Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Dam 10 pages

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

You have a LOT more restraint than I do. If someone killed my dog I'd be over there kicking his ass right now. I hope everything gets resolved soon, and they get everything they deserve and more.

The police will deal with them on Monday, I personally will be carrying Gock 17, cocked, locked and ready to rock from now on. Anything moves in the woods and I shoot first and ask questions later.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-20-2006).]

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
So today I put pungee sticks (wood sheets with 10 penny nails sticking threw them) in the woods by new trip wires.

WARNING!
Setting up booby traps is illegal even on your own property in many areas. If someone is injured by it, you can be held liable even if they had to trespass to get there. I don't agree with it, but I wouldn't want you to do anything that could backfire and cause you more problems.

booby trap n. a device set up to be triggered to harm or kill anyone entering the trap, such as a shot gun which will go off if a room is entered, or dynamite which will explode if the ignition key on an auto is turned. If a person sets up such a trap to protect his/her property he/she will be liable for any injury or death even to an unwanted intruder such as a burglar. Setting a booby trap is also a crime.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/booby+trap

Love the "strategic" pile of dog poop though.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 08-20-2006).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

WARNING!
Setting up booby traps is illegal even on your own property in many areas. If someone is injured by it, you can be held liable even if they had to trespass to get there. I don't agree with it, but I wouldn't want you to do anything that could backfire and cause you more problems.

booby trap n. a device set up to be triggered to harm or kill anyone entering the trap, such as a shot gun which will go off if a room is entered, or dynamite which will explode if the ignition key on an auto is turned. If a person sets up such a trap to protect his/her property he/she will be liable for any injury or death even to an unwanted intruder such as a burglar. Setting a booby trap is also a crime.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/booby+trap

Love the "strategic" pile of dog poop though.

Trapping is legal here in Maine, maybe I should just use a couple of bear traps?

------------------

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Just be sure whatever you do fits the legal definition of "trapping" and not "booby trapping." Yeah, it's silly, but this is the law we're talking about.
The last thing I'd want is for you to get into trouble because you were trying to protect yourself and your property from some lowlife scum.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

So today I put pungee sticks (wood sheets with 10 penny nails sticking threw them) in the woods by new trip wires.

Please talk with your lawyer about this ... ASAP.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 08-20-2006).]

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Illegal here also but it worked for stopping the drug dealers clients from parking in the woods on our block so they could cut through to the drug house on the next block... just a piece of plywood with big construction nails pounded through and left across the driveway about 8 feet in past the no trespassing signs. Had a bunch of cars thumping down the road for a night or two with flats when they pulled out after having driven past the signs. Beat the one cops idea that "It seems like a good time for a fire...".

Blackberries and Bull Thistle apparently aren't a booby trap... one guy running from the cops across that property was just tore UP going through that stuff... I think he was about crying when he got to our street and the cop was waiting for him. Do you pull all the thorns out before you toss him in the patrol car or wait til you book em?

I don't condone doing illegal stuff (well... unless all legal courses have been taken and/or it can't come back on you).

Have you got motion detection lights out there? I'd probably have some super bright ones pointed at their property so that if anyone makes a step over the line they make the walls on their house hot it's so bright. A few pointed at the windows wired to a switch might work wonders also
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Use an old weathered piece of wood, soak it with water so the nails rust. Then if they step on it and try to sue you, just claim it must just be an old piece of barn or something thats been there for years. I see old bottles and other crap in the woods all the time. The rusty nails are also icing on the cake because they will get a nasty infection or tetnus from them.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I got my local raccoon with left over pieces of lath with the nails still in them from my latest roofing job. Put a nice stinky bag of trash in the can behind the house and didn't put the lid all the way on. Set the can on a brick such that is was leaning one way and set a bucket next to the can so that it could jump up on top. I then put the pieces of lath just about all the way around the can extending far enough that it couldn't jump out away from them. I was worried about some kid walking through the yard at night so I set up several saw horses with boards extended to block off the area. I left it that way for about two weeks and had multiple hits. Neighbors thought I was nuts but have commented several times that the raccoons are now getting in their trash which is the way it should be as they live under their shed and crawlspace.

You ought to try the same thing. Those neighbors of yours aren’t any better than a pack of raccoons!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Nothing new to report just wanted to keep this alive, hell 10 pages and over 10,000 views.

It’s in the hands of the lawyers now, and we all know just how slow they can make it.

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Of course, longer they can drag it out, the more money they make, lol
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

Illegal here also but it worked for stopping the drug dealers clients from parking in the woods on our block so they could cut through to the drug house on the next block... just a piece of plywood with big construction nails pounded through and left across the driveway about 8 feet in past the no trespassing signs.

I have used those to stop 4 wheelers from cutting through our property. VERY effective!
PFF
System Bot
RTNmsds

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
Thought about this thread while browising and came across....

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/043851.html

Perhaps you can borrow it for a test run.
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Of course, longer they can drag it out, the more money they make, lol

Buy more pigs while it drags on. Make that time they wait very fragrant. Tell em you would use the septic tank on your property but it seems to be taken over by squatters.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RTNmsds:

Thought about this thread while browising and came across....

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/043851.html

Perhaps you can borrow it for a test run.

Thought real hard about it.

It is my background on my startup screen now.

------------------

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Thought real hard about it.
It is my background on my startup screen now.

Actually, I'm thinking that the treads need a little more defensive capability/armor. Won't do a bit of good if a tread gets blown off, then it becomes a huge transitor radio. I like the pig idea.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-24-2006).]

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Six days since your last update and I'm going through withdrawls.

Well?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Been rather quiet next door all week,

The wifes wants me to rent a backhoe this weekend and dig up their leach field.

Our lawyer has heard nothing from their so called title insurance company, and we haven't eather.

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Dig and save the reciept for the backhoe so you can sue for reinbursement. Id love to watch. You need a webcam up so we can all see, lol.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Gee, wouldn't it be funny if their phone number "somehow" was posted "somewhere" & they started getting all these out of state calls at all hours of the night from a large group of people ?

Hmm, wonder where you would be able to find people that would do this ?

lol
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Gee, wouldn't it be funny if their phone number "somehow" was posted "somewhere" & they started getting all these out of state calls at all hours of the night from a large group of people ?

Hmm, wonder where you would be able to find people that would do this ?

lol

Funny you should mention that, Melanie said their phone number is not unlisted and the answering machine has their cell number on it.

I have been trying to take the high road on this so far but, you know, that has got to be one of the best Ideas I have heard yet.

------------------

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
so whats the phone #?
i have a dumb question...
whats a leach field?
i picture a whole field full of leaches but im assuming that thats obviously not it

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
02 Jetta 1.8t
98 GTI 2.slow
02 CBR 954RR

PFF
System Bot
Shyster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShysterClick Here to visit Shyster's HomePageSend a Private Message to ShysterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:
whats a leach field?

It's the area where underground (usually!!) pipes (let's face it, if your leach field pipes are strung aboveground, youuuuu may be a redneck!) take the liquid outflow from a septic system to allow it to percolate through the soil. The field, and the amount of pipe used, is sized to the septic system (which in turn depends on the size of the house, the number of bathrooms, etc) and the type of soil through which the outflow goes. (you need a bigger field in clay-ey soils than you do in sandy soils).
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

whats a leach field?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

whats a leach field?

It's where the greener grass is. $hit makes a good fertilizer.
Damn city slickers.
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shyster:

It's the area where underground (usually!!) pipes (let's face it, if your leach field pipes are strung aboveground, youuuuu may be a redneck!) take the liquid outflow from a septic system to allow it to percolate through the soil. The field, and the amount of pipe used, is sized to the septic system (which in turn depends on the size of the house, the number of bathrooms, etc) and the type of soil through which the outflow goes. (you need a bigger field in clay-ey soils than you do in sandy soils).

Gee You know a lot of $hit about your sh!t

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

It's where the greener grass is. $hit makes a good fertilizer.
Damn city slickers.

Some of these guys have learned more about $hit than they ever wanted to know here.

But I have to agree Cliff,

“Damn City Slickers.”

------------------

D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

haha that made me think of the 'Clerks' cartoon. My favorite quote: 'sic sempur Bea Arthur !'
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Lady Godiva was a freedom rider
She didnt' care if the whole world looked.
Joan of Arc with the Lord to guide her
She was a sister who really cooked.

Isadora was the first bra burner
And you're glad she showed up. (Oh yeah)
And when the country was falling apart
Betsy Ross got it all sewed up.

And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's

That old compromisin', enterprisin', anything but tranquilizing,
Right on Maude.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tutnkmn:
Lady Godiva was a freedom rider
She didnt' care if the whole world looked.
Joan of Arc with the Lord to guide her
She was a sister who really cooked.

Isadora was the first bra burner
And you're glad she showed up. (Oh yeah)
And when the country was falling apart
Betsy Ross got it all sewed up.

And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's Maude.
And then there's

That old compromisin', enterprisin', anything but tranquilizing,
Right on Maude.

Funny but I think I liked her better in

“The Golden Girls”

Her and the lady that played her mother we so funny.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
We Won!

We Won!

We Won!

We Won!

We Won!

We Won!

Just talked to our lawyer, and the title company is going to pay a contractor to remove the leach field,

Put new loom in,

Pay all our legal fees,

Pay for our survey,

Pay full growth price to us for the 2 small pines that will be destroyed.

Letter from our lawyer is on the way to verify all this.

Wife's dancing naked in the back yard as I type.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Where is all of the money going to come from? I dont get the impression that your neighbors are swimming in it.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Where is all of the money going to come from? I dont get the impression that your neighbors are swimming in it.

Probably from the title insurance (I believe it's called title insurance) on the property when the so called "people" bought it. Title insurance guarantees no problems with things like this and if problems arise it is supposed to fix it.

BTW, 84fiero123, CONGRATS! The good guys can still win, once in a while!

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 09-01-2006).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

We Won!

Congrat's!!
So when does the fence go up??
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Thats great. Too bad it really dont hurt them much since they dont have to pay anything.

Have you gone down to the pound yet to request the loudest barking dog they have yet ?
MsLoriFiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsLoriFieroSend a Private Message to MsLoriFieroDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tutnkmn:
Probably from the title insurance (I believe it's called title insurance) on the property when the so called "people" bought it. Title insurance guarantees no problems with things like this and if problems arise it is supposed to fix it.

BTW, 84fiero123, CONGRATS! The good guys can still win, once in a while!

Exactly.

And thanks for the support.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

That’s just what I was doing!

Originally posted by Oreif:

Congrat's!!
So when does the fence go up??

The fence goes up after they did the leach field up and restore the soil with new loom. They are trying to get it started next week so as soon as they are done the fence goes up.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Thats great. Too bad it really dont hurt them much since they dont have to pay anything.

Have you gone down to the pound yet to request the loudest barking dog they have yet ?

They do have to pay for the lawyer they retained before the title insurance company was called.

We already has the loudest barking dogs around, Great Pyrenees. If you ever here one bark you know what I mean. And we have over a dozen.

Again Everyone who has posted we really appreciated your support and kind words.

------------------

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

hehehe, congrats.
watch your back.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock