Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Man I hate to hear that. My prayers are added to the list.
IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Robert has my prayers.

Pray for the Doctors, nurses and family. Strength and fortitude to get through this.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
8PM update: The pressure on his brain has stabilized and his kidney function is good. He is still unconscious, but they are reducing some of the medication. He responded to his wife's touch.

Robbie's Uncle reports that the approaching vehicle hit the left rear of the towed Fiero, the wheel of the tow dolly and the left wheel of the Fiero being towed. Robbie made contact with the front of the vehicle and the passenger windshield/A pillar. It seems he had little more time than to turn around, since he took most of the impact on his left side.

Here is an article from the Chattanooga Times Free Press:

Home » News » Latest News » Accident injures one ...
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Accident injures one on Highway 58

By: Staff Report

A pedestrian was hit by a vehicle traveling on Highway 58 late Friday evening, sending the victim to Erlanger hospital in critical condition, according to the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office.

About 11 p.m. police were called to the scene, where two people traveling north on Highway 58 had stopped in the roadway to fix a malfunction on a trailer being towed by a 2002 Silverado pick up truck, said Janice Atkinson, spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office.

Carter Crooks, 22, also was driving north in a 1990 Toyota Camry when he hit the left side of the trailer, striking the victim, despite efforts to break, Ms. Atkinson said. Mr. Carter then overcorrected and rotated about 180 degrees before coming to a stop.

Police said there was no evidence of alcohol found at the scene and no other injuries were reported other than the man who was hit. Ms. Atkinson said the victim’s name will not be released until next of kin have been notified and any decision on charges will be made after a full reconstruction of the crash is completed.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Rob is a really good guy and has taken time-outs from his paying work to talk to me about my car problems 150 miles away. My prayer list just got updated.

Jonathan
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
If anyone has the ability to open his shop and continue any of his work, I'd like to volunteer for a day on duty down there. I don't know how much I can help but I'd like to try. PM me.

Jonathan
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like it may have just been bad luck. Late at night, the driver may have been driving home from a late job. The trailer may not havr been completely off the road. May not have been well lit. I hope he recovers well, but I also hope the driver is doin ok. As they said, he wasn't drunk, and he didn't try to run. He did try to avoid the trailer, just didn't succeed. Prayers to all involved.
billpapps

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
I am going to Erlanger Hosp. in the morning. I have good feelings that he will be ok...
Ya know, a few months ago he told me about having a dream about getting run over with a car. At that time we was talking about a car
falling on someone.
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

When I can get down to help, we should donate our time to help keep his shop going!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Currently the shop is locked up and everyone's property is secure. Darrel Finley and Robbie's wife Gail, and Robbie's friends have made sure that everything is inside and under lock and key that only Gail has. I'm sure that as things get better, there exists the possibility that repair and service activity may start again.

Bill, I'll see you there tomorrow morning, also.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-27-2010).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Hope he gets better soon.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Best Wishes to Rob and his entire family to get safely through this event.
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
What a nasty thing to happen to a nice guy. Prayers and good vibes for him.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I hope for the best and a speedy recovery.
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
Horrible to have this happen. Pray it wasn't one of those "cell phone" wrecks. I hope he heals fast and well.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
can we set up a donation site?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
bump
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
hoping for the best for him! sorry to hear this happened.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I'll talk to his wife tomorrow and see if she will let us set up something. I can have our webmaster set it up on the GFC paypal account, if she agrees.

Goodnight. There will be no updates from me until I return from Chattanooga Sunday night, unless things change for the worse.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Will keep him in in our prayers.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
To Robert & his wife; prayers sent. Please continue to keep us posted.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Good thoughts going out to Rob and his family...
PFF
System Bot
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Hope all is well and getting better very soon... I'm sorry to hear about the incident... Especially being a "Finley" myself on the west coast... Stay strong! ---- I feel it's Family and we have to stick together
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I'm really sorry to hear this, I have prayed for him too.

Nolan
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thoughts and prayers to Him and his family .
Its Sad News .. I wish him full recovery ...

Rob
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
In our thoughts a prayers for a full recovery!!!
Spoilt_87fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroDirect Link to This Post
To Robert and his wife, I wish yall the best and we will pray for a speedy and healthy recovery. Please keep us updated.

Also Rob was really trying his best to get everybody that he could to attend the pontiacs in the forge car show in Pigeon Forge Tn. on June 4,5 and 6. Maybe we could attend for him as he will probably not be able to attend this know. And maybe stop by and see him also.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
First, Flyboy81, let me say that we're all glad you're ok. Had you also been injured, Robbie might have been in worse shape without your care until the medics arrived.

My Brother, Ray and I visited with Robbie this morning. It's apparent that he took a very serious impact. His BP is good and is within normal range, as is his pulse. I didn't see an Oh 2 monitor and the stats weren't displayed on the monitor, so his breathing and oxygen intake is likely normal. They list him as critical but stable. There is a monitor placed inside his skull for checking internal pressure. There has been no increase in the pressure, so they think the swelling has stopped. The left leg was of great concern due to lack of circulation. They have done some repositioning of the bone and now have good circulation. I held his hands and he is warm, so he has good circulation there.

I spoke with his wife, Gail about setting up a fund and she said that was OK. I was gonna do it through the GFC but since the ETFC members have already made the arrangements, it would best be done that way. This is to keep the rent paid up until Robbie is able to return. Some of the ETFC members will be handling some of the work in the shop in Robbie's absence.

Send checks to

Gail Finley
709 Perry Street
Athens, Tn. 37303
Flyboy81

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboy81Send a Private Message to Flyboy81Direct Link to This Post
Hey everyone, no new news to report on rob other than he is stable. Ill explain the accident first hand. We were towing a Fiero to the shop on a Dolly attached to my truck and I noticed sparks coming from the driverside wheel on the dolly. I told rob we need to pull off but there was no place on the road to do it. Nothin but ditches and with a dolly, we can't back out the driveways. I pulled to the end of the longest stretch of straight road we could get to and stopped. I had flagged 3 cars around us befor we stopped. After it was clear, we got out and started trying to fix the dragging strap. I saw the car start over the hill nearly three quarters of a mile away. I had all emergency lights on and bed light on. The dolly is well lit and all was working properly, rob won't use a dolly if its not working right. I noticed he was slowing and told rob to look out. We both stood there to see where the other driver was gonna go. It looked as if he was going to hit the fiero head on without even slowing. I guess suddenly he looked up, saw us, swerved but hit the side of the car and dolly fender. Rob was next to the fender and tried to run across the road but the boy swerved his way and hit him with the right front. Thus far, the police have told me the impact speed was between 50 and 60 mph. Id say if he was trying to brake, he must have been flying if he was on the brake before he hit us. We were visable for over half a mile, we had every light blinking we could. The other driver was 22 and a college student. I got up after diving over the car to find rob and it had knocked him over 50 feet in front of my truck. I ran to him dialing 911 and had to hold his cut shut on his head untill medics got there. They flew him out from there to erlanger. Other guy walked away with slight or no injuries. Rob is 50 years old and is fighting with all he has. I'm praying for him every day.
Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
Let his wife know how many people are thinking about them.
We wish him a comfortable and speedy recovery.

-Fierfly
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flyboy81:
Ill explain the accident first hand.

Wow. One thought I had is I hope you don't feel guilty in any way. It sounded like you guys did your best to make it safe. Lady Luck can be a B**** sometimes.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Horrible accident, I hope for a speedy recovery for Rob. That dude in the Camry was definitely texting and driving, waaay too many people my age do that and a lot of my friends have already come close to wrecking doing that.. Oh well, too bad it takes such pain for others for the offenders to learn. Good luck with everything.

Tom.
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Rob is in my prayers. It could have happened to any of us.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
We have started a prayer chain for him.

Now we know who is in control
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Sure glad to hear Robert is at least stable now. I totally agree w/$$ to keep his shop open/secure-will contribute on the 1st.

Spoilt-glad you mentioned the Pegion Forge show, I wasn't sure if I should, at least so soon after the accident. I am going for sure,
but Jerry still ain't sure if she can get off work.

Robert, Gail & all--in our prayers full time. Rick & Jerry
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Flyboy81, did the kid help in any way while you were waiting on help? Did he talk to you? Just wondering what he might have said or how he acted.

Jonathan
86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
just got home from the hospital, robs doing as well as can be expected guys, he looks bad and it was so heart breaking to see him that way but he's a strong guy. his bp was 147/79,,96 pulse,,99 percent oxygen, the doctor said they are watching the pressure in his head closely and its at 19 now and if it dont get over 24 they said it should be ok, they are going to do some work on his leg tommorrow they think. he did have some movement in his right hand today while we were talking to him and when his wife mentioned her and lady bug(his dog) said some prayers for him last night he really moved his hand. he is warm and making water so thats a good thing. rob has a long ruff road ahead of him and will need us all to get through this, i'll be going back up tommorrow sometime to see him and i'll post as to any improvements he has also. he is somewhat stable but in very serious condition guys..please keep him in your prayers
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from Erlanger Hospital.
Rob is still listed critical but stable in the Truama Intensive Care Unit.
His head
and face are swollen quite a bit, but the preasure in his brain
seems to be stableizing for the time being, the Drs. expect the pressure to
decrease as the swelling goes down
His left shoulder was shattered and clavical are broken and banged up so he
will have to have surgery to correct the shoulder at some point.
The left leg is shattered in 3 places but they are hoping to be able to clean
the leg up some tommorow helping to increase circulation and prevent infection.
His leg was hurt from the calf doing damage from back to front.
Basically right now they are working to save the leg and get it back
to normal as much as possible.For now they are mainly working on his head injury
and the bad leg.The rest will be one step at a time as he can tolerate procedures.
His medicine was decreased alittle and he did respond to Gayles touch so he is
aware that she is there with him. Rob is breathing mostly on his own now with
just alittle help from the ventalator. Gail wants everybody to know how much she
appreciates all the prayers and caring people.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
I Hope all is well and he pulls through the best possible. i know that major injures can be hard to over come
and with several severe injuries, 100% recovery can be tough,
i know that it is tough on the family to just be hanging out at the hospital watching the hours tick by.

i will keep you guys in my thoughts all we can do is hope for the best...
obviously i am just a guy 1000 miles away, but if i can help, im only a PM a way..
take care guys

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTI VR6 -- Not stock
07 G6 GTP 3.6 VVT-- 6 speed auto.
98 Corvette, Nassau blue Coupe, Not stock...

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you just never know do you?

Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Wow, !
Prayers given.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock