Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 14)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Its good to hear that Robby is doing so much better.
I new he would, he's a fighter.
IP: Logged
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Hey 86blackse you deserve a big thanks for helping out so much, you're obviously a kind soul.

Just remember to take time out for yourself now and again man, you deserve it.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-10-2010).]

86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys,,yea i will have to get back to work come monday, my bills are all behind and i have no choice so i only have a couple more days to spend with robert,i have not worked since 3-26-10 so i could be with robert, but now financialy its catching up with me in a bad way. i know robert will be upset with me but guys its getting hard even to come up with gas to get up there and back mustless my home pymt and utilites ins. etc. i hope robert will understand. if i dont work i dont get to go see him.....Gary
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Gary, like it or not, you have to take care of yourself first; that's what enables you to take care of Rob. Hang in there!
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it's great to be there for him, but like Tom said, if you're not well, you can't be there. Y'all have succeeded in getting him into a facility that can take care of him around the clock. Take some well-deserved rest. If I could be there during the times you can't, I would, but it's 150 miles away and Melanie and I have at least 2 appointments a week. We'll get up there soon. Hope to see you then.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
its real hard to walk off from robert after seeing him so busted up and now he laughs and jokes with me again. i dont want him to think im through helping him. hes doing real good though he just wants to go home. a bunch of us etfc members are having a meeting and all going to see him,im going to get him up and take him outside to see all the fieros..they got him up today and he got his first shower since 3-26 so im sure he felt much better after that..he dont eat much there, says the foods nasty as hell lol.lol.roberts a picky eater to.lol.,,i think he will do fine after he gets adjusted there. i hope they have him walking soon. i have a few pics but i want to make sure with gail its ok to post them,their pretty graphic but you will see just how far this boy has come and just how lucky he is to be alive.....gary
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Robert, Gail, families & Gary; been off line-this thing crashed 2 weeks ago, just getting back up. Jerry & I have ya'll in our prayers every
day. I've read every post from page14 to now & God has answered many prayers from all your fiero family. Gary, we just hope & pray for you & your family also-we know you have to do what's needed to keep all things caught up-so don't feel bad nor blame your self if you
can't be there for Robert every day-like others just said-ya gotta take care of you & your family too. $$ been a tight here too-but we will
get some sent out to Gail. God speed,R&J
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
thanks rick, they sure could use it right now. roberts doing pretty good right now and has came a long long way. he has his good and bad days but thats expected with a massive brain injury like robert has. he is ready to go riding and i told him soon as he can id take him on a ride across the dragons tail. he said that would be nice.lol....gary
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

86blackse

1778 posts
Member since Nov 2006
robert could sure use your donations, it takes alot more than you would think to keep things going and supply robert the things he needs..it would be greatly appreciated and much needed...the paypal address is etfc159@yahoo.com
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
black86se re-check your pm's and let me know.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
pm returned steve308
PFF
System Bot
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
guys we really need your help to keep things going for robert. i know alot of you have donated and we are very greatful. we need your help to keep roberts garage open and utilities paid so he will have a place to work when he's better. it want take much if everyone will help us...please paypal anything you can spare its really needed and appreciated so much... etfc159@yahoo.com
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:

guys we really need your help to keep things going for robert. i know alot of you have donated and we are very greatful. we need your help to keep roberts garage open and utilities paid so he will have a place to work when he's better. it want take much if everyone will help us...please paypal anything you can spare its really needed and appreciated so much... etfc159@yahoo.com

Don't have paypal, do you have a physical address we can mail to and to whom ?

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
sure, you make make it to his wife.

Gail Finley
709 Perry St.
Athens, Tn. 37303
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

86blackse

1778 posts
Member since Nov 2006
nightly bump..thanks guys
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
your donations are greatly needed and well appreciated no matter the amount, every bit helps more than you could amagine....etfc159@yahoo.com is the paypal address for donations
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
bump...
Toddster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 504
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I know it is a bit late but I have been away from the forum for a while and I just wanted to get my .02 cents in, Robbie, glad you're on the mend and wishing you all the best
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
friday night bump for donations for rob.....etfc159@yahoo.com
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
offer still stands
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
pm sent steve.....bump for robert
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
All PFF members --- check out CASH FOR ROBS in the mall -- Lets get behind this and make a positive impact for the recovery of a friend to all of us in the fiero community. It's so easy a Fiero Owner can do it!!!!!
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

your donations are greatly needed and well appreciated no matter the amount, every bit helps more than you could amagine....etfc159@yahoo.com is the paypal address for donations

bump....

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

86blackse

1778 posts
Member since Nov 2006
nightly bump to help robert

[This message has been edited by 86blackse (edited 06-21-2010).]

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
nightly bump to ask for help for robert..etfc159@yahoo.com anything you can spare is needed...
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
BUMP....we still need all the help we can get right now, things aare really tight for robert and gail and they could sure use your help..donate what you can at etfc159@yahoo.com every bit helps
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
bump
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
so,i pulled up yesterday to see robert and there he was sitting outside smoking a cig, shooting me a bird lol..i about feel out.he is getting around alot better now and i hope its not long to he is walking..we had a good time yesterday. he is a nut.lol...he says some of the funniest stuff..gonna try and get some pics today and post them tonight...
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Gary!
I'm happy to hear that.

Smoking?
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
today i took robert some KFC and a ice cold mtn dew,he love it..then he wanted to go smoke about 10 times lol..and it was HOTTTT outside but he enjoyed it so much...btw i had nothing to do with him smoking. i think gail got tired of him begging for a cig. and broke down and bought him a pack lol..i think they thought it might calm his nerves a little...heres a few pics from today...Gary

Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Is it me or does he kind of look like Chuck Liddell? Look at those eyes. Tough as nails!
PFF
System Bot
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
lol...for sure he is tuff as nails. when this happened he weighed 217lbs,,now he's 144lbs..but a fighter...you better believe it...this boy looked death in the face for a month or so and now to have him making jokes with me is just unreal..i remember talking to robert for 30 min at a time in trauma icu and telling him to fight and fight harder than he ever has before.. i guess he did hear me...my life has been touched beyond words since this has happened to him. to have seen him on 3-27 and to see him now its just unbelievable. robert has fought the fight for life and won...im so proud of him.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Rob's looking good! Has he been able to try to walk yet?
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
not yet,,the dr has not released him to put pressure on his leg yet..he goes back on the 13th and maybe he will be released to walk on it. then the pt will start working on that..i'll be so happy to see him walk
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
guys i got to see robert take his first steps this evening. he said he had to go pee and i told him i'd go get the jug and let him pee..he said BS get out of my way im going to the bathroom. so he wheeled himself to the bathroom,pulled up in front of the toilet,stood up and pee'd.lol. i about fell out..i said dam robert i didnt know you could stand up he said "how tha hell you think a guy pisses" lol lol. he said the bad part is when his underwear falls down around his ankles..lol.lol. when he finished he took a few steps to the sink and washed his hands,turned around and pulled some towels off to dry his hands and said "now lets go smoke" lol..i was so happy to see him on his feet doing it all by himself..i told him it want be long now and he said i hope not these dam old people up here want even talk to me lol....he runs all over that place in his wheel chair, i bet he wears the tires off of it before he leaves that place...it was a great day,,super great day...heres a few pics

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday, my wife Melanie, my Granddaughter Mackenzie, and OldOne Dewey Reeder) and I showed up at Robbie's front door. When Melanie, Mackenzie and I walked in, Robbie was in the cafeteria. He spotted us and started rolling himself toward us. This was the first time he had seen me since coming out of the coma. I have to say that physically, he has come a long long way. He's able to move all his limbs and they said that he had stood on his right leg with some assistance, and took a shower.

My granddaughter smashed her finger in the front door and while we were attending to her, Dewey said Robbie headed into the bathroom on his own. He quickly got a nurse to help Robbie. He was gonna do it on his own. Gary got to see the proof of his determination.

His voice is clear and strong and his mind and mouth are running a mile a minute. His thoughts are mixed and he bounces from one thing to another. At times he is very lucid and at others he isn't. Like when he starts talking about how his Buddy and Lady Bug got mad at him and chewed him up, or the motorcycle ran over him or how he fell out of 2 helicopters on the same day and the helicopter blades chopped him up and put him in the hospital. But who knows? Robbie being the joker he is, he may be pulling our legs.

He was really looking forward to the Pontiacs In The Forge show and the 2nd Annual Southeastern Fiero Conference. When the folks at PITF heard about his accident, they asked me to give him a hat and shirt. Here he is with them. You can see the delight on his face.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
That's fantastic-all of it! I'm glad to hear that Rob is making great progress!
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
we took robert to cracker barrel this evening then went to his moms awhile..robert eat a full meal,most he has eat since march. he got his belly full of gravy biscuts,eggs,bacon,coffee,mellow yellow..he had a big time. i was so happy robert got out of the rest home for awhile,maybe it will do him good. he didnt have a problem going back,he didnt like it but he never gripped about it. i hated to have to take him back but he needs their help right now..i'll be takeing him out to eat and riding around every week..if you guys could have seen the enjoyment in him tonight.it was the best day by far since his accident.....gary

Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

we took robert to cracker barrel this evening...]

One of the best restaurants on earth. Glad he had a chance to go.

If you're reading this and have never been, go tomorrow, go early, and order the hashbrown cassarole. It sells out quick and is divine. So are their Old Timer's Breakfast. I always ask for cheese on my over hard eggs.

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
robert liked getting away from hospitals and facilities for awhile, gail took him today and got a hamburger and stuff and they rode around awhile.robert loves getting out of there lol..cant blame him either..it want be alot longer and im hoping robert can walk around..this man has came a long way since 3-26...i showed him pics of the day after this happen to him and he was amazed just how bad he was....he said he was lucky to be alive and i said yes sir you sure are....maybe we can have our east tennessee fiero club picnic after all this year, robert to me to plan it and lets do it so i will be talking to a few folks to see what a good date would be so everyone could come,robert would be so happy to see you all..i'll post more about it later.....Gary

[This message has been edited by 86blackse (edited 07-04-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock