Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the constant updates! I'm glad to hear that Rob is responding so well!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 04-14-2010).]

IP: Logged
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bh241:

Just a quick note, according to Robbie it 'hurts' when the nurse pinched his arm!

Yes, he said that! OK, so he 'mouthed' it, but he could have said it if he didn't have that trach in his throat.

Thanks so much for all the prayers for Robbie, they are being answered!!!

Awesome!!

Brad
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear he is showing progress and as soon as he gets the tube out I am sure he will read that nurse the riot act.
Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
i just got home from seeing robert. he wasnt as responsive tonight i guess due to the surgery today on his right arm.. gail finally got to see him try to talk today,i was so happy for her to get to see that..all his vitals were still good. tammy tried to get him to talk to her to but he wouldnt talk or even tell us bye. his color is looking better to. the nurse pinched rob today and he was trying to saying ouch..she said he tried saying it 2 time lol.lol. i ask him if that nurse was pinching him today and he just moved his mouth a little lol.lol. all the nurse's up there said robert is such a sweetheart,they really take great care of him..maybe tommorrow night he will be more alert. i told him they were 6 pages on pennocks of people that were really cared for him and he moved his mouth a little. he acts like he really wants to talk and i dont think it will be much longer. keep the prayers coming and thanks to everyone who has donated it is so greatly appreciated ..Gary Murray
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Can he type? A laptop or even just a pen and paper would be good for him to communicate.

Tell him we are all pulling for him.

Still sending those good vibes.

Steve, Melanie, & Amanda

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
tammy is getting him a laptop for when he is able to type but it might be a little while but when he's ready he has a new laptop to type on...i hope it want be long....
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Gokart, assuming you are speaking of the Fiero they were towing, it got the passenger front end and wheel. Don't know much more about it.

Could this be the next car the forum fixes up?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2010 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:
all the nurse's up there said robert is such a sweetheart,they really take great care of him..

Seems like a good time to acknowlage all the great nurses out there they stay with us at our most vulnerable, tending us, engaging us, and watching over us when we need it most.
I just can't say enough about these fine people who never seek the limelight, but are allways there, just the same.
They have made the difference in my life, many times.
Thank you.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
roberts doing good tonight ,,vitals are good..they are giving him some pain meds. and they are keeping him a little sleepy but he's resting well. day by day he is getting better,just cant wait to get robert back, i miss some of the craziest things he would say lol. keep praying and thank each and everyone of you who have donated,ever penny will be so helpful to to rob and gail....Gary Murray
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear he is progressing so well!!

X2 re the nurses, tho when my brother was recovering from a 3x bypass, there was this large, brusque and quite muscular nurse name Olga who was a bit more aggressive than I thought was really neccessary.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke with Gail. She had some private time with Robbie tonight since there was no one else there. He is still jaundiced, but it's slowly going away. The nurses said it should be gone in 3 or 4 more days. He is running a little fever, but nothing they are concerned about at the moment. He has been asleep most of the day. Gail said that the ventilator isn't doing as much of the work and rather than breathing for him, it's only assisting occasionally. If the progress continues, they may remove the ventilator soon. They want to try to wean him off it.

She said she had paid the rent and still had the utilities to pay, as soon as the landlord found the utilities bill. She said to thank each and everyone of you for your support, concerns and prayers.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 04-15-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Seems like a good time to acknowlage all the great nurses out there they stay with us at our most vulnerable, tending us, engaging us, and watching over us when we need it most.
I just can't say enough about these fine people who never seek the limelight, but are allways there, just the same.
They have made the difference in my life, many times.
Thank you.

X3
They do more than they get paid for. Willingly.

Originally posted by maryjane:
... there was this large, brusque and quite muscular nurse name Olga who was a bit more aggressive than I thought was really neccessary.

Mmmm, my kinda woman, .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

36470 posts
Member since Jun 2003

She said she had paid the rent and still had the utilities to pay, as soon as the landlord found the utilities bill.

, gosh, I wish I could help right now. I feel bad. Somehow I find cigarette money.
I'll find someway to help.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to come down there and work in the shop but I guess it would make more sense for me to just send the gas/motel room money.

Jonathan
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Cliffw, no one is obligated to assist. Only if they can and want to. You must take care of yourself first. Like a lifeguard rescuing a drowning person, you must protect yourself, or you can't provide support and assistance. The greatest assistance you could give is your prayer.

Some of the ETFC folks and customers and even some of Robbie's parts vendors have contributed behind the scenes. The various auto parts stores where he purchases parts keep up to date on him.

Boostdreamer, you might contact flyboy81. Gail said that he and some others were thinking about coming down to work one weekend. Maybe you could coordinate with them.

There have been some questions about responsibility for the accident. Flyboy81 has gotten info that the other driver is held responsible. Since I don't have full details, I won't say any more. If this is true, hopefully it will cover the medical expenses for Robbie since he had no insurance.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Some questions, is there a paypal set up for donations?
If so could it be posted in the 1st post so it is easily found?
If he is in need of funds to pay bills, be they medical or keeping the electric on at his home, is that the focus of donations? I saw some notes about his car.
Would like to help somehow and not sure how.
Are there any dollar figures we are looking at for donation goals?

thanks, prayers continue to be sent
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
There is a paypal account. Gary Murray set one up at etfc159@yahoo.com

I'll go back and edit my first post and insert it.
The donations are to pay the expenses to keep the shop in his hands. Rent and utilities. He does have some outstanding bills to some of the parts suppliers, but I believe they are aware of his situation. There are some vehicles waiting to be finished up and I'm sure they will require parts, so any donation to that will certainly help. The ETFC members who might do the work shouldn't have to take all the money from their pockets.
Robbie has no insurance. I doubt it's known at this time as to how much responsibility for the medical costs will be placed on the young man who hit him, or if he has sufficient insurance to cover the expenses.
The car he was towing belonged to either a customer or a member. It wasn't Robbie's personal vehicle. It might have been Flyboy81's Dad's car.
I remember Robbie telling me that his average shop costs and utilities were somewhere around $400 per month. Due to some agreements with the landlord he sub-leases from, that amount could be slightly higher or lower. Currently Gail says she has enough contributions that she has paid the rent and still has the utilities to be paid, but she said she had enough.

Some of the donations have gone straight to Gail. I believe she said that Gary had a listing of who donated through paypal. Because many of us will be making regular donations, she is planning to wait for a while and will thank each individual on a personal basis.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Possibly if the landlord has the ability they could give a grace period for some length of time, might be worth asking.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Not this landlord. Gail and Derek were worried about him hauling stuff off if he didn't get his money, so they immediately changed the locks. Robbie's landlord has some small space in the building and uses Robbie's payment to pay to the owner of the building.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
chad is the landlord, he is not a very nice guy at all, he's in it for the money and thats all...we will make sure roberts business is taken care of as long as you guys keep helping us with the donations.even if its 5 or 10 dollars will be a big help as long as you guys keep helping us until robert can get back....i'll post the paypal link in my first post also and keep puting it in a few posts of mine...i'll be going up again tonight to see robert and see if tammy can get him to talk to us lol.....Gary Murray
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Thats good news about Rob.
If someone needs a person to talk to this renter of a landlord who like to rent from others and use other peoples money to support their own credit score, I would gladly be that guy.
I can be VERY persuassive.
PFF
System Bot
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
well i dont have much news on robert, he didnt do alot for us tonight, he moved his mouth a little when tammy was talking to him, he moved his right leg some, bp was 137 / 87 ..temp was fine so was heart beat. the nurse said everything was as good as could be expected. he is on NO pain meds or any type of sedation meds either she said and hadnt been for a few days now. he still acts so sleepy.the nurse said she hadnt seen robert respond to any comands but said he should be coming around shortly, we tried to get him to do anything tonight so she could see but nothing but yawning and looking at us..he was sweating real bad but the nurse called it "neuro storming" which she said is his brain coming back to life and that was very common with head injury patience.. i dont have any changes to report except he's holding his own...keep praying for him...Gary Murray
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
That is still good news

Prayers are sent daily.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

Thats good news about Rob.
If someone needs a person to talk to this renter of a landlord who like to rent from others and use other peoples money to support their own credit score, I would gladly be that guy.
I can be VERY persuassive.

My drill instructor called it "wall to wall counciling".

Jonathan
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
just got back from seeing robert,,his sister and her husband came down from NC. to see him tonight,,he was still very sleepy. he is doing 4 hrs of therapy and i think its really taking alot of his streangth. they will be moving him to intermediate icu tommorrow so the visting hours will change. his bp was still really good and his color is great almost all the yellow is gone. he was moving his right leg alot tonight also. i was hoping he would be more alert for his sister tonight since they drove 6 hrs to see him but he was really tired. roberts looking good and the nurse said he has came a long way. today was his 22nd day in trauma icu. i will post his new visting hours tommorrow incase anyone wants to go see him..robert needs all the encourgment and prayers he can get right now. he has a long road ahead of him and he will need all of us to help him. if he can get well enough to get in a private room i will stay with him at night while gail goes home to rest, she is really worn out, i dont see how she is still going, pray for her to...if anyone wants to donate the paypal address is etfc159yahoo.com thank you all so much...Gary Murray
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
So he's moving to the other unit, is he listening and doing commanded movements now?
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
Reading about Rob's progress reminds me of something.. You notice how ICU nurses look at banged-up patients the same way we look at fieros that we find in a barn? "Hey, this one's gonna be FINE!! Look, just a couple of dozen bullet holes, and mouse nests, but NO RUST!"

Tell Rob and Gail we're pulling for them, and if you talk to her, please find out if they're doing ok on the rent situation for the upcoming month.
Oh, and tell him to hurry up and get better, car show season is coming up, and that would make a great excuse to get out of the hospital for a while..

Aaron
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
rob is not responding to direct commands consistantly, he does open his eyes when we call his name and he has done a few things for me tammy and gail that the nurse's hadnt seen. hopefully that will change this week. he is alot more stable than he was so they dont think he will be needing trauma icu at this point, he's breathing all on his own,all vitals are doing good,they just think its going to take some time and rest from here on.

we are doing ok on rent so far. we have enough donations to pay rent up through May but rob has other household bills that will need our help also. gails trying to work a few hours a week just to get a little money to get back and forth to the hospital and a few other things she needs. we still need a few things, robs glasses were broken beyond repair and his top plate wasnt found anywhere so we will need to get him a new top plate made so that he can eat when he gets well enough to eat solid foods. im sure im missing alot of bills he has so please if you can keep the donations coming,every penny will be needed and greatly appreciated....the paypal address is etfc159@yahoo.com thank you all so much...Gary Murray
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

86blackse

1778 posts
Member since Nov 2006
we just got back from seeing robert tonight,,he is resting well and all vitals are good. we got to stay back with him almost a hour tonight. darrel and janice came up tonight, im sure robert was glad they came.it was good seeing them both,,, rob was moving his right leg alot tonight for us. gail got some good responces out of him today. he is improving good day by day. prayers are being answered...thank you all so much...Gary Murray
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Any new news? Hows rob doing??
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
just got home from seeing robert. all things are still about the same with rob. they moved him to his new room tonight, its alot like a private room. he didnt do alot for us tonight but he's doing as well as could be expected. maybe it want be long and he will be talking to us....Gary Murray
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Probably on alot of pain meds I would think?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like there hs been alot of progress made since the beggining, Thanks be to God!
He'll be up and laughint other people who cut their fingers in the tight spots of fieros before too long, LOL.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
robert is still doing about the same tonight, still holding his own. gail got him to moving around,he was even moving his left leg alot. he needs encourgement every day. I gave gail the paypal monies all you guys and gals sent for robert and she was very proud and wants to thank everyone who donated. every penny can be used and it will take all we can get to keep things going for robert until he is back at the shop. thank you all so much and i will update tommorrow evening when i get home...Gary Murray
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait till he's off that respirator!

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
He is off the respirator and the pain meds and breathing on his own. He has a trache tube as the reason he can't make sounds.

He's been moved up to the 6th Floor ICU and they are giving him physical therapy. The new visiting hours are

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

He is off the respirator and the pain meds and breathing on his own. He has a trache tube as the reason he can't make sounds.

He's been moved up to the 6th Floor ICU and they are giving him physical therapy. The new visiting hours are

good news!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is good news. Even with this progress, he is still unconscious. It was reported that at one point, as they were exercising him, they moved him in a direction that seemed to hurt and he grimmaced. He still isn't responding to commands and sleeps a lot. Gail said that it would possibly take a while as the brain injury is slow to heal.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the updates. I check this thread several times a day hoping to see good news.
There isn't much I can do except keep Fiero friends in my heart but, be assured, that is in fact the case.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-21-2010).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Today during the 9-11 AM visiting period, Robbie stayed awake the whole 2 hours for Gail and her sister. At the 5-7 PM visit, Gail played videos of the engines running and his laugh from his phone and he reacts to those.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock