Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Melanie and I will be providing a power wheel chair for him when he's able to be moved from the bed to a chair on a regular basis. Guess we'll have to put a FIERO decal on it so he'll know how to drive it.
IP: Logged
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Melanie and I will be providing a power wheel chair for him when he's able to be moved from the bed to a chair on a regular basis. Guess we'll have to put a FIERO decal on it so he'll know how to drive it.

LOL

God I love ya Charlie. You got one hell of a sense of humor, or would it be the obvious?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
lol..thats great charlie,,he will be wanting me to put a 3800sc in it for him lol...he said he cant wait to get home,he said ,,"me and you will sit on the front porch and drink coffee and eat homemade ice cream" .lol...im taking robert outside today for the first time. i was suppose to yesterday but his lift was broken and he remembered it he told me "aint we going outside" lol...i told him the lift was broke and we'd go out tommorrow, he said "i think we can fix that lift" lol...well gotta go Gail called and said roberts looking for me and i'd better not be late ..lol....Gary
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Apart from filling up puddles with water for birds ...this thread has me in tears every time I read new posts. Compassion, humanity, just plain good old LOVE for each other. Words cannot describe how I feel about the way you people are caring for a stricken friend. Another small contribution towards the kitty for Robert and his wonderful friends and family, is on its way. I will try to send a little every now and then, whenever we can scrape something together. God Bless you ALL.
Nick
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
thank you all so much for the donations. it is greatly appreciated and needed..
me and robert had a good day today. we went to PT 2 times today and went outside for about 30mins. he loved the fresh air.. we put him some cloths on after we changed all his dressings. i have learned alot the past 2 days,alot of stuff that will really allow me to help robert. we had such a good time today, robert was cutting up and saying some crazy stuff today. this nurse came in and said "mr. finley,robert,rob what do you want me to call you" and robert looked at her and said " call me a**hole" lol....i like to fell out and she did to..these girls really take care of robert and think he is crazy...his PT nurse ask him who is this,talking about me and robert said " i wouldnt know" lol...we had a good time today but robert was wore out and fast asleep when i left..he also passed the swallowing test today so he will be getting soft foods but still on the feeding tube until he gets use to swallowing foods....i'll post more tommorrow....Gary

[This message has been edited by 86blackse (edited 05-13-2010).]

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
man what a day..im so tired i cant move..me and robert had a big day today. we did PT till about 3pm then came back and got him a bath and a hair cut. connie and he husband came to see robert and he was awake and you couldnt get a word in. robert has been talking all day long..he will be going home to his mothers tommorrow for awhile. we have a few plans for next week but for now he will be staying at his moms. we all are wore slap out and cant go much further. we got his bed,lift and wheel chair today so we have most of the main items to care for him,although there is alot of things we need to buy like dressing supplys, medication, special sheets for his bed due to bed sores, all his cath. supplys and feeding tube supplys and all these item are extremely costly due to the fact that they have to be purchased at a medical suppy store and they are high, im hoping somehow we will be able to get him the care he needs. im sure im leaveing alot of stuff out but im so tired i cant type anymore..i'll post more after i get some rest.....Gary
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
well we got robert home about 8pm tonight. he's very alert and talking all kinds of stuff.lol 50 days in the hospital,man thats a long time..robert has came a long way since 3-27-10..i'll be honest with you guys i am drained,i have to be strong for robert but i need a day or so of rest. its usually midnight every night before i get home and i wake up get a shower and head back to the hospital,were all drained. i hope by him being home it will be easier on us all but its 55 miles from my house to his moms where he is staying but only 3 miles for gail so thats good. the family is having a big dinner tommorrow and his mom said i was part of the family and i better be there.lol. robert said he would be calling me in the morning so im waiting on his call.lol.that boy depends so much on me. the nurses said when i wasnt there robert would tell them to call me and see whats taking me so long lol.. things are looking good now. the family has ask me to tell everyone if they didnt mind to give her a few days to get robert settled in before he has any vistors. she is 75 yrs old and this has really took alot out of her..we appreciate everything you folks has done,i dont know how we can make it without the help you have done for us all...heres a pic of robert coming home today...i'll try to get some pics of him tommorrow to show you all how good he's looking now......Gary

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Way to go rob!!!! And you are a great friend to rob.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Way to go, both of you! Get your rest, you've more than deserved it.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Although it may not be the optimum destination, I'm glad the Rob is "home."
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Glad to hear he's home. Now get him on a computer.

Ron
PFF
System Bot
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
we had a good day today. we all eat a big dinner.robert eat some pudding and apple juice. he is learning more every day. he is doing better on his balance and sits up good. he is going to need alot of PT and im doing it every day, he has a long road ahead of him but we'll make it. it want be long until we are back in the fiero shop doing what he does and likes best.. i got him up and sat him in a chair for about 2 hrs today and he talked up a storm about anything you can think of lol..his home health nurse is a real hottie and that was a mistake sending her lol....robert blew her mind lol...he is a nut.lol...heres a pic of me and rob today...i'll post more tommorrow im getting to bed i have a long day tommorrow,,,Gary
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:
..his home health nurse is a real hottie and that was a mistake sending her lol....robert blew her mind lol...he is a nut.lol...heres a pic of me and rob today..

we want to see the nurse
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Robbie looks so much better and so much more alert. I am truly amazed at his improvements. You said that he had a wheel chair. Are they having to rent it? If so, I can also provide him with a regular wheel chair, however, the power wheel chair that we're providing can be used without the power until he's able to drive it. If he's having to rent a wheel chair, I'll get this chair up to him right away so he can save some money on rental fees.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
You're looking a lot better! Best of luck on your recovery.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Gary and Rob.....great photograph !!! Happy to hear Rob is doing better and making progress.

Gary, I certainly do admire what you have done with this situation, man you're like a guardian angel for him !!!
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the kind words. roberts health is my main concern and i'll do whatever it takes to get him better.
fierofool
they are providing him a wheelchair for 2 months and after that a differant org. might donate 1 as long as we need it. we have to have the high back reclineing type right now but later on we can use a regular type chair..its a very tight space in roberts mothers house to get him moved around but we are managing well so far....Gary
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
86blackse:

Thanks for all the updates, you are a good friend and a good example to us all.

Robert is sure looking a lot better and I'm glad to hear that he's out of the hospital. You are all in my prayers.

Nolan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Great to see he is home
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Same goes here-glad Robert is near home & doing so well. Prayers & best wishes to Gail also. You've already earned your angels wings I'm sure. We're sure both sides of the families welcome you each day--God speed, R&J
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Rob Glad you are back home We cannot wait to hear from you on the details of your ordeal.

Cordally,
Kevin
PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Anybody have a 'before' photo, for those of us who don't know Rob personally? Not a problem if he doesn't want one posted though
Wonderful example of giving all you have for a friend...I cannot praise you all enough.
God Bless
Nick
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
robert dont remember nothing that happen to him,,i have told him 2 times and ask him if he remembers any of it and he said no.. when i told him what happened he just looked at me and said "sh*t your kidding" lol.. roberts doing good considering what he has been through. i have some pics of him in the trauma icu the day after this happened and to look at them and to see him now you can tell how far he has come, he had me scared for awhile but that parts behind us now..he is getting a little more ill at times and gets upset at times but the doctors told us that he would probaly be doing that. when i walked in today his pt caregiver was there working his arms and he looked at me and said " o hell here comes another one of them,lock the doors" tammy told him we were leaving tonight and he said "good" lol...gail told him bye and she loved him and he said he loved her too, i said do you love me to robert..lol he said yea i guess.lol...i want be going up tommorrow because i am having a proceedure done on my knee and hip and the doctor said id be real sore so i guess i'll stay home but you cant tell i'll probaly start worring about him and go on up there lol..im the only one who knows how to get him out of bed and in his chair and he wants to go outside tommorrow so i hope i feel well enough to go take him out for a few hours tommorrow evening....Gary
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Back in his own environment he should do very well. Somehow getting home makes you healthier. I am so glad to see how well he is doing.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Anybody have a 'before' photo, for those of us who don't know Rob personally? Not a problem if he doesn't want one posted though
Wonderful example of giving all you have for a friend...I cannot praise you all enough.
God Bless
Nick

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

86blackse

1778 posts
Member since Nov 2006
well today is the first day i have not seen robert in weeks, i had a procedure done on my knee today and man is it sore. i called nanny and she said he was doing fine and just ate a whole cup of pudding and drank a whole box of apple juice so that was great. he has been asking about me though and that makes me feel so bad. i'll be back up there in the morning and staying all day with him...were going outside foe awhile so he will like that..i'll post again tommorrow night...Gary
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
me and robert had a great time today, we watched a few movies and talked about everything and everyone (all good) lol..roberts getting more alert every day. his mother said rob gets real quite when i leave,,he was laughing so big today,still belts out some bad cuss words at times but hey thats robert.lol...he is so funny..we changed his dressing on his left leg today and nanny said its looking better but guys his left leg was mangled and luckly they saved it. right one is fine. i told him we might have to put a automatic in his GT and he said "BS" lol...he says some of the funniest stuff,,.i'll post again tommorrow night....Gary
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the updates we are all still following the progress. I am glad he is home and doing so well.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the great photos Gary!! Nice to see Rob as he will soon be again Does he like NOT having the beard now?
Nick
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
lol...nope they shaved it off in the trauma icu unit and ever since they kept it shaved..he really hadnt said much about it being gone lol..i told him they had to shave it off so they could see his face to see if he had any injuries under all that,,he said "hell cant they see" lol...
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Everybody is saying Gary is doing such a great job with Rob,but is anybody helping Gary?He could probably use some financial help too,gas to run the distance he has to just to see Rob and the wear and tear on his car isn't free !He has given up his own life to help a friend and I have read nothing about helping him.I am not criticizing the people on here,it's just that Gary seems to be forgotten.
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
^ Good point. The caregiver needs care, too.

I got a few bucks for my birthday, so I'm re-gifting some of it via paypal. Can't think of a better cause!
It ain't much, but it's what I can do.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
thank you guys so much, i am by no means a wealthy person but i am not going to allow my financial situation stop me from get up there to help robert, i will pawn or sale everything i own to make sure of that..yes it is 110 mile a day for me to drive and yes its took all my savings to do what i have done so far to help robert and seeing that he is cared for. robert would do it for me and he knows i will be there for him as long as i can..i have put my life and job on hold so i can help robert but i do not and will not ever regret that decision. i have learned so much about brain injuries,physical therapy and speech therapy its unreal,,so if any of you guys ever need it i can do it..lol..when i walk into roberts room he says "o hell dr. gary's here again" ......thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for all the help each and everyone of you have done...Gary
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
God bless you Gary! You've done far more as a friend than most of us receive from our own families! Rob's very fortunate to have you as a friend!!!
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
robert had alot of visitors yesterday, he was really happy to see everyone..he was laughing so much and people were amazed just how far robert has come. i'll be glad when he gets the feeding tube and cath. out, i think he will feel alot better. we cant try walking just yet because of the pelvic fractures but in about 3 weeks we should be able to start putting some pressure on it..the boy is a nut.lol. he says some of the funniest stuff ,, he is still the same ole robert..lol.....gary
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I am very glad to see Rob back home and doing way better. it is a long road still ahead to recover from all of this.
Get well soon Rob
D.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:

robert had alot of visitors yesterday, he was really happy to see everyone..he was laughing so much and people were amazed just how far robert has come. i'll be glad when he gets the feeding tube and cath. out, i think he will feel alot better. we cant try walking just yet because of the pelvic fractures but in about 3 weeks we should be able to start putting some pressure on it..the boy is a nut.lol. he says some of the funniest stuff ,, he is still the same ole robert..lol.....gary

Glad to hear things are looking better. Tell him he needs to get better soon or this thread is going to be longer than the girls without fieros thread.

LOL

Good vibes and a little high octane airplane fuel for him.

And you Gary, good vibes for being a good friend.

We have so few true friends over our lifetimes, you should be cherished. Thanks for being there for Rob.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
me and robert had a good time today. his memory is coming back to him and he remembers his cars, the shop,where things are at in the shop and was nameing off alot of the tools and stuff he has at the shop,even where they are at.. he know everyone that has been to see him and asks me about some of the other people we know so he's getting alot of his memory back..he realizes know he has a head injury and his legs dont work,i thought he was going to cry, but i told him that it will get better and i was there to make sure he would walk again,he said good he wanted to get to be like he use to be and he will, it will just take time. i feel so sorry for him but feeling sorry is not going to help him so i have to be strong for him..he ask me alot of questions that i dont have a answer for but he knows,he knows alot of stuff people dont even know..i'll be going back again tommorrow to stay with him all day but tuesday i have a dr. appointment to go to so he want be able to get up unless his brother comes by...i dont think it will be long now and robert can atleast get around much easier...the family ask me to tell everyone who has donated to robert that they sure appreciated everything more than words could express and they would have never thought a car club could be such a blessing to them,they love you all....if you would like to share a little of your money with robert the paypal is etfc159@yahoo.com thank you kindly..Gary
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Does he have feeling in his legs?
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
in his right leg but he dont have much in the left leg yet..his pelvic bone was broke in a few places also and the dr said no pressure for 12 weeks then we can work on walking
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock