Started on: 08-28-2006 07:12 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Snowcrash on 08-29-2006 11:07 AM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Not the cat, but the front loader. I've seen them with the front loading scoops, jack hammers, sod layers, and today I saw it with a street cleaning attachment.

These things are super versatile. I'm just curious how many attachments and functions can these bad boys do?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
neyven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neyvenSend a Private Message to neyvenDirect Link to This Post
lol how many different things did you want it to do

http://www.bobcat.com/products/att/thumbnails/index.html
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have also seen them be used as stunt vehicles. Pretty spectacular.
BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysDirect Link to This Post
Very versatile! Only drawbacks that I have found would be access to the seat...real pain to get in and out...particularly if you have a large frame or any arthritis....that and they can tend to get hung up when on soft surfaces. BBTs
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jim!!

I have a S185 turbo with high flow set up for the concrete breaker and the grinder.
Also has a 2 speed switch for high speed travel and aus pumps with additional rear quik couplers.
I am thinking of adding a front swing door and air conditioning.
4n1 hd loader bucket scraper clamp dozer digger margarita machine 3 augers tilt tach scarifier rotovator tiller standardbucket mower logsplitter.

When I was younger I used to do krazy stuff on them but that was back when I was renting them.
I own this one free and clear. I wash it more than I wash my Fieros!!!
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh I soooo want a Bobcat! My uncle had one of the first Bobcat types made and even back then they were amazing!
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
When I worked at Knoxville Rail Bearing, we used to race them in a dirt oval we made out back
We had 3 of them, each had a number spray painted ont he side, # 3, # 6 and # 9 I always drove #9.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
The company I work for has a Caterpilller 257B. Cat's equivalent of a Bobcat. Super easy to operate and tons of attachments. Jack hammers, bush hogs, sweepers are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Hell, if I can operate it, anyone can. I can do a lot of things, but operating large equipment is not my forte'.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 08-28-2006).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
well, my father had a case 1840 which is the same as a bobcat, and i tell you, on flat ground they are excellent machines, he had a backhoe attachment for his, but around here, you cant go up and down hills very well, he drove his over the hill behind our house, and couldnt get back out unless he drove out backwards with the blade down to keep it from tipping over, he tried driving forwards and the front end would start to lift off the ground.....

we've owned terramite's for 15+ years now and wont switch over to anything else, they are super safe, very versitile, and cheap.

my fathers owned a t5, t5d and now a t7, and if they made a dozer he'd probably buy a terramite dozer, but like stated, the bobcat is great for flat ground or small hills, but a mountainous area is not ideal for them.

matthew
cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
I rented one for a day when I was helping my sis and bro-in-law build their house.

Took a while to wipe the dirt and the smile off my face.

Gotta give bobcat operators some respect though. Bobcats have NO suspension, and the next day I felt it in my back. Nothing serious, but I suspect that the affect would add up over time.

Of course, I put in quite a bit more than a full workday with the bobcat, cuz I wanted to get my money's worth.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Years ago a buddy and I rented a Bobcat to make some money clearing snow from parking lots during our once-a-decade major snow storm here. I don't know if the Bobcats are any different now, but back then there was a (slightly) padded metal bar which went across your mid-section as a sort of seatbelt, except it was 6 to 10 inches in front of your stomach. Anyway, there I was clearing snow off a parking lot, racing back and forth, when all of a sudden I hit a raised manhole cover with the front bucket down at full speed. Well, that Bobcat came to dead stop in about a half an inch (which is about how much the bucket bent). Of course, I (me, my body) kept going full speed until my stomach hit that (slightly) padded metal bar. Ugh! That's the first and only time I ever had the wind knocked out of me while driving a vehicle. However, I suppose hitting that bar with my stomach was better than being catapulted out of the cockpit.
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
They're still about the same. At least the piece we have is.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
Most of them have a regular seatbelt now also, at least my dad's Case Uni-Loader (Same thing really) does...

They are awesome for feedlots, small and maneuverable. Very good for where a tractor with scoop can't go.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
they are awesome!
we rent Bobcats every so often with the auger attached, to drill post holes
have a STRONG truck to tow. they are HEAVY. 1/2 truck ton barely does it.
Snowcrash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnowcrashSend a Private Message to SnowcrashDirect Link to This Post
My dad just got a Cat 246. Unfortunately, my parents are in AR and I haven't got up there to play with it yet.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock