Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
Rick Morehouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Still praying-progress seems to be steadily improving. His first words surely will be: How come that 3800sc swap ain't done?? We pray
the landlord is keeping his distance & not trying to do any stupid stuff to Rob's(ya'lls) shop. R&J
IP: Logged
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
am i reading this wrong, he's unconscious (cant spell) but he's awake and responding?

not sure if i understand correctly.

matthew
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
He opens his eyes occasionally, but doesn't turn them toward anyone or focus on anyone. He seems to respond to some stimulii, but it isn't consistent. He doesn't always respond the same way to the same thing, if he responds at all. There are some signs that he is somewhat aware at times of his surroundings and what's going on. Hope to be getting an update on him shortly.
86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
robert was doing good tonight,,still neuro storming alot he was soaking wet with sweat. i kept his head wiped off with a cool wash cloth. he had been awake alot today but the nurse gave him some pain meds at 7pm tonight and that had him knocked out. he's doing as well as could be expected at this time. his vitals were all good tonight and his color was good. we did get him to move his left arm some and open his eyes wider than ever before and he would look at us when we would talk to him, tammy turned on the real bright light over his bed and he snorled his nose lol.lol. the nurse said he had been awake alot more today and if she had know we were coming at 8pm she would have waited to give him the pain meds but im sure robert needed them. maybe it want be long until he is more alert and talking..i'll post again tommorrow night when i get back.....Gary M
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i spent 40 minutes in an mri machine prefectly still[knee problems] thinking of rob is going thru. the human body is tough and i pray for him, he will get better. thanks for giving everyone a daily update.he truly is a loved man.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Thanks to all those providing updates, i too check this thread everyday looking for updates and hoping to hear positive news.

Prayers going out to rob and his family.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Once more the love that is the lifeblood of PFF is shining through. As others have said, I check every day too for good signs...and they are coming, slowly but surely. Heck, if Uhlanstan can say a prayer for you, it MUST be good
Nick
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
More good vibes and hopes for Rob and his family.

Steve, Melanie & Amanda

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Robbie this morning, April 23, 2010

The therapist said that while she was working with him today, she asked him to squeeze her hand...and he did. She said that sometimes with brain injuries, the patient is slow to respond to requests or commands. Sometimes it may take 10-15 seconds, so even though the patient may respond to visitors, the visitor may not realize it because it's so delayed. This response was immediate.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Once again, thanks for the updates.
Rob is in my prayers, as always.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update ! Still hoping for the best on this end.
PFF
System Bot
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
tonight robert was still as good as can be expected. he wasnt awake much but i figured he was wore out. he's looking good. he did wake up a few times and those big brown eyes was open wide. he looked real hard from me to tammy,im not sure if robert knows who were are. he didnt respond to anything i ask him to do. he acts like he wants to say something but cant get the words out. the nurse said he can talk with the trachea in. they had to give him some pain meds cause his heart rate went up to 137 and she said thats the only way they know he's in pain is when the heart rate goes up. he did wake up 2 time and strained real hard and farted lol... tammy told him she didnt come up there to hear him fart..lol. he done it 2 time and if you know rob well you will know that he will fart anywhere he is at and laugh about it lol.lol. hey i'll take any responce i can get out of him lol.....im not real pleased with this new icu dept. he dont get the care that he did in trauma icu and gail has noticed the same things we have..gail was really feeling bad today but its like i told her i think were asking to much out of robert right now,they told us it was going to be a long slow process and today was 4 weeks, we call her every night when we leave and let her know how he is doing and she is hoping just as much as i am that robert talked,and he will its just going to take some time with a sever brain injury as robert has. his leg looked good its healing up fine and dont seem to have any infection in or around it. i'll be going back up tommorrow and i'll post again when i get home...Gary Murray
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:
.... today was 4 weeks ....

Wow. Four weeks. Sometimes, it seems longer yet other times, .... four weeks already ?
I have spent my time in ICU and also convalescing. Time is another dimension.
Thanks again for the updates.
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear things are only getting better.
He still has my prayers and good vibes headed his way.

Zach
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
good news on robert...you have to watch this

[This message has been edited by 86blackse (edited 09-19-2010).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
That is a GREAT video!
It's good to know he has someone like you-all looking out for him.
Thank you so much.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
I had resolved to stay away from the Fiero Forum for awhile, and then only lurk upon my return, and this is my first post in about a month. I just wanted to stop lurking long enough to say that I try to read this thread every day, and my heart, thoughts and prayers are there. I hope he makes a full recovery, and am proud to be apart of this community.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
They've reduced his oxygen from 30% to 28%. The plastic surgeon checked his leg and said it is healing very well. He squeezes Gails hand often and follows her hand with his eyes. When I saw the video of him doing what Gail asked, I told her that it was because he was used to taking orders from her.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Nice work, Rob! Keep it up!

Jonathan
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
I'm a softy at heart............tears flowing after watching that video posted.

Happy to see some movement by Rob !!! I know he has a long way to go, but that sure is a good sign.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
We're pulling for you Rob, praying for recovery.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
When I saw the video of him doing what Gail asked, I told her that it was because he was used to taking orders from her.

Originally posted by fierofool:
They've reduced his oxygen from 30% to 28%.

21% is what all of us get from the air around us.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
just got home from seeing rob..WOW that was the best visit so far..he was awake the entire time kicking both his feet and moving both arms..he squeezed my hand tonight...im sooooo thrilled..he kept wrinkling up his eyes and moving his hand trying to reach his nose so i knew his nose was itching lol. so i put the back of my hand against his nose and he turned his head back and forth rubbing his nose against my hand, i ask him if that was better and he tried to say yes.lol..i never leave the room while he is awake cause he follows me with his eyes like he's telling me not to leave but tonight i had to leave him watching me cause he wouldnt close his eyes but they call out that visiting hour was over so i told him to tell me bye and he squeezed my hand again. i was so happy i dought if i can even sleep tonight..he had alot of congestion in his chest and would cough and it would feel the trachea tube up so i would get the nurse to suction him and she told me i could do it anytime it was really simple and she showed me how. robs coming around and i know he has a long road ahead but myself and robs friends will be there helping him the entire time no matter how long it takes...i'll post more news tommorrow night when i get home....Gary Murray
LOOK AT THOSE EYES WIDE OPEN..you go robert

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad to see that he's coming along, this is very good news.

Joe
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Glad things are looking up.

Now get out of that hospital bed and get back to work.

Tough love you know.

But, but he doesn’t look any worse than he ever did.

Get better.
Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-25-2010).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Great pictures.
He's comming around just fine!
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Look at the grim set of his mouth!! He is a fighter!!!! And doesn't it just show? GREAT picture, great news, and we will keep on with the prayers and good wishes!!
best of LUCK!!
Nick and Ellie.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
LOOK AT THOSE EYES WIDE OPEN..you go robert

Gary,
Rob is a very lucky guy, not only is he lucky to be alive and recovering, he's lucky to have friends like you. My best wishes to Rob for a full recovery and my thanks to you for being such a good friend.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-26-2010).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Has he realized that his beard is gone yet? Give him a mirror and he'll be talking up a storm! LOL I've never seen him shaven before. Give 'em what for, Rob!

Jonathan
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Robert-SUPER news Gary-THANKS. Prayers & best wishes to Gail & all family also.R&J
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Wo, I must say I do not even recognize him. I men, this looks like a totaly different personthan the guy with the long beard. Amazing whata shave and hair cut cando for a fella!
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Can he move his hands enough to write? That would certainly help him communicate a lot better if he can. He has the look of life in his eyes and I'm glad to see he has made a lot of progress.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
thanks ron we had planned on the swap meet and meet you again but i guess we'll miss it this year and the pontiac show in pigeon forge but we'll be back in full force before long

avengador1
he can not move his hands enough to write at this point,that will be a while down the road..

robert was doing about the same this evening, things are still looking good,,he is kicking his feet and moving his arms. had a good visit today and gail was there and he moves alot more for her, poor fellow is getting so skinny. i have promised him steak dinners,mexican fried ice creams and alot more so when he is able we will fatten him back up real good lol...i'll post again tommorrow night....Gary

[This message has been edited by 86blackse (edited 04-25-2010).]

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
on my way to see robert i'll post later tonight when i get home.....gary
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

86blackse

1778 posts
Member since Nov 2006
robert was resting well tonight..all his vitals are good and they have his oxygen turned down as low as it will go. they said they were going to try to cap his trach tube shortly yhen he will be able to talk or make sounds. i'll be glad to hear him talk again. im not happy with the care he has been getting in this new icu unit but all in all most of the nurses take good care of him. he was sleepy tinight but did wake up a little while and move his legs for us.

i had'nt had any donations since the 16th so if you have any extra you could spare for robert please dont forget to donate. it will take us all to help him. we have enough to pay rent and utilities again may 1st but after that we will need to start working on building up for junes pymts. if you would like to help us the paypal is etfc159@yahoo.com thank you all for helping us help robert,it is so greatly appreciated
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I am glad Robert is slowly getting better.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I hope to donate shortly, but this has been the worst month for bills in my life-time(taxes, tuition, and a new roof on the house). I'm just hoping to make it until the end of May. Just the same, Rob is still in my thoughts and prayers and I appreciate the updates. I can't wait to hear what Rob has to say.
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
carnut122
times are tuff right now, take care of yourself right now,if you was to get a few bucks extra it would be appreciated but we sure dont want anyone to get in a bind over donating, im sure everyone that can will help us pull through this a little at a time...thanks Gary

[This message has been edited by 86blackse (edited 04-28-2010).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
If he starts moving his mouth more and more, trying to talk, and he cannot use his hands too well, you can make this (see below) so he can 'speak'.

Basically you take an aquarium pump (the louder the better, may want to remove anything that makes it quiet) you put the end of the tube into his mouth, and he can slowly talk. (sounds robotic, almost like those 'false larynx' devices )
It takes some getting used to, but it can remove a lot of frustration., and he can communicate any pains or that sort of thing... (hell.lo. there. I. am. cold. I. need. a. blan. ket. please.)

I did this with my Grandma, she wasn't able to use it much (because she wasn't doing so well, but she was able to say "I love you" to me.)

Hopefully, he'll be off that breathing machine soon.

-Rumor

edit, I originally wrote about this makeshift device in 8Ball's thread, but it applies here as well. It's a way he can tell you if his air is too warm, or any other things...pain or any messages...

Hope he recovers fully SOON.

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 04-28-2010).]

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
today they capped the tracha tube in rob and he's off the oxygen,he's doing well without it. they also done a swallowing test on him today and he didnt do good with it,seems he cant swallow yet, im hoping he will be able to eat and swallow some food before long so we can get some weight back on him. he still cant talk or make any sounds but its only been a day. maybe things will start improving shortly...i'll post more tommorrow when i get back....Gary
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock