Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  RobsFieros In Serious Accident (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
RobsFieros In Serious Accident by fierofool
Started on: 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Replies: 623
Last post by: fierofool on 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86blackse:

today they capped the tracha tube in rob and he's off the oxygen,he's doing well without it. they also done a swallowing test on him today and he didnt do good with it,seems he cant swallow yet, im hoping he will be able to eat and swallow some food before long so we can get some weight back on him. he still cant talk or make any sounds but its only been a day. maybe things will start improving shortly...i'll post more tommorrow when i get back....Gary

One day at a time.
IP: Logged
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

LOOK AT THOSE EYES WIDE OPEN..you go robert

Nice facial color too (pale would be a bad thing).Keep those prayers comeing.....

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Robbie was looking good this morning. They'd just finished giving him a bath and he was wide awake. When I walked in, I spoke to him and he turned and looked at me. I asked if he knew me and he opened his mouth as if to try to speak. I walked to the other side of the bed and he followed with his eyes. Melanie spoke to him and he turned back to look at her. Rather than the stare he used to have, he looks you square in the eyes, now. I think they must have awakened him to bathe him because he kept yawning. He'd start to get a big wrinkle in his nose then he'd yawn.

Toward the end of our visit, he was trying to pull his legs up and raise his head. I asked if he was in pain and he made a sound. I couldn't tell what he said, but Melanie said it sounded like he said "yes" or "yeah". It was faint, but he made a sound. While we talked to him, Melanie made a comment about something and he actually smiled just a little bit.

We only got to visit with him for about 20 minutes because they were taking care of him and bathing him when we got there, but it was long enough to see that he's made an awful lot of progress in the two weeks since 88_4mula and I visited.

When I flashed this picture, he squinted his eyes and nose after the flash went off, then he looked straight back at me.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for keeping the updates up, more prayers for you all.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Wow he looks much better !

Reports sound good. Have you guys tried the blink once for yes, twice for no options for communicating to see if he fully comprehends.

Might be much easier for him physically at the moment.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-29-2010).]

CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Wow he looks much better !

Reports sound good. Have you guys tried the blink once for yes, twice for no options for communicating to see if he fully comprehends.

Might be much easier for him physically at the moment.

But what if he get an eyelash in his eye?LOL,
Still it is great news to hear of how well his recovery is going.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

But what if he get an eyelash in his eye?LOL,
Still it is great news to hear of how well his recovery is going.

I think the progress we've seen with Robbie and 8balls dad speaks to the power of prayer.

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
well, last week, a state trooper here in WV, had almost the exact same thing happen to him (i work for the state police here in WV) he had a car pulled over doing a field sobriety test, and training a new troop (3rd day on the job) and a drunk driver Hit cpl. Pringle, and threw him into his training officer severely damaging cpl pringle and knocking the training officer unconsious, luckily the training officer came to in a matter of minutes, and radio'd for an ambulance, and the training officer and the person in the pulled over car rushed to cpl. pringles aid, he was consious but had a deep wound on his head, two broken legs, crushed stirnum a broken color bone, and a broken arm, on the way to the hospital he slipped unconsious and woke up several days later but he seems to be making good progress even though he has a tube in his throat.

im hoping like robsfieros that cpl pringle will make a speedy recovery, the worst part of all this is that the person who hit him was only charged with DUI causing bodily injury which is a misdemener.

here's the original story, keep in mind that the story is partly wrong, the drunk driver bearly hit his cruiser, most of the contact was between pringle and the drunks vehicle.

CISCO, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A West Virginia State Police Trooper is in the hospital after being hit by a vehicle driven by a drunk driver.

According to the West Virginia State Police, Corporal A. M. Pringle of the Harrisville Detachment was conducting a traffic stop near Cisco when another vehicle hit Corporal Pringle's police cruiser and then hit him.

West Virginia State Police say 63-year-old Jessie D. Parsons, of McFarlan, was behind the wheel of the car that hit Corporal Pringle.

Corporal Pringle suffered serious injuries, according to WVSP. He was taken to Camden Clark Hospital in Parkersburg and was then transported to Charleston Area Medical Center for further treatment.

Parsons was arrested for driving under the influence, causing bodily injury. He was taken to the North Central Regional Jail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
WOW...i just had the best visit with robert so far.. he replied to so many things i ask him..he was listening to the radio keeping beat with his foot lol. i ask him was the radio up loud enough and he shook his head yes...i ask him if he knew who me and tammy was and he shook his head yes. i told him their was 9 pages on pennocks about him and he smiled...he yawned really big and made the "hoooooo hooo" sound..i was so amazed.. the nurse came in and started asking robert to respond to different commands and he did every single one she ask him to do. he still hasnt talked yet but the nurse said he would have to find it kinda like learning to whistle then he'd be talking..she also said that neuro tissue is the slowest healing process but he's coming along just fine..i called gail and she talked to him over the phone and he would work his legs fast.lol...tonight was the best visit so far and robert is improving.they moved him in a private room with no visiting restrictions so i can stay all day with him so gail can get some rest..they removed the trachea tube from his throat and he's doing great. he is scheduled for another swallowing test first of the week and pt is working with him so he can sit up in the special recliner they have there..i'll post again tommorrow night....Gary
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Totally amazing.

He is one tough son of a gun.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Totally amazing.

That he is.
PFF
System Bot
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
soo happy to hear rob is doing much better, stll praying, godspeed.thank for the update.he is luckey to have such good friends.cannot wait to meet rob some day.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Totally amazing.

x2!
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

x2!

X3!!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

bh241

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bh241Click Here to visit bh241's HomePageSend a Private Message to bh241Direct Link to This Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that Robbie just told his sister he loved her.

Prayers are being answered, thank you guys so much. We know Rob has a long road ahead of him, but I do believe it is one that he won't be traveling alone.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bh241:

Prayers are being answered, thank you guys so much. We know Rob has a long road ahead of him, but I do believe it is one that he won't be traveling alone.

WOW. This is great news!!!!!. Sounds like rob is doing a lot better then the first post.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

That is awesome!
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

AWESOME!
PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Awesome.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

That chokes me up. Thanks for the update. Robbie is the man.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

That's fantastic. Rock on Rob!!!!!!!!!!!
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
WOW, Speechless, just WOW!!!
God is the MAN!!!
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
i spent a long time with robert tonight,,we talked about all kinds of things and robert would mouth yes,no and he moves his lips but the words just want come out yet. the nurse said just keep talking to him and he will one day just start talking so thats what im going to do..im going to stay with rob some through the week so gail can work some. when its just me and robert i talk to him alot. me and robert always talked every night for hours either on the phone or on the computer. he's looking better and staying awake alot more and he looks around at different things. i ask him was he about ready to get out of there and he shook his head yes, i ask him if he wanted me to come stay with him next week and he shook his head yes and he smiled really big..i'll take my laptop with me and let him look at our club pics and stuff and see if he remembers it...i'll post again tommorrow night....Gary
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
It just gets better!! Fantastic news!! Tears again...but tears of joy!!!
God bless you all for being such wonderful ,supportive friends and family
Nick and Ellie
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
It's been a little more than a month, and the contributions everyone made has helped Gail to keep the lease and the utilities paid on the garage at Robs Fieros. The money is dwindling down and it's about time to pitch in again, if you can afford to. Remember, you can send a contribution by paypal to etfc159@yahoo.com or by check or money order to

Gail Finley
709 Perry St
Athens TN 37303
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I am offering what may be the last of the 1st Edition Fiero Geocoins to benefit Rob and Gail.

(Shameless spamming I know. I don't care) Here is the Link.

Edit: We have our first bidder other than me. fyrebird68 you get a + from me for kicking it off. Thank you!

------------------
Central Iowa Fieros

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 05-02-2010).]

86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

It's been a little more than a month, and the contributions everyone made has helped Gail to keep the lease and the utilities paid on the garage at Robs Fieros. The money is dwindling down and it's about time to pitch in again, if you can afford to. Remember, you can send a contribution by paypal to etfc159@yahoo.com or by check or money order to

Gail Finley
709 Perry St
Athens TN 37303

thanks fierofool,,,gail will be needing our help for awhile,,the bills have been coming in and gail is getting worried,,i told her his friends will help as much as possible and she is so greatfull to each and every one of you..any amount you can spare is needed....

RACE
thank you so much for what your doing..maybe these guys will bid on it and help raise the price.

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow he came a long way from my last stop on here ..
Still in my prayers as always and I will send something soon to my next pay to help the family out

Thx to evryone whit the undate ..

Rob
PFF
System Bot
86blackse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
spent a good while with robert today..he said his first words to me tonight.i was shocked ,,,i ask him if his stomach was was doing ok and he said "feels pretty good most of the time" and he said alot more but i just could'nt make out what he was saying....i told him "i knew you could talk you just been playing possum..lol and he smiled really big,,,he smiled at me alot and acted like he was feeling pretty good. i ask him if he wanted me to bring my laptop and we could look at some pics and the forums and he shook his head yes..i am so happy rob has got this far..i told him we were going to start walking next and i ask him did he feel up to going outside and he shook his head yes so hopefully i can make it happen for him soon...i also told him all his friends on all the forums was pulling for him and he smiled....i'll post again tommorrow night....Gary
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

spent a good while with robert today..he said his first words to me tonight.i was shocked ,,,i ask him if his stomach was was doing ok and he said "feels pretty good most of the time" and he said alot more but i just could'nt make out what he was saying....i told him "i knew you could talk you just been playing possum..lol and he smiled really big,,,he smiled at me alot and acted like he was feeling pretty good. i ask him if he wanted me to bring my laptop and we could look at some pics and the forums and he shook his head yes..i am so happy rob has got this far..i told him we were going to start walking next and i ask him did he feel up to going outside and he shook his head yes so hopefully i can make it happen for him soon...i also told him all his friends on all the forums was pulling for him and he smiled....i'll post again tommorrow night....Gary

Good for you Rob!!
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Great news-Thanks so much Gary for all your labor of love for Robert & Gail-everyone still in our prayers, Rick & Jerry
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

i told him "i knew you could talk you just been playing possum..lol and he smiled really big,,,he smiled at me alot and acted like he was feeling pretty good.

Yea, he doesn't want the nurses to think he doesn't need attention.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I don't post much, but I read this every day, and continue to keep Rob in my prayers.
I'm happy that he is progressing so well.
Thank y'all for the updates.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Just bumping up the good news!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I don't post much, but I read this every day, and continue to keep Rob in my prayers.
I'm happy that he is progressing so well.
Thank y'all for the updates.

Only because Rob is currently not able to respond, I feel compelled to comment...............................24,319 times?????????????? Sorry Raydar, I couldn't help myself! However, your sentiment is well taken, as I make sure that I check on Rob's progress every evening, even though I don't post much (2,024). Likewise, Rob is in my thoughts and prayers too. I'm happy to read about his continued progress!!!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 05-04-2010).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
So he was a chain smoker who has probably been two months w/o a smoke? I think he should make the best of the situation
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

So he was a chain smoker who has probably been two months w/o a smoke? I think he should make the best of the situation

Take up chewing . jk jk

I just want to also say that I am checking this every day, and though I may not post constantly (in this thread), I am checking at least daily as well.

Brad
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock