Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Went to Pull-a-Part..saw the worst rust I have ever seen (on a Fiero) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Went to Pull-a-Part..saw the worst rust I have ever seen (on a Fiero) by mattwa
Started on: 04-27-2012 10:29 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: mattwa on 06-06-2012 10:53 PM
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I agree it wasn't the best purchase, but it's a much different Fiero then it was 4 years ago.

There are more than one Fiero owner that has invested a good amount of money before finding the rust. Most do the only thing they can and invest more to fix the car. The ones who get hurt are the ones that are beyond fixing. I hate seening that as it really puts a bitter taste in peoples mouths toward the Fiero.

Luckily most rust issues are fixable.
IP: Logged
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yea I see that too often myself. Good thing I found out earlier about the rust problems. Luckly the other two fiero's we have are rust free.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
That car looks like it was parked about 10 miles south of Key West for a few years!
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump since I saw this car yesterday again..it's just even more stripped now.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
we live in the rust belt, for sure. Of course, this is a conspiracy with the auto manufacturers.... salt on roads = rusty car and you have to replace it
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
matt did you see the georgia inspection sticker in the windshield?
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

we live in the rust belt, for sure. Of course, this is a conspiracy with the auto manufacturers.... salt on roads = rusty car and you have to replace it

Yea I know, the average life of a car is 12-14 years so I read, they just were not designed to last nearly 30 years.

Originally posted by Tstang429:

matt did you see the georgia inspection sticker in the windshield?

No I didn't. Who knows how this happened to this poor car, but whatever it was, it was bad.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 06-06-2012).]

sebw8891

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sebw8891Send a Private Message to sebw8891Direct Link to This Post
must have sat in mud its whole life
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yep I remember that one now, I even posted in it then. I'm pretty sure this car would have done the exact same thing if I could try it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock