Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Proposed East Tennessee UNOFFICIAL Fiero breakfast meet and greet.....!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Proposed East Tennessee UNOFFICIAL Fiero breakfast meet and greet.....!! by Pete Matos
Started on: 04-29-2011 12:28 PM
Replies: 96
Last post by: FieroAndrew on 12-23-2011 10:22 PM
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Halcyon,
Hey man sorry to hear that, what seems to be the problem? Can you describe it? Peace

Pete
IP: Logged
Halcyon25

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon25Send a Private Message to Halcyon25Direct Link to This Post
Basicly... I can shift it into each gear, but I cant go from Reverse to 1/2 colum to 3/4 colum... it seems like the control cable is jammed...
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Halcyon,
Not sure what you mean by half column? Is this a manual or auto?

Everyone else,
I just spoke with Andrew and we are both planning on meeting on HWY 321 in front of El Jimador restaurant in Maryville and ride up the hwy to Wears Valley road and then into Gatlinburg for the meeting breakfast at the Pancake Pantry. If anyone else wishes to ride up with us or if it is along your way feel free to join us. We MAY ride up thru the park but we will decide when we get there. See you all Saturday Morning!! Peace

Pete

Halcyon25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon25Send a Private Message to Halcyon25Direct Link to This Post
Its a manual... 4 speed muncie... oh, sorry... I ment from 1st and 2nd gear colum to 3rd and 4th colum, It is extremly difficult to transition from one colum to the next...
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Halcyon,
I have the four speed muncie too (LOVE IT) and when I first bought the car I had shifting problems too. I had to tear into the linkage at the back of the car. Many people on here rightly thought it was the slave cylinder and I replaced it but it turned out to be the fact that the linkage was missing a large bolt that holds it in position and it was only being held on by the other ones loosely. The slave cylinder mounting bracket was also missing hardware. One of the things that made it simpler was to have someone sit in the car and shift the linkage while you stand back there watching it move. If there is any sloppiness in the linkages back there you will see it easily. The other thing is there is a proper procedure to adjust the shifter inside the car and you can find it with a search on here. Good luck man... I thought I might have needed a tranny too when I first got the car it shifted so badly but now it drives great!! Peace

Pete

NiotaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I had a problem with my shifter getting really sloppy and I removed the shifter cover and found that the metal keeper for the cable was off. Luckily it was lying under the cables. Replaced it and now it's good to go.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NiotaFiero:

I had a problem with my shifter getting really sloppy and I removed the shifter cover and found that the metal keeper for the cable was off. Luckily it was lying under the cables. Replaced it and now it's good to go.

We have a lurker in our midst...
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

We have a lurker in our midst...

You just never know who's watching. Hey NiotaFiero, are you planning on making the Gatlinburg thing tomorrow?
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
You guys are not gonna believe this....

I went out today to give the fiero a nice cleaning and got looking at it and then looking at the parts box I have here and decided what the hell..... So I tore the whole interior out of the car to replace the headliner which I am working on right now. I am also gonna FINALLY install the vinyl shifter boot, brake lever cover, and new visors I got from Fiero Thomas. That and a good cleaning and then I will hopefully be able to give it a good wash before tomorrow morning... Yeah I know I am crazy right... Oh well that will not be the first time I have been called that.... Say your prayers for me that I can get this buttoned up before tomorrow morning. I WILL BE THERE EVEN IF THE CAR IS NOT ALL PUT BACK TOGETHER!!! Peace

Pete

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post

Pete Matos

2291 posts
Member since Jan 2010
Oh yeah and as if that was not enough...just checked WBIR TV and they are forcasting a 70 percent chance of rain and 77 degrees tomorrow.... Oh well here's hoping they are wrong as usual... peace

Pete

Halcyon25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon25Send a Private Message to Halcyon25Direct Link to This Post
Ok... Figured out the issue... The Shift Selector Cable is jammed, as in "is a B*$#@ to push/pull... I know the Shifter assy works fine, and the transmission is good, so now Im just waiting on the the replacment cables to arrive......

But... Im still out for this weekend... hopefully next time...
Chris Finley
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Okay guys,
My wife and I pulled an all day INTERIOR fest on my GT and managed to get everything installed except the Headliner which apparently is the wrong one. I dunno what the hell happened but at least it is easy to get in and out. Fiero Thomas' interior bits have really made a nice difference in the appearance of the interior. I got it all washed and shined up or at least as shined up as a faded out partial primer paint job can be. We cleaned the whole inside of the car and repainted some interior bits that were worn a bit. I also got to repair and install the center console glovebox door that Mike in Michigan was nice enough to give me as well as I FINALLY got rid of the damn checkerboard black fabric center console skeleton piece and replaced it with a factory one. I had to do A LOT gorilla gluing of those pieces where they were coming apart but with my wife's kind help we managed to get it all glued back together. I am still missing the aux gage aluminum looking bezel as mine was not in the car when I bought it. It had this exhaust gas gauge that was all digital and kinda looked cool but it was the sole gage in that wide aux cluster so it looked kinda funny. I will probably go the triple gage look once I get the 3800 motor installed in the car down the road a bit but for now I would LOVE to have a nice condition factory gage bezel.

SO anyways, I spoke to Andrew and even got a call from AX and they are both planning on coming. Dunno who else is but EVERYONE is invited. We are leaving out at 7:45 AM and should arrive in Gatlinburg at the Pancake Pantry around 9:15 or so... Should be a real nice fun ride and my wife and I are looking forward to it. I wish you guys could have seen all the work she did on the car today, it was awesome to have her so into it and enjoying making the car better. She really wants one now and I am gonna try to find a decent one for a good price locally for her soon. Still have tons of work to do to this car but it is coming along. Hope to see some of you tomorrow morning!! Drive safely and have a great night... peace

Pete

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Hey Pete - sounds like fun - I think it's a little out of my way though - I'd love to be there - hope you all have a great time - take lots of pics!

Pat

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Pat,
Hey thanks man, got the digital camera charged up and the car cleaned up... Gonna hopefully have a few cool fiero's and a nice meet and greet. Wish you could come... peace

Pete
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say a big *THANK YOU* to Pete, Andrew & Ken, as well as the lovely ladies in their lives! We all got together this morning in Gatlinburg for a great breakfast, and it was great to get to spend some time with some fellow Fiero owners. I put over 300 miles on mine today, but it was time well spent at the end of the day. I'm hoping that we can get a lot more East Tennessee Fiero owners on board for another event in the future. I think it would be incredible to see 15 or more Fieros all lined up and rolling through the mountains of Tennessee!

Will and I took several pictures today, and I put a few of them up on a quick web book for you guys to check out. If you want be to send you any specific pictures, drop me a PM and I'll send you the original image. I thought at least one of those might make a good backdrop for you Pete...(IMG_5371, I think) Here is the linkage:

http://datawerks.net/Gatlinburg05152011/index.htm

We had a blast today, and I hope that Will & I was able to contribute a little bit to the enjoyment of all that attended. We'll ahve to plan the next one well in advance, so we can obtain maximum attendance. All you East Tennessee owners stand up to be counted in for future events!

Robert
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Well guys.....

Got back from a great breakfast meet and greet with some nice Fiero Folks today. My wife and I had a wonderful time and it sure was nice to meet everyone on here in person. We had a great breakfast at the Pancake pantry and then had a wonderful ride thru the majestic mountains of East Tennessee. The cars all ran great and sounded awesome(especially in the tunnels with high RPM revvin' em up). I got to sit in my first set of Mr. Mikes seats and they did not disappoint. I will say that we KINDA behaved ourselves in the twisties but that would honestly be a fib.... Er ummm... Yeah!! We rode down thru the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and then ran thru cades cove loop road. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did....!! We gotta do this again soon... Peace

I will apologize for the crappy paint on my car in advance... I am WORKIN' on it....!!

And a good time was had by all!!

It was very nice to meet all of you today....peace

Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete Matos (edited 05-14-2011).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post

Pete Matos

2291 posts
Member since Jan 2010
Oops here's a few more I missed....

Need to post some of these in Fiero's on a Roll!! Peace

Pete
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Too bad I couldn't make it... had some wedding stuff to attend to this morning and I need to figure out why I'm still pulling two CEL codes.

Maybe next time, guys.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Skuzzman,
Hey man wish you were able to come, we had four people show up and had a great time but it is always nice to see a bunch of fiero's together. The weather co-operated PRETTY much, we did get a few sprinkles in the Cades Cove loop and had to put the sunroof's and Tee tops back on but they came right back off soon thereafter. Meeting Axdrenalin, FieroAndrew, and Rocky Top and their family members was really great and I hope to be able to do this again soon. The next one maybe we can go someplace else nice. I actually had stuff to do here at the shop too but hey man sometimes ya just gotta get away!! Ripping thru the mountains with friends in cool Fiero's can take away the stress that is for sure... peace

Pete

FieroAndrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAndrewSend a Private Message to FieroAndrewDirect Link to This Post
I must say that a fun time was had by all on this trip. It was definetely a great way to spend the morning and I learned a massive amount of information that I can't wait to put to use.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Andrew,
Hey man we gotta get together and have a little fiero thrashfest/buildfest soon. I got some work to do in the shop right now but once I get it done I will be wanting to start working on the outside of the car. I MAY try to build my own hoodvent and some other stuff. Seeing both of your cars all nice and shiny made me feel like I brought a knife to a gunfight!! haha The cars were great fun yesterday and that ride thru all those curves is where these cars were meant to be driven if you ask me. That little run thru the spur was cool but I am sure the local authorities would not have enjoyed it as much.... Peace

Pete

PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Glad everyone enjoyed themselves...

Pete, are you still working on that Vette brake upgrade or have you scrapped the project?
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Skuzz,
Yeah man I have not scrapped the project, there are a LOT of things I want to make here and I am in the process of trying to purchase a larger commercial CNC machining center for my shop. IT is a tedious process finding a decent used machine that will run without problems and get it installed and tooled up but it is slowly going. I have a few I am interested in and I am talking to some guys that have them for sale. Hopefully it will all come together and work out soon. I have made a bunch of parts for the fiero guys already but I really want to expand on this and get into making several nice products. These things take time. I already have a few nice fellows on here that have been waiting awhile for me to get around to making parts that they would like to see. I usually do not take money for parts until they are ready so a lot of this stuff comes from my own pocket and if things do not sell I cannot make more until I get more cash. I think once I get ready to do my brake swap things will be getting more serious about the possibilities... Why are you interested in some? Peace

Pete

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
You were talking about a full gear Vette setup earlier, right?

All the hardware (except the MC and the other miscellaneous stuff like sainless lines) would make one heck of a deal if the price was right. I just had my stock brakes rehab'd and it cost me $500 because my calipers were locked up and they ate my front rotors on the way over. If I had the parts, I would've had them upgrade everything. On the positive side, I have new front bearings.

Yeah, I'd be interested
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Man it kills me i didn't let to get my fiero fixed in time for this. But maybe another one will come down the road sometime this summer
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fyrehazrd:

Man it kills me i didn't let to get my fiero fixed in time for this. But maybe another one will come down the road sometime this summer

Would have been great if you could've made it, we all had a good time. I'm sure there will be another one before too much longer if Pete has anything to do with it. What are the details on your Fiero, if you don't mind me asking. I heard there was a white 4.9 in Abingdon a couple weeks ago at a little car show / get together they were having - was wondering if that might be you?

Ax
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
No sadly that wasn't me. I just joined the forums today but I've been admiring the forums for a while. I own a 1985 Fiero gt all i have left to do is get an EGR tube but its not going to well on the search for one. But the fiero you speak of i think i saw at the Bristol Motor Speedway at Thunder Valley.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Guys,
I am up for another run like this soon if you are willing. I know I had a great time as did my wife. The Smokies are a wonderful place to take a ride. My wife was saying that maybe we should take a run up to clingmans dome after another nice breakfast at the pantry. We could also run the dragons tail as it is not far from there at all... There is a lot that we can do here without having to get too formal. Fyre, if you are ever down in Maryville area I probably could fix your EGR tube for you. I can tig weld stainless pretty nice. I think we got in this past ride just before the weather changed. It has been pretty chilly and rainy for a couple days now. Saturday at the ride it was really nice.. Hey Axe man, where are all those HIGH res pictures you took with that wicked camera of yours???? Post em here if you can so everyone can see what fun we had!! Peace

Pete

Halcyon25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon25Send a Private Message to Halcyon25Direct Link to This Post
I too wish I could have had Renea fixed in time... But I am game for trying another run...

[This message has been edited by Halcyon25 (edited 05-17-2011).]

fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Well i can bring my egr tube but its pretty haggard the previous owner tried to weld it on.....but hey im up for a run I've yet to even drive my fiero once and all i need to do today is cover up the valve and it will be drivable. plus where im jobless at the moment and i have 200 dollars i think i could spare the time and the gas :] just give me a date and time and where could be the closest place we could all meet?
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Halcyon,
Hey man did you get your tranny problem fixed? I had a blast on this run so money permitting I am sure I will plan another one soon. Maybe next month so people have a chance to plan it ahead in time....

Fyre,
How bad is the welds on the tube? Can you post a pic? If you want to ship it to me and I can tig it up for you and then ship it back. You pay the shipping both ways of course... I do not mind helping you with my welder for free. That is of course unless the other guy really screwed it up bad.... Sometimes going behind someone else can be a real bear... peace

Pete

PFF
System Bot
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
give me one moment and ill post the pick for you if worst comes to worst my fiancée was going to get me the steel braided one off of fierostore.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
No problem, gotta go cook some dinner so post it when you can... peace

Pete
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
here it is

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Darn man that is pretty rough, where are the end pieces? I think I could cutoff the rough end a little and then tig on the end pieces if you have them.... Not sure what you think as it might make the thing too short to hook back up. Peace

Pete

fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
the end pieces actually crumbled soon as i removed this part....but i did make some...the joy of fabricating lol. but yea it would be to short i thought of that already i guess great minds think alike.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Well okay, good luck man. If it is that bad maybe a new or used one to replace it is in order... Peace

Pete
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Ya the new one is like 100 dollars at this moment where the whole factory shut down where i worked im kinda poor so i have to improvise till i can get some form of cash.
Halcyon25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon25Send a Private Message to Halcyon25Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Halcyon,
Hey man did you get your tranny problem fixed? I had a blast on this run so money permitting I am sure I will plan another one soon. Maybe next month so people have a chance to plan it ahead in time....

Pete

mmm... no, not yet... I have to wait (again) for parts cause I ordered the wrong one...
Awesome... I look forward to it...

Chris
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Pete, take a look through the images posted at this link. http://datawerks.net/Gatlinburg05152011/index.htm
I can't load the full images up here due to the size of them, so I scaled them down and put them in this web album. If there are some you want the originals of, just let me know and I'll email them to you.

Robert
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock