Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
I know how you feel.. We had neighbors like that a year ago.. they even had a teenage daughter that was 200+ pounds above the legal limit sunbathing in the backyard about 10 feet froom our rear deck at times (once topless) *shudder*

2 words... ELECTRIC FENCE.. Not the puny little one that will givee you a little twitch when you touch it, but one that will cause widespead blackouts across Maine

Watch your stuff close, vehicles,etc.. I had a beer bottle jammed up under the back of one of our tires the same night I had an argument with my ex neighbors about them drinking loudly outside and causing noise at 2 am. I saw the bottle before we moved the car though.

Good luck!

IP: Logged
88 Formula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
When the survey is done, make sure there are more than just wooden stakes put in. Demand pins (usually 2' - 3' piece of rebar) be pounded in, difficult to remove. You can also use pieces of light angle iron, old bed frames are a good source. I did that on my property corners and can still find them after 14 yrs. You want to pound them down almost flush so they're tough to pull out.
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Formula:

When the survey is done, make sure there are more than just wooden stakes put in. Demand pins (usually 2' - 3' piece of rebar) be pounded in, difficult to remove. You can also use pieces of light angle iron, old bed frames are a good source. I did that on my property corners and can still find them after 14 yrs. You want to pound them down almost flush so they're tough to pull out.

My brother in law used old car axels. Just knocked out the wheel studs. He didn't have neighbor problems, just didn't want to do it again.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
We are going to have it steel pined and then underground pins that can be found with a metal detector. Then written in both deeds. And making them pay for all of it if we have to put a lean on the deed. All within our legal rights for all the crap they have put us threw.

I have had all I can stand and Melanie is ready to shoot them the first time someone crosses the property line. She’s buying a hip holster for her Glock and is carrying if from now on, right in plane sight, legal here in Maine to walk down the street with one as long as it is in plain sight.

Really didn’t want it to go this far but they started it and have been pushing it ever since the day they called at 12:30 AM complaining about dogs barking.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by isthiswhereiputausername?:

2 words... ELECTRIC FENCE.. Not the puny little one that will givee you a little twitch when you touch it, but one that will cause widespead blackouts across Maine

Good luck!

220 volt electric fence should do it

------------------

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
You need to host a Fiero event at your house and invite all the Fieros in a three or four state area, have everyone that owns a firearm bring it and "practce" on your range. Do it every saturday and sunday for the next year or so. Just as long as you are legal that is. Make it as fun for them as they have for you. Only problem I see is your farm animals may not take kindly to all the noise.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

You need to host a Fiero event at your house and invite all the Fieros in a three or four state area, have everyone that owns a firearm bring it and "practce" on your range. Do it every saturday and sunday for the next year or so. Just as long as you are legal that is. Make it as fun for them as they have for you. Only problem I see is your farm animals may not take kindly to all the noise.

The farm animals should be used to the noise by now, between the glock and the 12 gauge shotgun. Just keep them in the barns for the shooting.

Would love to host the crew, got plenty of room, 25 acres and anyone that wants to shoot is welcome to. Hell Wal Mart is a half mile away for ammo if we run out, and we are on a first name basis with all the local cops, town, county, even sheriffs dept.

------------------

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Buy some loud outdoor speakers and play classical music or something you would think the "adorable" neighbors would love to hear, If you dont want to listen to it, play it when your away.. Play it as loud as you can legally and let anyone who asks about it, that its to help calm and sooth the livestock

fierogofast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogofastSend a Private Message to fierogofastDirect Link to This Post
i have got a 45 thats plenty loud a free flowing exhaust on my fiero and a probe with 2 subs haha that should be enough noise now to get some drag cars down there LOL
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
survey
fence

do not escalate to deadly force until youve tried the non-lethal approaches.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:
survey
fence
do not escalate to deadly force until youve tried the non-lethal approaches.

Very good advise, just not as much fun.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Got to agree.

I like the 220 volt electric fence, and the Fiero event.

Choppers coming in blasting The Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now sounds like a great idea.

Anyone here got a chopper license?

It would be worth what ever the cost might be to have someone coming in over the hill to the house and as they do we all open up on targets.

I am a very sick man.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
This is a picture from the inside of my barn looking out to the neighbors house.

The property line is just this side of the light pole, about one ft. this side of the light pole. So you can see that when they bought the place they knew our barn was here and that it was a working farm.

Like I have said before, the house is less than 100 ft from our barn.

Sorry I hadn’t posted this earlier but I have been having trouble getting it hosted. May have been my slow dial up connection.

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I had one neighbor years ago just complain about me driving down my driveway that went between our houses to my garage late at nite. Claimed it allways woke her up when my lights went past her bedroom. One night, had perfect timing flying back from DC in my plane in the middle of the night. Approach was right over my house on that particular nite. I just made sure I came in as low as legal and gave a burst of wide open throttle right at the house. I got home and found some of my stuff on the floor so I knew it must have been pretty loud. She knew I owned my own plane and went out of town a lot and came back late. I never heard a peep from her again.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
Choppers coming in blasting The Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now sounds like a great idea.
Anyone here got a chopper license?
It would be worth what ever the cost might be to have someone coming in over the hill to the house and as they do we all open up on targets.

As a matter of fact, yes. Well, I'm no longer current. But, I'm not sure you realize what a helicopter costs per hour. Also, the FAA kind of frowns on that kind of activity.

------------------
Ron

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I know it’s not legal, but I did saw that I’m a very sick man.

Just about to check just how much it will cost, I know they are the most expensive of all aircraft to fly and maintain because of all the things that go with it. Maintenance, fuel, and all the others.

It just seems like the perfect way to get back at them.

I do have a friend who owns a recording studio and could borrow some heavy duty amps and speakers, he’s a hot sht and would enjoy pissing these people off as he has first hand knowledge of what's been going on.

------------------

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I'm confused. You're bitching about these neighbours, but then making a game of trying to piss them off? WHy don't you just build a fence and be done with it? You're never going to get along (from what you say), no matter how much you piss them off, so why even bother? Just fence up and ignore them.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

I'm confused. You're bitching about these neighbours, but then making a game of trying to piss them off? WHy don't you just build a fence and be done with it? You're never going to get along (from what you say), no matter how much you piss them off, so why even bother? Just fence up and ignore them.

Read the very first post on the very first page I wrote we tried to do just that but they say they own more of our land than they do.

They started this by pulling down a temporary fences we put up after sending them a certified letter 2 weeks before that we were going to. If they didn’t agree get a survey, We would even pay half the cost of the survey.

I’m blowing off steam more than anything else, I don’t think I would do most of what we are talking about, most

PS

The house is up for sale by a realtor. As of this morning when I left to pick up a new plasma cutter. The realestate listing is full of false info and we will be calling them tomorrow.

We are getting a new survey and putting up a new fence as soon as he pounds the pins in.

------------------

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

i understand completely
my neighbor has dogs that bark all day and night. i cant tell you how many times ive idly considered blasting them into oblivion. there's .223 for rover, .45 for spot, 30-06 for lassie and 9mm for rin-tin-tin. then start over, once i get the hoppes, CLP and boresnakes out i might as well clean them all, weve still got 12 ga, and 8mm mauser and .22 and .58 and 30-40 krag and .54 and .44 and ......

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Read the very first post on the very first page I wrote we tried to do just that but they say they own more of our land than they do.
They started this by pulling down a temporary fences we put up after sending them a certified letter 2 weeks before that we were going to. If they didn’t agree get a survey, We would even pay half the cost of the survey. I’m blowing off steam more than anything else, I don’t think I would do most of what we are talking about, most
PS
The house is up for sale by a realtor. As of this morning when I left to pick up a new plasma cutter. The realestate listing is full of false info and we will be calling them tomorrow.
We are getting a new survey and putting up a new fence as soon as he pounds the pins in.

You might want to hold off on that survey till they sell the house, split it with the new owners. Just a thought.

------------------
Ron

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

You might want to hold off on that survey till they sell the house, split it with the new owners. Just a thought.

Survey is of our property so it can be put in at the town hall, on our deed and theirs with property ownership of the fence because it will be right on the property line. Perfectly legal for a farm fence in Maine already check with code enforcement.

Because of all the trouble these people have caused, Code Enforcement, Chief of police, town manager, even the DA have all told us that we can sue them for the cost and get it.

They need to, by new state law to get their own survey before the place can be sold, also all other things must be up to code.
Well,
Septic,
Distances from property lines for all buildings and septic.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
fierogofast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogofastSend a Private Message to fierogofastDirect Link to This Post
i think for the most part the gun talk was for the noise factor any ways if the fiero thing ever goes through i wouldnt mind i dont think farmaington is too far from lewiston area
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post

I’m blowing off steam more than anything else, I don’t think I would do most of what we are talking about, most

Yea, cause here's a conversation I hope I never hear,

What did you do today?

I shot my neighbor.

You shot your neighbor?

Yea, but I was justified. They were trespassing. Plus they tore down my fence.

Yea, okay.

Shyster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShysterClick Here to visit Shyster's HomePageSend a Private Message to ShysterDirect Link to This Post

Because of all the trouble these people have caused, Code Enforcement, Chief of police, town manager, even the DA have all told us that we can sue them for the cost and get it.

Yes, but can you also get attorney's fees? And are you willing to front attorney's fees based on the likelihood that you win?

I am not denigrating your cause, and based on what I've read here, you have a righteous complaint, but there's a difference between costs (variant #1, as in, losses one experiences due to another's acts), costs (variant #2, as in, costs of court), and attorney's fees. Remedies vary from state to state, and your state may be different than mine. You may be able to recover "costs," but not "attorney's fees." The thing I least want to hear someone say is, "We won a judgment for our $750 in costs. We paid our attorney $25,000 to get it. Oh, yeah, and the defendants are insolvent, so we can't even collect the $750." (Unfortunately, this (or some variant of it) happens a lot). You may, or may not, have a small claims court with jurisdictional limits that would let you effectively plead your own case. You may or may not win there. I don't know your local laws. Just please be careful before launching into a legal dispute thinking that you're going to recover everything you expend.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
that's a house? i'd shoot off some bottle rockets and burn that shanty down.

also if you're trying to get them out i wouldn't correct the realator. whoever you get in there has to be better than those folks.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogofast:

i think for the most part the gun talk was for the noise factor any ways if the fiero thing ever goes through i wouldnt mind i dont think farmaington is too far from lewiston area

Lewiston to Farmington is 45 min. to 1 hour.

Originally posted by countach711:

Yea, cause here's a conversation I hope I never hear,

What did you do today?

I shot my neighbor.

You shot your neighbor?

Yea, but I was justified. They were trespassing. Plus they tore down my fence.

Yea, okay.

My wife weights in under 125lbs. Both of these jerks weight over 200 lbs. If they are trying anything it would be justified to shoot, at least here in Maine. Here you are allowed to carry anyplace in the state as long as it is in full view. You can walk down Maine St. with loaded gun on your hip.

Originally posted by Shyster:

Yes, but can you also get attorney's fees? And are you willing to front attorney's fees based on the likelihood that you win?

I am not denigrating your cause, and based on what I've read here, you have a righteous complaint, but there's a difference between costs (variant #1, as in, losses one experiences due to another's acts), costs (variant #2, as in, costs of court), and attorney's fees. Remedies vary from state to state, and your state may be different than mine. You may be able to recover "costs," but not "attorney's fees." The thing I least want to hear someone say is, "We won a judgment for our $750 in costs. We paid our attorney $25,000 to get it. Oh, yeah, and the defendants are insolvent, so we can't even collect the $750." (Unfortunately, this (or some variant of it) happens a lot). You may, or may not, have a small claims court with jurisdictional limits that would let you effectively plead your own case. You may or may not win there. I don't know your local laws. Just please be careful before launching into a legal dispute thinking that you're going to recover everything you expend.

Being a working farm we are given, (given free of charge) legal representation free of charge when it relates to the farm. By the AGA ( I think that's them). Agricultural lawyers, federal.

------------------

fierogofast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogofastSend a Private Message to fierogofastDirect Link to This Post
really i wasnt sure i always read that you need the ammo and guns seperated while traveling what other towns surround farmington i know ive been up there just been so long i forgot im only 23 so even tho it probaly was only like 6 yrs ago the a 1/4th of my life
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogofast:

really i wasnt sure i always read that you need the ammo and guns seperated while traveling what other towns surround farmington i know ive been up there just been so long i forgot im only 23 so even tho it probaly was only like 6 yrs ago the a 1/4th of my life

Get on Rt. 4 and head north to Sugarloaf, from Lewiston, Turner, Livermore Falls, Jay, Wilton, and then you are in Farmington.

As far as traveling all weapons in cars must be visible and unloaded. Walking down the street they must be in sight, unloaded or loaded, unless you have a concealed weapons permit.

Ask any local cop.

------------------

Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

I say put up some signs advertising the most aggressive laws that apply to your property, such as "Trespassers will be shot on sight"

"TRESPASSERS will be SHOT; SURVIVORS will be PROSECUTED."

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...

04 Mustang Cobra
-K&N FIPK (first mod, woo-hoo!)

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulk:

"TRESPASSERS will be SHOT; SURVIVORS will be PROSECUTED."

No no, its...

"Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
good grief, i just looked at Farmington on the map. if i lived up there i'd carry a gun too. i hear they have Wookies that run wild.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

good grief, i just looked at Farmington on the map. if i lived up there i'd carry a gun too. i hear they have Wookies that run wild.

Wookies, Bigfoot, Abdominal snowman, Nessy, Trolls, etc.

And that’s just next door.

Dam my wife was on the phone with the Surveyor who is coming this morning at 9:30 to do the job and I started roaring.

Thanks dude we needed that!

------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-30-2006).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
????????????????

No. Not Federal. Maybe some kind of Farm Bureau or something State based, but not Federal.

John Stricker

Being a working farm we are given, (given free of charge) legal representation free of charge when it relates to the farm. By the AGA ( I think that's them). Agricultural lawyers, federal.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

????????????????

No. Not Federal. Maybe some kind of Farm Bureau or something State based, but not Federal.

John Stricker

USDA sorry John got my acronyms mixed up.

Short term memory loss, STML

Right to farm act is a life saver from people like this.

------------------

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

that's a house? i'd shoot off some bottle rockets and burn that shanty down.

I was thinking that maybe they should reattach some wheels and move it further away from the barn. The hardest part would be having the septic and well move with the house.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Nope, don't think so. USDA is the feds and believe me, they're too busy with lawyers prosecuting and defending their own butts to pay for anyone else. There is no FEDERAL right to farm act that I'm aware of.

John Stricker

USDA sorry John got my acronyms mixed up.

Short term memory loss, STML

Right to farm act is a life saver from people like this.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2005-06/htm/Bill%20Reports/Senate%20Final/5962.FBR.htm

FINAL BILL REPORT
ESB 5962
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C 511 L 05
Synopsis as Enacted

Brief Description: Concerning customary agricultural practices.

Sponsors: Senators Haugen, Schoesler, Rasmussen, Morton, Shin and Delvin.

Senate Committee on Agriculture & Rural Economic Development
House Committee on Economic Development, Agriculture & Trade

Background: In a nuisance lawsuit, a plaintiff may sue a property owner based on the claim that the defendant makes unreasonable use of their property to the detriment of the plaintiff's property. These lawsuits may, for example, seek to prevent noise or odors.

The Washington Right to Farm Act provides that agricultural activities conducted on farmland, if consistent with good agricultural practice and established prior to surrounding non-agricultural activities, are presumed to be reasonable and therefore do not constitute "nuisances" that may be prevented in a lawsuit. An exception is specified for activities that have a substantial adverse effect on public health and safety. However, if agricultural activities are undertaken in conformity with applicable laws and regulations, they are presumed to be good agricultural practices not affecting public health and safety.

It is suggested that farmers in urbanizing areas are subjected to unfounded nuisance lawsuits, and that these unfounded lawsuits should be discouraged. It is also suggested that certain farming practices should be exempt from air pollution standards under the state Clean Air Act (violation of which may potentially subject a farm to liability).

Summary: Nuisance Claims. A farmer who prevails in a claim alleging that agricultural activity on a farm constitutes a nuisance may recover full, reasonably incurred costs and expenses, as determined by a court.

Violation of Specified Laws. A farmer who prevails in a claim: (1) based on an allegation that agricultural activity on a farm violates specified laws; (2) where the activity is not found to violate the laws; and (3) actual damages are realized by the farm, may recover full, reasonably incurred costs and expenses, as determined by a court. A farmer may not recover costs and expenses from a state or local agency investigating or pursuing an enforcement action.

Recoverable costs and expenses include actual damages--including lost revenue and the replacement value of crops or livestock damaged or unable to be harvested or sold--and reasonable attorneys' fees and costs. A farmer may, in addition, recover exemplary (punitive) damages if a court finds that the claim was initiated maliciously and without probable cause.

Agency Investigative Costs. Where a state or local agency is required to investigate a complaint alleging that agricultural activity on a farm violates specified laws, and the activity is not found to violate the laws, the agency may recover its investigative costs and expenses if a court determines that the complaint was initiated maliciously and without probable cause.

Notice to Buyers. A seller of land located within one mile of a farm must make the following statement available to a buyer: "This notice is to inform prospective residents that the real property they are about to acquire lies within one mile of the property boundary of a farm. The farm may generate usual and ordinary noise, dust, odors, and other associated conditions, and these practices are protected by the Washington right to farm act."

Air Pollution Exemptions. Fugitive dust caused by agricultural activity on agricultural land that is consistent with good agricultural practices is expressly exempted from Washington Clean Air Act standards. "Fugitive dust" is defined as particulate emission made airborne by human activity, forces of wind, or both, which does not pass through a stack, chimney, vent, or similar opening. The exemption generally applies to soil preparation, planting, fertilizing, weed and pest control, and harvesting; it also applies to dust generation from feedlots with fewer than 1,000 head of cattle.

The newly-established dust exemption, and an existing exemption for odors, applies to dust and odor caused by shellfish production.

Votes on Final Passage:

Senate 47 2
House 94 0 (House amended)
Senate 38 6 (Senate concurred)

Effective: July 24, 2005

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
The surveyors just left to right the report and will be back to set the pins, run a string line, buck the trees and give us a tour of the line and then give them a tour of the line.

Basically they should have kept their mouths shut.

They lost 40’ of length and now their septic and garden is on our property.

None of our stuff is over the line, like they have been saying all along.

We will be taking them to small claims court because it will be quicker for the cost of the survey, And the cost of the fence to keep their dogs out.

The fence will be right on the property line and owned by us, nothing they can do about it now.

THEIR FUKKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THEIR MOUTHS SHUT.

------------------

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
40' Damn!!!! I'd hate to be the surveyor that has to go tell the wife this. Better have the Sheriff on standby. This is gonna get uglier. Please take some pictures after the Cops get there.

------------------
Ron

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

...They lost 40’ of length and now their septic and garden is on our property...

You ought to figure out a way to charge them for this transgression. (That might not be possible since it has been that way for so long.)
If you can do it, and they don't pay, place a lein on the property.

If nothing else, you can tie up these morons (and their money) in court for years.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock