Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Westboro to protest in my neighborhood... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Westboro to protest in my neighborhood... by Tony Kania
Started on: 10-05-2010 11:38 AM
Replies: 52
Last post by: avengador1 on 04-12-2011 09:46 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
by KREM.com
krem.com
Posted on October 4, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Updated yesterday at 11:40 PM

SPOKANE-- The Westboro Baptist Church has announced locations all over the Inland Northwest it plans to pickett. The group is notorious for protesting military funerals and is currently tied up in lawsuits on free speech. KREM 2 News talked to a local synagogue that is trying to counter the message of intolerance.

Rabbi Reuel Dillion is not sure why Westboro is targeting his small synagogue. He thinks they must have searched the Internet and found them at random. But he’s concerned this type of hateful message is popping up more and more. He says it’s definitely hate speech. He says we obviously have free speech in this country and it’s one of the things that makes this country great. But he thinks there are better ways to go about these things.

The radical group targets gay and Jewish people, protesting funerals, places of worship and even schools. They’ve announced a list of places they plan to picket on October 21st and 22nd.

Rabbi Dillon plans to ignore the group.

Westboro has a history of instilling violence with offensive signs. Dillion says he is going to encourage people to stay inside the synagogue and encourage people that want to argue or fight not to come.

Gonzaga, Whitworth, Eastern, North Idaho College, Rogers and Coeur d’Alene High Schools are a few others on the list. The schools are consulting legal council. Some are private institutions and can seek a no trespassing order.

The synagogue on the other hand is only feet away from a public sidewalk and is not planning legal action at this time. On Westboro’s web site the group lists half-hour time slots for each of the nine places they plan to picket.

Looks as if there will be some action in my neighborhood on October 21st. If I am around, which I plan on being, I will take some pics. I will be sure to brin my pot stirring stick with me. This is taking place about a half mile from my front door. You all know where I stand on our soldiers, and this guy is just disgusting.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-05-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dn69141

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dn69141Send a Private Message to dn69141Direct Link to This Post
Please get pictures of thier license plates and share!

[This message has been edited by dn69141 (edited 10-05-2010).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
well, maybe you can get a local paint-ball league to plan an ambush

hose them with skunk juice?

I assume they get their income thru lawsuits - so - whatever - be careful.....them christians are a slippery bunch

anyways - accidents happen

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Rotten eggs and a bungee launcher for distance. I bet you can get many shots in before they figure out where they came from. If you know exactly where they are going to be, you could set up some remotely controlled stink bombs to ward them away. These people aren't real Christians as they don't have any brotherly love, just hate. They are suit happy nutjobs.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 10-05-2010).]

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
you people are being to soft! These people cant sue if they aren't breathing anymore. They came to delaware and got thier asses kicked! It was very gratifying to see, but they are still able to spew thier filth. To bad they didn't get an extra hole in thier heads!

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Wow, it is tempting to head up that way. I have always kind of wanted to see these scum for myself. I do agree, these people need to have their ass handed to them. It makes christians in general look very bad and does nothing to further their cause.
dn69141

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dn69141Send a Private Message to dn69141Direct Link to This Post
Yeah get some stink spray...you don't have to spray them..but there is nothing wrong with walking around them why they are protesting and spraying the ground. Last I knew it was really really cheap to get that stuff...and it almost makes you gag..god I wish I could go.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2010 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I just do not see me doing anything illegal. I WILL go there and take pics. I am not happy about this, and am just disgusted.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

.....them christians are a slippery bunch

Are we back to defining again what one is?
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
Ode To Fred Phelps

Fred Phelps, you are a wretched man
who claims to carry out God’s plan
by torturing the ones who mourn,
but your religion’s moral **** .

Fred Phelps, your life’s an ugly sin,
so you and your demonic kin
should stop, repent, apologize
for your perversions and your lies.

Fred Phelps, you ought to be ashamed
to say you act in Jesus’ name,
abusing freedom bought with blood,
and dragging heroes through the mud.

Fred Phelps, you propaganda pimp
and uptight, homophobic wimp!
You denigrate a mother’s star
whose son was more man than you are.

Fred Phelps, you are a heretic!
Your soul is dead, your mind is sick!
False prophecy is what you sell-
it’s you who ought to be in hell!

Fred Phelps, you are a pompous jerk
who claims to carry out God’s work
by spreading hate and causing pain.
I hope you get hit by a train.
Copyright © 2010 by Hugh Lemma- All rights reserved

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
You know what might be neat, if someone installed large mirrors on the edge of the property so tall the protesters could not even see the building. They'd have to see in the mirror how foolish they look. As a bonus if one broke a mirror, even accidentally it would be destruction of property. Off to jail we go.
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
I would get myself arrested, so I better stay away.

I would kick some ass and claim they are domestic terrorists (using hate and terror on US citizens to try to achieve their goals). Their protests could be seen as "threatening" to their victims, because that is what the people are who must suffer these fools.

My question to the leader of Westboro and the persistent vegetables that follow him: Where is your honor? The prophets might have spoken the truth in unpopular places, but they never dishonored national heroes to try to get their point across. You might think you are doing the will of your diety, but somehow I doubt that is your number one concern.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Speaking of mirrors, maybe if enough people showed up with large enough mirrors, they could reflrct the light on them like the death beam in Vegas. At the very least it would be very annoying to them.
http://www.reuters.com/arti...dUSTRE6904AR20101001
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I am a bit worried about getting arrested. We are expecting the birth of our son soon, and I just can't get arrested right now. I will show up though.

Refer to the first paragraph, but I am asking what kind of a sign I should make? Really. I want input. This absolutely burns my a$$, and I want to show support for real Americans. Not these pussies. I want to make a statement, without going to jail. Feel free to submit some really heart felt sinage. No reason to hide your feelings in this thread. I have never demonstrated anything, and really feel that this is something that I cannot get away from.

While I am not happy with this countries leaders at the moment, I am 100% committed to every soldier that we have. This westboro crap really needs to stop.

Tony

Edit: Spelling.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-05-2010).]

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dn69141:

Yeah get some stink spray...you don't have to spray them..but there is nothing wrong with walking around them why they are protesting and spraying the ground. Last I knew it was really really cheap to get that stuff...and it almost makes you gag..god I wish I could go.

http://www.liquidass.com/
Getting video of the Westboro freaks getting a load of liquid ass would be a youtube sensation!
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
You could park between the protesters and the funeral and blare white noise from your radio and only open the windows nearest the protesters. The white noise could help cancel out their jackassery and would not distract the mourners.

LOL @ liquidass.com.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Cooter, you beat me to it!
I was going to suggest ass-bombing the area they are standing in.. You could do so surreptitiously, and they would only get the smell.

My adventures with Liquid Ass...(Circa 2006)

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 10-05-2010).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by Cooter:

http://www.liquidass.com/
Getting video of the Westboro freaks getting a load of liquid ass would be a youtube sensation!

Actually, the video WOULD be awesome... You could ass-bomb the place simply by walking through.... Then stand back and watch as they move to avoid the smell...
Especially if you could "Aerosol" the spray.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Actually, the video WOULD be awesome... You could ass-bomb the place simply by walking through.... Then stand back and watch as they move to avoid the smell...
Especially if you could "Aerosol" the spray.

You could "LA" their vehicles while they are busy protesting, with a note on their windshields saying their actions smell like ass. Even better if the windows are down.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Rabbi Dillon plans to ignore the group.

Sounds to me like Rabbi Dillon has the right plan. This group hopes to incite someone to do anything they can sue over. Ignore them and they will move on.

Ron
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Ignore them and they will move on.

Ron

EDIT: to say you're probably right. Reading what they "stand" for on Wikipedia makes me throw up in my mouth. These pukes are so filled with hate they spray it on anyone or any group that they can. It is clear they do not exist to bring the Light of Christ into the world, or make the world a better place.

[This message has been edited by Flamberge (edited 10-05-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

That has been tried in the past on these hyenas to no avail. The only thing that will change their pattern of action is to act upon that pattern.

While I will admit thesee jerks have pissed me off with their picketing of Servicemen's funerals, I think the Patriot Guard has a pretty good handle on that situation, they are picketing schools and houses of worship, they won't trespass, they don't want to be appearing to do anything but exercise their constitutional rights. So let them. I can stand on my head for thirty minutes (the planned length of their demonstration) so let them make fools of themselves.

Yeah, I think they are real asswipes but, they aren't worth going to jail over or being sued. They have a track record.

Ron

Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

You could "LA" their vehicles while they are busy protesting, with a note on their windshields saying their actions smell like ass. Even better if the windows are down.

No need for the windows to be down. Simply spray the cowl vent at the base of the windshield. Even with the vent set to 'recirculate', some fresh air will still be pulled from the cowl, and the wholesome goodness of LA will fill the car's interior.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't suggest anything illegal but if we are just talking hypothetical. If you put any stinky substance in a windshield washer container and just spray as you drive past.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fogglethorpe:

Ode To Fred Phelps

Fred Phelps, you are a wretched man
who claims to carry out God’s plan
by torturing the ones who mourn,
but your religion’s moral **** .

Fred Phelps, your life’s an ugly sin,
so you and your demonic kin
should stop, repent, apologize
for your perversions and your lies.

Fred Phelps, you ought to be ashamed
to say you act in Jesus’ name,
abusing freedom bought with blood,
and dragging heroes through the mud.

Fred Phelps, you propaganda pimp
and uptight, homophobic wimp!
You denigrate a mother’s star
whose son was more man than you are.

Fred Phelps, you are a heretic!
Your soul is dead, your mind is sick!
False prophecy is what you sell-
it’s you who ought to be in hell!

Fred Phelps, you are a pompous jerk
who claims to carry out God’s work
by spreading hate and causing pain.
I hope you get hit by a train.
Copyright © 2010 by Hugh Lemma- All rights reserved

He must be a "closet Muslim."
I figured I'd say it before some one else did....just to get the ball rolling, you understand.

Personally, I hope Phelps never requires the forgiveness of the God he so readily proclaims to represent.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
by KREM.com
krem.com
Posted on October 5, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Updated today at 6:23 PM
Related:
•Westboro Baptist Church plans pickets across Inland Northwest

SPOKANE-- They’re known for anti-tolerance message and upsetting military families. The highly controversial Westboro Baptist Church out of Topeka, Kansas plans to bring its fanatic pickets and shouts of hate to selected target sites here in the Inland Northwest.

Some locals are flooding social media sites to assemble a counter protest.

As soon as the word got out that Westboro would be staging in Spokane, news of counter-protests began to surface on Twitter and Facebook. Organizers say these social media sites are the only way to rally against Westboro.

Bearing hate messages and dragging the American Flag, the Westboro Baptist Church protested outside the White House Tuesday. Now Spokane is bracing for the same thing in a couple of weeks.

The group plans to force their anti-homosexual, no tolerance message on the Inland Northwest. That announcement sent people to the web to plan counter protests.

Autumn Halliwell is organizing one of those counter protests. She says Tuesday morning she started using Facebook and Twitter to get her message out. She plans on following the Westboro Group as it makes half hour stops at six sites in Spokane and Cheney. Gonzaga University, Whitworth, Eastern, Rodgers High School, the Moody Bible Institute and a synagogue are where Westboro will go.

Halliwell didn’t say a mean word about the hate group, but she will be refuting their message. She says Westboro’s message is one they have the right to deliver, however she has the right to counter that message with love, respect, and the facts. That’s quite the contrary to some Facebook pages KREM 2 News found. Bloggers have choice words for Westboro and it shows upwards of 1,200 people planning to show up.

Halliwell is also setting up a fundraiser. Donations will go to the Spokane AIDS foundation, the Odessy Youth Center and the Inland Northwest Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual-Transgender Center. That donation will be made in Westboro’s name.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
I really like the "illegal" ideas. Just not going to get that looney.

I am going to picket the picketers. With out a doubt. This group has a twisted sense of reality, and the likes of them are not needed in my community.

They are protesting a synagogue, and many other places around the Inland Northwest. The synagogue is near my house. Believe it or not, I would protest them picketing a mosque. Freedom of religion is still available in America. It is the radicals, like westboro church, that I despise. My main goal is to support our troops.

So, what is my sign to say?
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

PFF Supports Our Troops.
Westboro go home.
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
looks like there will be lots of people protesting the WBC. Why not just get in a tight group and just crowd the WBC away. There will not be many of them and a large group could just slowly move in all at once and push the WBC away from their targets. They could not maintain order if hundreds of others were just mixing in or slowly crowding them out.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

"Satan Loves Westboro"

"You too will be judged"

""Love thy neighbor doesn't mean protesting a Samaritan"

"Legion would be proud of Westboro"

"The righteous do not add suffering to the world"

"Jesus loved the sinner, and rebuke those who mocked them"

"It is obvious your message is not of God"

"Enjoy the Liquid Ass"

That's all I could think of.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Stop or Jake_Dragon's going to punch you in the face

I don't know what I would put on a sign, probably would just stand around and look pissed off about the entire event.
PFF
System Bot
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
Boy it would be a shame if one of those 'protests' were to turn into a major asskicking party Bunch of *expletive deleted*ing assholes.

[This message has been edited by D B Cooper (edited 10-05-2010).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Flamberge.... I always enjoy your honesty.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'd be sittin there with water ballons
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
I'd just do what I did with bully's in my youth.. Ignore them. Allow the tards to speak their minds, but make a far away detour around that block. and don't allow anyone to come in contact with them. Just how fun is it to protest when its only you and your group there? Allow officers to monitor them from afar but that is it. It's like the dumb news media. If it wasn't for the news many things would just fade away into oblivion, instead of being spread all around the world.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

"You too will be judged"

Class leader at the moment.
dn69141

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dn69141Send a Private Message to dn69141Direct Link to This Post
Seriously someone needs to get there ahead of time and watch them enter/exit vehicles...get license plates. That lets people get addresses which then can be posted on the internet, or if you live near the church go there on sunday and get lincense plates.

[This message has been edited by dn69141 (edited 10-06-2010).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 504
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Step 1. Acquire a live skunk
Step 2. Transport skunk to protest
Step 3. Gently toss terrified skunk into crowd of protestors
Step 4. Enjoy the spectacle

I'm pretty sure this is not in violation of any laws
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Send a bunch of big gay guys and some butch bulls in their midst to start makking out. That will scare them much more then any skunk, and you don't have to abuse any woodland critters.
Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
Those who are without Sin Cast the first stone...

I lived near topeka a few months ago, honestly being a christian, and baptist at that, I'm honestly ashamed of how these people act. They are not Christians, they are lawyers who are only interested in making money by suing people who step over the line. I've seen their hate in action, I've seen what they do and as much as it pisses me off "legally" they are within their rights. I'd love to put a bullet through the heads of all people like this, but i'm afraid the best thing to do is ignore them. They are the experienced veterans when it comes to provoking reactions, unless you can handle yourself completely in any situation you will only add to their cause by funding them through their lawsuits.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock