Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 21)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

heh heh heh, good one.
Steve, gosh, I dunn know. How do you do it? You might just indeed be a redneck, . j/k
Or, perhaps you need to become one. Nothin scares a person more than a crazy redneck, .
IP: Logged
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Well I am crazy, that I have the paperwork to prove.

As far as being a redneck, well all I can say is one of my closest friends in Tennessee said I should have a rebel flag with an American flag sewn on the other side.

Edited to add that the guy who said that was a true Tennessean, still had his silk robe in the attic. Had been a farmer all his life as was his daddy who was still a pig farmer in his 70’s.
------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-09-2007).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Any new fires?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
He stopped the fires after the police were told by the animal welfare folks and the DA to shut him down, he was way to close to our barn.

He did do a ten minute burnout in front of our driveway a few weeks ago, at midnight, we got it on tape and he was served with a harassment and a bunch of other things, disorderly conduct and a bunch of traffic violations.

Since then they have been quiet as church mice.

As soon as I can find 40 bucks for a USB adapter I will post the video, right now I don’t have the extra cash. That and the cops have all the videos and we haven’t gotten them back as of yet, we were promised a DVD copy of the video, if I get that I will post it.

------------------

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
He stopped the fires after the police were told by the animal welfare folks and the DA to shut him down, he was way to close to our barn.

He did do a ten minute burnout in front of our driveway a few weeks ago, at midnight, we got it on tape and he was served with a harassment and a bunch of other things, disorderly conduct and a bunch of traffic violations.

Since then they have been quiet as church mice.

Awesome.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Hope you don't mind the bump...

I wondered how things went with the neighbors on Devil's Night?
You know, fires and All Hallows Eve seem to go hand in hand...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
No fires but they have been doing some target shooting on their property, that is illegal. See their property is 129’ wide at the street and 330’ along the trail and our property line with the back end of their property bordering our property to.

See Maine state law is 100 yards from any road, street, animal enclosure, meaning fenced pasture, barn, shed. There is no place on their property they can shoot without being to close to our animals and their enclosures.

He got sighted for firing a weapon to close to the road, our place, the animals, and onto our property. Melanie was out feeding when he did this and she could hear the bullets zipping threw the trees.

They also have a bad habit of just letting their dog run loose. And of course the dog comes onto our property and fence fights with our Great Pyrenees. We had them sighted for that also.

It has gotten to the point where if the dog crosses a fence line he will be torn up by our dogs, or I will shoot it. That’s a shame because it really isn’t the dogs fault that the owners are stupid. But if the dog tries to hurt one of our animals we are well within our rights to put him down.

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Oh great.........lol.........another season. Im glad I dont have any neighbors except other auto repair shops, lol. We even trade parts and labor. I think If I lived where you are, Id have a monthly bill from the sporting goods store for ammo.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
These people have been sighted 3 times now by the local animal control guy. We have got pictures of the 2 times we have caught the dog on our property.

I have had it, I would shoot the dam thing but it is not the dogs fault the owners are irresponsible.

The picture shows the dog clearly on our property and I do have the right by law to shoot the dam thing because it is worrying our livestock.

But unless it is in our pen and attacking our goats I really don’t want to do that.

Some people think just because they live in the country they can just let their dog run free.

Irresponsible morons.

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Blimey!! Is it a Mexican dog? It´s got a red bandana round its neck!! Hahaha!! All it needs now, is a sombrero!!
Nick
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Any updates, been pretty quiet for the last 8 months?
PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
YEa did you smoke them out yet?

Make you a deal, you come and deal with a couple mechanics for me whom need retribution and I will take care of yer neighbors fer ya
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-20-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Updates?

Wow, has it been a year already... seems like yesterday.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Nothing worth posting, they have quieted down since we told the cops the last time they were here that we were no longer going to call them.. We were just keeping tapes, recordings of their antics and going to sue them.

Steve

------------------

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Nothing worth posting, they have quieted down since we told the cops the last time they were here that we were no longer going to call them.. We were just keeping tapes, recordings of their antics and going to sue them.
Steve

Bah, I guess now the only stories we can look forward to are the plow vs mailbox thread in the wintertime
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I can further this along. Ever since I enforced the property line by errecting my fence for my back yard on 3 sides since I live on a corner, it has been nothing but trouble with the back neighbors. When they put up their gravel drive it kept migrating as they parked on it. Eventrually they had consumed 4 feet of my yard. When locating the property line I misjudged it by almost 2 feet in their favor. They pulled my stakes and threw them in my yard. So after they said if I wanted to mark it again I better get a surveyor to do it. So I gave him a call took out his papers from my homeowners book then went to measuring for it. The neighbor didn't notice I had found the one in the front corner but when I walked into his drive he called the police. I made sure to stand on what I believed was my side as I began using a metal detector to locate the corner stake. I slowly dug down a line measured from the road edge towards his drive. The cops showed up and started to cite me for destruction of private property when I found the spike. Uncovered the surveyors markings then told the neighbor to get ready to shovel his gravel back otherwise the "expensive" gravel would be hauled off. Eventually we made an agreement that he would if I wouldn't mind lending a hand as he only had one shovel and I had several large ones. So sure.

When I built the fence which was inside the line by 8 inches on purpose keeping it from being community property he still decided to attach to it to extend his back yard to the front of his house. The wasn't a problem since there wasn't any damage done as he didn't attach physically to it. But it's when he started screwing boards to the bottom of it to cover the animal escape that I got pissed. So every time I see such I knock it off from my side.

Now comes the fun part. I've lived in this house for about 5 years, I think and when we moved here there is this 5 foot diameter trunked old paper shell pecan tree. This tree dumps huge amounts of pecans every season (once every 2 years) that these neighbors don't have a single problem with retreiving from their yard and beside my fence towards the road which is clearly my property. They then sell these pecans for money. It's given that any that land on their property is theirs to keep. And going beside my fence was never a problem with me, until now.

Now there is a small limb 2" diameter unsure of length that has fallen from the tree located directly over their drive. This limb has shattered the windshield on their car and cause a small amount of body damage as well. Today the man living there.... (not named as the home owner since he's using another person to buy the house through) informed me that this was my problem. The tree is very healthy, lush and green. It's just HUGE and hasn't been trimmed in years. Anyone with a pecan tree knows they shed sucker limbs in the summer months. These are usually small, but can do damage.

Is it my problem that this limb has cause damage to his car since the trunk resides on my property? or is this tree community property to both home owners? So far all I can locate says if the tree is healthy then anything on his side is his to maintain. If the tree is "Diseased, dead, or decaying" then the tree as a whole is my problem.

What do you think?

Stu
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Just guessing Stu, but since the tree is on your property, than you get to pay for the damage. Have the police come out to fill out a report, and then call your homeowners insurance to work out the details.

Just my opinion though.

Brad
88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
When I had a large tree on my property fall over and damage a neighbors deck and pool I called my insurance company and they told me it was up to the neighbors to call their own insurance company as it was under the "Acts of God" part of coverage.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
My parents neighbours started a boundary dispute as they wanted to extend their garden. The folks were invited to go around and discuss where the boundary was. They agreed on the position, shook hands and agreed to put in a wire fence to confirm. After several weeks my folks started getting visits from the neighbours. They were suggesting that although one of the neighbours was there, his spouse was not and was not happy with the agreement. You would think they would have discussed it first or since THEY arranged the meeting that they would have picked a time when they were both there! So, my folks being my folks went back round (this time I went along) and it was AGAIN agreed where the boundary was.

Again several weeks/months pass and no wire fence as they agreed. They then dug 3/4 of a bank (a legal boundary mark in the abscence of anything else here in UK) and invited my folks to go round there AGAIN to discuss where the boundary was. At this point the invite was declined and they were referred to the original agreement that two (well one) honourable people had shook hands on. After futher uninvited visits to my parents home, I asked that any further correspondance should be made in writing.

They decided to get in a land surveyor at great expense to themselves who wrote a lovely long and detailed report about why they should have some of our garden (more expense for them). Unfortunately the report was based on incorrect mathematical calculations and assumptions (yeah Im a mathematician) and his report was suggesting that a boundary could be correctly marked by a pencil mark on a map that would have to have been one tenth of a human hairs width to be accurate. I used his software claims of accuracy to calculate this.

NOW THE GLOVES ARE OFF ......we didn't ask for any of this....but we are certainly going to finish it.

So, it was time for some research. Bank and ditch law means that the bank they dug out was the only legal means of specifying a boundary. The house deeds did not show the boundary accurately enough. Using the mighty power of the interweb I managed to track down the chap who built the house 40 odd years ago. Now in his 70's he was lured over with tea and cake and agreed that if things were not resolved he was happy to get involved. He had lots of lovely drawings and first hand knowledge of where the boundary should be.

A meeting was arranged with neighbours and their land surveyor to discuss the ridiculousness of his accuracy claims (more expense for them). I don't think he was used to having that challenged and he had to resort to common sense and AGAIN boundary positions were agreed. These were identical to those agreed on with the first hand shake. It was a struggle not to laugh while this dawned on the neighbours. This then involved more letters/reports from the land surveyor to document the discussions (more expense for them). They were also VERY concerned as new law means that any "disputes" with neighbours MUST be disclosed when selling a house. They were trying to say that this wasn't a dispute at which point they were told "it wasn't a dispute until you dishonoured the initial agreement". Since my folks will never move, the dispute has little consequence to them but since the neighbours are likely to want to move at some point it will potentially devalue their property (more expense for them).

So the Land surveyor then came back out (more expense to them) to measure things out and agree the placement of a wire fence. A legal document was drawn up by a family friend and it was suggested they took it to their solicitors (more expense for them) to get it checked out before signing. It involved them marking the boundary with wire fence (more expense to them) and building a wooden fence (more expense to them) on their side of the agreed boundary.

They then erected a fence 8 foot high, I realised this is 2 foot over the legal maximum for a boundary and contravenes building regulations but it would be rude to interupt them. Now they have completed it (more expense for them), just wondering if all the stress and unnecessary hassle they have caused my folks for the gain of absolutley ZERO has made me mean enough to insist it is removed and built to the correct height (more expense to them).

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 08-06-2009).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Stu, PK, those people you describe are what our surveyors called land bullies. The same term they used for our neighbors who threaten to burn down our barn because it was, in their eyes, partly on their property. It wasn’t.

They try to expand their land boundaries this way.

Stu call your insurer before you do anything else. Trees on property lines or near them can be trimmed to the property line. Liability is a problem.

Good luck

Steve

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Depends on how mad you are about them trying to pull one over on your parents... me personally.... I would wait till around christmas time then make a formal complaint. Then again... i'm evil when people mess with the ones i care about.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
Exactly that. They thought an elderly couple would make a great target to increase their garden by constantly bombarding them with demands/requests/meetings etc. After all this, they have a small section of wall that was slightly on OUR side but r'kid offered to divert the boundary slightly so they didnt have to knock it down....he's a better man than I am.

I read this thread at the beginning, before any of the events had happened to my folks. Its incredible how much stress this caused so I can now better appreciate your situation as it seems your neighbours were even less pleasant.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
They aren’t getting any better. Just better at getting away with what they do.

Steve

------------------

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
My in-laws had a large branch ( more like a horizontal trunk ) from a willow tree break off during a storm and land on the neighbors house. It damaged the roof and took out a decent section of fence. My in-laws were not responsible for the damage as it was an "Act of god". But, that's here in Wisconsin.
Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick FYI...

In Kennybunk, you can have cameras up, BUT you have to have something up to state that people on the property will e recorded AND you can not record anything that is on another persons property with said cameras.

We found this out by accident when we moved my ex-father in laws Porsche into the yard. He put up cameras but they recorded part of the neighbors back yard. When he brought the tape to the police (vandalism), they warned him that his camera could NOT record another persons property.

Now I go back to read the other 14 pages

Myke
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I will have to check with my local DA on that one, but if you are trying to prove a crime has been committed like I am I believe there is some leeway in that law. And it can vary by jurisdiction.

It is the recording of sound that is more illegal than video from what I can find, on the net. For some reason.
If all video was illegal on another’s property then all the video we see on TV would be illegally obtained.

Oh ya and the police are not always right in their interpretation of the law. That is why we have courts.

Steve

------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-08-2009).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Spoke to the adjuster. He asked about the tree I happily explained the situation and described the tree. He asked if the tree was believed to be in good health. I told him without a doubt it's in good health as it appears that there will be a full pecan crop from it this year. IT'S PACKED! He asked if I cared if he entered my back yard which I allowed. He came by when I was at work but I was able to get there before he left. He took pictures of the tree and the fence. He also took photos of the neighbors makeshift fencing that was attached to mine, the car damage and the tree limbs above the car as well as over their house. He mentioned that it appeared to need some pruning over their drive but my side looked great. The tree definitely appeared very healthy and stated he may have to make the follow up visit after the pecans drop. The branch falling is an act of god and isn't covered by any homeowners policies at all. If he wants someone else to pay then he needs to contact his own comprehensive insurance. I doubt he has any as this state only requires liability and not much at that. Before he left he told me to make sure and let him know if they complained, so he could take his denied claim report and suggestions of pruning to their homeowners insurance company for review. This could cause them to have 30-90 days to prune the tree at their own costs or lose the insurance they have. So they're pissed. Mumbled the whole walk home 100 feet.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Steve. The general law is that anything that can be seen with the naked eye from another property or from a public right of way is open for viewing. That even includes looking at your neighbor from your property, should they leave the bedroom blinds open. As long as you don't take exceptional means to gain visual access. I don't know how a jurisdiction can prohibit anyone from looking onto another's property. Now, if you were using a telescope of zoom lense to look a half mile away into your neighbor's bedroom window, would be a different matter. In your case, the property line might be a valuable part of the evidence. You could take a picture of a dog eating a goat in a big grassy meadow, but with no reference points, it could be in Montana and not Maine.

Legislation covering sound and video recordings of people vary from state to state. Some require that the subjects sign a release, or be given prior notice of the intent to record. Some allow secretive recording if the person doing the recording is also included in the recording, as is the State of Georgia.

Stu. A number of case laws I remember when I was in college were similar to what you describe. If something falls from a healthy tree, it's an act of God. If the tree is dead or diseased, causing anything to fall from it, the owner of that part of the tree is responsible. By owner of 'that part of the tree' I mean the side of the property line where the object came from the tree.

If a live tree falls from property A across the line to property B due to being uprooted by wind or other acts of nature, the respective owners are responsible for the damage and cleanup on their sides of the line. If a dead tree falls across the property line, for any reason, the owner of the property where the tree was rooted is totally responsible.

Generally, you can enjoy the fruits and nuts produced by the tree if they fall on your side and you can also prune a tree of any limbs that extend to your side of a property line as long as it isn't severe enough to damage the health of the tree.
the reverend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the reverendClick Here to visit the reverend's HomePageSend a Private Message to the reverendDirect Link to This Post
People have no expectation of privacy when they leave their home, however if they ask you not to use their picture, then things change. Thats why in some of the comerciales on TV you see some peoples heads blured.

Here in KY you do have a right to protect your property and you can use cameras. Since a lot of businesses have also started using audio, I added that too.

I had a fight with the local post office over parking, This escalated to the point of the cotracted mail delivery truck driver pulling trough my driveway almost scraping the doors of my garage and running over a mother and her two kids at the school bus stop one morning. This is his boss trying to 'fix' the problem. NOTE His boss says we got the Postal Inspector involved when it was accually the truck driver who called them to try and get us (myself and the husband of the woman that was almost hit) arrested. The white van is mine and is parked sideways on my driveway apron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3BLd3NWAn4

Video can be a powerful tool.

[This message has been edited by the reverend (edited 08-10-2009).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-10-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
the reverend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the reverendClick Here to visit the reverend's HomePageSend a Private Message to the reverendDirect Link to This Post
^Thanks how do you do that?^
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by the reverend:

^Thanks how do you do that?^

[youtube]url to video[/youtube]
the reverend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the reverendClick Here to visit the reverend's HomePageSend a Private Message to the reverendDirect Link to This Post
Added to my PFF Code list. Thanks again!

I must add that the telephone pole at the left of the video is on my property, you can also see the corner of the P.O. and the camera is positioned to catch people going between the P.O. and the garage. I got tired of finding beer cans and condums there.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Here we go again.

Well they came home last night and laid on the horn of their car for 4 solid min.

That’s 4 Minutes.

Then did their woohoo cries for about a half an hour all after 10:30. Drunk out of their minds.

Funny thing is it was dead quiet here as they were driving into their driveway and they set the dogs off with the horn.

They complain to the police all the time that we have dogs loose and they are barking constantly.

We have never had a dog loose off of our property and they never bark constantly.

Steve

------------------

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Funny thing is it was dead quiet here as they were driving into their driveway and they set the dogs off with the horn.
They complain to the police all the time that we have dogs loose and they are barking constantly.
We have never had a dog loose off of our property and they never bark constantly.

Even if they complain, theres usually NOTHING the police will do about dogs unless possibly after 11pm. The township I live in has a special dog barking ordinance for nighttime, but thats a RARE thing and I doubt where you live they ever thought about passing a law like that, and after all they set the dogs off - next time have a nice 3 trumpet or 2 trumpet train air horn setup, they blast the horn, you blast back
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Here we go again.

Well they came home last night and laid on the horn of their car for 4 solid min.

That’s 4 Minutes.

Then did their woohoo cries for about a half an hour all after 10:30. Drunk out of their minds.

Steve

It sounds like a good old fashioned South Feud, except you are up north. The one thing these fueding families have in common is that they'll both help eachother out when an outsider comes to mess with their town. At least that's what I see on all the old 70s rural TV shows...

Go Farmington!!!

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Even if they complain, theres usually NOTHING the police will do about dogs unless possibly after 11pm. The township I live in has a special dog barking ordinance for nighttime, but thats a RARE thing and I doubt where you live they ever thought about passing a law like that, and after all they set the dogs off - next time have a nice 3 trumpet or 2 trumpet train air horn setup, they blast the horn, you blast back

We have stock guardians, Great Pyrenees.

They are exempt from any barking ordinance by law here in Maine.

So that is not a real issue anyway.

Steve

I like the air horn idea,

------------------

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-13-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
It sounds like a good old fashioned South Feud, except you are up north. The one thing these fueding families have in common is that they'll both help eachother out when an outsider comes to mess with their town. At least that's what I see on all the old 70s rural TV shows...

Go Farmington!!!

somehow i don't think his neighbors would stick up for him if 'outsiders' came in and caused trouble.

There is a solution to this: C4.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

There is a solution to this: C4.

Do you have any, or a Recipe?

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock