Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors my A$$. by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-24-2006 02:32 PM
Replies: 863
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 06-04-2010 11:05 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2006 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Tajiguy...There is an inborn, and totally natural form of tribalism in us all. It is put there by Nature, and is a basic self-preservation instinct.Anybody who claims they do not regard a 'foreigner' with a certain amount of mistrust, is either kidding themselves, or extremely naive.Unfortunately, it has become 'politically incorrect' to even express any form of scepticism or wariness about new 'neighbours'.Be it immigrants, or just people from another town or State.People must earn trust and respect...to award it immediately invites trouble, because your guard is down.Unfortunately, this wholly natural mistrust of the unknown has become mislabelled as a form of racism. Governments can benefit from immigration, they try to repress the natural tribalism of People and Nation, to make it easier to give away our jobs to somebody who is prepared to do it for a lot less.If you complain, you are labelled 'racist'. It isn't racism at all, it is a desire to protect oneself from an invasion into our territory.The Governments are cynically suppressing our self-preservation instinct by labelling it with a nasty word.We feel guilty for expressing, or even thinking, that we don't want this invasion of our territory.Soon, the indigenous population won't have any territory left at all, because we are being outbred by many sections of the immigrants in our homelands.Anybody who welcomes this situation, which has now become inevitable, needs their bumps felt
Yes, I am an immigrant here in Spain, and I have never forgotten that.Hard as it would be, I would accept it, if they decided I should be repatriated It is THEIR country, and I respect that. Many don't, in my experience.Take as much as they can from their adopted country, and put nothing back, or very little.Taking that which is due to the indegenous population, because they paid for it...and never repay into that fund for the benefit of all.
Gone a bit off track in my comments, but it all fits together, in my opinion.
Nick

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

You aren't addressing the question.

IP: Logged
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
The question that I was REALLY asking got completely lost.
I don't care what anyone thinks of me. Flatlander or not. The only people whose opinion of me really matters could all fit in the same room at the same time, and have on more than one occassion. My REAL question was, since he stated flatly that this other person hates flatlanders (by his definition people who weren't born there) and he added "to" (sic) at the end, (too, meanng also) the statement was that he and this guy both "hate flatlanders". My real question was then, how much of what has happened was because of his neighbors being dickheads, and how much is the result of his automatic hatred of these people because they weren't born there? If he mistated, then he can say that, but so far, I've not seen that question addressed in any way.
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter, I was just a bit curious because of the nature of that statement.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
This "argument" is so ****ing stupid, I might just **** my pants.

Tajiguy, you should work for the DMV because your attention to detail and sensitivity to syntax/semantics is nauseating. ****!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Well, no, we really don't have a term. Everyone is welcome here. What caught my attention was that the guy "hates flatlanders too"

That statement tells me that you and this guy (and by assumption everyone from maine) actually HATE "flatlanders"- people who weren't born there. I'm not accusing you of anything, merely trying to clarify a statement that you made.
And no, I don't take it personally, I'm sure plenty of people hate me, that's OK, they're still thinking of me, I don't care in what way. So I still win.

A flatlander is someone who moves to Maine and thinks that everything should be the way it was where ever they are from.

Like next door.

Just because it was one way in the place where you wear from doesn’t mean it is that way here.

We don’t move someplace else and expect you to follow the rules from Maine. Why should we allow you to.

We don’t hate outsiders, just the ones like next door who say, “ In NY it was this way, and we don’t do that in NY.”

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

This "argument" is so ****ing stupid, I might just **** my pants.

Tajiguy, you should work for the DMV because your attention to detail and sensitivity to syntax/semantics is nauseating. ****!

I'll second that with a

WHO CARES!!!

If these people were next to me, I'd be in jail already.............I wouldn't have held my cool so well.

Kevin
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Believe me Kevin it has taken every fiber in my body not to go over there and just slap them silly and say “You can not possibly be this stupid”

------------------

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Oh, yes, they can...post pics when you put up the fence, hehe...better yet, post video...
On reflection, taking video might not be a bad idea...do it covertly, so YOU know you're on Candid Camera, but they don't. It might help you if things get ugly (uglier!).

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 08-08-2006).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Oh, yes, they can...post pics when you put up the fence, hehe...better yet, post video...
On reflection, taking video might not be a bad idea...do it covertly, so YOU know you're on Candid Camera, but they don't. It might help you if things get ugly (uglier!).

As soon as the letter from the lawyer comes I will be putting up the fence.

Video is already in place and running every day. Covertly of course.

My computer will not take video so you will have to be content with pictures and my words, sorry.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-08-2006).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
What kind of timeframe did they get to remove their septic system. Id think if they didnt get on it right away, Id get someone to come dig it up and backfill it and for the contractor to give the bill to them for whatever it is. ....unless they give you the cash of course.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

A flatlander is someone who moves to Maine and thinks that everything should be the way it was where ever they are from.

Like next door.

Just because it was one way in the place where you wear from doesn’t mean it is that way here.

We don’t move someplace else and expect you to follow the rules from Maine. Why should we allow you to.

We don’t hate outsiders, just the ones like next door who say, “ In NY it was this way, and we don’t do that in NY.”

We call people like that "backins."
Because they are always telling us how much better things were "backin" New York or Massachusetts or wherever it was they left.
If things aere so bad here, then why did they move in the first place?
They DO get tiresome

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 08-08-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

What kind of timeframe did they get to remove their septic system. Id think if they didnt get on it right away, Id get someone to come dig it up and backfill it and for the contractor to give the bill to them for whatever it is. ....unless they give you the cash of course.

30 days

------------------

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Like next door.

Sort of like 90% of the people who immigrate to the US.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Believe me Kevin it has taken every fiber in my body not to go over there and just slap them silly.....

Your fibers are stronger/smarter then mine....

Kevin

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Your fibers are stronger/smarter then mine....

Kevin

Believe me all it’s going to take is one of them coming out and giving me sht when I am putting the fence up.

I can’t wait to hear what they have to say when I start rolling the fencing over the plants they planted on our property.

They are baiting us, trying to get us into a physical confrontation. That is obvious and transparent.

The man had told me, when we talked. That he sued his own lawyer for steeling money from him, supposedly.

Sounds like they are just very litigious and just looking for a reason to sue someone.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

So that makes it right?

------------------

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, Now we have to "Push one for English" on the phone.
We have to change signs, songs, and terminology because people from other countries want it to be like where they came from and find "American" things offensive.
My question is, Why come here if you want to change it to where you came from? Seriously why did they leave?
Do you think if you moved to their country that they would change their ways to accommidate you?

(sorry, sore subject. Tired of all the BS about being politically correct and what someone may think is offensive.)
carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeDirect Link to This Post

Judge just got served, along with about 79 other people, including us with a lawsuit from the local Nutcase. She was convicted of animal abuse a year or so ago. Link to case below.

http://morningsentinel.mainetoday.com/news/local/1427623.shtml

My wife and I were subpoenaed witnesses.

I am trying to figure this out, the above article is on your crazy neighbor??
If so how is she able to have any pets in her posession??
Anyways glad things are turning in your favor. And acouple of comments.

Down here in the south we call a Leach Bed a Drain Field

Thanks for sharing this story and it looks like it will have a Happy ending

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by carolinajoe:

I am trying to figure this out, the above article is on your crazy neighbor??
If so how is she able to have any pets in her posession??
Anyways glad things are turning in your favor. And acouple of comments.

Down here in the south we call a Leach Bed a Drain Field

Thanks for sharing this story and it looks like it will have a Happy ending

The article is about something some one brought up when doing a web search on my wife. Not the neighbors in this thread.

That woman is not a neighbor just a local nutcase, animal hoarder who my wife and I were witnesses in her criminal case for the state.

------------------

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
I really feel your pain with these people. Back in 1970 we bought a piece of land to build a house. There was a ditch on us but bordering the neighbors. They were nut cases that lived in a trailer which was on our property by a few feet and actually sat in the ditch at an angle! I guess Dad could have overlooked this except the people were NUTs and even drained their sewage straight into the ditch under the trailer (that's right, no septic tank. Poop in a ditch under a trailer!).

Dad made them MOVE their mobile home over onto their own property and called the health department who forced them to install a septic system. God we never heard the end of it! We finally put in a row of ornamental pines between the properties so we would not have to see them or hear them! I could go on about them, but you get the picture
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I think the term flatlanders is fairly tame. Over here Americans get called Seppos.What the hell does that mean you ask? Good old Australian slang.
Seppo = Septic Tank = Yank = American.
Pretty simple when you think about it

Just like we can go down the frog and toad to the rub a dub dub to get full as a boot and have a captain cook at the spunky sheilas.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
I think the term flatlanders is fairly tame. Over here Americans get called Seppos.What the hell does that mean you ask? Good old Australian slang.
Seppo = Septic Tank = Yank = American.
Pretty simple when you think about it

I find that very interesting Aus. Didn't know that little bit of information. I always thought Aussies thought as much of us as we thought of them. Hmmm.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I find that very interesting Aus. Didn't know that little bit of information. I always thought Aussies thought as much of us as we thought of them. Hmmm.

Oh its all about the rhyme relationship. Nothing more.
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I think some of them hate us besause a few silly Americans like the crocodile hunter guy.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:
I think some of them hate us besause a few silly Americans like the crocodile hunter guy.

LOL. What crocodile hunter guy....He isn't from here....REALLY!
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

So that makes it right?

I didn't say that, I was merely illustrating the parallel. Although, there ARE a lot of people who feel it is, apparently.
dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

30 days

So let's say for a moment that they don't respond within 30 days...

Wouldn't it be sh**ty (for them) if you removed their system from your land, and capped off their sewage outflow pipe in the process?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dguy:
So let's say for a moment that they don't respond within 30 days...
Wouldn't it be sh**ty (for them) if you removed their system from your land, and capped off their sewage outflow pipe in the process?

Oh Man, what a crappy way for this to end.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
LMAO, that would be the best...With my vengfull mind Im surprised I didnt think of that. Let all their bathroom sewage back up into their sinks and tubs........
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Turbo flush, K.I.T.T!!!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
All good Ideas, just waiting for the lawyer to see what’s up.

I do like the capping of the septic tho. Let them see the kind of crap they are giving us.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
OK I'm feeling evil so I have an idea.

Find the main sewer line from their house that feeds the septic system, run an air hose up it and seal the air hose in with a can of great foam, wait at night until you see the bathroom light go on, wait about 30 seconds and then hit the air, watch out Old Faithful it's the bidet from h*ll.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Find the main sewer line from their house that feeds the septic system, run an air hose up it and seal the air hose in with a can of great foam, wait at night until you see the bathroom light go on, wait about 30 seconds and then hit the air, watch out Old Faithful it's the bidet from h*ll.

You are sick, perverted, and demented.

I like that in a person.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I've seen that happen on the sub. Blowing sanitary tanks overboard; you close off all the valves and pressurize the sanitary tanks to a few pounds above sea pressure and open up the blow valve to shoot all that crap out for the fishes to enjoy. Once in a while some sleepy sailor will wake up and not see the warning signs plastered all over the place. He opens up the flush valve and ends up with a rude awakening. It's nausiating.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

I would say do it!

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Interesting, very interesting.

My compressor is in the barn.

------------------

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post

I've seen that happen on the sub. Blowing sanitary tanks overboard; you close off all the valves and pressurize the sanitary tanks to a few pounds above sea pressure and open up the blow valve to shoot all that crap out for the fishes to enjoy. Once in a while some sleepy sailor will wake up and not see the warning signs plastered all over the place. He opens up the flush valve and ends up with a rude awakening. It's nausiating.

You wouldn't happen to be a member of the 700 club now would you ???
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
"You may fire when ready, Gridley!"

"Torpedoes away, Captain!"

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 08-11-2006).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Will be gone most of the morning so I will send any updates on this problem this afternoon.

"Somebody find Buckman and send his ass out a torpedo tube"

------------------

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

You wouldn't happen to be a member of the 700 club now would you ???

If that means what I think it means (we didn't call it that) no, I never had that honor. Although one of the middies who stole some of our racks in the missile compartment did, on my watch. Who says there's no God?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock