Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Reproduction Door Glasses For the Fiero (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Reproduction Door Glasses For the Fiero by prosource
Started on: 04-12-2012 09:10 PM
Replies: 91
Last post by: 2.5 on 01-16-2013 01:46 PM
DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdDirect Link to This Post
e-mail sent.
IP: Logged
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2012 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
hay are photo's of the different tints coming?
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump for pictures and to keep this at the top

Edit; Also wanting info on the $100 windshield

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 04-24-2012).]

BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Email sent.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

hay are photo's of the different tints coming?

Photos and what percent tint they are would be nice. Should be coming.
I hear some tints, or even glass are slightly brownish or greenish, curious on that.

A note about tint percent:
"Window Tint comes in various colors and percents. The colors range from bronze, gray, and charcoal. There are other colors but they aren’t legal to put on cars in Oregon. The percents vary from 5% (Darkest) also known as limo tint, to 50%. The percent refers to the amount of light that the tint allows through the window. Dark tint like 5% means it allows 5% of the outside light to pass through the window. 20% tint lets only 20% of the outside light through the window and so on. You can easily enhance the look of your vehicle by adding window tint. Even the lighter percents of film like 50% can make a dramatic difference to the overall look of your car."

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
I'd love them to start use'n the film that auto dark in the sun but no titn in the night,shade..
why they haven't used that on auto glass... is one of the 64th million ?'s
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
<bump>

Also, emailed, since I forgot earlier
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
email sent my man hope to hear from ya soon

------------------
"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"

jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
any info?

------------------

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
bump for updates and answers.
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
has anybody heard from this guy or is this going to end up in the archives?
PFF
System Bot
cunninghamsean

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cunninghamseanSend a Private Message to cunninghamseanDirect Link to This Post
He responded to my email on 4/15/2012 and said that he would be back in contact in June here is a portion of the email:

We will be in touch in later June once production has been confirmed. At
that time you can pay 50% deposit or the option of paying in full. Tentative
delivery will be later July or early August.

Sean
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
I am still waiting on an email notification as promised......still waiting tho.

[This message has been edited by Boogaloo (edited 05-10-2012).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation for my two sets of tinted windows.

Nelson
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I received a reply to my original email where I said I wanted 2 sets of tinted door glass but didn’t get any replies to my following emails asking for pictures of the tinted vs non tinted nor did I hear back to other emails asking about the $100 windshield he mentioned.
The other day I sent an email from a different email account again asking about the windshields and got a reply to that one. Said I send payment to him, then go to location and pick up windshield. That seems a little odd to me but I need a windshield and 100 is cheap so I may give it a shot.
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
I'm beginning to have some doubts of this ever coming to fruition. Either this guy is very busy, or the number of people who actually sent emails to him isn't enough to bother with. Still hoping for some new side window glass though.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
I can tell you this much, I am not giving this guy a nickel until he has product to show. He very well may be an honest guy but coming after the MsLoriFiero quarter window debacle, its best to be cautious. A source of quality replacement side windows would be nice to have but until this project looks real; I'll wait and see.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Well, it sounded promising... sorry I stuck my neck out.
Last think I heard was he was trying to check with other manufacturers.
I haven't contacted him in a while though.

[This message has been edited by Joe Torma (edited 05-11-2012).]

Stainless1911

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stainless1911Send a Private Message to Stainless1911Direct Link to This Post
Is this a temporary thing, or will these be continuously available? I cant afford this right now, but it would be good to know where I can get glass.
Stainless1911

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stainless1911Send a Private Message to Stainless1911Direct Link to This Post

Stainless1911

981 posts
Member since Apr 2012

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I'd love them to start use'n the film that auto dark in the sun but no titn in the night,shade..
why they haven't used that on auto glass... is one of the 64th million ?'s

I talked to some tech where they manufacture the changing tint for prescription glasses. He said that the tint is put on the outside of that glass, and that it doesnt function properly on the inside. He said that the temperatures could cause a problem, and that the film would scratch too easily. Then there is the cost...

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
I emailed Richard last night and he got back to me this morning.
The Chinese supplier backed out of the deal. He says there are 2 other possible options that he is exploring.

PFF
System Bot
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stainless1911:

I talked to some tech where they manufacture the changing tint for prescription glasses. He said that the tint is put on the outside of that glass, and that it doesnt function properly on the inside. He said that the temperatures could cause a problem, and that the film would scratch too easily. Then there is the cost...

JC Whitney sold the film years and years ago. I haven't a clue how good it was.
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Got a hopeful sounding email today...not a vaporproduct folks. He's working on it!
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
still no email still no hope not very happy

------------------

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
I'm within driving distance and if/when you have them in stock would be able to drive up on a Saturday morning and have you install them. I can pay cash on the spot. However, I don't like paying in advance from such things.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
I might be out of bounds posting this, as I am not needing any glass at the moment.

Read what it says as for date of production.

Then you can relax a bit. Ha said June quite a while ago.

Patience boys.............

This was posted: 04-13-2012 10:56 PM

Originally posted by prosource:

Thanks for the responses and I really appreciate if everyone sends me an email so i can keep track as noted. I will end up having extra sets I am sure but at least make sure we account for everyone when the time comes in June and production should be in the process/ done.
Feel free to ask general questions here so anyone who can see some frequesntly asks questions.
I am going to look for some regular factory tint glass made by FYG and post. I must have 2,000 + pictures we utilize mostly for Ebay. As for the smoked gray glass these have not been made before for this but I have some on file. I will post when i can find some that are good pictures showing the proper light. They will be more of a gray or darker bronze look. Door glasses for the front cannot be as dark a shading coefficient as the rears you will see on Trucks and sport uitlities.

As for shipping to Canada, we will send any way you prefer but we do not have a Fed Ex account set up.. we should and maybe we will again soon. I do realize UPS hits for some hefty brokerage. Of course if it was several sets split amongst a few folks it would be reasonable. I am sure there maybe a few for Ontario, Quebec and Maintoba, BC etc which maybe worthwhile.
Thanks for the response so far. I will update later next week with the totals we are having run. Richard

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 05-24-2012).]

jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
if anything comes out of this would anybody in pa or se ohio or northern md want to go in on a set to cut shipping costs? jw
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for 2 sets!!! for my 2 fieros!!

PM me when you have them and I'll send money!!
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2012 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stainless1911:

difference is your windshield is 2 panes of glass with a plastic in the middle.. your 4 eyes is single pane glass or plastic..

in a car the film would be in the middle of the two panes of glass.. the side and rear tempered glass it have to be on the outside or inside of the glass..
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

<bump>

Also, emailed, since I forgot earlier

Still haven't gotten a reply on this... I would like to -at least- know if there's any progress being made or if I should look for other sources.
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Still haven't gotten a reply on this... I would like to -at least- know if there's any progress being made or if I should look for other sources.

I think this ship has sailed. Last word was that the China suppier refused to do the production run.
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Soooooo….whatever happened to this deal? Did it go way of the several attempts to make exact reproduction GT sail panels ? Bummer if so, was really interested in a couple sets.
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexDirect Link to This Post
Dang...I got really excited this too. As far as I was concerned, less than $200 for a set of glass shipped to my door was a darn good deal, and was ready to whip out the Visa on this one.
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I emailed him the other day and got a reply. It sounds like they are still in the works but the price has changed… I think. I was going to post the reply but want to get some clarification first or possibly a reply from him would be cool to. Stay tuned.

edit to add the original post for future reference;

Originally posted by prosource:

I do want to thank Joe Torma for contacting me and keeping me abreast of what is happening with interest for these door glasses. Over the years we have sold many of the LOF & PPG produced door glasses. In the past couple of years supply has dried up and these companies are not interested in doing production runs. I will try not to get too long as I am passionate about this stuff.. do I think they do a better job than the new Chinese glass? It's not so easy anymore because some of the Chinese manufacturers are as good or even better than some of the OEM manufacturers but it depends on what the glass is- the tricky part is even if those companies were to reproduce they wouldn't be making them in the States. LOF/Pilkington would run in Mexico and PPG is no longer under that name (now known as PGW) and would probably make in Mexico or possibly China or similar place.
FYG Industries (known as Fuyao Glass) is a multi billion dollar global manufacturer that has become #1 or #2 for all replacement aftermarket glass for the US, more importantly they are now OEM on quite a few models worldwide. Since their production demand is in a growing Chinese market, it takes a littlke longer for turnaround times now. I am estimating close to 4 months from order until it arrives. That would mean August delivery time. It is possible it maybe July but I would rather figure safely.
We have sold several of the door glasses (maybe a half dozen) from Fuyao Glass in the past year or so and I will work on seeing if I can get some responses from end users. the problem is we have sold to a few of our wholesale accounts so it is more involved to get to the consumer in those instances, I am sure we can.

Ok for details. I am sure folks will be pleased with the product. We have sold thousands of FYG side windows and windshields. This is pretty easy for them to make compared to some of the newer windows that require hardware/ moldings attached..
We will not be asking for any money up front but will ask for a 50% deposit or folks can pay in full once the glass is on its way to us from the factory. We try to pay for this right away when received. If paying 50%, the balance would be due upon it arriving here. We really don't want to be stocking a lot of extra sets although I would like to believe that we will keep a few sets here for those who eventually want to spend the money.
If I place the order for next week, I would expect production to take place in June and shipment to leave late June/ early July for the States. Pricing I can get to $125 for a pair. That is based on us doing 50 sets. But you have to realize 50 sets or 60 or 70 sets doesn't really bring the price down.. we are talking a company that produces 500-1000 of a part. the other factor is I cannot afford to spend the amt of time with emails, seperste shipping, posts and processing without a fair mark up. Obviously we appreciate the business and opportunity but at $125 a set we can still do so and guarantee shipments and all that entails. As for additional costs, we usually charge $15 box/packing which will be waived for this offer. Just the usual UPS charges will be added. It runs between $25-55 freight costs shipped to most of the continental USA for 1 or 2 sets. Shipping to Canada will range from $50-95 range depending on province.. assuming fuel costs do not continue to climb. We do ship worldwide so additional rates would have to be secured.
I would prefer for everyone who wants to order to send me an email with a few particulars and I will contact you about payment and details once produced. I will be glad to post on the Forum but I am not sure how many folks in the end are serious and will buy when the time comes in June for some payment.
Please email me at : info@prosourceglassintl.com I just would like name, city and state and # of sets. By the way, we can offer the smoked gray tint for $10 more for the set. It will not be very dark because of the laws on front door glasses but should be around a 30-35% tint factor.
Feel free to email or post to this forum for additional info. Thanks again, Richard Tankel

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 07-27-2012).]

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Soooooo this aint looking good huh...that sucks too because a lot of us could have used some new door glass at a reasonable price.
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Isn't this something for Fierostore to follow up on?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I got an email beginning of Oct from Richard Tankel at prosource:

"We are just updating everyone since I am not sure who is familiar with our posts since June when we had to charge $150/ side for the factory green tint door glasses. They are now under production by LOF Made in USA and due to us early November. The UPS freight is still $42 for a pair and no box fee to members on the Forum.

If you want the grey tint it will be another 2 weeks for production and we will advise before asking for any money.
We posted the PayPal address or if payment preferred by credit card let me know. We can send a PayPal request.
We are only requiring 50% deposit of the glass, the balance due when we have here for shipment."

referring to darker tint:
"The percentage is either 30 or 35% shading coefficient- definitely darker than the green but referred to as grey. I am going to get pictures of up on the Forum that is very similar to the grey being produced.
Keep in mind grey tint will be $160 and we expect that run in a couple of weeks. If you want the grey let me know and we will contact you in 2 weeks for deposit. That's looking like later November arrival."
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexDirect Link to This Post
whoa...so we went from $125/pair to $300/pair? That's a heck of a price jump...
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the Chinese manufacturer was unable to reliably produce glass shaped like ours. That part of it shatters our dreams of cheap glass. But, on the upside, is there any question of the quality of glass made by LOF?

I ordered 2 sets.
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I got the same email. That's a real bummer, i was all set to get 1 possibly 2 sets of tinted glass but now @ $300 - $320 a set i'm going to have to pass.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock