Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 18)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 457
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Nice catch, i didn't even realize it until you said something.

I may be a city boy, but even I know the difference between a cow and a bull/steer.

IP: Logged
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2007 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
It ainīt over yet ...the lull before the storm!! I managed to get the construction work stopped for now...but they keep coming down,walking round, and trying to concoct something new!! One main reason they arenīt working at the moment? The original builders who did the houses on the other side of the road, dumped all the excavation material on our side, and then tried to level it off.This means that what looks like solid ground for foundations isnīt!! It runs about 20 feet deep, meaning the bedrock they need to put foundations on is about 25 feet below the surface.They need to get heavy earth-moving equipment up there to get rid of it all...and that means crossing our land....and they know they canīt!! I will take some photos in a minute, to illustrate the problem
Nick

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

the withdrawal symptoms from this thread were as hard on me as when the OJ Simpson trial went off the air...

I was hoping fierofetish's recent ordeal would have enough dung drama to help me pull through... But Aas!... it never materialized...

Who says I don't have a life?

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Have they at least quit running the heavy equipment on your property Nick?

I was kind of hoping they would loose a bulldozer in that septic tank.( that’s what we call them).

I would put up NO TRESSPASSING signs everywhere, all along the edge of your property Nick.

Better yet use my signs,

PRIVATE TARGET SHOOTING RANGE.

That and some fencing on the property line should keep them off your property for a while.

I thought you had gotten them to buy your property Nick? Or have they reneged on that deal?

Funny how those of us who own property feel differently about other people causing damage to our land.

We used to let the local 4 wheeler clubs and others cross threw the back of our property to get to a gas station. Until some kids with those Vampire tires (they have hard rubber spikes that dig up soft ground).

They left ruts so deep in places that when Melanie stood in the ruts she was waste deep. We stopped them and made the local 4 wheeler club fix the damage. Then closed the trail down.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2007 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
No movement at all for 3 weeks..but the machines have started to reappear
here are a few shots of the site, explaining the difficulties they are facing.

As you can see, the level ground is some 25 feet below the level of the road...and they have to build the house with the 'ground floor' level with the road. That means support piers at least 25 feet high, and with around 5 ft sunk into the bedrock.Multiply that by 8 houses, it is a gigantic undertaking.

You can see the way they build houses here on uneven ground from the house under construction in the background. The other shots show the enormous amount of soil etc been dumped down the side of the road.They will have to clear all this, to be able to fix good foundations.And they canīt get to it without crossing my land. I also have approached the Local Council to get planning and building permission on the lower half of my land. I donīt intend to build anything there..but it will more than double the value of my property/land. So if they want to buy it, then that will now cost them half a million dollars I donīt want that much..just enough to relocate, and have no mortgage, and some money to spend on the next property.
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 07-01-2007).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:
I also have approached the Local Council to get planning and building permission on the lower half of my land. I donīt intend to build anything there..but it will more than double the value of my property/land. So if they want to buy it, then that will now cost them half a million dollars I donīt want that much..just enough to relocate, and have no mortgage, and some money to spend on the next property.
Nick

Good idea there! Sounds like free money almost!

Thanks for the pics & the update... it really helped me pull through the day
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Well what is it? Do we attract these nuts.

The new neighbors have been having fires between their house and our barn, within 50 ft of our barn. At first they were small camp fire type fires, then they turned into Flames shooting 20’ in the air. Smoke going in our barn and all the way to our house.

Melanie went over and asked the kid, nicely to put the fire out it was filling our house and barn with smoke.

He said “ **** you, you ****en red neck.”

That was a few days ago, we called the police and they came, 2 hours later. Cops told them to put the fire out. 2 hours later the fire was still roaring.

So we called them back and they came back with the fire department and put the fire out.

A few days later the start another one, now this kid, 24 used to be a volunteer fireman in another town so they are just not really doing anything other than telling him he is a bad boy and don’t do anything. No fines, just tell him to put the fire out.

Now anybody with a farm, and a barn full of animals knows just how scary having a fire near their barn can be.

So we called the forestry service and they talked to him tonight. No fire tonight but he has one of his cars parked in the back yard with the trunk open blasting this rap crap, just to antagonize us.

Melanie went off. She went up behind the barn and told him to turn it down, its scaring the horses. He again told her to go “Fuk herself” she went off and told the little pisser to “come on down” he of course ran off at the mouth some more.

We called the cops again and they turned the music down, finally.

What do we attract these a$$holes.

------------------

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Maybe you're calling the wrong police department. Are there any other that you can call? Around here, we have State Troopers, the Sheriffs department, the local police... Check out local laws regarding noise and fire... If you have a copy of the law the next time you call, that might help. Keep a history of the calls and see if you can get a copy of any police reports that might have been filled out for each occasion with pictures to go with. Got a decimeter?
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

What do we attract these a$$holes.

Looks like you and I have the same problem. All we attract are nutters and a$$holes.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/050499.html

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 08-01-2007).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2007 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Can you afford a hired hand for a week? Somebody about 6 ft 12 inches, 300 lbs...and get him to break some tree trunks in half with his bare hands, whilst they are looking!!
I canīt believe it...I thought things would be ok now...Sorry to hear your miserable neighbour saga has resurfaced, Steve.

As to my situation...nothing moving at all I spoke to the guy who bought the land below ours last week..he has been trying to get permission to build 17 new houses...on land which is classified as 'Agricola'...for farming only. Unfortunately, farming has all but died out around here, and the farmers are clamouring to be able to offload their land at mega-premium prices to developers...and when the smell of that sort of money starts swirling around, it permeates into the nostrils of the local Council, who can smell BIG money for granting the permissions...by bending the Laws. That is the problem with local Councils who have autonomy...they can do what the heck they like, if it is worth it to them..
We have decided that we are going to sell up and move..but we will hang on until the optimum price for our land is reached.
Painful, but worth the wait
Nick
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
a.Have your own fire when the winds blowing thier direction, make sure its got something that will really smoke or stink good.

b. Call the fire department everytime they lite one. Here anyway, ANY outdoor fire is illegal without a prior permit...even trash burning.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Maybe you're calling the wrong police department. Are there any other that you can call? Around here, we have State Troopers, the Sheriffs department, the local police... Check out local laws regarding noise and fire... If you have a copy of the law the next time you call, that might help. Keep a history of the calls and see if you can get a copy of any police reports that might have been filled out for each occasion with pictures to go with. Got a decimeter?

They can have a camp fire, to cook and such. This is beyond that with 20 ft flames. Because he was a volunteer fireman in another town they just tell him to put it out. And leave. We have been taking pictures and video.

The police can be called once a night for noise, more than once and he will be arrested, but he knows that.

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Can you afford a hired hand for a week? Somebody about 6 ft 12 inches, 300 lbs...and get him to break some tree trunks in half with his bare hands, whilst they are looking!!
I canīt believe it...I thought things would be ok now...Sorry to hear your miserable neighbour saga has resurfaced, Steve.

As to my situation...nothing moving at all
We have decided that we are going to sell up and move..but we will hang on until the optimum price for our land is reached.
Painful, but worth the wait
Nick

We are not moving, ever again, sorry to hear your situation has stagnated Nick. We get a contractor that comes by every year and tries to by us out. He would have to offer us ― million to replace this place in today’s market, and I ain’t moving all these animals again.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

a.Have your own fire when the winds blowing thier direction, make sure its got something that will really smoke or stink good.

b. Call the fire department everytime they lite one. Here anyway, ANY outdoor fire is illegal without a prior permit...even trash burning.

There was talk last night of having a pig roast with the United Bikers of Maine.

Roger of course you and the Hooters Girls could come to, along with all of PFF. Just got to dig a pit, no permit needed for that kind of fire. Will keep all posted.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Roger of course you and the Hooters Girls could come to, along with all of PFF.

Are v-twins with virtually un-baffled 3 inch diameter pipes allowed?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Im not on the best of terms with a lot of them. Im the type that tells it like I see it and the ones I really dont like anyway are all fighting among each other like 7th graders. I really only hang out with about 5 or 6 of them anymore. Girls can be such back stabbers to each other. A few have even quit and left because of some of the others attitudes. (were talking like one (their is a pecking order) who makes the same girl clean the ash boxes because she dont like her).
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dguy:

Are v-twins with virtually un-baffled 3 inch diameter pipes allowed?

Sure, but those are kind of small, don’t you have anything bigger? LOL

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Im not on the best of terms with a lot of them. Im the type that tells it like I see it and the ones I really dont like anyway are all fighting among each other like 7th graders. I really only hang out with about 5 or 6 of them anymore. Girls can be such back stabbers to each other. A few have even quit and left because of some of the others attitudes. (were talking like one (their is a pecking order) who makes the same girl clean the ash boxes because she dont like her).

I can just see it, all those girls in one place. What a cat fight.

And what was that about a pecker order?

I pity the poor manager, of course I also envy him to.

------------------

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

That was a few days ago, we called the police and they came, 2 hours later. Cops told them to put the fire out. 2 hours later the fire was still roaring.

So we called them back and they came back with the fire department and put the fire out.

A few days later the start another one, now this kid, 24 used to be a volunteer fireman in another town so they are just not really doing anything other than telling him he is a bad boy and don’t do anything. No fines, just tell him to put the fire out.

Now anybody with a farm, and a barn full of animals knows just how scary having a fire near their barn can be.

So we called the forestry service and they talked to him tonight. No fire tonight but he has one of his cars parked in the back yard with the trunk open blasting this rap crap, just to antagonize us.

This is unbelievable that this crap is starting all over again.

A volunteer fireman starting huge fires next to a barn with animals is totally irresponsible and derelect. He needs to be reported to someone or anyone in authority who will drop a load on him. An email letter sent to the mayors office, fire marshal, forestry dept, city or township codes dept, police, sherrifs, state police departments as well as your local, county and state representative, may as well include the governor's office too. Make sure that they know that your writing to all of them, folow up with snail mail and another email.

With enough complaints, proof of fires with pictures and videos of the fire code violations; couldn't you get some kind of restraining order? Fire and smoke will cause animals to freak out badly, they ain't stupid, smoke aggitates them to no end, let alone your mental aggravation for dealing with this!

Look, they moved in next to you, they understood prior that they were next to a farm, there are normal protocols involved like acting civilized. Maybe try one more time with a witness or through an ambassador to reason with the neighbor and come to an understanding. I'm so upset for you, I'm burning up just writing this, man alive!

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
You know... I don't think I have EVER used that kind of language towards a women.
I am disgusted to know that someone said that to your wife.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Are these people related to the previous neighbors? What a bunch of asses.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Are these people related to the previous neighbors? What a bunch of asses.

No but i think the they both worked at the same auto parts store the other guy did.

------------------

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

Melanie went over and asked the kid, nicely to put the fire out it was filling our house and barn with smoke.

He said “ **** you, you ****en red neck.”

Melanie went off. She went up behind the barn and told him to turn it down, its scaring the horses. He again told her to go “Fuk herself” she went off and told the little pisser to “come on down” he of course ran off at the mouth some more.

That is where things would go from bad to worse. Folks can say what they want to me, but leave my wife out of it. If he is that disrespectful to women, then it would be time to teach him some manners. Don't you still have access to that manure spreader? Isn't it time to fertilize the field between your barn and his house...everyday
RenegadeFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeFiero86Send a Private Message to RenegadeFiero86Direct Link to This Post
wow is this seriously happeneing all over again? if i was you i would call the police and say one of your animals died because of smoke inhalation because his fires are soo large. then get the cops to explain to him he can have a small fire but when it gets huge and animals breath in too much smoke he will have to pay for that stupid mistake i mean what is he doing cooking an elephant? 20ft high flames!? i used to do that as a kid but now i know its just stupid. sounds like the guys a pyro and everything is gunna get burned down.
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
time to burn some old tires
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-01-2007 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
Is hunting legal in your back yard? Might go "rabbit hunting" the next time they are out with their 'campfire'. Might get the hint you arent playing games with them.

You have far more patience then i. If i was in yoru shoes by this point id be in jail i bet, especially after the last neighbor and then having these pinheads calling my wife names.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
When he started swearing at her last night I was just walking in the barn and heard him, so I went out to the back of the barn.

I went off on him and told him he would be going to jail if he didn’t cut the crap out.

Problem is my blood pressure went up so high my left leg started going into spasms and my head started pounding. I think I was real close to having another stroke, Melanie pulled me back in the barn. Luckily nothing more than that happened, after I calmed down the spasm and head pounding went away.

I may have to shoot a couple of raccoons next time they start their crap. Night hunting is legal for them up here all year round, all night long.

------------------

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Time to start harrassing the police and fire department. I'm sure if you call them every time they light up a dangerous fire or play loud music they will start to get tired of coming out. How far is the drive? What's that costing the taxpayers? Make sure the officials are well aware of the time you called last.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by RenegadeFiero86:

wow is this seriously happeneing all over again? if i was you i would call the police and say one of your animals died because of smoke inhalation because his fires are soo large. then get the cops to explain to him he can have a small fire but when it gets huge and animals breath in too much smoke he will have to pay for that stupid mistake i mean what is he doing cooking an elephant? 20ft high flames!? i used to do that as a kid but now i know its just stupid. sounds like the guys a pyro and everything is gunna get burned down.

How often do firefighters start fires?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

How often do firefighters start fires?

I wonder how many firefighters are pyros?

I remember reading about one or 2 getting in all sorts of trouble for starting fires so they could go and put them out. Can’t remember where.

------------------

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

I remember reading about one or 2 getting in all sorts of trouble for starting fires so they could go and put them out. Can’t remember where.

right here in cabin creek WV, we had 6 or so volunteer firemen arrested for starting fires in abandoned houses just so they would get called out to fight them, cost the city TONS of money, plus the actual felony of starting the fires, alteast no one was physically harmed.

matthew

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
do you have enough room to make a nice safe pistol range in your back yard?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

do you have enough room to make a nice safe pistol range in your back yard?

Already have one.

------------------

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Happened here in Tidewater too. Seems to be something in the psychological makeup.... I'd talk to the Firechief wherever he volunteers at and have his superiors set him straight. That sort of potential bad press would be an embarrassment to the department. His disrespect to his neighbors, and verbal abuse towards your wife is indication enough. Stay calm, but apply consistent pressure. This kid needs to grow up. Sorry you are suddenly involved in his education....

PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I don't know why I can't keep this to myself, I can see it coming. And I'm really not trying to start a fight, but usually, when I'm trying to figure out a problem, I typically look at the common denominator. Any chance you're just being a little too demanding, or expecting too much?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

I don't know why I can't keep this to myself, I can see it coming. And I'm really not trying to start a fight, but usually, when I'm trying to figure out a problem, I typically look at the common denominator. Any chance you're just being a little too demanding, or expecting too much?

I don’t know would you call asking someone nicely who starts a fire right next to your barn full of animals and very, very, very flammable hay, to put out the fire be to demanding?

The fire is less than 75 ft from our barn, shooting flames 20’ in the are and burning embers 50 or more ft in the air.

Still think we are being to demanding?

How about asking someone who is blasting their music so load the horses in the barn are going nuts, stamping and pacing in their stalls. To much to ask?

------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-02-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by USFiero:

Happened here in Tidewater too. Seems to be something in the psychological makeup.... I'd talk to the Firechief wherever he volunteers at and have his superiors set him straight. That sort of potential bad press would be an embarrassment to the department. His disrespect to his neighbors, and verbal abuse towards your wife is indication enough. Stay calm, but apply consistent pressure. This kid needs to grow up. Sorry you are suddenly involved in his education....

That’s just it, he used, (USED) to be a Volunteer Fireman in a town a few miles away. He is no longer with them.

He still carries the add on to his license plate and light on the roof saying he is, but we are checking on if he is still on actively.

------------------

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

I don’t know would you call asking someone nicely who starts a fire right next to your barn full of animals and very, very, very flammable hay, to put out the fire be to demanding?

The fire is less than 75 ft from our barn, shooting flames 20’ in the are and burning embers 50 or more ft in the air.

Still think we are being to demanding?

How about asking someone who is blasting their music so load the horses in the barn are going nuts, stamping and pacing in their stalls. To much to ask?

It doesn't matter what I say, you'll say I'm wrong and I don't know what I'm talking about. But I *do* think it's a bit ironic and a little hypocritical, that what originally started this whole thread was your previous neighbors complaining about the noise from your barking dogs. Now you're complaining about the new neighbors making noise with their music. The horses aren't upset by barking dogs but they don't like rap music? Are you sure they aren't just gettin' down? Are you sure it isn't just YOU who doesn't like the music, just like your previous neighbors didn't like the barking dogs? It seems like you want to make all the rules, and have the neighbors meet your expectations. It seems that you want to determine for your neighbors what's acceptable behavior and what isn't. Obviously, the only one here who really knows the WHOLE story is you, all we know is what you've told us, and I NEVER rely on half the story. Obviously you're going to paint a picture that puts you in a certain light. It seems that because you have a "working farm" you feel like you can do whatever you want, and that for the same reason, the neighbors are automatically supposed to comply with your demands. Regardless of whether they're actually reasonable or not. I can tell you this: I own my property, and if I'm not violating any laws, I will (and do) have any size fire any time I want. Frankly, 75 feet to me is a pretty fair distance. I'm pretty sure if you or your wife or whomever came over and tried to tell me I couldn't have a fire on my property, you might meet with a similar reaction. I think it takes a lot of gall to tell someone else what they can or can't do on their property.
I just KNOW you think I'm trying to pick a fight, but I'm not. I'm merely being OBJECTIVE.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
MMMMMM, seems like this house is nothing but a pain in the ass. How about next time he has a big fire built, and he goes indoors or something, sneak over and roll some of his fire logs up to the house, then hope the volunteer fire department has slow response times. I hear converted house trailers go up in a minute. (and I didnt say any of that ..) It of course will be blamed on his own stupidity.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Any fire hydrants nearby? Got a good high pressure water hose on your property? Next time they start a fire, put it out with a couple thousand gallons of water.

It may seem to some people you're being unreasonable, but considering how fast your barn would go up if just one of those embers gets into the hay, it's a necessary precaution.

For the music, get a dB meter. Most areas have a noise ordinance. Measure the noise level and if it's over the legal limit, call the police and show them the evidence. And keep calling the police every single time.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Taijiguy:
The horses aren't upset by barking dogs but they don't like rap music? Are you sure they aren't just gettin' down?

Dumbest quote ever.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Lets see, you don’t own a barn full of animals and hay, do you?

Have you ever seen a barn fire?

A camp fire to cook on is a small fire, not with flames shooting 20’ in the air. And a camp fire is all they are allowed by law here in Maine, without a burn permit, and they would never get a burn permit with the close proximity of their own house and our barn.

Pictures to follow.

------------------

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Lets see, you don’t own a barn full of animals and hay, do you?

Have you ever seen a barn fire?

A camp fire to cook on is a small fire, not with flames shooting 20’ in the air. And a camp fire is all they are allowed by law here in Maine, without a burn permit, and they would never get a burn permit with the close proximity of their own house and our barn.

Pictures to follow.

Then why aren't the in jail or paying fines? I noticed you just breezed right past the noise issue.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock