Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Anyone have a fiero logo pdf you could send me? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anyone have a fiero logo pdf you could send me? by whodeanie
Started on: 03-12-2009 01:43 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Trinten on 03-14-2012 06:31 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Yep, ...sorry whodeanie to hijack your thread.

no problem, is that the body kit that John is making now?
that thing looks great!

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

no problem, is that the body kit that John is making now?
that thing looks great!

No it is a modified version of the one previously sold by Triangle G.
paulmckibben

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulmckibbenClick Here to visit paulmckibben's HomePageSend a Private Message to paulmckibbenDirect Link to This Post
Who owns the images of the "new Fiero logo" posted by Austrian Import?

I'd like to offer these on sail panels or perhaps a decal but would like to get permission unless these images have already been released to the public domain. Anyone know?

Paul McKibben
fierosails.com

Edit - Here's a decal sample (prototype) at this link: http://fierosails.com/images/NewFieroLogo.jpg

[This message has been edited by paulmckibben (edited 04-03-2009).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
From what I know "F-I-E-R-O" popularized them, but they're actually someone else's design. I remember seeing some info about that in the archives. Search for "New Fiero logo". I found that thread a long time ago when I first fell in love with the logo.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
nvm.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 04-06-2009).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Rob asked me if I had a front view logo so I put this together for him never heard back so here are a few concepts I did a couple of weeks ago.

Here is a Ferrari inspired shape badge

Will
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I like them..

Can you do one like the Lambo bull?

4 feet on the ground, wings up in the air, head maybe facing down.
(I'm going to dig through google images, maybe I can find a good example of what I have in mind.)

Maybe an old '80's cartoon (She'ra - IIRC) will help. side note: Is that were I first got my love for Fieros and didn't know it? He-man and She'ra??
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Some other cool Pegasuses I found while googling:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_R...IvQ/s400/Pegasus.jpg
http://library.thinkquest.o...reatures/pegasus.bmp
http://whygodreallyexists.c.../pegasus-150x150.jpg
http://s.bebo.com/app-image.../pegasus_and_sky.jpg
http://meghanscorner.com/wp..._Mystical_Puzzle.jpg
http://th01.deviantart.com/...sus_by_Oceaneyez.jpg

Looking at all these, I'm starting to wonder why GM even considered a Pegasus. Are they even part of American Indian mythology? I thought Indians didn't even have horses, until settlers brought them here.

Oh, and here's how childhood plays tricks on one:
Googled the Pegasus from She'ra. I can't believe she's so.... PINK.

http://www.unc.edu/~mshirlen/shera.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_p...Q/s320/02_12_08e.jpg <-- Here's the Pegasus from the series. I stumbled across the name "Swift Wind" (kind of fitting for a Fiero.. )

The Pegasus really works for the Fiero, as cars are supposed to be feminine, IMHO. (Look at the Lamborghini Miura - that's one dead sexy car, very feminine)
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Cool, I like them..

Can you do one like the Lambo bull?

4 feet on the ground, wings up in the air, head maybe facing down.

I can but I don't think I will. Kind of cliché don't you think? (okay, I might.... )

Looking at all these, I'm starting to wonder why GM even considered a Pegasus. Are they even part of American Indian mythology? I thought Indians didn't even have horses, until settlers brought them here.

The Pegasus really works for the Fiero, as cars are supposed to be feminine, IMHO. (Look at the Lamborghini Miura - that's one dead sexy car, very feminine)

To the best of my knowledge the American Indian culture has nothing to do with the Pegasus. The winged horse goes back to the ancient Egyptians and hundreds of years later the Pegasus became part of Greek mythology. It was the immortal son of Medusa (who was a Greek babe until she boinked Poseidan. After which she came to represent all that was evil and anyone who gazed upon her face turned to stone. Quite a punishment for getting laid.) and Poseidan (the horse-god. Medusa didn't like him because he was a God, she wanted him because he was hung like a, well you get the picture.....) and was the winged messenger of Zeus. Most people associate Pegasus with Disney, which in typical Disney fashion threw it's spin on Greek lore and made it the friend of Hercules in the "Mighty Hercules" cartoon series from when I was a young. I used to really be into Greek mythology as a kid. Jez, I needed to get a life even back then.

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/385139/Fiero%20Logos.zip

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

From what I know "F-I-E-R-O" popularized them, but they're actually someone else's design. I remember seeing some info about that in the archives. Search for "New Fiero logo". I found that thread a long time ago when I first fell in love with the logo.

Actually, that IS my design, 100% original from me and no one else. : )
PFF
System Bot
Steve25

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Direct Link to This Post
Andrew,

I would be willing to meet you in person to discuss the defense of your claim.

------------------
Steve AT 88GTP DOT com
88 GT\3800 SC\4T65E-HD
NIC Cam\Comp Cam Hi-Tech 1.8 rockers\Rhoads XL Lifters
eBay Headers\Magnaflow Camaro muffler, 3.4 pulley
DH Tune

Wanna go faster?

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
No need to meet in person, I have all the original work and art that was used to create the design.

The head was based on the Iron Horse logo, the wing taken from the original design, and the Mobil Gas Pegasus logo was the inspiration for the project. The font used is Sofachrome modified to close the F, E, and R.

Leading to this...

What pray tell was your inspiration?
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have any PDF's (or Vector files) of the original logo, looking for one that has "Fiero" I have a color one that has "Fiero GT"

Looking to make some stuff up, I love the look of the East Tennessee Fiero Clubs logo the best
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Anyone have any PDF's (or Vector files) of the original logo, looking for one that has "Fiero" I have a color one that has "Fiero GT"

Looking to make some stuff up, I love the look of the East Tennessee Fiero Clubs logo the best

Sent it to your email. If it is not there, check your spam folder. For some reason, my email shows up as spam sometimes.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, got it!
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Here is a permanent link with vector based and 3D objects. Just scroll down.

http://CentralFloridaFieros.../html/downloads.html

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MC widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
I know it's a bit of a Necro-thread, but found something interesting.

Was Googling around and discovered custombilletworks.com - on page 5 of their Custom Projects is a badge that appears identical-in-design to one of Andrews. I contacted the place for information, they state that their Custom Projects stuff is 1-off-only, and so if I got a similar badge/emblem, it'd have to have a a different Pegasus logo on it. Lead time is 4-6 weeks... cost? 400 bucks...

I mentioned this all to CowsPatoot, who informed me of some people on PFF selling similar badges, and when I saw Andrews design, I thought I'd post it up - not saying Andrew is lying, could be the customer lifted the design from one of these threads and supplied it to them, just thought it was interesting.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock