Started on: 09-11-2008 01:05 PM
Replies: 71
Last post by: TK on 09-28-2008 05:00 PM
calamityjane

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

He actually did protect me one time I remember, (heres a glimpse into my childhood).

I was standing stuck in a foot of stiff manure in the cow pasture at my folks dairy farm. I was trying to get out without falling down or getting the boot pulled off my foot cause it was stuck. This must have been about this time of year, maybe October. I was about 5 years old. There was an angry new mother Holstien cow near me trying to be protective of its calf. I think it would have knocked me down and hurt me if BIG hadn't come between us like a hero.

That's sweet!

------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

IP: Logged
calamityjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post

calamityjane

2221 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by mike-ohio:

Hopefully they grow up and do thier job keeping the barn free of mice.

Sometimes we don't have a choice on the pet's name.

I rescued a poodle and her name was Bunny, I don't know why. However when she does see a rabbit she has no problems catching it.

Bunny is 80 pounds now.

Bunny sits on that couch like she owns it.

Jane

------------------

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post

calamityjane

2221 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Formula88:

This kitty seems happy.

LOL! Okay, that's just wrong.

------------------

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post

calamityjane

2221 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Darth88Formula:

Mine plays rockband!!

I was eating dinner one night and there she was sitting in front of the drums for rockband looking like she wanted to play....

You should get her a set and teach her to play. Or did you already do that? she's a beautiful dog.

Jane

------------------

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post

calamityjane

2221 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by aceman:

Who said cats and dogs don't get along.....

Nesbitt (Bitty) is the orange tabby that thinks he's a dog and Blizzard seems to tolerate him.

These are my two pets as my wife won't lay claim to the attack kitty and barely claims the dog.

You usually don't see this phenomenon unless they grow up together. That's sweet.

Jane
------------------

[This message has been edited by calamityjane (edited 09-27-2008).]

DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
When I was still a pre-schooler a 4 month old Cocker Spaniel huddled up to our house to get away from a blizzard.
This was a near show class dog? My folks tried to find it's owner for over a month. But after a week they didn't try so hard, and they let us all play together. Everyone had a chance to name the dog, her full name was Lady Buffington Snowball the first. A great family dog, it easily got along with my 3 year younger brother? No one gets along with my brother, except Lady Dog, the accepted name.
We lived in a House that was next door to an Elementry School.

Lady Dog was a good inside / outside dog, but she knew when the recess bell rang, it was time for fun.

This was way before leash laws, a dog could roam, as long as it caused no problems.
Lady Dog had as much fun playing with other kids than with me or my brother, the little attention monger?
We didn't have an outside dog house, she did have a nice place in the basement, she wasn't allowed upstairs.
She ate at the same times my family did, but she was (almost) never a table dog.

By the time I was in Jr, High Lady Dog was having some old age slowing down problems.

One Sunday we let her out, she was catching some sun (in the driveway) when we rolled her over, on the way to Church.
She didn't go under the wheels, but she was messed up. We did make her as comfortable as was possible and then went to church.
She was cold dead when we got home, and was burried in the back yard, that afternoon.

In Church ( Methodist ), I prayed as earnestly as I could, but it wasn't to be.
My first doubt in Faith, there have been others, but none as painfull.

She did have a good run though, she did love playing with others, she was a Human kid at heart.
In my formative years, I couldn't ask for better. Now'a days there are too many laws, and too many inbreed dogs causing problems.
Most dog's don't have a chance of having the shear fun, that my dog had?

I had a mutt when I was in college, a German Shepard, had jumped the fence to an AKC registered Black Lab.
Grizzly, my right leg friend, was recrutted to Law Enforcement early, but we loved to play, but he was a dog that could make some choices.
Grizzly had better taste. than I did, on girl friends?

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
That story is both uplifting and sad. I just realized that I have given my opinion on every post.LOL, I sound like siscol and ebert. Sorry, i'll try to control myself.

Jane

------------------

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Think happy thoughts
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
HEY Jane I’m a little surprised that you still have electricity.

Keep posting as long as you can.

And that was a great story and I’m sure others have more, I know I have some but I’m getting tired and have to go to bed.

Sorry I forgot to get face pictures of the kitties today I promise I will tomorrow.

All you folks in Texas and anyplace in Ike’s path stay safe.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few of our latest.

We really have not named him yet, either Mungit or Baby or Spaz. Or maybe Hoover at you watch this video. He eats anything and everything he see's us eating. He is addicted to cheap Raman noodles. Lisa was working swing shift, so when she would get off work at midnight, it was too late to really want to cook a meal in the kitchen so it was either McDonald's or Raman noodles. This is what happens when he see's us eating noodles.

http://www.captfiero.com/mu...ngetkittennoodle.wmv His other favorite treat is plain meat patty's from McDonald's. If you know what to ask for, McDonald's will serve you 2 plain patty's in a box without the bun or cheese. Lisa brings them home for him and we tear them up and he devours them. At first it was just one, now he can almost finish 2 of them. He gets very demanding at dinner time. We have plates of food on our laps watching TV he climbs right up and paws at the plates until we share with him. We may be teaching him a bad habit, but we are now dishing him up a small plate of food when we eat dinner and he eats it with us on the couch. After dinner he usually curls up on the couch with us and takes a nap. Really cute little bugger. He gets along with all but one of our other adult cats. She swipes at him whenever he gets in paws reach. The rest of the cats, just play nice with him. He chases them, they chase him, he sneaks up and pounces on them, they then flip him over pin him down and just kinda look up at us, like "Please take him away" LOL. Its really kinda funny. For the time being, he is really attached to us and usually follows me around. Even goes to the door and waits for me to come in from the garage. I have taken him with me out to the garage and few times and he really seems to like hanging out with me working on the cars. If I go out to the garage now and don't take him, he gets very VOCAL about it to anyone in the house. Until someone opens the door so he can come out with him. Again another cute thing he does.

The camera flash kinda makes him look grey, but he is solid black.

Just as a side note, the scratches on my leg, is from him deciding I was not paying enough attention to him, and he will jump up, grab my leg while I am sitting at the computer and climb up. I can't really get mad at him, but ouch. Fortunately he is starting to get big enough that he just jumps in one motion and lands on my lap now.

------------------
85GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 09-13-2008).]

DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by calamityjane:
That story is both uplifting and sad. I just realized that I have given my opinion on every post.LOL, I sound like siscol and ebert. Sorry, i'll try to control myself.
Jane

I've been into aquariums, before and since, I've some cool and friendly finny friends, but none that can measure up to my first dog?
+ for ya Jane, for understanding.
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Capt Fiero---I see your kitten isn't declawed. My legs look the same. All scratched up.
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
He is so kawaii!! (cute) I so love kuro neko's!! (black cats) I had a black kitten a long time ago, well, black with brown mixed in, long haired, we named him Licorice.. he was a favorite... but then they all are special in one way or another... lol..

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
As promised

This one wasn’t real happy about me taking it’s picture.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
You want happy, you want cute, I think I found it.

Extrorinary mother animals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQhPMwMlm_w

Holding hands : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_tmB0bIRs

Bunny cam: http://www.youtube.com/watc...jDY4&feature=related

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-27-2008).]

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
Capt.fiero, he's adorable. My cat used to run up my back and sit on my shoulder. That was fine until summertime when I wasn't wearing much.LOL! 2.5, Don says that I can get a virus from youtube,so I can't see them.d@mn.

Jane

------------------

Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
these pics are a few years old and have been on here before.

My limited naming skills.

1. Chico
2. Chica

surprisingly the gf allowed this, and everyone including the dogs seemed to love the names.

If you look closely, you can see chica in this pic too.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by calamityjane:

Capt.fiero, he's adorable. My cat used to run up my back and sit on my shoulder. That was fine until summertime when I wasn't wearing much.LOL! 2.5, Don says that I can get a virus from youtube,so I can't see them.d@mn.

Jane

I Virus from Youtube? Highly unlikely, I think that'd be like getting one from ebay. You are viewing vids online not downloading them. As far as I know safe as can be. I'm on there alot and haven't had Norton Antivirus find one yet.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth88Formula:

Mine plays rockband!!

I was eating dinner one night and there she was sitting in front of the drums for rockband looking like she wanted to play....

(Needs to be "lolcatzified')

I wish

I had opposable thumbz...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Here's some screenshots from the vids

Leopard mom to a baboon, Cat mom to a deer, Goat mom to a horse, otters holding hands, and bunny cam

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
2.5, those are amazing pictures! I never would have thought to see something like that. John, Chico and Chica look like a handful. I don't see chica in the car picture though. Where is she? Steve, what's going on with the babies? I love this thread. I can't wait to get another kitty.

Jane

P.S. I wonder how the cat had enough milk for the deer, as it is so much bigger?
------------------

[This message has been edited by calamityjane (edited 09-28-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Some aquarium lovin...

I used to have a ton of pictures of "Bonnie and Clyde." I can't seem to find them though . They were always together, they would hold tails and swim all around the tank. Cruise over to the power head, get caught in it's stream, fly back to the other side of the tank, go back and do it again. They'd hold tails and sleep on rocks, corals, and anything they could grab a hold of.

I miss that tank so much.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

(Needs to be "lolcatzified')

I wish

I had opposable thumbz...

Like this?

This is now my desktop background, now just to find another suitable one for the other "puppy"
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
Since we had to put Whiskey down a few weeks ago (as discussed in another thread), we decided it was time to get Brandy a new playmate. We found a cute stray kitten at our shop and Joey took him to the vet to get all the shots and bloodwork done. So, here is Brandy and Sox.
Dave

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Glad to see Brandy has a new friend.
I am surprised it took so long. With all your kids I would have thought they would have brought something home sooner.

Keep the pictures coming folks.
You can never have enough cuteness.

Steve
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

On top of his fish tank.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-28-2008).]

Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

It's much more difficult getting a fish to pose for a picture huh
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post

Joker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

On top of his fish tank.

"his fish tank" I like that.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gecko:

It's much more difficult getting a fish to pose for a picture huh

Thats the only time I've ever got a semi clear picture of one of my puffers with my cell phone.
PFF
System Bot
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

I no longer feel so wierd for having pets named:

Pepsi
Shasta
Fresca
Nesbitt
Fanta
Sierra Mist (Misty)

and a twist came with my dalamation: Oreo Blizzard (shortened to Blizzard)

How about Goo (he drools) and Smores.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 09-28-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock