Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Keeping him in my thoughts...

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Rob is a great guy and I hope he makes it threw this ok.

Let me know if their is anything I can help with in anyway. I may be able to help out at his shop on the weekend if needed to keep things going until he is able to do it again.
I am sure I could find others here in Ga. that would also be willing to help out as well.

all my best to Rob and his fam. I know in times like these the intire fiero fam. comes together.

Dean
Flyboy81

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboy81Send a Private Message to Flyboy81Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Flyboy81, did the kid help in any way while you were waiting on help? Did he talk to you? Just wondering what he might have said or how he acted.

Jonathan

The guys only words to me were a panic stricken "should I call 911?". He pretty well stayed by his car on the embankment and out of my way. I honestly didn't give him another thought. He was on the phone with his parents straight away I think. I was already on the phone with 911 when I was sitting with rob. I didn't ask for his help. He was pretty well shaken up and not of much use to me as I was honestly just trying to deal with robs injuries. We had cars passing by but no one stopped.
NiotaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll be going down today to see Rob. Hoping to hear good news. Rob and family are in our prayers. Be strong-God bless.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
March 30, 4:45 PM update:

Robbie was taken to surgery this morning to work on the shattered left leg. They were able to clean the wound and readjust the leg. They can't give him a blood thinner so they've inserted a filter in his leg to capture any blood clots that may develop. He was given several units of blood during the procedure. He is still under a drug induced sleep, and the hospital reports his vitals are very acceptable.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
First off, glad to hear that you are doing ok.

My prayers go out to Rob and his family. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Originally posted by Flyboy81:

We had cars passing by but no one stopped.

I know this experience all too well, I was first on scene to a roll-over. The driver and passenger were co-workers and we were passed by over 100 cars before the police showed up. Not one car stopped to help or to see if they could assist. It's especially angering when you know that over 80% of the cars that just passed you were other co-workers (I work at an isolated site right now).
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to hear that he's still moving forward in the right direction! I hope he gets better soon.

As for nobody stopping. Seen that first hand while bleeding to death on the side of the road. The 1 person who stopped 1/2 hour later saved my life. I did ask him "why didn't anybody stop?" and he replied "In this day and age everybody is afraid of being sued while helping" i found out later he was an off duty cop. This is a sad world we live in. But in a screwed up sort of way, we made it this way.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Did the officers take a alcohol breath/ blood test on the kid? Did the kid clam-up after talking to his parents?
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Too many Fiero faithful are getting hurt lately. =[ I hope he gets better soon.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

The guys only words to me were a panic stricken "should I call 911?". He pretty well stayed by his car on the embankment and out of my way. I honestly didn't give him another thought. He was on the phone with his parents straight away I think. I was already on the phone with 911 when I was sitting with rob. I didn't ask for his help. He was pretty well shaken up and not of much use to me as I was honestly just trying to deal with robs injuries. We had cars passing by but no one stopped.

God Bless you Flyboy81 for being by his side. He is lucky to have a friend like you, and very lucky you were there to help. Not everyone would be able to react the way you did in that situation.

I am sorry you have to go through such a traumatic experience. I can't imagine you have slept well lately.
PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
This is terrible news. Did I read the news article correctly when it says they had stopped in the roadway to check a trailer. Would the shoulder be called a roadway? I'm saying a prayer.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad that Rob seems to be making progress.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 03-29-2010).]

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
He will be in my thoughts.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

As for nobody stopping. Seen that first hand while bleeding to death on the side of the road. The 1 person who stopped 1/2 hour later saved my life. I did ask him "why didn't anybody stop?" and he replied "In this day and age everybody is afraid of being sued while helping" i found out later he was an off duty cop. This is a sad world we live in. But in a screwed up sort of way, we made it this way.

thats why there are "good samaritan laws" that are in place to protect you

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTI VR6 -- Not stock
07 G6 GTP 3.6 VVT-- 6 speed auto.
98 Corvette, Nassau blue Coupe, Not stock...

Flyboy81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboy81Send a Private Message to Flyboy81Direct Link to This Post
You read correctly. There is no shoulder on Rte 58. Ditches on both sides of the road with nowhere to stop for a repair or pull off. With a Dolly, I couldn't pull into a driveway because you can't back a Dolly with a car on it. I had every light my truck had on it blinking and the other driver had at minimum, 3/4 mile view of my truck. We were as far over as we could get. My belief is he could've seen us but was distracted somehow.
Flyboy81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboy81Send a Private Message to Flyboy81Direct Link to This Post

Flyboy81

357 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

God Bless you Flyboy81 for being by his side. He is lucky to have a friend like you, and very lucky you were there to help. Not everyone would be able to react the way you did in that situation.

I am sorry you have to go through such a traumatic experience. I can't imagine you have slept well lately.

I've hardly slept since it happened. I've seen some bad stuff as a volunteer fire fighter but this has givin me some pretty rough thoughts. Its just hard to see someone you care about like that. I appreciate your kind words and I'm lucky to have a friend like rob. So many things I could not have done had it not been for him pushing me and his help. My 3800 project would have never happened if not for him. It was him and my dad who pushed me to learn the wiring and do these harnesses. I'm gonna do all I can to help him in this hard time.

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post

You read correctly. There is no shoulder on Rte 58. Ditches on both sides of the road with nowhere to stop for a repair or pull off. With a Dolly, I couldn't pull into a driveway because you can't back a Dolly with a car on it. I had every light my truck had on it blinking and the other driver had at minimum, 3/4 mile view of my truck. We were as far over as we could get. My belief is he could've seen us but was distracted somehow.

I hope the police have the other drivers cell phone records checked, a lot of people talk on the phone while driving and cannot concentrate on driving and worst yet some people even text while driving and young drivers seem to have the most incidence of accidents involving a cell phone in same way.

I hope you both recover quickly.
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunatly, there are no laws in TN that state you cannot talk on a phone or"phone laws" other thatn Texting while driving. The phone records could show any close to time of accident that show up that could possibly be a distraction.

Good to here the good progress. Working in a hospital - I know the seriousness of this type of injury. Indeed Derick, when he needed a friend you were there.
Its probably a good thing the other guy stayed away, had it been me - he would have had worse injuries other than just being shaken up..........
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the good news. I hope he recovers quickly.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

Now there is... at the time there wasn't. But it was also the time where everybody was getting sued for one thing or another. Most people only see the bad news and don't understand the by laws.

More importantly... Just glad he is doing better.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Prayers for all involved and a timely recovery.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Some of the swelling has gone down in Robbie's face and hands and they plan to do some surgery on the leg on Wednesday. He is doing well for the circumstances.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12873 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Robbie is scheduled for surgery at 8AM Wednesday morning. The procedure is expected to take about 7 hours.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
. The procedure is expected to take about 7 hours.

thats a long one, hope all goes well
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Prayers sent.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Robbie is scheduled for surgery at 8AM Wednesday morning. The procedure is expected to take about 7 hours.

Dang, thanks for keeping us updated, I tried to follow the link posted earlier, but got lost. Can someone give me direction?

Brad
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to keep PFF and the GFC forums updated at the same time. For the GFC forum, go to www.gafiero.org
On the left, click Message Board
Next page click NEW FORUM
Next page, open General Discussion

Black86SE reports that Robbie will undergo surgery to repair the bone in his leg. They will be removing a muscle from another part of his body and putting it into his leg. Today, he moved his head and appeared to try to sit up. At one time, he was seen scratching his belly. Robbie had let his beard grow quite long. When they cleaned him up, they shaved it and he's back looking more like the old Robbie.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

You mean the cop that helped you wasn't a fascist Nazi that enjoyed watching you suffer? Go figure.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
More good signs for Robbie. At one point yesterday, the nurse pressed on his fingernail and he moved his hand away.
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Robbie had let his beard grow quite long. When they cleaned him up, they shaved it and he's back looking more like the old Robbie.

This is what my brain read.

Robbie had let his beard grow quite long. When they cleaned him up, they shaved it and his back. Looking more like the old Robbie.

hope that makes someone else giggle a little too.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Buddy, Hahah I think we needed that smile from how you read that!

My thoughts and prayers out to him and his family. I saw mention of an address to send checks to on page 2. Are there plans to set up a PayPal donation as well?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-31-2010).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB, since the money can be mailed direct, I felt it was best to do it that way, rather than going through the Georgia Fiero Club website. We would have to write a check from our account and send it to her and it would just slow things down. Mailing direct also keeps the middleman out and there would be no question that she received everything donated.

The current information I have on Robbie's surgery is that it didn't take place today, but was rescheduled for Thursday morning. I will update with any new information as I get it.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

PM sent.
86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
news from tonight,,
i just got home and its almost midnite, they didnt let us go back until 10pm instead of 8:30 tonight, had some serious injury patients come in on life force and set everything back in the trauma icu unit but still got to see him and talk to his nurse. everything is still good and he looks so much better,looks more like rob now. he will go in for a 7hr surgery in the morning at 8am to have what the nurse called a flap procedure, they will remove a muscle from his back (in most cases she said) and replace it in his left leg and put a rod and screws to fix the bones, they gave him a breathing treatment while we were back there and i got to hear rob cough and both eyes opened but she said he didnt know it and that was common for they eyes to open with this procedure. things are looking good she said. i ask her what would he have to do to get moved to reg. icu and she said he would have to respond to commands every hour like move his hand or squeeze your hand etc. and be able to breath atleast with a cpap machine,she said she see's really good results as of now,,he is breathing aprox. 10 times a min but he needs atleast 16 time per min and thats what the machine is doing for him..she said that rob was her only patient tonight and she would take good care of him...i'll post more results tommorrow as i hear them...keep the prayers coming for rob....Gary
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:
...keep the prayers coming for rob....Gary

still being sent
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
There has been a scheduling delay in the surgery, again. He is now scheduled for about noon time.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like he has a good nurse. Remember to keep his care-givers in your prayers, too.

Jonathan
86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
no surgery today, they cant get him to stop coughing and i think he might have some lung problems,, i'll know more after i talk to his nurse tonight.....gary
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock