Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 16)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
whats your point, arent most inspectors.........
IP: Logged
Earl-R

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't think of anyone except Buddy Hacket at the time. I just pick actors/actresses that I've seen in movies that would be good in those rolls.

Any News, this is better than any soap opera I've ever watched.

[This message has been edited by Earl-R (edited 01-18-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Well he got a continuance till March 28th to get legal representation. He had tried to get a Public defender before court and was denied because he owns his home.

Today he asked for another PD and says he can’t afford a lawyer.

When we first met he told me he paid cash for the house. If he owns the house outright they will never give him a PD. He has resources to get a lawyer, he can put his house up. Until he can get a loan to pay the lawyer.

He argued with the judge saying that we had dogs barking, cows mooing, goats bleating, horses making noises, chickens crowing. Trying to tell his case to the judge that he was right in threatening us.

The judge asked the DA if it was a farm next door, The DA said yes within 30’ of our barn.

The DA has been here on several occasions, we have kept animals for the state that have been confiscated by the state from animal abusers.

So the saga continues.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Umm... he never has the right to threaten someone, especially the "Come out here so I can kill you" part. That's a deusy; did you happen to get that one on tape?

It's too bad that laws in most states are that you can't really have any protection other than what you use in your own hands. No traps I can understand, but not even dogs on your own property are an entirely safe option. Usually the law states that property (dog) can't protect other property, so if you're not home you're liable for any damage or harm the dog does to intruders even if they're armed and breaking into your home.

We have some reeeaaally wacko neighbors out here. A "clan" in fact, and they honestly think they have the right to do whatever they want on anyone's property because their "ancestors settled this land". Maybe they did, maybe not, if they want the land they should have payed for it. I may have already mentioned this, but at least 6 of them broke down a fence and were caught trespassing with loaded shotguns. Our property has been sort of a sanctuary where animals know they're safe because we don't allow hunting here, so these guys thought they'd go hunting in our woods. Right next to the horse pasture... and in fact we actually have a horse in this wooded area during warmer weather.

Another time they were shooting across a field of theirs in the direction of our house, and a couple of rifle slugs when whirring past the horse barn. They were obviously displaying their weapons but they probably didn't mean to have the weapons fire this far. Still, an animal or person still could have been hurt or killed. But what can we really do? Stand up to their bullying as much as possible, but they are literally in-freakin'-sane so they would definitely not be beyond setting the horse barn on fire, maybe poisoning or even shooting the horses. We could sic the sheriff on them (we're outside any city limits), but realistically they could do just about anything and we'd never be able to prove it was them.

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 01-18-2007).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
90% of the time, people get continuences just to stall for time for whatever reasons. They even do it on traffic tickets and DUIs. They dont last forever, sooner or later a judge will deny it and tell them to go ahead with case now. My guess is hes probably hoping he can get rid of the house and be gone before it comes up again. Non legit continuences just piss judges off as they are a waste of their time, so he just keeps hurting himself more and more. PD aint gonna happen with him owning property. Ive seen people even turned down for like food stamps because of the car they drive.
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
... Ive seen people even turned down for like food stamps because of the car they drive.

What if it's an extremely nice Fiero that insurance companies still Blue Book at $2000 or less?
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

It's too bad that laws in most states are that you can't really have any protection other than what you use in your own hands. No traps I can understand, but not even dogs on your own property are an entirely safe option. Usually the law states that property (dog) can't protect other property, so if you're not home you're liable for any damage or harm the dog does to intruders even if they're armed and breaking into your home.

You know the old antage, dead men tell no storys? If the cops show up and he has a clean, unregistered gun, that you certainly didnt put there, and a hole in his head, who do you think they're going to believe? In a pinch a knife from the kitchen drawer would probably do as well, and be cheaper.

Personaly I'd have set his house on fire, or baited him into a situation where I could legaly shoot him by now. Sounds like he's the gulible type that would play right into your hands. Props for the patience on this one.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

You know the old antage, dead men tell no storys? If the cops show up and he has a clean, unregistered gun, that you certainly didnt put there, and a hole in his head, who do you think they're going to believe? In a pinch a knife from the kitchen drawer would probably do as well, and be cheaper.

Personaly I'd have set his house on fire, or baited him into a situation where I could legaly shoot him by now. Sounds like he's the gulible type that would play right into your hands. Props for the patience on this one.

I think that is what he was trying to do the night we had him arrested for threatening us.

------------------

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
bump, anything new?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Court again I think the 8th of March.

Just been to cold for them to even peek out the door. -10 F right now and supposed to get down into the sub teens + the wind chill and it really is a little nippy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 01-26-2007).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Court again I think the 8th of March.

Just been to cold for them to even peek out the door. -10 F right now and supposed to get down into the sub teens + the wind chill and it really is a little nippy.

Even bad weather can be a good thing .

Joe
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, I was always told that good things would happen when it was a cold day in hell, I guess there may be some truth to that.

------------------
Ron
Land of the Free because of the Brave. Most gave some, some gave all.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Hmm, I was always told that good things would happen when it was a cold day in hell, I guess there may be some truth to that.

Happens all the time around here. Close as I can get. Sorry, bad joke around here.

weather
area

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 01-27-2007).]

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
How far is the house from your house? You should seek a restraining order (oh wait I think you already tried that didnt you? ) well seek a new one seeing as he threatened you, make sure its farther than his house is from yours.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Well I was out watering the animals this morning and I heard voices from next door.

When I looked up I saw a Police cruiser with it’s lights on in front of their house.

When I walked out front to see what was happening I saw a car, Honda, with both back wheels up in the air and the front wheels in the ditch. Funny as hell.

Not sure who it was, could have been their real-estate agent or maybe his lawyer, don’t know, don’t care.

I just thought it was funny as hell to see that Honda with the nose stuck in the ditch and the back wheels in the air.

Sorry I didn’t have a camera so you will just have to use your imagination.

------------------

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
How much snow is on the ground and what does their two-track look like (what's the condition of their driveway, did they ever plow it?)?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

How much snow is on the ground and what does their two-track look like (what's the condition of their driveway, did they ever plow it?)?

No never plowed it, but then we have only gotten a couple of 5 or 6" storms.

I think they went out and shoveled the end of the drive where the plow dumps.

The rest of the drive is just tracks and lots of them.

------------------

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someone will sue them!
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Maybe someone will sue them!

We can only hope!

Joe

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Bump so it's not so far back.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Well they have the place sold, maybe.

Sale pending on the web site for the realtor.

http://www.palmerrealtymain...e.php?unique_id=7718

$32,900 was the last listing price, what it sold for who knows. They only paid $30,000 for it.

I ran into a friend last night who worked with the guy at VIP, sale associate was what the guy did. Parts counter guy.

He said my neighbor quit the job because he sold his place and was moving to Canton.

Good riddens, I wonder if he will show up for his court date on the 8th of March?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
jetman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, abiet a bit early?
You know, for all the grief that you have been through, I hope that you get someone really nice moving in next to you.
One acre lot? Thought that you said that it was measured at less than that. What gives?
Man alive, I hope everything works out for you!
RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
Dang, I rather enjoyed this soap opra!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

Dang, I rather enjoyed this soap opra!

It ain’t over yet,

Sale Pending. Doesn't mean it's sold.

Plus we still have the court date yet, I can’t wait to see what happens there.

Thanks to all who have allowed me to vent and showed their support.

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

It ain’t over yet,

Sale Pending. Doesn't mean it's sold.

Plus we still have the court date yet, I can’t wait to see what happens there.

Thanks to all who have allowed me to vent and showed their support.

If the house closes before the court date, I wouldn't be surprised if they blow it off.

Good luck. I hope it all works out like you want it to. Sounds like you guys have been through a bunch.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-17-2007).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post
Atleast your neighbors arn't greedy. The people behind us wanted 2,000 to connect our back yard fence to there's. Now there is a 2 foot gap between the fences and it doesnt look good at all.

------------------
"A mobile home with a flat tire, is just a home."
"If some one ask if your ticklish it doesn't matter if you say yes or no, they're still going to touch you. That's why when they ask you say something like, I have diarria! but yes I am very ticklish"
How fast does a zebra have to run before it looks gray?"

DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

If the house closes before the court date, I wouldn't be surprised if they blow it off.

Might be grounds for a contempt of court citation, some judges can get real PO'd and can do all kinds of nasty things. Particularly if the judge has just cause to be PO'd.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking "failure to apear" charges, among other things.
If he is out on bond there would probably be a forfeiture. Probably a bench warrant.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't care.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm thinking "failure to apear" charges, among other things.
If he is out on bond there would probably be a forfeiture. Probably a bench warrant.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't care.

how could he sell the property w/o a working septic on their property?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

how could he sell the property w/o a working septic on their property?

Title Insurance company paid to put a new one in a few pages back.

You really are on holiday weren’t you.

------------------

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

He said my neighbor quit the job because he sold his place and was moving to Canton.

For the sake of those in Canton, which Canton are you talking about? Someone should warn those folks, of course, after the sale of the property next to you.

------------------
Ron
Land of the Free because of the Brave. Most gave some, some gave all. Some ran the other way.

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
They’re gone.

Drove in, or I should say backed into the drive this morning with at least a 24’ Uhaul truck.

The truck was as big as ½ their trailer, what they needed that big a truck for is beyond me.

They loaded it up and drove away this evening, waving us the traffic finger all the way past the house.

Good riddens.

Sorry but Me thinks the soap opera has been canceled. I will start a new thread if they show up for court.

Thanks to all who posted helpful hints, and support, and just plain let me vent.

Steve & Melanie

------------------

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Sorry but Me thinks the soap opera has been canceled. I will start a new thread if they show up for court.

I'm happy that they're out of your hair.
Now you guys can put your feet up and breathe a sigh of relief.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Good, see, the good guys do win from time to time. Now, let's hope the new neighbors are animal lovers and friendly.

------------------
Ron
Land of the Free because of the Brave. Most gave some, some gave all. Some ran the other way.

DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
If'n when you get some new neighbors, maybe you could make them a Cake or something. Get started on a nice friendly footing. I can't imagine that the ex-neighbors might jinx the sale by saying bad things about you folks, but you can't give those odd-balls much credit for brains.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Congrats !!!

Joe
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Hooray! Good ridance to bad rubbish!

Good luck with the new ones

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow, the end came !!

That's great. Now what are we going to do with out this soap opera ?

Going to miss reading about that crazy neighbor.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
wow, you should find where there going and warn their new neighbors
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock