Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Here is a picture from the front, you can see the flower is so large it’s drooping.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Ah, leaves being there on the ground is a different story.

People are just a bit flaky eh?

"I know how I'll get back at them for being right... I'll pull leaves off their sunflower plant, waahahhahahahahahaah"

What a buncha idiots.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Time to put up your fence now. Make sure the posts are deep. Everyone knows where the property line is. Charge the title company to replace it if they have to remove it when they dig the septic tank out. Get motion sensors hooked up to the fence connected to cameras and high powered lights. Have the lights come on 2 minutes after the camera rolls.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
Time to put up your fence now.

I'm thinking concertina wire might be more appropriate.
I forget... Is there already a restraining order? If not, I believe that one is in order.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-10-2006).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
How do you know they used a Title Insurance Company? They paid cash for the property, IIRC. Dad just bought a quarter of land and with a current abstract didn't get title insurance.
If you don't borrow the money, there's nothing requiring you to have title insurance.

John Stricker

Originally posted by blackrams:

I would not be surprised if the Title Insurance Company makes you an offer on the leach field property. At that point, you're probably stuck with you current neighbors. From the Title Company's perspective, that solution would be cheapest for them.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Time to put up your fence now. Make sure the posts are deep. Everyone knows where the property line is. Charge the title company to replace it if they have to remove it when they dig the septic tank out. Get motion sensors hooked up to the fence connected to cameras and high powered lights. Have the lights come on 2 minutes after the camera rolls.

They must have come threw the driveway because nothing picked them up on the cameras we have up. 3 up now with motion sensor lights. We are going to 500 watt halogens on motion sensors.

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm thinking concertina wire might be more appropriate.
I forget... Is there already a restraining order? If not, I believe that one is in order.

I thought there was but I’ll have to ask the wife if the lawyer did it.

Originally posted by jstricker:

How do you know they used a Title Insurance Company? They paid cash for the property, IIRC. Dad just bought a quarter of land and with a current abstract didn't get title insurance.
If you don't borrow the money, there's nothing requiring you to have title insurance.

John Stricker

Our lawyer has been dealing with the title insurance company lawyer, I still say they bought the insurance after the fact but who knows.

It was a surprise to our lawyer to. He couldn’t understand why when this all started they didn’t just call them to begin with. The title company would have sent a survey crew in to set the boundary lines at the title companies expense.

Title insurance wasn’t even available when we bought this place 12 years ago, that we know of.

It’s something new. I had never heard of it either.

------------------

MsLoriFiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsLoriFieroSend a Private Message to MsLoriFieroDirect Link to This Post
We need updates.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Start a rumor (deniable of course) that they're Satanists (might even be true); start another somewhere else that they're Klansmen, start another that they're cultists, anti-whaling, etc, etc, etc...
By the time the rumors get going good, they'll be the Antichrist, Doctor Mengele, and Jeffrey Dahmer all in one...and people will swear it's gospel.
Just kidding, sort of...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Nothing yet from the lawyer.

Sorry folks, I know you have all been following this more than a person recovering from surgery follows daytime soaps.

Lawyers are still talking, writing, and just plain wasting time building up their billable hours.

------------------

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
bump
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Did get a call from our lawyer today, just needs more money.

Nothing to report from the Title Insurance company.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Did get a call from our lawyer today, just needs more money.

Nothing to report from the Title Insurance company.

Well, of course!!

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Going on a week here, any news?

Need a fix real bad man, just make something up if you don't have anything new.

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 09-26-2006).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

Going on a week here, any news?

Need a fix real bad man, just make something up if you don't have anything new.

Well an excavation crew did show up this morning, they looked at the place and then left.

That’s all I know so far, other then no one has gone to Code with a plan yet.

Dam you guys are as bad as those on the Girls without Fieros thread.

------------------

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post

Dam you guys are as bad as those on the Girls without Fieros thread.

Its like a Reality Soap and your the play by play Star.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Start a rumor (deniable of course) that they're Satanists (might even be true); start another somewhere else that they're Klansmen, start another that they're cultists, anti-whaling, etc, etc, etc...
By the time the rumors get going good, they'll be the Antichrist, Doctor Mengele, and Jeffrey Dahmer all in one...and people will swear it's gospel.
Just kidding, sort of...

As it is everyone around here thinks they are shts(this is 84 fieros wife). Their are lots of talk about these folks. Remember they have pissed off every town official we have ( small town, so all 5 of them).
Plumbing inspector has had it with them.
Halloween is coming. so the might have TP hanging everywhere

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Halloween is coming. so the might have TP hanging everywhere

You might be right........they don't have a septic .
Butter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
I believe they're up $hit Creek without a paddle!

Since no one will help them now you have effectively got them reaching for turds just to get out!
The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKDirect Link to This Post
"Remember they have pissed off every town official we have ( small town, so all 5 of them)."

hahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahaha.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
is there house still for sale?

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
02 Jetta 1.8t
98 GTI 2.slow
02 CBR 954RR

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

is there house still for sale?

Still has the realtors sign up, but I don't see how they can sell it with the problems they are having.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2006 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Butter:

I believe they're up $hit Creek without a paddle!

Pretty soon they'll be up the creek without a piddle, once their septic tank is gone, lol...

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 09-28-2006).]

MsLoriFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsLoriFieroSend a Private Message to MsLoriFieroDirect Link to This Post
More, More !
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I'm a bit septical about hte whole thing ...has the story been leaked to the Press? And..song title:
' I'm gonna sh1t right down, and write myself a letter'...
Nick
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Actually, I'm a bit septical about hte whole thing ...has the story been leaked to the Press? And..song title:
' I'm gonna sh1t right down, and write myself a letter'...
Nick

LOL

Ha Ha Ha Nick

I laughed so hard I almost sht myself.

Sorry MsLori and Nick but nothing new as of yet. I’m beginning to think the only way to get the title company to move is to rent a backhoe and dig the dam septic up myself.

The plumbing inspector has said I can do that if I want, it’s on my property, if I do give him a call and he will shut their system down.

Money is a little tight right now so I don’t think I’ll be doing that anytime soon.

Sucks being on disability.

------------------

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
12 pages Wow, I figured there would be trip wire flares, concertina and claymores by now.
Butter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
Here's a thought to get next door out or make it miserable for them. Stop up the field line and Pump air in the sewer system.

Give your neighbors a breath of Fresh Air
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Let the city go ahead and shut their system down. Its illegal, so city has the right. Shouldnt cost you a penny. If they dont dig it up, do it at your convenience and send the bill to their title company. They already lost the case so they dont have much choice but to pay up.

Another thought...if they dont pay up right away file a lien against their property. If they dont pay by a specified time then, you own it and can demand they vacate your property.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-04-2006).]

LarryB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryBSend a Private Message to LarryBDirect Link to This Post
Before you get the plug pulled on the septic have a chat with your lawyer, then the local building inspector. If they end up without a proper septic system he might be able to condemm their property and impose a $100/day fine if they violate.

And THAT should motivate the title insurer.

Mike Marden

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MardenSend a Private Message to Mike MardenDirect Link to This Post
Found this thread just this AM. Can't believe I read 12 pages at one sitting. This is WAY better that even evening soaps. Any updates since 10/5?
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-08-2006 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Let the city go ahead and shut their system down. Its illegal, so city has the right. Shouldnt cost you a penny. If they dont dig it up, do it at your convenience and send the bill to their title company. They already lost the case so they dont have much choice but to pay up.

Another thought...if they dont pay up right away file a lien against their property. If they dont pay by a specified time then, you own it and can demand they vacate your property.

Thats a great idea, take their property and kick them out. Then you can at least get some extra land from all this trouble as compensation.

And yes, the city should be shutting it off on their dime, not yours.

PFF
System Bot
MsLoriFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsLoriFieroSend a Private Message to MsLoriFieroDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
OK, I'm thinking it's time to give your lawyer a little motivation. Like maybe a kick in the arse! Don't let the legal guys get in the way here. You've already won, ask the city or whoever to cut the sewer line off and take the ground back afterward. Your lawyer should be getting paid by the Title Company when this is all over. Tell him to get off his arse and get this settled.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

OK, I'm thinking it's time to give your lawyer a little motivation. Like maybe a kick in the arse! Don't let the legal guys get in the way here. You've already won, ask the city or whoever to cut the sewer line off and take the ground back afterward. Your lawyer should be getting paid by the Title Company when this is all over. Tell him to get off his arse and get this settled.

He has already been paid $1,000 and wanted more so we let him go.

Filing a small claims court case later this week. We are allowed $4,500 per case and will be filing 3 different cases.

The town will not do anything unless there is a problem on our property with the leach field. If I had the extra $400 I would rent a backhoe for the weekend and make sure they had a problem.

They seem to still think our barn is on their property for some reason, even though 2 different surveys say no.

Being this is a small town the cases should be heard within the next few weeks.

The title company as yet has done nothing about it, I think they are trying to wait us out.They say they can put a system in for less than we offered to sell them the property. As of yet no one has been in contact with anyone about a permit, or Permission from us to do any digging on our property.

------------------

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
OK after all of this time to reply.
Set up a bill for the use of your land. (For the whole time if possible) Make it as high as legally possible. Then send it to them.
If they don't pay then you CAN put a lein against thier property. Keep updating it, making it $$$$$$$ If you can get it high enough you will own it, mabey even have them owe you even after you take the prop. Right now they are using your prop. free of charge, well except all the drama. even if they pay the bill, that is just for the past and you can still cut them off anytime.

I bet when this is all over you will have one BIG fence. Good Luck

Some funny as$ sht. as a spectator anyway.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

OK after all of this time to reply.
Set up a bill for the use of your land. (For the whole time if possible) Make it as high as legally possible. Then send it to them.
If they don't pay then you CAN put a lein against thier property. Keep updating it, making it $$$$$$$ If you can get it high enough you will own it, mabey even have them owe you even after you take the prop. Right now they are using your prop. free of charge, well except all the drama. even if they pay the bill, that is just for the past and you can still cut them off anytime.

I bet when this is all over you will have one BIG fence. Good Luck

Some funny as$ sht. as a spectator anyway.

A well thought out idea, not sure if it is one that will work but along these lines.

I will be calling a local Port-A-Potty rental place and find out what there daily, weekly, and monthly rental would be.

Then send them,(the people next door, and the Title Company) a bill.

If nothing else it is another lawsuit for small claims court.

Thanks all who have followed this thread and all who have come up with ideas. I think you folks are the reason I still have some,(some) sanity left.

Thanks again to all.

Steve

------------------

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Oh my, now I am worried, if this group is maintaining your sanity, then you really do have a problem. .

------------------
Ron
Land of the Free because of the Brave. Most gave some, some gave all.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-14-2006).]

MsLoriFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsLoriFieroSend a Private Message to MsLoriFieroDirect Link to This Post

Oh my, now I am worried, if this group is maintaining your sanity, then you really do have a problem. .

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

My wife agrees to, of course she is hanging on to the edge herself.

------------------

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I love this thread, you should get in contact with TVLAND's new show "I Pity the fool" with Mr. T .... Basicly he tells morons to use their common sense, would love to see him visit your neighbors
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock