Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 20)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nazareth:
Lucky for you that you no longer live in Tennessee is all i can say....

Lucky for me that you live 1000 miles away is all i can say...

IP: Logged
HIOSILVER!

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Not necessarily. You may be surprised what laws there are. What if I told you I cant cut 1 tree on my property without permission from a group that will send someone to mark what trees I can and cant cut? What if I told you I cant put a dock on my property without permission? And I quote the person I spoke to" we dont let just anybody build a dock on the river. " I have 105 feet of riverfront property. What if I told you that I cant expand my own driveway without permission from 2 separate entities? And its over 100 yards away from the river? Plus my house was built on a dump site? There is acually 3 complete rear ends from looks like large trucks in the river at the base of my property that I am not allowed to move? Or clean my bank which must have over a thousand old bottles and trash that is visible that I cant clean or make a path to so my son can fish? Plus around here if you let your property go into disrepair you can be forced to make repairs just based on your neighbors complaining you are bringing down the values of their properties or the city will do so if you cant afford to and then bill you and if you cant pay put a lien on your house and eventually own it and auction it.

All true my friend. I know where you are going with your points we dont have the other side of the story. Maybe 84fiero123 should give him the link to here and get his side? Think about it though a fire that size how can he control it with a garden hose? There are rules governing size of fires and the ability to control them.

Fire that size without permit is illegal they were within their rights to phone it in and complain. And the current weather we have had lately there is no way any permits would be given with the danger level as it is. We have forestry signs posted in some areas that have good ole smokey the bear that displays the current fire danger level. And its high.

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

They have a right to not be dictated to on their own property. If they're violating some law, then that's another matter, but that's for the police to deal with. Whether anyone else sees it or not, there are two groups of people here who have dug their heels in and aren't about to give an inch. As I said, I can't blame these people, if a neighbor wants to come over and try to sass me on my own property, and have a dick-banging contest with me, I'm more'n happy to whip it out and play. That's exactly what we have here. I'm not necessarily saying these people are right or wrong, but I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon and condemn them without knowing the whole story, and I don't think we know much more than a tiny little sliver of what's really happening.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
What HIOSILVER said is all true and more. This state has been taken over by Massholes who want it just the way they had it in Taxachusettes. So now you need a permit to do anything on your own property.

I have a little brook going right threw the back of our property and I cant even cross it with a 4 wheel drive truck.

Can’t build a bridge over it without permits from the EPA and the bridge has to meet their standards.

I can’t build a pond on my property, even though I have more than enough room, 25 acres, without a permit, sight evaluation, and a bunch of other crap.

I have to follow the rules, the laws, why shouldn’t my neighbors?

I can’t have a fire without a permit, and right now the fire danger is so high I wouldn’t if they would allow it, which they won’t.

The guy got fined for the first fire after the fire department had to come back and put it out when he didn’t.

Now if he starts another without a permit of any size, he will be arrested on the spot and fined and be liable for any damages to our farm or farm production.
------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-02-2007).]

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Speaking of taxes I just got a letter from the city ther reevaluated the values in my area.

My house went from 137k value to 230k value. They taxed me at 18.10 per valued thousand previously for the mill rate. Or about 2600. They said "hey we're reducing your mill rate to 14 per 1000. Aint that great!" that puts my taxes to 3200. When I bought the house 4 years ago it taxes were 2000.

Up 1200 in 5 years. THey talked about freezing the tax rate for year round citizens and letting those part time go up and the guy they spoke to was from Mass that had 2 summer homes up here and one in mass and he was irate. Said it wasnt fair. Understandably but if you can own 3 homes I think you can afford the taxes seeing as though Im picking up a 2nd job to be able to pay mine. You can buy a house cheap in maine and you make more in mass salary wise than you can in maine.
I would say a good 80% of the homes on the coast are owned by out of state people in my area. In winter they are literally ghost towns. I plow for 3 people down there so I drive through the coastline and 1 of my customers has me plow for him even though he lives in FL for the winter. So he paid me over 300 bucks last winter to plow a residence that he didnt use. I mail his bills to FL.

[This message has been edited by HIOSILVER! (edited 08-02-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Frankly, 75 feet to me is a pretty fair distance. I'm pretty sure if you or your wife or whomever came over and tried to tell me I couldn't have a fire on my property, you might meet with a similar reaction. I think it takes a lot of gall to tell someone else what they can or can't do on their property.
I just KNOW you think I'm trying to pick a fight, but I'm not. I'm merely being OBJECTIVE.

You sound just like the last neighbors and these. You can’t tell me what to do on my property.

Well to a degree you are right as long as you follow the local rules, regulations and laws just like me and everyone else in this state have to.

But when you endanger my life and livelihood you are not following all the rules.

When the state humane officer showed up she said “you got to be kidding, don’t these people realize all it would take is one spark and the barn, or chicken house would go up in less than a minute.”

Melanie’s goats gave half as much milk when they were burning as they normally did, the chickens laid half as many eggs. So this also impacted our income as well.

We live a dieing lifestyle than most but it is ours and we try to be good neighbors to all our neighbors. Most buy our farm fresh eggs and goats milk, and goats milk soap at half what we charge at the fairs around the state.

I don’t go out at midnight target shooting, weld and grind in my shop at 3 AM.

Why should I have to worry about these jerks.

------------------

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
UPDATE
My city found a million dollar surplus in the budget! Ironic isnt it?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

UPDATE
My city found a million dollar surplus in the budget! Ironic isnt it?

Cool where the hell do you live?

If they ever found a million dollar surplus here it would disappear.

I wonder if your taxes will go down now?

Our place is under agricultural so our rate is one of the lowest.

But with the housing market boom we are probably at double what we paid as far as how much the place is worth now.

Taxes suck but like death, they are inevitable.

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2007 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I don´t know Steve, except from being on PFF, and chatting on the Forum. I know Steve can come across as a bit tetchy and grumpy . We had a few chats a long time ago...and guess what!! He has a heart of gold, as does his wife Melanie. Like almost ALL people in this World, they respond to respect, kindness and friendship, if we bother to think before we speak. I am willing to bet my LIFE that Melanie was respectful and polite in the first encounter.Remember, they greeted the new neighbours with a social visit,grateful that the old neighbours had moved on, accompanied by a welcoming gift.I wonder how that was received? At face value, I should imagine these people were rather incredulous that neighbours would behave in such an 'Olde Worlde' fashion, and probably poured disdain on the kindness, between themselves, and out of earshot.In my experience, town and city dwellers end up living an encapsulated lifestyle, because 'neighbourliness' has died out there.I know many many people who live in cities...and when I say 'What interests do your neighbours have'...they look at me as if I am insane!! 'How the heck should I know? I keep myself to myself..and so do they'...and guess what? that sort of attitude leads to confrontations when the time comes that you HAVE to talk to them, perhaps over a conflict of interests. If the only time you talk to somebody is as a result of a conflict of interest, it will be in a state of wariness, not open-mindedness..
I didn´t like having to have new neighbours in houses that were built illegally in the first place. But, Ellie and I thought about it a lot,( with a LOT of consideration forcommonsense comments from other PFF'ers in the thread ) and realised the new neighbours didn´t build the houses..they just bought them.And so, we welcomed the PEOPLE, not 'the new neighbours'.Just as Steve and Melanie did.We were lucky, I guess, because we were well met by ALL our new neighbours...we wave and smile every day.When their dogs get out, and roam the streets, we don´t shoo them away..we go to the door, and let them know their dog is free.And if nobody is home, we get the dog back into their property, and make sure it can´t escape again. We also take the time when they ARE back home, to explain what we did, so they won´t worry that somebody strange to the area has been on their property. I've helped with car problems, a lack of tools, and keep an eye on their properties...especially at night.I get home at 2:00am or later, when everybody else is asleep. I take Zwerver for a walk all around our area, and if somebody in a strange vehicle goes by, I stare VERY hard at them, and take the registration of the car..You would be surprised how these new neighbours are glad we were here FIRST, and are willing to share our knowledge and give advice when asked.Whenever something happens around here, we get visits from the Guardia Civil within minutes, to ask if we saw anything going on...they get a coffee, water or whatever, and we help as best we can.
My point? Should be obvious, I guess.Unless the new neighbours ANYWHERE in the World are asshats, everybody can get along fine. Steve´s new neighbours, as far as I can see, are asshats.
Nick
Edit to add...when our neighbours heard about the problems we are having with the construction going on, they are the first to give their support, and any relevant knowledge they might have, to help. Now they know we intend to sell and move, I have had genuine expressions of sadness that we will be leaving..that gives us such a warm feeling inside..but we earned it

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-03-2007).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2007 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Talking about barbecues etc., now is the time for the Spanish to enjoy them in their gardens.We don´t do barbecues, but we do have small fires to get rid of leaves, cut grass and garden rubbish.When we were going to start one, we looked around, and if any of the neighbours had washing out, or whatever, we went and told them we wanted to have a bonfire, and hoped it wouldn´t mess their washing up.No problem!! 'We will take our washing in, so go ahead'. Now,we ALL tell each other when we want to have a bonfire, or barbecue.One step nearer Utopia !!
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-03-2007).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I live in the middle of one of ohios biggest cities and the government is crap. I cant put up any kind of fence or even an outside storage shed. There is a Maaco behind me, Im on the street, but they use my driveway for one of their access streets. I wanted to stop all the lowlifes from cruising thru looking over my stuff and even though Maaco said no problem (they have other access to a main street), the city would not let me fence it off, cut a ditch to do anything to impeded everyday traffic from driving thru MY PROPERTY. They say since Ive allowed it for such a period, its now reqarded as a public access under there control, even though I have to pay to repair it when semis and traffic tear it up out of my pocket. Finally one of the cities storm drains is starting to collapse at the very end of my property on that 'road' and Ill not fix it. Im hoping a car will fall in it soon, then maybe theyll prefer to shut it off rather than spend money to rebuild it. They even tried to get me to pay for THEM to put in sidewalk out front. I got out of that with a little loophole though.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I don´t know Steve, except from being on PFF, and chatting on the Forum. I know Steve can come across as a bit tetchy and grumpy . We had a few chats a long time ago...and guess what!! He has a heart of gold, as does his wife Melanie. <Snip>

Well, at the risk of fanning any flames, I'm just going to make an observation, which lies at the root of my questions about this situation. You probably know him better than I, and he may very well be exactly as you described. But I've read his posts on the forum and had a few discussions involving him. And like a lot of people on here, it doesn't take a lot to provoke him. And if he thinks someone is opposing him, *especially* if it's something he feels strongly about, he will make it personal in a skinny minute. (think union for example) And you and I both know, he won't hesitate to get downright nasty with someone. I'm not saying he's the only person around here like that, but it *is* his particular disposition that makes me question. I've ALSO seen him leave out EXTREMELY pertinent facts and comments in order to paint a very specific picture. Here's an example of what I'm referring to. Remember the "wolves" thread?

During that conversation, I said this:

I have a dog, I also have an invisible fence that he will not go outside of. I could easily let him just be outside all day, but I won't because the invisible fence won't keep the coyotes out. And that's even with the full knowledge, that no coyote is going to even think about coming after a 65 pound dog. But, I'm responsible, so I'm proactive, I built him a fenced run. At night, he's inside with us.

To which he replied:

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
You see I have real fencing to keep our stock in and predators out. Not a electric shock collar to keep just one animal in. but that does not keep predators out. They will jump, climb, dig their way into a fenced in area to kill, for food, sport, or just plain fun.
So how does your electric fence protect your beloved puppy from a pack of coyotes?

See what I mean? The implication being that I don't protect my dog, when in my initial post I very clearly stated how I DO protect my dog. And that's just one example that I could come up with off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a hundred guys on here who have seen him do the same thing to them. Now, again, I'm not saying he's any different from most people on here in that regard, nor do I think he's different in how he would represent a story such as this one. Most of us would "embellish" a little to make ourselves look better.
I can't reiterate enough that I'm by no means judging him or anyone else, I'm not even saying I disbelieve him, all I'm saying is that there are ALWAYS two sides to a story, and even if he's 100% accurate in his accounting, you';ll never know until you talk to the OTHER party.
I've said it before, I'll say it again, it's just not my nature to simply join in on gang mentalities. I like my opinions to be educated, not popular.
Anyway, the bottom line is, it doesn't really matter what I think. The big difference between me and probably 90% of everyone else is, I already know that.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 08-03-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Biddeford
Taxes go down are you nuts? Never happen. LOL Only thing that came close was that Tax Cap Referendum that was defeated. Sucked. I was hoping for it. My taxes went up right after. My taxes would be 1600 with it. So much for Baldacci's assurance that if we defeated the cap proposal that he will come up with something better. That was what 3 years ago?
First time it went up 600 I went to pay my bill and the lady behind the counter said keep in mind we only reevaluated your land we still have to do your house.

Cool where the hell do you live?

If they ever found a million dollar surplus here it would disappear.

I wonder if your taxes will go down now?

Our place is under agricultural so our rate is one of the lowest.

But with the housing market boom we are probably at double what we paid as far as how much the place is worth now.

Taxes suck but like death, they are inevitable.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2007 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
OK Taijiguy..you know I don´t have any 'problems' with you, or how you post
The only thing that I bear in mind when listening to Steve is this..he has had a stroke. Now, some people think that is a heart attack...but it isn´t:
http://www.neurologychannel.com/stroke/
I am sure you understand the difference, but possibly some make the same mistake I referred to a couple of lines ago..A stroke can be a very debilitating attack on the brain and its cells. Many areas can be affected, and often permanently damaged, including lucidity, and memory.If anybody isn´t clear about the effect a stroke can have, then they are welcome to read the page I have linked to.
I don´t want to teach anybody to suck eggs, but strokes are as crippling mentally as polio is physically..so when Steve constantly refers to his stroke, it might well be that he has forgotten how much he DOES refer to it..And if people haven´t had personal encounters with people who have suffered from strokes, their level of understanding will be that much lower..
All I know is, that I approached Steve privately, in a pleasant, and friendly way, and he reciprocated. It worked for me..that is good enough for me, whether it was Steve, or anybody else for that matter!! he wasn´t the first, and won´t be the last, I expect..
Nick

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Taji you are right I can get down right nasty in my posts. And even in person, but only when provoked, as you did. Putting up cattle fence with 6 to 12” posts is a lot more protective than a shock collar. That was my point.

This guy next door was asked nicely by Melanie, not me. To please put the fire out it was filling our house and barn with smoke. He then said “Fuk you what are you a ****en red neck?”

He was asked nicely the first time. He had many small campfire size fires we never said anything to him about those. Only when one large fire started to fill our barn and home with smoke did Melanie saw anything.

It has escalated from there to what has been a nightly BONFIRE.

Although since the state humane officer showed up yesterday and sited him. There was no fire last night.

As I posted the link to our property picture his own property line is 125’ across the front of his property, going back 300’ along our property, and then another 125’ to the 4 wheeler trail and then back to the road.

Look at the last link to the satellite photo that has the property lines on it. Be objective, take a look and then tell me you would want a fire that to your house, and the tree line.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Nick thank you for trying to explain to people the difference between a stoke and heart attack.

I had a what my doctor considered a mild stroke, and just affected mostly my memory, and some physical. I can get the shakes in my left leg and arm at times when I get worked up. Hence the reason I no longer take the chance of driving a standard. We sold our pick up because I always got the spasms when I used the clutch, so I just felt very uncomfortable about being able to drive it safely.

When I get worked up I get pains in my head and the same thing happens to my left side, so I try to not get worked up. Like what happened the other day when I heard the jerk next door yelling at Melanie.

For reference my stroke was December 04 and that if you look at my posts was when I really started to post quite actively in off topic. I was sleeping 20 hours a day at home and just needed something to do when I was up for a few hours.

Have jerks like this for neighbors does not help.

Edited to say

In reference to my stroke it took me 6 months of physical therapy before I could walk without a cane. So I spent a lot of time on the forums.

Another 6 months to be able to remember anything beyond one sentence. As soon as I read something it was gone. Memory beyond one paragraph is still difficult, and I carry a digital recorder everywhere with me.
------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-03-2007).]

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Taji you are right I can get down right nasty in my posts. And even in person, but only when provoked, as you did. Putting up cattle fence with 6 to 12” posts is a lot more protective than a shock collar. That was my point.
<snip>

Not to dredge up an ancient topic, but as was clearly illustrated in my post, I obviously take precautions beyond the invisible fence, which you ignored, that was my point, and still is. But really, at this point it's not important except to illustrate why I'm skeptical. I'm by no means attacking you or accusing you of anything, or at least, nothing that we are not all probably guilty of. I've tried to be very clear about that. You and I have had our differences and certainly our rather "spirited" arguments, but frankly I don't know you well enough to like or dislike you, and certainly I have no motive for antagonizing you. Just like everyone else here, I'm merely expressing my opinions and ideas. It just happens in this case I'm cautious in my judgments and my opinions. I've jumped to too many conclusions in my life, and have come find out how completely mistaken I was, and how foolish I felt, so I've grown to try and be much more objective in my thinking, and not be swayed by other people's opinions.
Regardless of whatever the cause, or the incitement, I really do hope you're able to work this out. From personal experience, I can tell you that it won't ever be "resolved" by two determined forces pushing against one another. You may "win", but you'll never have peace between you and your neighbors. It'll be a constant pissing match. And in order to be objective, you have to recognize and accept your culpability in the situation, either intentional or not. Maybe you have none, I don't know. Are you objective enough to recognize it if you do?
Good luck.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Did you even look at the link I posted to Google earth?
http://maps.google.com/maps...003616&t=h&z=18&om=1
------------------

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Yes, why? ( I assume you're addressing me)
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Yes, why? ( I assume you're addressing me)

This fire is so close is my reason for being afraid of a fire in my barn, woods.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
How would you like it if your wife was addressed the way mine was??

------------------

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how your wife was addressed. Nor do I know what she said, nor how she said it. So I reserve any opinion. That would be my precise point.
What is *your* point? I tried to conclude my participation here. Was my "conclusion" somehow offensive that you feel the need to perpetuate an argument? Is this an indication of how readily agreeable you are to an amicable resolution with your neighbors? It seems like you really just want to be combative, maybe that's why you're having these difficulties.
Just a thought.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

I don't know how your wife was addressed. Nor do I know what she said, nor how she said it. So I reserve any opinion. That would be my precise point.
What is *your* point? I tried to conclude my participation here. Was my "conclusion" somehow offensive that you feel the need to perpetuate an argument? Is this an indication of how readily agreeable you are to an amicable resolution with your neighbors? It seems like you really just want to be combative, maybe that's why you're having these difficulties.
Just a thought.

I said in the very beginning of this thread, and several more times in it, that she went over to the fence between both our properties and

“would you put that out, it is filling my house and barn with smoke?”

He replied.

“Fuk You, what are you some kind of fuken redneck?”

I have it on video tape and gave that to the humane officer that was here yesterday. It was on VHS tape so unless you know of some way to put that in the computer I can not let you hear it.

As far as being amicable to these people we were in the beginning, brought them farm fresh eggs, home made bread the first week they were here.

Didn’t say a word about the small camp fires in the beginning, until they became bonfires.

------------------

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
If that was an exact quote of what your wife said above, she forgot one word, "please". Some people are anal about how they are asked to do things. If you don't say "please" and "thank you" they will treat you like you just insulted them. To tell your wife to f-off and call her a f-ing redneck is certainly not very neighborly nor does it demonstrate any manners or tact. This new neighbor is an asshat for sure and a low class one at that.
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

I said in the very beginning of this thread, and several more times in it, that she went over to the fence between both our properties and

“would you put that out, it is filling my house and barn with smoke?”

He replied.

“Fuk You, what are you some kind of fuken redneck?”

I have it on video tape and gave that to the humane officer that was here yesterday. It was on VHS tape so unless you know of some way to put that in the computer I can not let you hear it.

As far as being amicable to these people we were in the beginning, brought them farm fresh eggs, home made bread the first week they were here.

Didn’t say a word about the small camp fires in the beginning, until they became bonfires.

I know you made that statement before, which means you want me to just side with you and make a judgment about these neighbors based entirely on your say-so. I just don't do that.
If you're quoting exactly what she said, then there are a LOT of different ways to say it. And has been mentioned, not even saying please suggests to me it was more of a demand than a request. Tone of voice can make a big difference. And further, just flat out asking (or telling, whichever it was) them to put it out rather than asking them to let it burn down to a more reasonable size seems pretty demanding, and frankly, kinda controlling. As if you're making the rules.
Ahh well, y'know, they probably don't know nor care a lick what I (or anyone else around here) thinks anyway. So really, my opinion don't mean a whole lot.
Good luck with this new feud.
Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpDirect Link to This Post
Taij, you are wrong. You need to let it go now.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 457
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Computers have an audio input (usually in the back), so all you need is an RCA to miniplug adapter to connect your VCR audio output(s) to your computer/sound card's audio input.

Then a simple audio editing program (even Windows Sound Recorder) will allow you to record the audio as a WAV or MP3 file.

We'd love to hear the exchange between your wife and the neighbor.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-03-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

I know you made that statement before, which means you want me to just side with you and make a judgment about these neighbors based entirely on your say-so. I just don't do that.
If you're quoting exactly what she said, then there are a LOT of different ways to say it. And has been mentioned, not even saying please suggests to me it was more of a demand than a request. Tone of voice can make a big difference. And further, just flat out asking (or telling, whichever it was) them to put it out rather than asking them to let it burn down to a more reasonable size seems pretty demanding, and frankly, kinda controlling. As if you're making the rules.
Ahh well, y'know, they probably don't know nor care a lick what I (or anyone else around here) thinks anyway. So really, my opinion don't mean a whole lot.
Good luck with this new feud.

This is 84fieros wife. I went up to the fence line, told them my house was filling full of smoke, and that my daughter has asthma. I asked to put the fire out nicely. Now you can quote me, I was nice until they told me to go home and shut my frukin windows, and I was a frukin red neck. Everything went into the sheeter from there. The neighbor is 23 and running on beer and hormones.
I do not ask or make anyone live the way we do. 90 percent of what we eat is raised on this farm, however if you live next to me I expect some basic decency. Decency is in your bones It is what your grandmother taught you(hopefully) Why can people not be decent to eachother anymore?
As far as a dick banging contest abou the music, and I not having the correct equipment? I could have changed him from a Rooster to a hen in less than 2 minutes. No more dick to banging.
Steves wife
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by Patrick:
Computers have an audio input (usually in the back), so all you need is an RCA to miniplug adapter to connect your VCR audio output(s) to your computer/sound card's audio input.

Then a simple audio editing program (even Windows Sound Recorder) will allow you to record the audio as a WAV or MP3 file.
We'd love to hear the exchange between your wife and the neighbor.

I will try that, if I can find that type of cable locally.

Then we can put Taji’s reservations about what was said to rest.

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 457
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I will try that, if I can find that type of cable locally.

Then we can put Taji’s reservations about what was said to rest.

Can you clearly hear what was actually being said by everyone involved when watching this VHS tape on TV?

If so, I'm curious what you were using to videotape the event (and how far the mic was from the participants).

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
inconsiderate neighbors, bonfire anywhere on that small property is rediculous. The Idiot should have realized that when he bought the property, now steve is the one wasting his time because of this nutcase.

btw there is no sides to this, facts are presented, does one stand next to a natural gas/propane meter to smoke during thier smoke break? i've seen many idiots do this, would you have unprotected sex with a hooker, let your kids wander around a known pediphile residence? -----Common sense knocking, and some of you arent answering the door----

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Can you clearly hear what was actually being said by everyone involved when watching this VHS tape on TV?

If so, I'm curious what you were using to videotape the event (and how far the mic was from the participants).

To be honest Patrick I will have to run it threw my forensic editor, the dogs were barking as soon as they heard him yelling at Melanie and the camera was a small video camera mounted in the loft of the barn.

About 50 ft from them. We are having sever thunder storms right now so it may not get done until tomorrow or late tonight. As soon as the showers are over I will get right on it.

I have been on and off line ever time a storm runs threw, that’s why my posts have been so far apart.

And here comes another so I need to shut everything down.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
back 4 more

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for back 4 moreSend a Private Message to back 4 moreDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I just skimmed through your thread. I can relate a little to some of your problems with the crazies next door. I am not a farmer in the sense of the word, but I do raise animals (show dogs) and I have alot of fencing for them to exercise, do their business and also an air conditioned building that I do my grooming in and use to seperate intact males from females when need be. All of my fencing and lots are behind my home, out of site from any neighbors or guests who may come. I take pride in what I do and have been doing it for over 11 years. I have finished two champions and working on four now. I live in a very secluded area, way off any highways and away from any businesses... We own our property which is an acre and we live at the very end of a road in the country with nothing but farm land on three sides. The one side that does have a residence is rental property owned by my family (thank goodness) and I have to say we have had some real doozys move in and out of there. There is some barking on my property and I am well out side of city limits. I never allow my animals to roam freely. I have had some nasty complaints about my animals before from some past neighbors. My dogs do not bark constantly and I own 11 at the moment. Most are always in the house and they take turns going out in the fenced area. These are 5 lb dogs. Their bark isn't that bad. I think some of the people who have tried to complain did it because they were not allowed by their landlord to keep any dogs on the property and were lashing out at me, trying to cause me problems because they were mad they could not have a dog. Sorry, but you rent and you have to abide by the rules when doing so. This is something that my grandparents were taking into consideration for me. If someone comes in with a dog that is diseased and not cared for with preventative annual care, why should I have to sit around and worry about my animals getting sick? I go above and beyond for them and their vet care. But like I said they are not bothering anyone's property and are never running loose and the people who rent the place are always informed that a dog breeder lives next door and they always take the place regardless. My grandmother warns them. So they know!
My problem lately has been with my neighbor's pet!!!! His cat walked on my fiero a couple times recently. Nothing makes you madder than getting up and seeing paw prints going all the way over your nice paint job. When he moved in he agreed to keep his cat inside his home. Not happening. Now days we are the one's being disturbed. This guy is a drummer. He plays at the craziest hours of the night. I have a 10 year old that has an early schedule. Just the other night my hubby had to call this guy at 3:30 am because he was banging on the drums in the bedroom that faces the side of our house. He never complains about my dogs barking, but they are not out at night to bark and disturb him. They are usually out when he is at work. What is wrong with this picture? I am just waiting for the day that the place goes up for sale...I'm going to be first in line. I think a nice garage would look good over there. Then hubby can work on his race car and I can have a nice place to park my fiero(s). I do plan to get more, lol.
Good luck to you. I agree with some of the others that you need to get a survey, then you can basically tell them to kiss your a$$. I also like the idea of the hog pen. Just please be careful with them and sounds like your documenting everything good because my worst fear was always pissing off a neighbor and them sneaking over and poisoning my animals. I would die. So I try to be civil and be the better person, but I know that sometimes enough is enough. Hang in there and good luck. Too bad you can't buy their place, lol!

[This message has been edited by back 4 more (edited 08-04-2007).]

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

This is 84fieros wife. The neighbor is 23 and running on beer and hormones.

Decency is in your bones It is what your grandmother taught you(hopefully) Why can people not be decent to eachother anymore?

As far as a dick banging contest abou the music, and I not having the correct equipment? I could have changed him from a Rooster to a hen in less than 2 minutes. No more dick to banging.
Steves wife

back 4 more

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for back 4 moreSend a Private Message to back 4 moreDirect Link to This Post
After reading a little more, just wanted to say that I admire farmers so much. Most of the land on our road is farm land, it's so beautiful and they are the nicest, most down to earth folks you'd ever meet. My fear is something happening and the 100 plus acres being sold for housing developments.

I also love goat milk soap. I bought some from a friend who raises goats and old english sheep dogs. Best soap in the world! We also use a lot of goat milk (canned) with new pups. Would LOVE to have some fresh available. Ok, just wanted to comment.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
oops wrong thread------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-04-2007).]

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chump:

Taij, you are wrong. You need to let it go now.

So let me get this straight, just because I choose NOT to condemn someone or "pick sides" simply on the basis of a one-sided story, I'm wrong?
Y'know, if that's the case, I'm good with it.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
sorry for your neighbor issues once again, may i suggest a supersoaker filled with gasoline to spray a trail from the fire pit to their house

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
86 GT SC 3800 Intercooled
02 Jetta 1.8t

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

sorry for your neighbor issues once again, may i suggest a supersoaker filled with gasoline to spray a trail from the fire pit to their house

Lol, ever see flame climb a stream of gasoline? Note: gasoline is NOT a good lighter for charcoal...ask my cousin, when he grows his eyebrows back...I've laughed harder, but I can't remember when.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock