Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  PFF member in bad accident tonight!!! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
PFF member in bad accident tonight!!! by mattm
Started on: 11-15-2004 10:03 PM
Replies: 128
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 11-22-2004 03:03 AM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
I've talked to/with him a few times in chat, always a good guy. Get better soon, we'll be waiting for ya in the chat room!
IP: Logged
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

RWDPLZ

15046 posts
Member since May 2002
From the news link:

"Driver Jeremy Schott and passenger Stephen Plumby are 16; Michael Peckenschneider is 18. Schott's 2000 Pontiac Sunfire was northbound on Ramona Road at an "apparent high rate of speed," according to a report from state police at Jonestown, when he lost control of the vehicle. It spun counterclockwise across the southbound lane before the passenger side slammed into a wood utility pole, snapping it in two and coming to rest wrapped partially around the pole."

"...it took an hour for workers to remove the car's roof to reach Plumby and Peckenschneider, who were trapped inside. Plumby and Peckenschneider were also flown by helicopter to Hershey."

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
my prayers and sympathy go out to all that is affected by this. Its a shame this had to happen. God Bless. John
mattm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Steve's dad. He is concious, and they are going to remove the breathing tube this evening. He has a small skull fracture, 2 broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a 9" titanium rod in his leg. The doctors are expecting a good recovery. I'm going to be heading up there now. I'll post more info later.

Thank you everyone for everything, Matt

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattm:

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Steve's dad. He is concious, and they are going to remove the breathing tube this evening. He has a small skull fracture, 2 broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a 9" titanium rod in his leg. The doctors are expecting a good recovery. I'm going to be heading up there now. I'll post more info later.

Thank you everyone for everything, Matt

Thank goodness.

Hope he can type soon cause I'm going to really lay into him when I get him in the chat!!!!!!!

------------------
Capable of extraordinary mental processes, such as mental telepathy POKEY transmits his super psychic forces To will steve(derangedsheep) back to health.
Save the Sheep.
Member of the get your azz better brigade.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 11-17-2004).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16203 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by JKFIERO:

What can I say..............

Of course, they, along with their families, will be in my thoughts and prayers.
I pray that they both recover fully.

But a person is dead. Needlessly. What the hell was the driver thinking???
Sorry. The anger just comes out on issues like this.

This subject just came up at the coast run.It's one thing to endanger yourself but when you have passengers I really get upset.
Another thing that has been bothering me is the influence some of us have over younger drivers.We really should start thinking about safety and training a bit more.Some of you are shaking your head right now saying you're one to talk.Well your right and thats why I am thinking about it now.
I don't want to be the guy spoiling the party but I think at the very least we could evaluate our members and place them accordingly in the group.I hate rules but we should come up with some guidelines for our runs.
I'm probably not going to change but i will try and give a better impression to our younger members from now on.
First bit of advice would be to passengers.If you're in a car with someone driving stupid don't just hope you make it open your mouth and say something.

sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
Its good to hear he's going to be okay! Thank goodness!
Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

I'm glad to hear that our prayers were answered.

We had better start praying for the driver of the car also. If he makes it he is looking at a vehicular manslaughter charge.

When my Father was a teenager, he was in an accident where two of his friends were killed. His friend was going 100 plus and weaving from side to side goofing off when it lost control on a curve. The car went off the side of the road and barrell-rolled four times. The driver and passenger were killed, and my Father and another friend in the backseat were ejected.(The only thing that saved their lives according to what he said.) He ended up face down on the shore of a lake a few hundred feet from where the car came to rest.

My Father spend 6 weeks in the hospital recovering with many broken bones. He still has a spot on his leg where you can almost see the bone. (It was shattered.)

He said that when the police interviewed him, they told him that if his friend had lived, he would be charged with Inv. Manslaughter. (I don't think they had vehicular then.)

This guy is awfully young to go through something like this. I pray for him also.

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6

88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there sheepy... aka Steve...

I'll be prayin for you and "the driver"

keep me posted matt

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

This subject just came up at the coast run.It's one thing to endanger yourself but when you have passengers I really get upset.
Another thing that has been bothering me is the influence some of us have over younger drivers.We really should start thinking about safety and training a bit more.Some of you are shaking your head right now saying you're one to talk.Well your right and thats why I am thinking about it now.
I don't want to be the guy spoiling the party but I think at the very least we could evaluate our members and place them accordingly in the group.I hate rules but we should come up with some guidelines for our runs.
I'm probably not going to change but i will try and give a better impression to our younger members from now on.
First bit of advice would be to passengers.If you're in a car with someone driving stupid don't just hope you make it open your mouth and say something.

I think you should start another thread for this. I will try and dig up the old thread on speed drving in groups and finding ways to slow things down so the less experienced / less prepaired cars and drivers dont get them selfs hurt. It has been a serious problem in our club when one person has 10+ years driving experience a car that is lowered, big wide wheels, and tires, better brakes, front and rear sway bars, and perfect suspension boots it, only to find a newbee driver with worn out stock suspension tries to keep up with him. The only thing that can happen is bad things.

------------------
85GT 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam and Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post
mattm, I assume you'll be the go between? Keep us up to date!

I hope that skull fracture didnt derange that sheep more than he already was.

I ride a bike around town more than I drive--30 miles per day usually. The last thing I want to see in my helmet mirror is an airborne Pontiac. Someday a driver like that is going to mow me down, I just know it.

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattm:

I just got off the phone with Steve's dad. He is concious, and they are going to remove the breathing tube this evening.

That's great news!

I quickly made this for anyone that would like to wish him well:

PFF Get Well Soon page

I've made it in black & white so it can be printed. Maybe if there are enough messages, somebody can print it out and give/mail it to him?

Please note this is a simple system. Once you have entered your message, you cannot edit (or delete) it. If you've made a huge mistake in your message, please let me know and I can edit it for you manually. But I'd rather have you double check what you enter.

Anyway, pass it on to other PFF members as well.

mattm

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
Jake(weponhead) and I just got home from visiting Steve. He was awake and talking for most of the visit. He will have a long road ahead of him to recover. But, he's in good spirits considering the situation. If anyone would like to send get well cards, his address it:

Steve Plumby
19 Ladybug Lane
Myerstown, Pa 17067

Matt

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
Hello Everyone this is derangedsheeps dad. THANK YOU ALL!!! for your thoughts and prayers for Steves quick recovery. I have read through your messages and told him of all of your prayers. He knows you are all pulling for him. He told me the only thing that hurts right now is his broken toe. I was told after he gets out of the ICU the hospital will get him a laptop with wireless access so he will be back in touch with you. Just dont know how soon it will be. God bless all of you and please keep him in your prayers.

Deranged Dad.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

That's great news!

I quickly made this for anyone that would like to wish him well:

PFF Get Well Soon page

I've made it in black & white so it can be printed. Maybe if there are enough messages, somebody can print it out and give/mail it to him?

Please note this is a simple system. Once you have entered your message, you cannot edit (or delete) it. If you've made a huge mistake in your message, please let me know and I can edit it for you manually. But I'd rather have you double check what you enter.

Anyway, pass it on to other PFF members as well.

Great idea Cliff.

------------------
Capable of extraordinary mental processes, such as mental telepathy POKEY transmits his super psychic forces To will steve(derangedsheep) back to health.
Save the Sheep.

sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
And he complains only about his toe....what a trooper! But, thats sounds about right for him!
derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to tell you all just how lucky Steve is. I picked up what was left of his clothes in the emergency room right after his mom and i got to the hospital. They were wet with gas and still are. Everytime i think about that i thank God there was no fire. Someone was watching out for him in a big way.

I have printed your Get Well Cards and will give them to Steve tomorrow.

Thanks Again and God Bless

derranged dad

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I've read Steve's posts and he seems a pretty good guy. It's tragic he is involved in this accident and I feel for all the parents. I have two teenage daughters who are driving, and I constantly worry for them. From the sometimes anonymous folks on the internet to you derangedsheep (and dad) we are looking forward to hearing from him again although I'm sure he will be a different person after this.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Cool card Cliff! Added myself to it. Glad to hear he's doing a bit better today.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
its good to hear that he is doing good, best wishes
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by derangedsheep:

I forgot to tell you all just how lucky Steve is. I picked up what was left of his clothes in the emergency room right after his mom and i got to the hospital. They were wet with gas and still are. Everytime i think about that i thank God there was no fire. Someone was watching out for him in a big way.

I have printed your Get Well Cards and will give them to Steve tomorrow.

Thanks Again and God Bless

derranged dad

Ha Ha You are now officially known as derranged dad.

------------------
Save the Sheep.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 11-17-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hope he gets well soon. I was involved in a bad car accident in 1999 in which my right femor was shattered into more than 6 major pieces. I now have a rod and screws in there that I will carry forever and it still gives me pain from time to time. This is definately a bad part of the body to have an injury and I wish Steve good luck with his recovery.

------------------
power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Custom Chip Burning | Fiero Engine Conversions | Turbocharging | www.gmtuners.com

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
sorry it happened, i hope you get better soon!

Joel

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Everybody please leave a message at the PFF Get Well Soon page.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Bump.

Done! (and another bump)

Thanks Cliff!

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2004 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Bump.

That is too cool Cliff.

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Cliff this is truely an awesome idea. I would + you for it but it won't allow multiples

Mattm- please keep the updates coming as you receive them. And thanks for posting his mailing address.

Lori

------------------

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
That is awesome news!!! Sounds like he is doing much better.
Jordan even remembers his Fiero with the sheep on top of it and wants to send him a get well gift
Get better soon deranged, our prayers are with you and your family.

Steve

------------------

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I just now saw the thread. I've added my wishes to the Get Well page. (Great idea! Thanks, Cliff!)

I'll be adding my prayers to the chorus for a speedy recovery.
Rest in peace Lorena. My prayers are with you and your family as well.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I added my get well wishes too Cliff, thanks.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck to you Steve!! I have left my message for you on the get Well Page!!

This proves that we are a family here in our little Fiero world...makes one proud to be a member!!

Dan

------------------

www.cfogi.org

PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
I like this kind of thread a lot better than the troll infested ones.

Keep getting better, Steve.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump cause he isn't back yet to bump it himself.

------------------
Save the Sheep.

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe I missed this thread.
I will be saying a prayer for sure for Steves recovery.

I see it too often, and it really bothers me. This sort of thing

Stript96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stript96Send a Private Message to Stript96Direct Link to This Post
Your in my prayers...This belongs stickied to the page IMHO

------------------
96 Trans am For sale high 13's car..
70 Mach 1 First car (GU Resto in 97
95 Ranger cuz we all need a winter beater

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Another bump.

PFF Get Well Soon page

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11746 posts
Member since Jan 99
PS, the last post on that page:

Nov 18 2004, 5:18pm (EST)

Hey everyone. My mom and I just got home. He's doing great! The neck brace is off and he was in a wheel-chair earlier and eating chicken tenders. He didn't eat to much, he got tired pretty quickly. Thank you all so much for your support it really means a lot to all of us . . . especially Steve.

Thanks,
Dan (Sheep's Brother)

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Cool. The news is getting better everyday
88red4cyl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post
It's great to hear that he is getting better.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Nov 18 2004, 5:18pm (EST)

Hey everyone. My mom and I just got home. He's doing great! The neck brace is off and he was in a wheel-chair earlier and eating chicken tenders. He didn't eat to much, he got tired pretty quickly. Thank you all so much for your support it really means a lot to all of us . . . especially Steve.

Thanks,
Dan (Sheep's Brother)

Wait a sec..... he's mobile.... and eating chicken tenders.... BEFORE coming online here? Man, are his priorities screwed up

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock