Started on: 03-19-2010 04:26 PM
Replies: 105
Last post by: unboundmo on 03-26-2010 12:17 AM
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
I think if ti were legal not only would we have a much much higher percentage of dead beat people floating around high, living off the system, but also..

Will this change? Do you think the cost of Marijuana will go up or down? More affordable or less after being taxed? Combine that with many more people trying to get it. Will more people be poor, will more people need to steal to keep up their habit?

we are not talking heroin. or meth. and, this is what I was talking about with sterotyping. drug abusers are more often rich - not poor. which is the main reason I think there are drug laws.
IP: Logged
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

edit: how about the other way around - how about we discuss why it SHOULD be illegal? betcha that is a weak list.

I can do that:

The traces (but not the effects) of it stay in your system for longer than alcohol.
So, if you smoke a joint at home on Sunday night, and then you piss-test at work on Monday, it will show up.
And somehow, that translates to "you are HIGH at work", altough the effects have been long gone for 12 hours.

There is no way to know if you are high at work, or just carrying the "markers" (but not the effects) of something you did the day before, on your own time.

The Work Safty issue needs to be reworked to test for IMPAIRMENT, not residue output.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

we are not talking heroin. or meth. and, this is what I was talking about with sterotyping. drug abusers are more often rich - not poor. which is the main reason I think there are drug laws.

So if more abusers are rich and theft to support the habit was going on back then, when we add loads of your average joes to the drug use pool, you think that will help?
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

So if more abusers are rich and theft to support the habit was going on back then, when we add loads of your average joes to the drug use pool, you think that will help?

making poeple responsible for their own actions? hmm, not sure if thats a good idea....?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

making poeple responsible for their own actions? hmm, not sure if thats a good idea....?

Want to explain a little more detail?
Is my vote on it now responsible for me getting robbed later to support someone else's habit?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-22-2010).]

FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
Maybe the economy would go back up since it would be legal and taxable and its the widest used street drug that exists.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFury33:

Maybe the economy would go back up since it would be legal and taxable and its the widest used street drug that exists.

Thats the only reason it will ever be on the table and why it is now. IMO
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Want to explain a little more detail?
Is my vote on it now responsible for me getting robbed later to support someone else's habit?

you think I am going to rob you?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

you think I am going to rob you?

Not sure how to take that either.
You are not the only pot user, even today when it is still illegal.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Not sure how to take that either.
You are not the only pot user, even today when it is still illegal.

yup. much of what I am trying to say. you seem to be coming from a highly stereotyped view of "pot users".

tho, I do understand the stereotype. being "pot" is illegal - current users already have a 1st step into doing something illegal.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

yup. much of what I am trying to say. you seem to be coming from a highly stereotyped view of "pot users".

tho, I do understand the stereotype. being "pot" is illegal - current users already have a 1st step into doing something illegal.

I know what you mean about "stereotypes" but they have their place. As for legality really my opinion would not change about pot smoking even if it were legal. The illegality of it doesn't influence my thoughts of it. It is the actual thing, the actual use of it outside legitimate medical use. The intention fo the user. Laws can be changed, laws can be ethically and morally wrong. Law makers could even be pot smokers.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

They said the same thing about super lottos. The schools systems are dead broke. No money for school bands, no money for sports, and no money to fund field trips.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I can do that:

The traces (but not the effects) of it stay in your system for longer than alcohol.
So, if you smoke a joint at home on Sunday night, and then you piss-test at work on Monday, it will show up.
And somehow, that translates to "you are HIGH at work", altough the effects have been long gone for 12 hours.

There is no way to know if you are high at work, or just carrying the "markers" (but not the effects) of something you did the day before, on your own time.

The Work Safty issue needs to be reworked to test for IMPAIRMENT, not residue output.

Hello, we have a winner!

If I can add to this. What if the person in-charge is a school bus driver named, "Auto" (the character from the Simpsons). What if Auto was stoned (to-the-bone) 7- hrs prior to his shift and his driving a bus load of kids to school and has a wreck. They test Auto for drugs in his system and traces of marijuana shows up... what are you going to do?

Or worst. What if the lab technician that's testing Auto's blood test was stoned too? That happened here in San Francisco's lab, but the drug of choice wasn't marijuana. It was cocaine.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-22-2010).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
They can always test your blood and find the current level of THC in your system. While there may be some tolerance involved (just like alcohol), I think they can put together a scale that says "currently intoxicated" vs "not intoxicated"...

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

They can always test your blood and find the current level of THC in your system. While there may be some tolerance involved (just like alcohol), I think they can put together a scale that says "currently intoxicated" vs "not intoxicated"...

Alcohol they can blow into a tube and have set a point that is to intoxicated to drive. What's that point with marijuana? How will the officer test to see if the person has exceeded the legal amount of THC in their bloodstream? Can it be done on a traffic stop like alcohol, or will it require hauling the suspect in and testing their blood? What if you are hauled in and under the legal limit? Are they going to take you back to your car or has it already been towed? If it's been towed, who is responsible for the fee's, after all you did nothing illegal?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

People will let a cop stick a needle in their arm?
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

People will let a cop stick a needle in their arm?

Personally, I wouldn't want to.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I'll drive your kids to school.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
when i was in my 20's, i worked for a r& r band and smoked pot every day, 6 days a week.now i am going to turn 54 this week and i donot think smoking pot is good for anyone.i loved to get high when i was younger, well today i am disabled , i have had 10 operations on my body and wish i didnot have to put a single pill in my mouth but i am in pain every moment of every day.i donot want to sound like an old guy but when you make mistakes when you are younger you pay for the the rest of your life. i have had friends die of drug overdose on the road with bands. spend your money on something else and you will be a happier person. from an old hippie.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

I believe if they legalized pot, you'd see a noticable drop in the use of some prescription anti-depression/anti-anxiety meds...(Not that pot is necessarily the best 'cure' for that...) Heh Not sure about it giving the economy a boost - no one would go to work! They'd just wanna sit at home in their sweatpants , watch the tube and eat 12 pizzas. Maybe a loaf of bread. a box of crackers, and "whatever that stuff is in the corner of the fridge".
I wouldn't touch it, even if it was legal, there would need to be a lot of rules/laws set up related to its use (work-related and driving, etc) I would expect it wouldn't be such a good idea to legalize it, maybe I don't believe people would use it responsibly...They'd hafta make some stiff penalties for breaking the laws related to it (driving while under the influence = lose yer car or something (how would you even TEST that?) )
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
while on this topic - I am still researching "e-cigarettes", and how to adjust from the nicotine juice they use to a THC juice
sofar, I have seen a few recipes
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Even if Marijuana was legalized, the drug cartels have a endless supply of American herion customers and money to influence those in law enforcement or in some case... public officials. As the title indicates, "Mexico arrests 'King of Heroin,' with ties to US."

snip-it: "The result of drug cartels fighting among themselves for control of the drug trade, a lucrative business estimated to bring $25 billion in cash into Mexico each year."

Also, I wouldn't be suprise if such a law was passed, that the companies would have ties in Mexico- particularly those selling herion. I remember 40 years ago James Brown writting a song about "King Herion."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/...BHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGlu ZV9saXN0BHNsawNtZXhpY29hcnJlc3Q-

Full story:

By E. EDUARDO CASTILLO, Associated Press Writer E. Eduardo Castillo, Associated Press Writer – Thu Mar 25, 12:28 pm ET
MEXICO CITY – Federal police have arrested Mexico's so-called "King of Heroin," a powerful drug trafficker allegedly responsible for running hundreds of pounds of heroin into Southern California each year, authorities said Thursday.

Jose Antonio Medina, nicknamed "Don Pepe," was arrested in the western state of Michoacan on Wednesday and is being held for prosecution, said Ramon Pequeno, head of the anti-narcotics division of Mexico's federal police.

Medina, 36, ran a complex smuggling operation that hauled 440 pounds (200 kilograms) of heroin each month across the Mexican border in Tijuana for La Familia drug cartel, Pequeno said.

The White House National Drug Threat Assessment says that while heroin use is stable or decreasing in the U.S., the source of the drug has shifted in recent years from Colombia — where production and purity are declining — to Mexico, where powerful drug cartels are gaining a foothold in the lucrative market.

Border Patrol agents seized 4.8 million pounds of narcotics at border crossings last year, and heroin seizures saw the most significant increase during that time, with a 316 percent jump over 2008.

Mexico and the U.S. are working together to counter a handful of increasingly violent drug cartels that supply most of the illicit drugs sold in the U.S. each year. The arrest came the day after top U.S. Cabinet officials, led by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, visited Mexico to underscore their shared responsibility for the country's drug-related violence.

Nearly 17,900 people have died in drug-related violence since President Felipe Calderon launched an assault on cartels after taking office in December 2006.

That violence continued Thursday in Ciudad Juarez, a border city of 1.3 million just south of El Paso, where police on Thursday found a decapitated man lying in a shopping center parking lot, his head inside a black plastic bag nearby.

Killings such as this are believed to be the result of drug cartels fighting among themselves for control of the drug trade, a lucrative business estimated to bring $25 billion in cash into Mexico each year.

Federal police in Mexico City said Thursday they had seized $1.7 million in small bills and arrested four men, two Colombians and two Mexicans, for allegedly running financial operations for cartels.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Snip-it: "Police said Karr sped down Highway 101 while driving under the influence of marijuana during rush hour and rear-ended the car driven by Edith Medina." "Judge Rene Chouteau gave Karr the light sentence Wednesday, citing his young age and lack of a serious prior record."

Full story here: http://cbs5.com/local/multi...l.DUI.2.1590109.html

Now isn't that nice. The judge give him a litter sentence because he's a newbee.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
Think of the many many thousands of people that get in car wrecks with nothing to blame it on but stupidity, no booze, no weed,,,, nothing. Now if we could get a handle on those bastards.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

when i was in my 20's, i worked for a r& r band and smoked pot every day, 6 days a week.now i am going to turn 54 this week and i donot think smoking pot is good for anyone.i loved to get high when i was younger, well today i am disabled , i have had 10 operations on my body and wish i didnot have to put a single pill in my mouth but i am in pain every moment of every day.i donot want to sound like an old guy but when you make mistakes when you are younger you pay for the the rest of your life. i have had friends die of drug overdose on the road with bands. spend your money on something else and you will be a happier person. from an old hippie.

Sorry but I have to say that POT didn't make anyone disabled and as a ex fellow smoker --- 7 days a weeks. started when I was 16 and stopped at 34... I'm as healthy as ever. Maybe you can get rid of those pills for pain and go back to smoking for relaxation... It's a lot safer though smoke in the lungs is not... Eat a brownie or something. Driving why stoned is also a lot safer than alcohol I might add... tabs--- maybe not.. It's just more fun.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

2242 posts
Member since Sep 2006
legalize.... but I would still go to my friends for it and slide paying taxes... What ever Government.. They have enough of my money!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock