Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 15)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
roberts doing great today, gail took him to his moms house and she ran and got them a fish plate,rob is eating alot better now..the nurseing home put him on regular solid foods now and he's eating alot better,he wouldnt eat that mashed up purade food. now if we can get him a upper plate made he will be good to go. i look for them to take the feeding tube out very soon...he's getting better ever day.....i think he will be up for the east tennessee fiero club annual picnic this year and its going to be at a nice place this year with some extra fun rodes getting there....if all possible i want everyone thats able to attend.i'll post more on it when i get everything set in stone....Gary
IP: Logged
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
It sound like I'll have to bring extra food for rob to the picnic!
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Funds are getting short. They could use your help. If you can afford to send anything, send it through PayPal at:

etfc159@yahoo.com

or mail it to:

Gail Finley
709 Perry Street
Athens, Tn. 37303
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
robert isnt doing good right now,,seems the severe UTI he had never cleared up completely and now he has staff infection,its a type of mersa infection which is very serious. the are treating him for it but the mersa staff infection is very critical..please keep him in your prayers,,seems he starts doing well then it all falls backwards....i'll post more when i know more about his condition....gary
HF

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HFSend a Private Message to HFDirect Link to This Post
Make sure he isn't consuming any sugar or smoking while he's battling this infection. Both things severely inhibit recovery from wounds and infections of any type.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
im sure they are watching this very close,,its not anything to take chances with,its a very serious infection...i just hate this is happening after all he has been through,,its like he dont have the strength to function..maybe they can get it under controll but im guessing he will need to be hospitalized for IV antibotics

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:

now he has staff infection,its a type of mersa infection which is very serious. the are treating him for it but the mersa staff infection is very critical..please keep him in your prayers,,....gary

More prayers
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
From WebMD:

What Is MRSA?

" Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium that causes infections in different parts of the body. It's tougher to treat than most strains of staphylococcus aureus -- or staph -- because it's resistant to some commonly used antibiotics.

The symptoms of MRSA depend on where you're infected. Most often, it causes mild infections on the skin, causing sores or boils. But it can also cause more serious skin infections or infect surgical wounds, the bloodstream, the lungs, or the urinary tract.

Though most MRSA infections aren't serious, some can be life-threatening. Many public health experts are alarmed by the spread of tough strains of MRSA. Because it's hard to treat, MRSA is sometimes called a "super bug." "

My wife had VRE which is Vancomycin resistant. Similar in that they are resistant to antibiotics. Can be very difficult and prolonged to treat.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
the mrsa is in robs urinary tract. no telling how long its been progressing,i think this is all part of the UTI he obtained from the CAT. eglanger left in him for months,thats the bad part. its going to be ruff on him,he has lost alot of strength and is very weak. they have him quarantined due to this which is probaly a good thing..this mrsa is some bad stuff the dr said
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Man I hate to hear that! Especially after he's come so far! I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers!
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i pray for robert and everyone who loves you there and takes care of you. much love , jim
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
More prayers headed y'all's way.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
Update, Rob is back on an uphill climb again, he is not 100% yet but so much better than 2 days ago. He is eating well again and has some of his strength back and doesnt seems as tired tonight as he was 2 days ago. He is still having problems with his leg but it to is better than 2 days ago. Thanks for your prayers guys.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:

Update, Rob is back on an uphill climb again, he is not 100% yet but so much better than 2 days ago. He is eating well again and has some of his strength back and doesnt seems as tired tonight as he was 2 days ago. He is still having problems with his leg but it to is better than 2 days ago. Thanks for your prayers guys.

That guy is like the roadrunner, he just won't go down. I'm glad to hear he's improving.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Gary.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
roberts doing alot better,his mind is alot more clear and he is eating good again. they are only giving him water in his feeding tube but he is eating enough now on his own so i look for them to take the feeding tube out soon. i was going through some of the pics i have of rob tonight and guys you would not believe just how far he has came since this accident. i prayed and prayed for robert to just open his eyes and God granted that prayer, i prayed hard for God to just let robert live and he granted that also,i pray for robert every night and thank God for everything he has done for robert, i dont think robert would have lived if it were not for all the prayers that was prayed for him. to look at the pics i have of him the day after this happened and to be talking to him on the phone now is just unreal,im so proud of him,he is a fighter for sure. i ask him different things and he says "im leaveing that up to you im to busy to handle it" lol..id have never thought id be touch so much by a person like robert but guys he is a angel without wings here on earth.id never dream that a mnt dew would make him so happy but when i walk in with him a dew he reaches out for it and is always thanking me for it. robert still has a long way to go but he will do it,he's not the type of guy to quit,never has been.he has recovered from injuries that is just unthinkable and im so happy to get to spend time with him. i ask him if he want to go on the RFTH this year and he said "you drivin" lol. i said well i can and he said thats fine we'll just hang back and ride with the sight see'rs so hopefully we can make it and let robert enjoy fieros again.....Gary
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
had a good time with robert today.he was in a good mood. we went out to eat at the mexican resturant then went to his moms for awhile then he went back to the rest home without a fuss. im sure he didnt want to but its what he needs right now. he's doing alot better considering everything he has been through.he enjoys getting out of there and since we been takeing him out to eat and riding around he seems to do alot better. sometimes i wish i could just bring him home with me but i know that want work..fierofool if you read this rob could use the wheelchair now,i told him you had one he could use and he said to tell you he could sure use it he was wearing his arms out just to go smoke.lol
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I was waiting on him to go home before bringing the chair. I know that with the injuries to his arms and shoulders that it must be difficult to power a wheelchair, but I'm afraid that it might disappear from the nursing home. If someone will take full responsibility for the chair's safety, I'll bring it up. I'm busy most of this coming week, but I might be able to get it there next week.

Someone up there with a truck that has a receiver hitch will need to meet me. They'll need to take the carrier to Robbie's or the garage for safe keeping until he goes home. The carrier will be needed to transport the chair to his house.

On the other hand, if the regular wheel chair keeps him from smoking as much,......... LOL
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Is there an update on this? Maybe it spawned into another thread and I missed it? I am just wondering since the last update was a month ago. Is Rob okay?
sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see this pop up again, I was wondering the same thing the other day! Hope all is well!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
There is another thread about the East Tennessee Fiero Club Annual Cookout that has some current info. Gary had planned to have the yearly cookout with Robbie being there. Due to the high heat index they've been having, Gail felt it best that Robbie not be outside that long. He can't take it for very long.

This past Saturday a get together was held at Memories Restaurant in Etowah, Tn. Gary estimated there about 27 or 28 people there. I think we spent about 2 1/2 hours with him. Even though he wasn't feeling well, he still managed a few wise cracks. He is having a lot of problems with kidney stones and he had several attacks while there. He gritted his teeth and shook like crazy, but he stuck it out until about 4:30. He was beginning to tire out and Gail took him back.

There are a couple of pictures on the Georgia forum. Maybe someone will post some here shortly.
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

There is another thread about the East Tennessee Fiero Club Annual Cookout that has some current info. Gary had planned to have the yearly cookout with Robbie being there. Due to the high heat index they've been having, Gail felt it best that Robbie not be outside that long. He can't take it for very long.

This past Saturday a get together was held at Memories Restaurant in Etowah, Tn. Gary estimated there about 27 or 28 people there. I think we spent about 2 1/2 hours with him. Even though he wasn't feeling well, he still managed a few wise cracks. He is having a lot of problems with kidney stones and he had several attacks while there. He gritted his teeth and shook like crazy, but he stuck it out until about 4:30. He was beginning to tire out and Gail took him back.

There are a couple of pictures on the Georgia forum. Maybe someone will post some here shortly.

Glad to hear he is still fighting. With a month of silence, I was beginning to worry.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see some news.

Keep on truckin' buddy! :thumbs:
Spoilt_87fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump for my buddy Rob. Lets keep this at the top so we can keep checking up on him
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bumperoo.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Haven't heard anything on him in a while. Last thing was that Gail was preparing him to go out for a burger and he stood up on his own. Donations have dwindled to almost nothing. I'm sure they could still use anything we could spare.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
robs doing pretty good, im taking him to the dentist tommorrow to get him a upper plate made so he can eat some good foods lol.,,he is in good humor and is looking forward to go to the dentist. he still cant walk but he can stand up for short periods but he wants to walk bad. he wants me to take him for a ride in his 86gt so i'll try to take him tommorrow after the dentist app. he still has a long road ahead of him. i sure hate all this happen to rob,you couldnt believe just how much it has took from him. gail is useing the money pete donated to get him some teeth made so a big thank you to pete...

[This message has been edited by 86blackse (edited 10-13-2010).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
it sure is good to see you standing, walking , just feeling better every day.god bless you.
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Robert & Gail; Glad to hear from ya, as above hadn't heard much in awhile. Robert almost looks like his ole self. Good to see you up &
about to walk, so you can fiddle-fart around the house/shop. It is sad to say funds have taken a few hits lately & the play dough is less
than it has been. I think everyone has had to tighten up some. But then prayers are still free & on going. Rick & Jerry.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
guys the paypal account that was set up for rob has been closed. if you wish to donate please mail it to his wife gail at :

Gail Finley
709 Perry Street
Athens, Tn. 37303

thank you all who sent prayers and donated, it was really appreciated.thanks gary
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
my back hurts today, i was wondering how robert is feeling. i hope well and enjoyed a ride in the fiero.feel well rob.
PFF
System Bot
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post

jim94

1225 posts
Member since Jan 2010
my back hurts today, i was wondering how robert is feeling. i hope well and enjoyed a ride in the fiero.feel well rob.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2010 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
That's one tuff sob.
Must have the will of a bulldozer.

Keep pounding dude!

P.S. Thanx to all those who are taking the time to be there for Rob & his family.
You are the best of us.
bristowb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bristowbSend a Private Message to bristowbDirect Link to This Post
I don't know you Rob but I am kinda new to PFF I have only been here a year. So Best wishes to you and your Wife and get well soon. Hope to get to meet you someday.
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
Rob called to talk a week ago or so..I Guess close to a hour we talked about everything and then some. Yes Rob does have the will of a bulldozer..
He was setting in his car. Car running and him giggling..He is not able to drive it yet..But,He is commended to getting back on his feet and doing what he loves to do..
Rob is a great person and friend...Wish I had been able to help more then I was able to.. But Ya know, I am just a phone call away.. Rock On Dude!!
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
rob is getting along pretty good,still has a few problems to work on but has came a long way since march..i didnt get to take him for a ride in his 86GT,,gail has dropped the ins on it until rob is able to drive,no need in insuring it just sitting there,,he has cranked it a couple times and boy his eyes lights up when he hears that flow master.lol,,,for those of you that dont know we are having a club meeting and birthday party saturday the 13th at the cracker barrel in athens,tn exit 49 off interstate 75,,if you could make it he would be happy to see you, i guess he's getting tired of seeing me all the time.lol. he calls me everyday just like old times. its just good to hear his voice after what he went through,God has really blessed rob along with all the prayers thats be sent up for him,,thank you all for the prayers they are working in a mighty way..Gary
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
At 9:40 this morning, I received a call from Robbie. He had just walked out of the nursing home under his own power and the use of a walker. He got into his wife's van and went home. PERMANENTLY!!!

They released him at 9:30 and he wasted no time in getting out. In past years he had always told me about his Christmas with his and his wife's families. One of the customs of his family is to have a big, big country style breakfast on Christmas Day with homemade biscuits and gravy and all the country stuff to go with it. The day is a day of feasting and spending time with the family. I don't know if they had reminded him of this or if he remembered it, but he was looking forward to it.

Just 2 days short of being 9 month, Robbie has come back from near death to be able to walk, though be it with the assistance of a walker. He says he is still having frequent bouts of loosing all feeling in his left arm and leg, but he's trying to adjust and cope with it. He still has hopes of being able to get back into his Fiero and working on other people's Fieros. I think he will succeed.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes for Robbie. I do believe it's what pulled him through. Thank you also for the monetary contributions you have made. I haven't heard any accounting of how much was donated or who the contributors were, but I know it greatly reduced the personal financial load on Robbie's wife and helped to keep the garage in Robbie's possession.

This is a great Christmas, and to top it off, we are to have a very rare event on Christmas day. At least for this area. Snow is forecast for Christmas Day.

God Bless and keep all of you and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Awesome dude!
Great to hear, keep it up!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
FieroFool, Thanks for the update. It's been a long journey, but I'm happy that it's led to Robbie being back home. I hope everybody has Merry Christmas!
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Terrific to hear this news !!!

Merry Christmas to all reading this, hope the Holidays bring you a lot of joy !!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock