Started on: 06-08-2012 05:25 PM
Replies: 38
Last post by: JohnnyV on 06-20-2012 07:56 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
The only thing I would change is the mirrors other than this looks to be a real clean kit..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item41669879e1
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SkyeBologna

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkyeBolognaClick Here to visit SkyeBologna's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkyeBolognaDirect Link to This Post
I like it very much but why go that far and stop at the interior???
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIERODirect Link to This Post
Needs a 3800SC in it also. All you get is the kit but it looks good.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SkyeBologna:

I like it very much but why go that far and stop at the interior???

Go that far and stop at the engine???
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
It is a really nice looking kit... certainly one of the better Testarossa replicas I've seen as well, though not quite as up to par as say John Dorr's (?) replica. Us Fiero afficiendos would notice the side glass and windshield pretty quickly, but most others wouldn't. I have to agree with the other observations too... the interior is a dead give-away (something would have to be done about the sagging headliner that looks like it's been tacked up with thumb tacks). The stock engine and interior are excusable if the car is a work in progress (like 99% of cars are). Nice find!

BTW, as strange as they appear, the first Testarossa's (in '84 I believe) had only one rear view mirror mounted way up high on the A pillar just like that.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
True but even still though.. he has it priced very nicely for what it is.. i dont think you could put one together for under 14K.. its a nice base to work off of and i think its on an 88 to..
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post
Just an amazing deal
- Low mile 88 fiero -
- Very very nice kit more exact than I think people know (not talking about glass though).

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-08-2012).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Keep your foot off the gas, the rear lid closed, do the interiour over, adjust the ride-height and you will fool quite a few ppl... to be honest with ya, the penel alighnment looks VERY good; usually that a dead give away w/ most kits...
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I want the dash...
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
All that time money and effort into a kit car of that caliber and they build it on a low option model with crank windows and use push pins to hold up the headliner.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 06-09-2012).]

Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me or does that engine look "fishy" like it does not have 40,000 miles on it, and the fact the plenum is not engraved like I seen 87s and 88s have. Diddnt the plenum come engraved in 88?

I am willing to bet that engine is not the same one that came with that chassis.

HOWEVER! the positives, that car looks REAL sharp! Very nice bodywork on it. I would, however, find a better way to mount the mirrors...

like this:
PFF
System Bot
Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaDirect Link to This Post
that thing looks pretty awsome on the outside.

------------------

lrn2internet

The Redbull Fiero

'86 SE v6
88fieroduke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierodukeSend a Private Message to 88fierodukeDirect Link to This Post
I live by Becker mn, tempted to look at it. no money for it though
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
It does look good more convincing than the others posted recently. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087736.html
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racing_Master:Is it just me or does that engine look "fishy" like it does not have 40,000 miles on it, and the fact the plenum is not engraved like I seen 87s and 88s have. Diddnt the plenum come engraved in 88?

I am willing to bet that engine is not the same one that came with that chassis.

That is an engraved top plenum. It has a plate on it.

Non-engraved '85-'86 plenums had a 1" wide logo bar with a sticker on it. The engraved plenum has a 2" logo bar with 'Fiero' engraved. Both have six additional raised portions, 3 above and 3 below the logo, that extend out to the runners. That one is obviously the wider one so it's the engraved plenum with some sort of thin plate attached.

And I very much like that car. The mirrors are probably a good thing to have like they are, considering how wide the rear of the car is. The interior and rest of it I could live with (nothing a good tint can't cover up for a while).

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 06-09-2012).]

BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
I was amazed at the low price for the car. It seems well put together, correct dimensions. Just swap the motor and no one will get to see the interior

[This message has been edited by BOBBY D (edited 06-09-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Farely easy to notice the car is a fake. The door is the first give away for it is "boxie" and squared. Next is the door windows for they are Fiero windows. The real windows are raked back a few degrees. The font windshield isn't lenghtened for it appears to be a Fiero front windshield. Since the windshield is off the front hood is off as well. The area behind the front tire isn't the same as the original, even the reflectors are way off, and as mentioned the side window is way off. Even the mirrors are in the wrong location. Factor in the A-pillar and you really have kit that looks like the real thing from 200 yards away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...item27c7b0f11a#v4-51

For 42k you can have the real thing.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-09-2012).]

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racing_Master:

Is it just me or does that engine look "fishy" like it does not have 40,000 miles on it, and the fact the plenum is not engraved like I seen 87s and 88s have. Diddnt the plenum come engraved in 88?

My guess is that possibly he just swapped plenums to be a little more discreet of the fact that it's a Fiero. As for the condition of the engine bay...I agree it doesn't look like a 40k mile specimen, but it mainly looks like a lot of oxidation and just dust. My bet is it sat outside.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Don't forget about the low insurance cost and the low cost of maintenance for a real Testarossa.
-The engine needs to be removed every 30,000 miles (or five years) to change the timing belts and adjust the valves. While the twelve-cylinder is out, Garcia replaces all the seals, bearings, and wear parts. The procedure costs up to $8000. And then halfway between each major service is a minor one, which costs about half that much. And annual fluids ain't cheap either.

And the reserve has not been met and the car is not for sale for 42k. C'mon

Yep it's Fake but it's nice - I'm sure others would and have/will agree. And 200 yards - "C'mon really"

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-09-2012).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
What a surprise! A non Fiero rebody that Curly doesn't approve of. If only it was a modified Fiero body.

Farely easy to notice the car is a fake. The door is the first give away for it is "boxie" and squared. Next is the door windows for they are Fiero windows. The real windows are raked back a few degrees. The font windshield isn't lenghtened for it appears to be a Fiero front windshield. Since the windshield is off the front hood is off as well. The area behind the front tire isn't the same as the original, even the reflectors are way off, and as mentioned the side window is way off. Even the mirrors are in the wrong location. Factor in the A-pillar and you really have kit that looks like the real thing from 200 yards away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...item27c7b0f11a#v4-51

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

What a surprise! A non Fiero rebody that Curly doesn't approve of. If only it was a modified Fiero body.

Pzzzz. Wrong answer.

12-14-2011 01:02 PM
The best looking replica ever made IMHO. Makes all other replicas look stupid. Notice the details, the frame, the body, the windows, and last if not least the engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...NR4s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watc...lpp_video&playnext=1

I think he missed the mark on the hood vents, but you're thrown off by the build., but seriously, if you're trying to fool somebody at least get the exterior right and never leave the 2.8 in the back.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Don't forget about the low insurance cost and the low cost of maintenance for a real Testarossa.
-The engine needs to be removed every 30,000 miles (or five years) to change the timing belts and adjust the valves. While the twelve-cylinder is out, Garcia replaces all the seals, bearings, and wear parts. The procedure costs up to $8000. And then halfway between each major service is a minor one, which costs about half that much. And annual fluids ain't cheap either.

And the reserve has not been met and the car is not for sale for 42k. C'mon

Yep it's Fake but it's nice - I'm sure others would and have/will agree. And 200 yards - "C'mon really"

Then swap the expensive parts out and opt for LS7/Porsche trans. Wouldn't you be ahead of the game? The result is a reliable car with less expensive parts to maintain. You'll have the real deal with American muscle in the back instead of trying to fake it with a kit that is clearly missing the mark that's ineed of a power plant. Besides, a member on here has a real Ferrari.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post

...instead of trying to fake it with a kit that is clearly missing the mark that's ineed of a power plant.

Oh God, you're not going to ruin yet another kit car thread you didn't start with your hypocritical anti-kit car crusade that nobody cares to hear, are you? From this thread www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/074026-6.html you'd think you would have learned that people who live in (fiber) glass houses shouldn't throw stones. We have lots of rocks too.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post

Wouldn't you be ahead of the game?

Game? your game? Is this a game?

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-10-2012).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
That looks like a very nice build.

A lot of people don't appreciate just how hard it is to build one of these to this level of quality.

It looks like it's built from the IRM level 2 molds. In the level 3 version of the molds, there were provisions for having vents on top of the rear sail panels Also in level 3 the hood had the correct cutouts for the wiper blades. And level 3 had the front wheel well openings corrected. Also, the level 3 roof was a one pc. deal that had the "A" pillars & roof section as all one piece. It didn't have the seam at the top of the "A" pillar where it meets the roof.

The T.R. kits are real hard to come by these days. I have the IRM level 3 molds that I bought from Ray 15+ years ago. For the Buy It Now price, you couldn't come close to having enough money to build your own.

The wheels are HRE's from back in the day. You can't get them anymore. A similar wheel used to be available, it was the Compomotive Model TS wheel. Both were very popular on replicas back in the day & neither are available anymore.

This car was stretched 7.5"(as I remember) & the stretch typically was done 5" behind the rear window. Typically they were also dropped at the same time as the stretch was done. By Dropped, I mean that once the chassis was cut for the stretch, the rear of the front part of the chassis was dropped 1.5" with the front end of the rear part of the chassis remaining at the same height & then the stretch was done to include that "Step". WWhat that did was to angle the windshield back & make the roofline slope down sooner (more like the original car).

Archie

I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IDirect Link to This Post
That Testarossa kit would be a great car and deal at twice the price and imo all it needs is a V8 Archie engine conversion and someone would have a REAL awesome ride!

@MadCurl....LOL....you truly are mad if you would butcher and make a mongrel out of a genuine Ferrari and yet also be foolish enough to talk down to people who can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear Fiero.

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 06-10-2012).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I think that I may be in danger of agreeing with Curly a bit here. I've seen salvage super cars for sale with a blown engine or transmission and if the price was right I would buy one and replace the drivetrain with American hardware. It's the look of the exotic cars that I like, not the high maintenance. Also I'm not the one who has to have everything exactly like the original. I know what I like.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Curly is just showing off his knowledge not really slamming the builder. The add suggests the build is correct and Madcurl could save one of you from believing it is accurate. So many claim to be near perfect when it is a nice replica but fail to show it is far from a clone. I tend to agree we want to really be fooled for once.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Curly is just showing off his knowledge not really slamming the builder.

You must be kidding... either that or you haven't read any of the hate he's written in the thread I quoted, which would give you some context for his remarks in here.

Originally posted by Madcurl:

... makes all other replicas look stupid

Originally posted by Madcurl:

you really have kit that looks like the real thing from 200 yards away.

These aren't the kind of comments one makes when one is simply "showing off his knowledge".

Edit to add: Besides, if you're going to be critical of something to show off your knowledge, you should at least make sure your comments are correct. The original Testarossa mirror was located up high. Others then added a second mirror on the passenger side to make it more symmetrical.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 06-12-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post

Bloozberry

7760 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Lets have a closer look at a real Testarossa and the kit in the ad:

Apart for the minor shape differences of the glass (which was mentioned by several people) I see no evidence of boxier doors, the area behind the front tire being different, nor the reflectors being way off either. Ferrari and Fiero afficiendos excluded, who here really thinks that the kit only looks like the real thing from 200 yards away?
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it looks to be a nice kit that's been well assembled. I'd buy it.

Nolan
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
I may be biased here.....but if you ever get the chance to see and ride in one of the REAL Ferrari Testarossa's you will understand why I say it is such a beautiful car. The back end looks a mile wide and the car is so low and sleek looking that pictures really do it no justice. Personally I prefer black or silver. The kit shown here is quite authentic aside from a few minute details and while I am certainly not above buying or building a kit car this one is very well done. I can also certainly agree with the fantasy that you can have a car that looks identical to amazing supercars like this but also have a powerful easily serviced engine under the decklid and be able to actually afford to drive the damn thing. No wonder so many of these Ferrari originals have such low mileage, you almost can't afford to maintain them I guess hehehe JK. Peace

Pete

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
I think the differences in the replica as opposed to the real thing are miniscle at best, and pointing them out is just grasping at straws that shouldn't be grasped at. The replica is well-put together. The body very closely mimics the real vehicle, the dimensions are very close, and a good amount of work and effort was put into it's construction. The interior and the drivetrain aside, the vehicle in it's current status would do a very good job of it's purpose - replicating a Ferrari Testarossa. Honestly 99% percent of the individuals that see the car traveling down the road are not going to know the difference - they aren't. Plain and simple and no one can refute that. How many people seriously see a real Ferrari Testarossa on a daily basis? Yeah. I thought so.

If anything too, many of the items on the replica do a good job for their purpose. I personally like the more vertical lines utilizing the Fiero OEM windows. It gives it that period-ish late 80's/early 90's car look and goes well with the more box-ish look of the Testarossa. I REALLY like the old-school HRE's, and personally I think the deeper dish rears look really good. This is one short-coming on the real car that I've never understood is why the rear wheels sit so 'flush' against the body. My biggest visual difference that I can tell is the door vents and the area leading up to the rear wheels. That area on the replica is not as refined as on the real car. However, the correct stance of the car more than makes up for the short-comings in this area.

The mirrors should not be bashed. The primary reason the mirrors sat so high on many examples of these cars is simply the car exceeded the maximum allowed width in many European markets. The mirrors had to be placed high up on the pillars so they wouldn't rub against other vehicles or - more importantly - walking pedestrians. Some have argured why not more flexible mirrors like on a Countach, but do you seriously think solid black mirrors bulking out of the car would look right on a Testarossa? Exactly. That's one downfall of the Countach I've never understood is why it has that ugly-as-mess side mirrors. Another reason why I personally would perfer the higher up mirrors is if you have ever sat in a real one, you would know that there is actually a good blind spot right around the hip area of the rear. Rear visibility is good out of the center mirror and through the rear window because it's so large, but on cars with the mirrors on the lower portion of the A pillar it can be difficult to see over the Testarossa's large rear hips sitting so low in it, even with proper mirror adjustment. The higher up mirrors help with this problem.

On the topic of swapping out the actual Ferrari drivetrain out of a real car, in this case I think that would be one of the biggest mistakes one could make, and especially with the current car in question is one of the silliest ideas to consider. It makes sense on paper and in thought, but you have to factor the true nature of what it takes to own one of these cars. I'll elaborate.

I believe DeLorean00 a while back was thinking about purchasing a Testarossa, since he came across one that potentially seemed like a "good deal." I truly believe these cars are going to be one of the good classic Ferraris that will be currently "affordable" that serious collectors should make an attempt to collect. Here's the reason why. There's an issue that has to be understood when people obtain a caliber of car collecting at this level. It's one thing to go out and purchase a real Ferrari, like a good 308 or a 348 like Falcon Fiero recently purchased here on the forum. Those are good cars to own, and they make a good statement as a centerpiece for a 'weekend driver' item or a 'fun' car to collect. However, when you obtain a level of multiple exotic collecting there is one thing that all serious collectors always want to add to a collection - an Italian-built 12 cylinder engine. Now think about the current status of Italian-made V12 cars in existence. Most of them are EXTREMELY difficult to obtain. The beloved Countach - for even a lower-end example - is still going to run a serious buyer into six-figure territory. Other V12 Lamborghinis also range six-figure, unless you settle for an early 90's Diablo, which can be found in good condition (maybe not necessarily collectable condition) for very high five-figures.

The Testarossa - even with the major 30,000 mile services performed - can be found for $50K-$70K. This is a very good thing for potential collectors that want to get into the exotic V12 market. Consider that when this car was new there was a VERY LONG waiting list to get on it - so long, that some buyers actually didn't receive their cars. Since many car makers are now trying to get away from very large engines to more smaller units in exotics like eight and ten cylinders with smaller displacement but more power, the Testarossa may be one of the last real exotic Ferrari cars that brings the magic of obtainable V12 power. For sure you're going to have the more exotic offerings like the twin-turbo V8 F40 or the majestic Enzo, but the 'red head' Testarossa is only going to increase in value. The thing will be is people are going to have to be willing to spend $50k+ and simply hold onto the car for a decade or so. If you can do that, your investment will be well rewarded.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 06-12-2012).]

weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
I drive my cars, not collect them.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weaselbeak:
I drive my cars, not collect them.

Yes, but you might be tempted to leave it parked more often if it cost you the following prices for a few common genuine ignition components:

Distributor Cap: #fr71318801 $249.95 ea
Distributor Cap gasket, cork: #TR119409 $12.95 ea
Distributor Rotor: #fr126139 $149.95 ea
Distributor cap center carbon pad & spring, all models: #fr14056 $24.95 ea
Distributor Condenser, 2 wire, V6, 8 & 12: #fr0073 $69.95
Distributor Cap Rubber Boot, right: #TR13954r $149.95
Distributor Cap Rubber Boot, left: #TR13954l $149.95
Ignition Power Module with coil, Testarossa, through 1989: #fr12427 $575.00 ea
Spark Plug Extender: #fr12479 $19.95 ea
OEM ignition wire set, Testarossa, #9915 $679.00 set
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Yes, but you might be tempted to leave it parked more often if it cost you the following prices for a few common genuine ignition components:

Distributor Cap: #fr71318801 $249.95 ea
Distributor Cap gasket, cork: #TR119409 $12.95 ea
Distributor Rotor: #fr126139 $149.95 ea
Distributor cap center carbon pad & spring, all models: #fr14056 $24.95 ea
Distributor Condenser, 2 wire, V6, 8 & 12: #fr0073 $69.95
Distributor Cap Rubber Boot, right: #TR13954r $149.95
Distributor Cap Rubber Boot, left: #TR13954l $149.95
Ignition Power Module with coil, Testarossa, through 1989: #fr12427 $575.00 ea
Spark Plug Extender: #fr12479 $19.95 ea
OEM ignition wire set, Testarossa, #9915 $679.00 set

What I meant was I don't care about originality or what it's worth 10 years after I'm dead. I'll take a Chevy V8 or N*, ot 3800, whatever gives decent performance. They can keep their magic number 12 and it's expense.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Understood. I was just pointing out that there's more than one reason why people who own real Testarossa's might not use them as daily drivers. They take two of those distributor caps by the way. Can you imagine paying $1500 for a pair of caps and rotors, and a set of plug wires? It's no wonder the kit car market flourished.

Side by side comparison's are the most brutal test of a replica's authenticity, so I came up with another shot. Even here, it's hard to tell which one is the real one unless you're knowledgeable about the very fine details.

I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IDirect Link to This Post
The 'smart' money would buy the replica, swap the motor, drive the sh*t outta it and be proud of the fact it was based on a Fiero!
JohnnyV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyVSend a Private Message to JohnnyVDirect Link to This Post
I dont know how to post the images, but if anyone is interested shoot me your E-mail, and I can send some pictures of my Testarossa replica next to a real one, and they look pretty close.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock