Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 19)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Dumbest quote ever.

A whole post full of logical thought, and reasonable questions, and that's the best you got? I see objective thinking isn't allowed in this thread...
BTW, it was a JOKE, just because YOU didn't get it.....
IP: Logged
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
From the far side of our barn

From inside our barn.

These are images before it got to high, note the flying sparks.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-02-2007).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

A whole post full of logical thought, and reasonable questions, and that's the best you got? I see objective thinking isn't allowed in this thread...
BTW, it was a JOKE, just because YOU didn't get it.....

Your post was full of something, but it wasn't logical thought. Your "joke" pretty well summed up how useful your reasonable questions were.
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Your post was full of something, but it wasn't logical thought. Your "joke" pretty well summed up how useful your reasonable questions were.

Uhm yeah. OK.

Just because you aren't smart enough to question why the same crap keeps happening, and question the irony of why it's OK for his animals to make noise, but his neighbors can't...
Eh, it's cool. I said my peace. I knew from the start there was way too much of a gang mentality in here to try and introduce any logic but dumbass me had to try anyway.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 08-02-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Then why aren't the in jail or paying fines? I noticed you just breezed right past the noise issue.

This camp fire pit is over 5’ wide, to give the pictures some perspective.

They were fined the first time that the fire department had to come out and put out the fire, $500

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
A barn fire is a farmers worst nightmare. There is no way you can get all the animals out in time. Not to mention the loss of the building.

------------------

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Few items.
No burn permit = no fire period.
There are sound ordinances in effect as well. Past a certain time frame you cannot have loud (certain decibel) music or whatever going.
I dont know what if any laws are regarding barnyard animal sounds there are.

Quick questions though.
You move into a house 75 feet from railroad tracks. Do you expect to have the noise of trains associated with your purchase?
Same with a working farm, you buy it knowing there is a farm there and I cant imagine that during the time of viewing property and such that the animals were dead quiet. You have to have heard them or know they were there. You had to have SMELLED them for sure. Thats why I didnt buy a few houses I looked at due to the close proximity to farms and I myself am not a fan of the fragrances of farm life.
However blasting hiphop past a certain decibel after the time of the ordinance is different. If it was done around the time of the pictures it is after dark which is when the ordinance is in effect. At least around me as I am from maine as well is something like 8 or 9 pm and its full dark around 9 or so. Blasting music like next to a dance club is expected if you were to buy a house next to one yes?
Do I ever make any sense?

Uhm yeah. OK.

Just because you aren't smart enough to question why the same crap keeps happening, and question the irony of why it's OK for his animals to make noise, but his neighbors can't...
Eh, it's cool. I said my peace. I knew from the start there was way too much of a gang mentality in here to try and introduce any logic but dumbass me had to try anyway.

[This message has been edited by HIOSILVER! (edited 08-02-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
It's hard to tell from the pics how much of a threat the fire would be to the barn. From what I can see, it doesn't look too close. Looking at it from their point of view, they can't enjoy an outside fire because you own a barn? That's a tough one for me. Doesn't seem very fair. I understand your concern about the barn, but you do live where you live. Get a pressure washer and keep it hooked up close to the barn. Problem solved.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

Few items.
No burn permit = no fire period.
There are sound ordinances in effect as well. Past a certain time frame you cannot have loud (certain decibel) music or whatever going.
I dont know what if any laws are regarding barnyard animal sounds there are.

Quick questions though.
You move into a house 75 feet from railroad tracks. Do you expect to have the noise of trains associated with your purchase?
Same with a working farm, you buy it knowing there is a farm there and I cant imagine that during the time of viewing property and such that the animals were dead quiet. You have to have heard them or know they were there. You had to have SMELLED them for sure. Thats why I didnt buy a few houses I looked at due to the close proximity to farms and I myself am not a fan of the fragrances of farm life.
However blasting hiphop past a certain decibel after the time of the ordinance is different. If it was done around the time of the pictures it is after dark which is when the ordinance is in effect. At least around me as I am from maine as well is something like 8 or 9 pm and its full dark around 9 or so. Blasting music like next to a dance club is expected if you were to buy a house next to one yes?
Do I ever make any sense?

Very good answer, but they changed that law to allow campfires for cooking food and keeping warm, I know the web site says you still need a permit for the camp fire here in Maine, but it hasn’t been updated since 03.

But a campfire the size of this one is for no other reason than to annoy, scare us. He knows what he built is not a camp fire. He was after all a volunteer fireman in another town.

------------------

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
How about setting this off as the fire burns?

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

It's hard to tell from the pics how much of a threat the fire would be to the barn. From what I can see, it doesn't look too close. Looking at it from their point of view, they can't enjoy an outside fire because you own a barn? That's a tough one for me. Doesn't seem very fair. I understand your concern about the barn, but you do live where you live. Get a pressure washer and keep it hooked up close to the barn. Problem solved.

they just got a pickup truck load of wood for the next fire today i will be going out in the daylight and taking picktures today.

it has been so hot and so little rain here they are not giving out burn permits of any kind,

------------------

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
1 spark in the wind into our barn could set it on fire and there is no way anyone could put it out.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

How about setting this off as the fire burns?

Tell that to the people in California with all those brush fires, we have not had rain in weeks here.
RenegadeFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeFiero86Send a Private Message to RenegadeFiero86Direct Link to This Post
well at this point in time it seems the easiest thing for you would be to buy out the next door property so you have no surrounding neighbors because i know how it is up in the country type area's cause people have high tempers and want their peace and it doesnt sound like your going to get any neighbor with any wits because the property is too expensive for any civil minded person.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
What they are doing is called a bonfire.
From Wikipedia.

A bonfire is a large controlled outdoor fire. The word is believed to be a corruption of "bone fire" deriving from the Celtic festival of Samhain when animal bones were burnt to ward off evil spirits. In Great Britain, bonfires are particularly associated with Night (also known as fireworks night or bonfire night), an annual commemoration of the discovery of the The Fireworks Plot on 5 November 1605. In Sussex they are particularly associated with the execution of Protestant martyrs. In Northern Ireland, they are associated with celebrations on the anniversary of the Battle of the Boyne, which took place on 12 July 1690. Along with the Maypole, it is an important component of the Wiccan and Neopagan celebration of Beltaine, also known as May Day. In the United States, a bonfire is often held at the end of a Homecoming rally.

In many regions of continental Europe, bonfires are made traditionally on 24 June, which is, for Roman Catholics, the solemnity of John the Baptist, but as well on saturday-night before easter. The rite is, however, older, and originally was a pagan celebration of the summer solstice and hence celebrated as "midsummer" on 21 June.

In Iceland, bonfires are traditional on New Year's Eve, and on January 6, which is the last day of the Icelandic Christmas season.

In Japan, large fires called bon-bi are set to welcome the return of the spirits of the ancestors. Though the two terms are not etymologically or historically related, they serve similar purposes and indicate the universal importance of large fires.

The bonfire is part of a ritual of purification and consecration. In ancient times, cattle, important symbols of wealth and status, were led through the smoke of a bonfire. Couples who were to be wed on May Day would leap through the flames of the bonfire to seal their vows. Coals from a bonfire would be taken home to light the fires in family hearths, a practice thought to bring good fortune. It was also believed that the residents of the Faery realm were incapable of producing fire themselves; embers of bonfires would be carried to the underworld and tended there.

Nine woods are placed into a traditional Wiccan balefire. These woods are Rowan, Dogwood, Elder, Poplar, Oak, Juniper, Holly, Cedar, and Apple. Occasionally, Pine is also used instead of Holly or Elder, as are a handful of other woods. In some regions, superstition, religious belief, or tradition prohibits the cutting of certain trees.

Maybe they are Wiccan and it's part of their religious beliefs.

jstntlvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstntlvrClick Here to visit jstntlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to jstntlvrDirect Link to This Post
bairy a Colman propane bottle just bearly under the surface of the fire pit wen they ain't home. bet they get arrested when that goes off. occurs the proximity of your barn and increased likely hood of the fire spreading that would cause is a concern nope never mind wont work in your situation you could bag a few rattlers and relocate them to the wood pile um do you have rattlers that far north

do you have poison ivy chop some up fine and ad it to the fire ring when they ain't around nothing like a case of poison ivy in your lungs. just relocate the animals for a nite after you do it if its at all possible you wouldn't want them to inhale it.

by the way when your old nabors striped that sunflower plant looks to like some one wanted a clear view of your house and the leaves were obstructing it
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
If it takes the fire department a few hours to get there, call them up the minute they light the fire.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Taijiiguy, I have to say something here...apples and potatoes!! people don´t have dogs because they want to hear them barking, except as a warning that something unusual is going on...same as people don´t play ANY sort of music, loud or not, for any other purpose than pleasure..or in this case as a weapon If a guy has to have a generator running for his work, that has to be understood...but somebody leaving a motorbike engine running for no reason is not understandable..
Nick

Then why aren't the in jail or paying fines? I noticed you just breezed right past the noise issue.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

<snip> (just to save space)

I have no idea what the ordinances are in Maine, but I know that where I live for example, we are out in the boonies, outside city limits, and are only under county control. We can, (and have had) fires of all kinds, including some larger than that being discussed here. In Virginia Beach I used to have a big bonfire party every year within the city limits, and you were only required to A) have it contained within a heavy steel fencing, and B) have a water hose pressurized and ready to go. I still had neighbors calling the FD on me every year. I was never cited, in fact by the third year, they (the FD) knew who I was and knew the situation. And I'm sure, if those people who called had been posting their side of the story in here, everyone would be thinking I was the bad neighbor. Big shocker coming here: I wasn't having the fire just to piss of my neighbors, or to scare them. I was doing it because I WANTED one, and it was legal for me to do it. And no amount of complaining from those neighbors was going to stop me. In fact, I started having two a year just to SPITE those people. Does that make me a bad neighbor? Or does it make me someone who's just not about to be pushed around by some paranoid old woman who thinks I have nothing better to do than think of ways to scare her. News flash for her: she just wasn't that important.
As for the noise, I don't think the analogy about the train is accurate because I doubt the railroad will complain about any noise coming from a house near their tracks. But aside from that, I still think it's hugely ironic that the original neighbors complained about the noise, and I'm betting that noise still continues, barking dogs and all, he doesn't like having neighbors who make their own noise.
Don't get me wrong, I'd probably hate like hell having cRAP blasted in my direction, but I hafta say, fair is fair.

Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post
Ever think perhaps the neighbors are not the problem?... It would seem to me that the paranoia you are suffering with should be checked out by your health care professional. Who lives in the country and gripes about small things like bon-fires?.... Lucky for you that you no longer live in Tennessee is all i can say....

Tim Pollard
dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nazareth:
Who lives in the country and gripes about small things like bon-fires?

Have you ever seen how easily a fire will take to a wooden structure which is full of wood shavings and dried vegetation (i.e. straw, hay, grains)?
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Taijiiguy, I have to say something here...apples and potatoes!! people don´t have dogs because they want to hear them barking, except as a warning that something unusual is going on...same as people don´t play ANY sort of music, loud or not, for any other purpose than pleasure..or in this case as a weapon If a guy has to have a generator running for his work, that has to be understood...but somebody leaving a motorbike engine running for no reason is not understandable..
Nick

I don't necessarily agree with that. That isn't to say I don't understand the point you're trying to make, and I understand why (and that) you feel that way, I just don't really agree. I just think noise is noise, plain and simple. And there is apparently every reason under the sun for it being OK for all the noise coming from the farm, and the neighbors can just go to hell if they don't like it. Yet, a dose of that same medicine is reciprocated, and those people are the bad ones? I just can't get on that bandwagon. And yes, I can see where there's a reasonable expectation that they would look at the house and go, "Yup, it's right next to a working farm, we can expect plenty of noise." And it's ALSO reasonable to me that their NEXT thought would be, "Cool! No one can complain about all the noise *I* like to make!"

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
A cow does not moo out of spite do they? So how can you compare blasting of music to sounds animals make? Whats fair about that?

Snip also to save space.
Don't get me wrong, I'd probably hate like hell having cRAP blasted in my direction, but I hafta say, fair is fair.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nazareth:

Ever think perhaps the neighbors are not the problem?... It would seem to me that the paranoia you are suffering with should be checked out by your health care professional. Who lives in the country and gripes about small things like bon-fires?.... Lucky for you that you no longer live in Tennessee is all i can say....

Tim Pollard

People who have a barn with animals and hay less than 100 ft from an open bonfire.

------------------

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

A cow does not moo out of spite do they? So how can you compare blasting of music to sounds animals make? Whats fair about that?

Who says they're doing it out of spite, except the person who doesn't like it? When some jerk off with 50 speakers in his car pulls up next to you at a light and sits there with his license plate rattling, is he doing it out of spite? It's like I said previously, I NEVER make any judgments or assumptions based on one very biased description of a situation. I know that's not a popular thing in this thread.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Who says they're doing it out of spite, except the person who doesn't like it? When some jerk off with 50 speakers in his car pulls up next to you at a light and sits there with his license plate rattling, is he doing it out of spite? It's like I said previously, I NEVER make any judgments or assumptions based on one very biased description of a situation. I know that's not a popular thing in this thread.

In the state of Maine when a house is sold by a real-estate agent they have to be given discloser if they are within a ˝ mile of a farm and that says that they are not allowed to complain about the noise, smell, farming practices. As long as they are within state laws for farming.

We are.

------------------

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

People who have a barn with animals and hay less than 100 ft from an open bonfire.

Just curious, and this is a serious question; what would be a "safe" distance as far as you're concerned? And, is their property large enough that they could accommodate that? Or is there just no place on their property they could have a fire that would be OK with you? Or do they just need to keep it to a size that you say is OK?
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Taijiguy

12198 posts
Member since Jul 99

In the state of Maine when a house is sold by a real-estate agent they have to be given discloser if they are within a ˝ mile of a farm and that says that they are not allowed to complain about the noise, smell, farming practices. As long as they are within state laws for farming.

We are.

It doesn't sound as if they are the ones complaining in this case....
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
http://maps.google.com/maps...003616&t=h&z=18&om=1

Maybe this will give you guys a better idea of just how close this place is to our barn.

Our barn is 40’ wide, east to west and 80’ long North to south in this picture. The largest building in the picture.

The property line runs between our barn and the small shed on their property. They are building the fire half way between their house and our barn,

Sorry but I can’t figure out how to draw on this map, or save it and draw on it.

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 457
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

i think the they (the new neighbors) both worked at the same auto parts store the other guy (old neighbor) did.

Information in brackets above has been added by me. I hope it's correct.

they just got a pickup truck load of wood for the next fire

Nobody has commented on this "load of wood". Are they bringing wood onto the property to burn (as opposed to cleaning up scrap wood from the property itself)? If so, it seems to me like they are purposely trying to provoke you (possibly due to a connection with the past neighbor).

This situation sucks.
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Nobody has commented on this "load of wood". Are they bringing wood onto the property to burn (as opposed to cleaning up scrap wood from the property itself)? If so, it seems to me like they are purposely trying to provoke you (possibly due to a connection with the past neighbor).

This situation sucks.

To me, that's the problem, there is a LOT of assumption here. Just because they aren't being intimidated into compliance with what may well be unreasonable demands, doesn't mean they're doing it out of malice, maybe they just aren't about to be pushed around. I don't blame them. I have friends who live in a neighborhood where they aren't supposed to leave cars in their driveway overnight. Can you believe that? I've told them right off if it was me, I'd park a DUMP TRUCK in my driveway and take the friggin' tires off'n it. Now THAT just might be considered malicious. But if I left a car in my driveway, well, to me, that would just be me exercising my rights, and I suspect that's all these neighbors are doing.
Why do people think that just because these people aren't bowing to his demands that they're just trying to piss him off? It seems they were having fires BEFORE he complained, so what's changed?

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

that would just be me exercising my rights, and I suspect that's all these neighbors are doing.

How can the neighbors just be exercising their "rights" when it's already been established (according to what we've been told) that the fires these people have been burning are not legal?

A camp fire to cook on is a small fire, not with flames shooting 20’ in the air. And a camp fire is all they are allowed by law here in Maine, without a burn permit, and they would never get a burn permit with the close proximity of their own house and our barn.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-02-2007).]

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
A bon fire of that size in the State of Maine without a burn permit is illegal, case closed.
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

They have a right to not be dictated to on their own property. If they're violating some law, then that's another matter, but that's for the police to deal with. Whether anyone else sees it or not, there are two groups of people here who have dug their heels in and aren't about to give an inch. As I said, I can't blame these people, if a neighbor wants to come over and try to sass me on my own property, and have a dick-banging contest with me, I'm more'n happy to whip it out and play. That's exactly what we have here. I'm not necessarily saying these people are right or wrong, but I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon and condemn them without knowing the whole story, and I don't think we know much more than a tiny little sliver of what's really happening.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

As I said, I can't blame these people, if a neighbor wants to come over and try to sass me on my own property, and have a dick-banging contest with me, I'm more'n happy to whip it out and play. That's exactly what we have here.

Seems to me you're now the one guilty of making an assumption.

To me, that's the problem, there is a LOT of assumption here.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Where's the assumption on my part? There was a confrontation. That has been stated. No assumption there.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Where's the assumption on my part? There was a confrontation. That has been stated. No assumption there.

Okay fine...

According to you, it’s been firmly established that Mrs 84fiero123 went over to “sass” the neighbor as this was nothing more than a “dick-banging contest” (although I would hope that Mrs 84fiero123 would lose such an event due to the lack of necessary equipment).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-03-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
http://maps.google.com/maps...003616&t=h&z=18&om=1

Lets see if this worked, this shows their boundaries and the location of the fire.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Well the state humane officer came this afternoon to serve them with a notice that if they started another fire and the smoke went into the barn he will be arrested for felony cruelty to animals.

I put a CO2 alarm in the barn this evening. Hopefully this will stop the fires so close to our barn and as you can see their whole property is only 125’ wide. That is on the deed, 125’ X 300’.

------------------

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
That looks pretty close to the woods. I guess they don't care if they set them on fire.
What gives them the right to say the things they said to 84fiero123's wife? That just shows that they are some sort of white trash redneck wannabees. If they were any kind of civilized person they would have listened to their neighbors concerns and acted neighborly by saying they were sorry about the smoke and noise and would try to remedy the situation, instead they act like they can do anything they Goddam please and no one should tell them what to do on their property. These people don't want to be friends or get along with their neighbors, they just want to be a$$holes. It's a good thing the law is not in their favor and this will come back to bite them in the arse. Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves. Who knows, they even set their own house on fire by accident, it would be a shame if their phone lines got burnt and they couldn't call for help. I don't think 84fiero123 would like them coming over then to ask to use the phone. I also expect he would be answering his door with his gun drawn.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock