side marker lights. just to name a few. I work on this model of kit every day and see the real deal every week.
D.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
And aslo the 355 has a sidemarker right in front of the wheel well on the front bumper.. this one dosent.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I should have noticed the headlights too. Thanks guys.
PFF
System Bot
fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
there is totally no way that's an F355 Berlinetta... no way jose :-)
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I will tell you what it is...
It looks like the F282 kit made by the Fiero Factory in the UK around 1998
there was an article in Kitcars international, may 1998...it looks simmilar and the wheels are the same
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
btw it must be from the UK, if you look close at the first posted picture the steeringwheel is at the right (wrong! ) side..

more F282 kits:

and
http://lambo.cc/f282.htm
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Hmmm, were u being serious?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

The hood is Fiero-ish, but is not a standard Fiero hood. Notice how the forward edge of the headlight doors do not follow parallel to the hood edge. God, I must be sick to notice these things.
Four_hundred_86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
Don't care fiero or not me likey.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

And aslo the 355 has a sidemarker right in front of the wheel well on the front bumper.. this one dosent.

Only 355 sent to the US have side marker lights. The European versions don't. But Fie Ro nailed it. It was made by a company in the UK called the Fiero Factory, no relation to the one in Alabama. The header bar is the big giveaway.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Hmmm, were u being serious?

Yes I was being serious. I've never really taken much time to look at kit cars, or study the details of the 355
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fie Ro:

btw it must be from the UK, if you look close at the first posted picture the steeringwheel is at the right (wrong! ) side..

its on the correct side LOL
yes its a u.k registration probably from the fiero factory that does various kits from a fiero there based in birmingham in the midlands

although these kits are often done with, dare i say it an mr2

the best kits using a fiero I have seen was near amsterdam at fiero innovations and they were where as accurate as you could possibly get

jon

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
The windscreen gives away every fiero.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Unless you get the AD 355 with the extended windshield. This is the most accurate kit I have ever seen and most builders use a lot of real Ferrari parts on them since they are so exact.

------------------
8th Annual California Coast Run

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
John Watson sold his Air Dynamics 355 molds to bartman (kit car forum, now mad mechanics forum). John bought real ferrari body parts to make his molds from. He is now doing the same thing with lamborghini murciealago parts.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
That is a nice kit and would drive it any day! The one in the second picture, post car wash as for the silver one that is maybe UK it may have been flipped I have done it before because I liked the angle better just saying that as a maybe?

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 09-24-2010).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
What does the rear look like? I would love to have one and tweek it.

Austin
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The one from the UK is not meant to be a 355 kit. It only takes its general appearance from the 355. Maybe that is why they called it the 282... so people would know they were not trying to produce an exact 355.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, side window tabs gave it away as well for me. Regardless, very tasteful, well done kit and I'm usually not a fan of re-bodies.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post
got to say - although it is probably everbody's dream to own a ferrari or have the spare cash for a ferrari, and it is replicated in kit form with the best possible match - the fiero.
but just remember the fiero itself - although people have rebodied it it is still a fiero underneath, running gear etc

you should be proud just to have a fiero and be able to keep it running after 22 years of stopped production

so my input is, keep un rebodied - keep it original
it is after all a rare classic

jon m

[This message has been edited by jon m (edited 09-24-2010).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I don't want a Ferrari. There was a time when I could have afforded one but I would always have rather had a kit car. Ferraris, Lambos, etc. are beautiful cars but even beyond the high cost of maintenance and insurance, they are just not able to withstand the rigors as a daily driver. Give me a well done 355 kit over the real thing any day.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

I don't want a Ferrari. There was a time when I could have afforded one but I would always have rather had a kit car. Ferraris, Lambos, etc. are beautiful cars but even beyond the high cost of maintenance and insurance, they are just not able to withstand the rigors as a daily driver. Give me a well done 355 kit over the real thing any day.

I don't know. If I were going to get a kit car, I wouldn't want it to look like anything else that would be on the road. If you think you can afford a Ferrari, and are thinking about getting one as a daily driver, then you can't afford a Ferrari. Sure, you could probably pay for the car itself, but they are basically race cars with comforts. They're not designed to be daily drivers.

Personally speaking, any car that I would find signficant to me, I would not want as a daily driver. Even my Fiero, I do not want to drive daily. Could I? Yes. Do I want to? No. But that's why I bought the Mini Cooper in the first place, back in 2004. I wanted something I could have, that was reliable, had a warranty, and while could be construed as 'fun,' was something I wasn't opposed to driving every day. While my Fieros could be driven daily, as they were built and sold as commuter cars, they are not something I want to drive every day. Often, yes. But when it rains, or snows, or is too cold, or too hot, I would prefer to drive something else. The Fieros are something I want to keep as nice as possible, as long as possible. A car that everyone else has, isn't going to attract unwanted attention, whether from police, or from theives.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That was my point about why I would rather have a nice kit than the real thing. But why not have a kit that looks like a 355? I just happen to think the 355 is one of the best designs ever? No reason not to have a car that looks like that just because there is a manufactured car like it. Take a look around. Most cars look alike these days anyway. Ford copies Chevy. Chevy copies Chrysler. Chrysler copies Ford. I don't want a car that looks like a 355 just because it is a Ferrari. I just like the look. And I do want to drive my cars every day. Or at least on the days I want to drive them. I guess that is what makes this country so great. People can have the style they like regardless of what others think.
PFF
System Bot
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
Looks more MR2 than Fiero to me.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
I do like the style of the 355, but for a faux-355 built on a Fiero, I would badge it accordingly, with the pegasus, and no Ferrari badging.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I have a fiero based AD355 spyder with a N*. a murciealago with a 350 vortec that's getting an ls4 with paddle shift and power steering also fiero based, and an 86 GT convertible that I'm putting together a turboed N* and f40 in so I think I'm qualified to enter an opinion. What was the question?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
It seems to me its better to do a kit rather than the real thing because you can make it your own and outpreform the real thing without having to drop house money on it.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
It seems to me its better to do a kit rather than the real thing because you can make it your own and outpreform the real thing without having to drop house money on it.

I suppose, but if you're thinking of buying a Ferrari in the first place, you're not buying it for the performance alone. You're buying it for the craftmanship and quality. Sure, it's possible for someone to achieve such quality and craftsmanship in their own garage, but then why simply copy an existing car at that point? Why not make something truly your own? Or build some other design that nobody has actually built in real life. A car from a video game maybe. Like the one guy that decided to build an AT-ST. Or the guys in Australia that built the Halo Warthog.

Ferraris, Lambos, Bricklins, are all great, in their own right. And some of them can be had cheap enough. For what some people spend to build a replica, you could buy a real Countach or 355.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I suppose, but if you're thinking of buying a Ferrari in the first place, you're not buying it for the performance alone. You're buying it for the craftmanship and quality. Sure, it's possible for someone to achieve such quality and craftsmanship in their own garage, but then why simply copy an existing car at that point? Why not make something truly your own? Or build some other design that nobody has actually built in real life. A car from a video game maybe. Like the one guy that decided to build an AT-ST. Or the guys in Australia that built the Halo Warthog.

Ferraris, Lambos, Bricklins, are all great, in their own right. And some of them can be had cheap enough. For what some people spend to build a replica, you could buy a real Countach or 355.

Yes but you also have to take into account. Ferrari's and lambo's are high priced in parts and in matinence. You cannot do any kind of preformance mods to them unless you break into the back account and pull out some srious money. Take for instance the 355 Rebody. The real 355 gets into the low 13's in a quarter mile if i'm correct. For much much less you can throw an LS1 or somthing bigger into the fiero do a little preformance modifacations to it and blow the doors off the real thing.. And as long as you keep your mouth shut people will think its the real thing. I would see it as an opertunity to redesign it and make it better/my way of it rather than dropping $100K+ on the real thing aqnd not being able to do a thing with it.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Just remembered my point. To each his own. I like replicas and I like fieros and I like to mix the two together or I can appreciate a stock bodied fiero too. I don't tell people they are the real thing. I just say they're italian on the outside but all american underneath. To dobey the only reason I would trade one of my replicas for the real thing would be so that I could sell it and finance a better build. I drive my cars. I copy italian style because quite frankly I completely admire italian styling. My feelings exactly pontiac kid!

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 09-24-2010).]

vantastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vantasticSend a Private Message to vantasticDirect Link to This Post
That is one of my old fiero's, yes it is the 282 kit from fiero factory and was converted to right hand drive
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Or maybe, like I have said a couple of times.... You just like the look of a particular style. Why do people try to insist that Ferari or Lambo is "all about perfromance"? I could give a rat's patooty about Ferrari performance or craftsmanship. In case someone might have missed what I said before - I just think the 355 is a dead sexy looking body design. So why, please tell me why, I should worry because someone says "why build something that looks like something else?" My question is: Why not? If it is what I like? You've talked about people not being able to afford it. You've talked about people only wanting the quality. You've talked about a lot of things but still skim over the fact that someone might just like the look of a particular car. Why would that bother you if someone who is not you happened to like a particular production car enough to want one that looks like it?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock