Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Every extremity is crossed for good luck.
IP: Logged
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, and I cross dressed for good luck!

Just kidding! LOL Put your cameras away.

Jonathan
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke with his wife and she said that there is no surgery scheduled until they resolve some of the other issues. He hasn't responded to touch or voice, and his oxygen levels have dropped. Lung x-rays showed some improvement over the original x-rays, though he is having the coughing problem with fluid discharge. The drop in oxygen levels could be a result of the fluid in the lungs. I don't think we should read anything into it at this time.

I just checked in with the hospital and was left holding, so I don't have a report from the nurses at this time.
Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
I am hoping for a full and speedy recovery, my thoughts go out to his family.
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Good vibes sent. So sorry to hear of this. Hope recovery is swift and good.
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Still sending prayers and good vibes his way.

Zach
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I just spoke with his wife and she said that there is no surgery scheduled until they resolve some of the other issues. He hasn't responded to touch or voice, and his oxygen levels have dropped. Lung x-rays showed some improvement over the original x-rays, though he is having the coughing problem with fluid discharge. The drop in oxygen levels could be a result of the fluid in the lungs. I don't think we should read anything into it at this time.

I just checked in with the hospital and was left holding, so I don't have a report from the nurses at this time.

I do remember, when my father was ill with respiratory problems, anytime fluid built up in his lungs, his oxygen levels dropped.

Again-we wish Rob a speedy and full recovery.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-02-2010).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the updates Charlie and Gary.

Still in my prayers.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2010 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
That's a lonely cold wWorld inside his head at the moment. I bet he can still hear though. Any way we can send audio messages, record them onto an iPod or something, and fit him up with some earphones so he can hear the messages? They MIGHT just get through to him, and let him know we all care, and are prying for his speedy recovery to full health? Might be a stupid idea from an old Crazy like me, but I know of many cases where people were in a coma, and still could hear. I dunno...maybe it IS too crazy
My prayers and good wishes, along with all the good vibes I can muster, are always winging their way across the 'Pond'..
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 04-02-2010).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

That's a lonely cold wWorld inside his head at the moment. I bet he can still hear though. Any way we can send audio messages, record them onto an iPod or something, and fit him up with some earphones so he can hear the messages? They MIGHT just get through to him, and let him know we all care, and are prying for his speedy recovery to full health? Might be a stupid idea from an old Crazy like me, but I know of many cases where people were in a coma, and still could hear. I dunno...maybe it IS too crazy
My prayers and good wishes, along with all the good vibes I can muster, are always winging their way across the 'Pond'..
Nick

Nick is right about people hearing everything around them. Melanie has an aunt that was in a coma for a year. When she woke up she said she could hear everything that was going on around her.

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Yeah, and I cross dressed for good luck!

Just kidding! LOL Put your cameras away.

Jonathan

No pictures, PLEASE.

Just hoping he is going to get better soon and sending even more good vibes his way.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i pray for rob every day for a speedy recovery. please tell him i do believe everyone on the forum is concerned and love him. good karma on the way too.
PFF
System Bot
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2010 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
....At 12:00 noon saturday let all forum members who read this pray in unison to The god/spirit/entity you beleave in,,if our beleave or faith is strong some small needed help may forthcome ,,
Let us work together in our own beleaves to save a kindred spirit
In 1992,while sitting on my Bicycle,, I was hit head on by a drunk driver doing over 50 MPH,I suffered brain damage ,traumatic injuries ,never thought I would walk correctly again,I was 50 years old..,I'll never be 100%,but I can function and hopefully he will be O.K...what Im saying is,, there is hope for a good recovery

12:00 noon saturday east coast time ,,11:00 central ,, 10:00 mountain ,,9:00 pacific time =PRAYER TIME

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 04-02-2010).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Come on buddy, were all pullin' for you.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
No surgery again today. He has breathing problems. They are checking for infection in his lungs. Pressure in his head is a little unstable and they are keeping him heavly sedated.

Thank you for the prayer period. I'll pass this to the GFC members who don't visit PFF.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Come on buddy, were all pullin' for you.

Agreed!! I say a little prayer for Robbie every night. And check in on this thread anytime its updated.

Godspeed my fellow car nut.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 04-02-2010).]

86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
rob had a CT scan this morning early and the results are in,,,,,,,he has IMPROVEMENT since last ct was done.....bp is back up to normal,,they took a culture from his lungs checking for infection but it take 48hrs to get the results..doing another complete blood work over to make sure they have'nt missed anything,,ICP is back down to normal so no swelling or pressure. so far today he has had a good day..still keeping him paralized by meds..he's not out of the woods by now means but today was better than yesterday.....today was a good day...robs a fighter so i pray it want be long until we have him awake atleast..keep praying guys the prayers are getting through. i will post more soon as i find out more..... Gary
SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:

today was better than yesterday...

Thanks for the updates. We will pray that every day is better than yesterday.

Larry & Sharon Jackson

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 04-02-2010).]

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Prayers & hope each day-Rick & Jerry Morehouse
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
This morning they will be cleaning the wound on his left leg. They won't have the results of the culture on his lungs until late today or tomorrow, to see if the congestion and coughing is caused by an infection. The results of the CT scan on his head showed there was improvement. In what respect, I don't know, but there was improvement and that's what's important.

Gail reported that 2 donations came in, yesterday. One from down this way and one from the Honda Element Club in Ohio. I'm sure more are on the way, but those were the first of many to come.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Remember !! 12:00 Eastern standard time ,let us pray ,,if you have no real beleave,, ask for improved life ..
There is power in thought,harness this for the health of a Kindred spirit,focus your mental strength ..ask with out reward for anothers spirit..
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
This morning they carried Robbie to the OR to insert a trache tube and a feeding tube. They also cleaned the wound on his leg. He is back in his ICU room at this time.

6 minutes until Prayer Time.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Robbie is doing well with Trach. Vitals good, pressure on his brain staying low. CT scan shows improvement, they started antibiotics for infection in his lungs
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Gail reported that 2 donations came in, yesterday. One from down this way and one from the Honda Element Club in Ohio. I'm sure more are on the way, but those were the first of many to come.

Great news! Also, we have started a prayer chain that reaches from here to maryland and I'm sure it will continue to grow.
Faith has POWER!!
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
I hope everything goes well, prayers are sent him and his family and friends.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Bump for news
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I just checked the ETFC forum and Gary Murray reported that Robbie had a good day. All his vital signs are good. They have scheduled him for surgery Monday morning at 10:30.

I believe it's a very good sign that he has improved enough to withstand the surgery. I think the prayer period yesterday had a lot to do with it.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
So he may be in surgery right now...
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
The surgery was canceled again. Approaching surgery time, his blood pressure was too low and the pressure on his brain had elevated. That was the reason for postponing it.

At this time, his blood pressure is still a little low, but the pressure on his brain has decreased.

Since I get 2 to 4 updates a day, there usually isn't a lot of change, so I will hold off on any updates until I have something substantial to report.
Steven_Kreg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven_KregSend a Private Message to Steven_KregDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the updates. I'm rather new here and dont know the guy at all, but I've been following this daily.

Even a "things havent changed" update is better than hearing nothing at all.

I appreciate it.
Spoilt_87fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven_Kreg:

Even a "things havent changed" update is better than hearing nothing at all.

I appreciate it.

I agree, we want to hear something even if its no change. we've been prayin for Rob and his wife everyday. Rob is a great guy and he really needs our support.

Daniel and Amanda
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
robs vitals are back down and in good shape this evening,,his bp was back up and the icp is down so thats good. his liver inzymes are down but could be due to the infection meds for the lung infection. alot of the swelling in his face has went down also. i try and remember to ask his nurse any questions while she is in the room but i forget to ask somethings but she says he is done fine as could be expected. i'll post more on his improvements tommorrow night when i get home.......Gary
PFF
System Bot
NiotaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the updates guys- we're still praying.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Robbie is still stable. There was no surgery due to the liver results. They're doing some tests in that area. Otherwise he's holding steady.
Spoilt_87fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroDirect Link to This Post
That's good to hear that he is stable. Thanks for the updates. As always Rob is in our prayers
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
just got home from seeing rob,,all vitals were good,they removed to drainage tube under his skull cause it wasnt draining enough to be needed..they took him off the med. that kept him paralized but the nurse said she will be with him all night to see how he reacts. she said he had some mouth movement when she suctioned him tonight. still has some lung problems but they are testing to see what it could be,,the orthopedic doctors called and said they wanted to try the surgery again tommorrow on his leg if he did good tonight..i talked to him alot but still no responce,the nurse said he had only been off the med for 2 or 3 hours so give it some time and see,,maybe gail can talk to him in the morning and get a responce out of him..id be so happy if that happened. im sure im forgeting something but i'll be back up there tommorrow evening to check on him..he has the best nurse's up there they really inform you of his condition since their shift started, we also talked about how much the swelling has went down so thats wonderful....i'll post more tommorrow when i get back from seeing him...
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!

Thanks Gary.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Sending another prayer tonight for our friend Robbie.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2010 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Come on, buddy.
Time to kick it up a notch.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Thats great news. Let us know how he does when he starts to come to. He will be in much pain but not as much as it could have been. Things are starting to look up. (I think because we are all looking up)
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update. Sounds like Rob has been strong enough to hold on while the swelling decreased. We're praying they will be able to do the surgery soon, and help him heal.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock