Started on: 11-08-2004 07:51 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: jstricker on 11-08-2004 09:15 PM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
It's not easy to find out these things by searching the Net... takes so long and I may not get accurate info. My younger son is asking me to find out how much new AND used Peterbilts and Kenworths cost. He didn't specify any particular engine/tranny or options. Anybody got some estimates I can give him?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cccharlie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
With the price of fuel going out of sight, there are many independent truckers putting their trucks up for sale, this is not a career I would recommend given today's freight cost and the going price for hauling. I have several friends selling their rigs cause they can no longer afford to make the payments and cover the cost of insurance and fuel and get home once in a while. Trucks in the area in decent shape are selling for under 10 K with as little as 250,000 miles on them, trailers, well that's another story, depends on what you planning, a 48 foot box trailer can be had for anywhere between 4 and 8 K, depending on condition, sometimes even less, reefers vary greatly, but plan on an additional 4 to 7 K. Don't know much about flat beds.

------------------
Ron
aka: Blackrams

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
WOW, trucks are so cheap there. Some of the trucks listed there for say $35,000 sell for $150,000 over here.
On the fuel issue I wouldn't exactly say the USA has expensive fuel. It is the cheapest fuel in the western world.

------------------

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2004 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Cheever, go down to the 7-11 and buy a copy of the Big Truck Trader, it's with the other Autotrader publications. All the new and used truck prices you could want.

JazzMan

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Well, there are Trucks and there are trucks. This is what I'd like to have for my next service/farm truck.

IHC Just started selling THIS and they are retailing for about $110,000 with a DT466, 220HP and several transmission choices. It would make a really sweet race car hauler. Just what I need, a $110,000 truck, $50,000 trailer, all to pull a $3,000 race car. Yep, sounds about right.

I bought this truck and trailer about 10 years ago. 1980 IHC cabover with a 435hp Detroit and 10speed. 42" Timpte grain trailer. The trailer is a '92 model and it cost me a little over $14,000, the truck was in very good shape and only had about 350,000 miles on it and I got it for $6,500. Both will still bring close to that today even after 10 years.

Cabovers are ALWAYS cheaper than conventionals because they ride a lot rougher sitting right over the front wheels as you do. The guys that make their living every day in one hate cabovers. For our use, getting in and out of tight elevators, it's perfect and we don't do long hauls.

A 5 year old conventional with about 600,000 miles or so will bring about $35,000 depending on all the things that used vehicles depend on. A new truck, with stand up sleeper, 500 hp, 13 speed, air ride suspension and cab, the whole enchilada, will be in the $200,000 range, but that price varies widely because the equiipment varies so much.

John Stricker

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 11-08-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock